AVZ Discussion 2022

TDITD

Top 20
You dont want to be taking advice from Sir Les (or be baited) - best to wait for ASX Announcements.

It should be noted that the latest drilling results highlight the significant value of Manono - just because the mining license hasn't been issued does not mean the value of the mine is extinguished. The sooner the Mining License is issued the sooner revenues streams for the DRC will flow. This includes, income and accommodation for the locals, income for indirect services, tax for the DRC and credibility within the international community etc.

There wont be a Battery Hub in the DRC without a reliable supply of Lithium (hmmm I wonder where that supply will come from). Other jurisdictions are moving ahead - DRC runs the risk of missing the boat which is sad for the locals and the country as a whole if delays continue.

I continue to support the BOD.

SilentOne.
Very true,

Support the BOD but,

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Thaz

Regular
Suddenly everyone's awake, media included, trying to stir shit up with AVZ right?
I think they're trying to flush out information.
All sorts, it's really weird.

Don't take the bait guys, keep your lips sealed! :)
Hard to keep your lips sealed when you don't know anything
🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

M.Bison

Regular
The DRC does not need a battery hub. Plain and simple. For some reason they have gone to the last bloody step in the supply chain without figuring out how to run a simple mine first. Cart before the horse here.
Give reputable companies that have done the work mining licenses, maintain 10% min ownership, take royalties, tax the companies and tax the people that work there.
Then start to build a real economy around that. Just can't believe how complicated they have made this. We barely value add in Aus. Not going to work in DRC.

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

grassseeds

Regular
I agree with some of Sir Les's comments. The DRC in my opinion has been corrupted for so long that they have little wriggle room to do the right thing by AVZ. Looking at the situation from the DRC point of view AVZ appears to be only left with only legal redress. Shareholders need to better understand the DRC corruption and how AVZ now appears to be not in the loop. As Henry Kissinger stated power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. With an Election coming up the President will use all the people and funds he can muster to support his reelection. In my opinion, this is part of the reason why corrupt ministers have not been sidelined. The funds that the Chinese have provided to try and take over the Manono project would also assist in paying supporters of the ruling parties. The Chinese will supply further funds to corporations and individuals to buy influence for the coming election and to get favourable treatment on any project. Even in the unlikely scenario that AVZ does not lose Manono the Chinese are still winners. Their tactics and compliance by DRC personnel has already frightened off one French corporation from investing in the DRC. This is the tip of the iceberg.
My perception is that the only way AVZ can get some return is either via the International courts or by doing a deal to sell their stake in the project. Either way i don't expect shareholders to get adequately reimbursed.

• Thinking
  • Sad

whales

Regular
Lots of BS, but it hasn't worked for them for a long time they really are slow learners
How can it work for them when they do not follow their own mining code.
Mupande splits 13359 yet the code says it cannot.
DRC appoint a new CEO at the Cadestre to replace him but he defies the order.
ZERO respect for the law .
They would be fools to go to Washington as the corruption cannot be hidden due to social media.
Only hope for them is a decent arrangement that involves a take over with guaranteed mining licence to go with it .

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Onthefm

Regular
The DRC does not need a battery hub. Plain and simple. For some reason they have gone to the last bloody step in the supply chain without figuring out how to run a simple mine first. Cart before the horse here.
Give reputable companies that have done the work mining licenses, maintain 10% min ownership, take royalties, tax the companies and tax the people that work there.
Then start to build a real economy around that. Just can't believe how complicated they have made this. We barely value add in Aus. Not going to work in DRC.
Mate that's because the big mining companies in australia tell the week as piss government on both sides exactly what they will and won't do and what tax they will pay. Let's hope drc don't go down that track. But if they stick with chinese mining companies it's inevitable. imo

Reactions: 1 users
How can it work for them when they do not follow their own mining code.
Mupande splits 13359 yet the code says it cannot.
DRC appoint a new CEO at the Cadestre to replace him but he defies the order.
ZERO respect for the law .
They would be fools to go to Washington as the corruption cannot be hidden due to social media.
Only hope for them is a decent arrangement that involves a take over with guaranteed mining licence to go with it .
DRC mining code allows for tenement splits under Article 60 as long as the applicant signs a waiver which Dathcom did

I agree with your other points

20230215_163829.jpg

20230220_182946.jpg

20230220_183004.jpg

• Thinking
  • Love

RHyNO

Regular
Why are mgmt sitting on their dicks? Why not create our own media angle by using the fucking media at their disposal? At least to balance the published ideas. Nigel what in fuck are you doing with your time??

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

JAG

Top 20
Why are mgmt sitting on their dicks? Why not create our own media angle by using the fucking media at their disposal? At least to balance the published ideas. Nigel what in fuck are you doing with your time??
silence hurts doesn’t it…. Just imagine the pain those Fn Kunts that have tried to fk us over are going through
Going Crazy Homer Simpson GIF

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users
The AVZ cycle: optimism about near term resolutions/positive outcomes, then detractors/trolls appear again and nope we’re being screwed. Then repeat in a month or two

• Haha

RHyNO

Regular
silence hurts doesn’t it…. Just imagine the pain those Fn Kunts that have tried to fk us over are going through
Going Crazy Homer Simpson GIF
A very wise point. At least we got into this mess with true intentions, invest in the future of energy. They got in to short a company based on lies propelled by a media stooge. They will burn.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Bray

Regular
A very wise point. At least we got into this mess with true intentions, invest in the future of energy. They got in to short a company based on lies propelled by a media stooge. They will burn.
2B9161B4-416E-4941-B02B-F20A99E3925E.jpeg

Rum helps, until it’s empty

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

JAG

Top 20
So, just want to make sure all those who are he,she,him,her,red,white and blue received the update via WeChat ?

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Thinking
  • Haha
DRC now using the “you hurt my feelings” clause in the Mining Code to deny AVZ the license.

We have new drill data. Use that to update the overall lease yield, add in the BFS cost and revenue data and resubmit the ICSID claim for a bajillion fucking dollars. That might wake them up.

Or not.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Fuckup from management or lied to?
Bit of both imo

From the AGM:

Q: Issue that a portion of mines directorate said we hadn’t done the work on the northern tenement area, and shouldn’t get the north?

A: That’s not within the mining code. So 13359 should be retained in its entirety – however the northern area may need to come under a separate exploration tenement, even though that’s not the established process. – We know who’s behind this (e.g. DG CAMI)

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Samus

Top 20
I agree with some of Sir Les's comments. The DRC in my opinion has been corrupted for so long that they have little wriggle room to do the right thing by AVZ. Looking at the situation from the DRC point of view AVZ appears to be only left with only legal redress. Shareholders need to better understand the DRC corruption and how AVZ now appears to be not in the loop. As Henry Kissinger stated power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. With an Election coming up the President will use all the people and funds he can muster to support his reelection. In my opinion, this is part of the reason why corrupt ministers have not been sidelined. The funds that the Chinese have provided to try and take over the Manono project would also assist in paying supporters of the ruling parties. The Chinese will supply further funds to corporations and individuals to buy influence for the coming election and to get favourable treatment on any project. Even in the unlikely scenario that AVZ does not lose Manono the Chinese are still winners. Their tactics and compliance by DRC personnel has already frightened off one French corporation from investing in the DRC. This is the tip of the iceberg.
My perception is that the only way AVZ can get some return is either via the International courts or by doing a deal to sell their stake in the project. Either way i don't expect shareholders to get adequately reimbursed.
Although Sir Les (Der Geist?) rubs me right up the wrong way, this is a good post imo @grassseeds . Whilst it's good for the soul to be optimistic there is also reality.
I'd say this is pretty close to calling a spade a spade. Hopeful myself for a negotiated deal including a takeover, hopefully enough that we leave with something and not be put through the many years ordeal that one imagines the ICSID would entail.
There doesn't appear to be any other realistic options on the table since it's come down to arbitration. Maybe others have a different opinion? I'm not claiming to be an expert on complex issues but fancy I've at least been blessed with some modicum of common sense.
Reality seems to be $1.37 after tax keeps management from being too vulnerable in potential future legal disputes.
So when we get $12 USD nobody's got any cause for complaints really.
I hope it might also be realistic to hold some of the bad actors to account even after any possible takeover for damages, where Zijin comes to mind. And tear people like Tommy and boatman a new ass hole.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Bray

Regular
So, just want to make sure all those who are he,she,him,her,red,white and blue received the update via WeChat ?
Appreciate the solid update thanks Jag!
Patrick Stewart Cheers GIF by Blunt Talk

• Thinking
  • Haha

cruiser51

Top 20
Although Sir Les (Der Geist?) rubs me right up the wrong way, this is a good post imo @grassseeds . Whilst it's good for the soul to be optimistic there is also reality.
I'd say this is pretty close to calling a spade a spade. Hopeful myself for a negotiated deal including a takeover, hopefully enough that we leave with something and not be put through the many years ordeal that one imagines the ICSID would entail.
There doesn't appear to be any other realistic options on the table since it's come down to arbitration. Maybe others have a different opinion? I'm not claiming to be an expert on complex issues but fancy I've at least been blessed with some common sense.
Reality seems to be $1.37 after tax keeps management from being too vulnerable in potential future legal disputes.
So when we get $12 USD nobody's got any cause for complaints really.
I hope it might also be realistic to hold some of the bad actors to account even after any possible takeover for damages, where Zijin comes to mind. And tear people like Tommy and boatman a new ass hole.

Why not rip Tommy's head off and shit down the open ends?

It's all he really is good for.

• Haha
  • Fire

Jazz

Regular
Yep, 👍

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom