AVZ Discussion 2022

Onthefm

Regular
Covid was no excuse for not leaving WA for 2 years. Twiggy Forrest did what the fuck he wanted during the 'restrictions'. Management should have spent more time closer to our only asset rather than ducking a virus with a 99.9% survival rate imo

Australia’s richest man contracted COVID-19 while travelling around the world last year and was granted an exemption saving him from having to quarantine in two states on his return.

Fortescue Metals chairman Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest contracted the virus from a Russian translator in Uzbekistan, forcing him to postpone the rest of his planned Central Asia leg as he pursued new renewable energy projects for the major miner.

The four-month tour of 47 countries occurred at the height of the pandemic, which has halted global travel, and was part of the miner’s ambitious target to curb emissions from its West Australian operations.

“I would rather have not caught COVID but it hasn’t harmed me,” Mr Forrest said in an interview with The Australian Financial Review ahead of his Boyer lecture series due to go to air on the ABC this weekend.

“I’m still as fit as a fiddle but the big thing is that it enabled us to put together a suite of assets to create a supply of renewable fuels and products which could rival the fossil-fuel sector.”
You are 100% right. It's amazing how much giving a fuck can make shit happen. Z obviously gave a fuck.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi Carlos, not fair to compare Nigel to Twiggy. Twiggy would have access to the best private jets in the world, what would Nigel have?
It wasn't just Twiggy. Business people moved in and out of WA and just quarantined when returning. Many of them on commercial flights. I doubt the Australian government would have stood in the way of AVZ protecting an asset that they deem to be in the 'national interest'.

However if chartered private jet was preferred it would cost significantly less for a return flight and accommodation in country than the $1m USD we paid Marius Mihigo to lobby on management's behalf imo

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Onthefm

Regular
It wasn't just Twiggy. Business people moved in and out of WA and just quarantined when returning. Many of them on commercial flights. I doubt the Australian government would have stood in the way of AVZ protecting an asset that they deem to be in the 'national interest'.

However if chartered private jet was preferred it would cost significantly less for a return flight and accommodation in country than the $1m USD we paid Marius Mihigo to lobby on management's behalf imo
Yep also dead right it wasn't that hard to go in and out other than the quarantine. Just had to want to do it.

Reactions: 4 users

JAG

Top 20
View attachment 39664
Probably waiting to see if Cashy turned up to mow Jags lawn!
Just got back home, no chunks taken out of the paving but @CashKing did leave some tools behind 🤣
Thanks for doing the hedges mate but as I didn’t ask for that I’m bloody not paying $80 👍
D7777CDF-1B50-4320-A84A-87BE056EBED7.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

cruiser51

Top 20

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.09.47 pm.png

Reactions: 8 users
I’m outraged that we had not gotten whatever-the-fuck we thought we were getting today.

Can someone please remind me what that was?

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

TheCount

Regular
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Rediah

Regular
Just got back home, no chunks taken out of the paving but @CashKing did leave some tools behind 🤣
Thanks for doing the hedges mate but as I didn’t ask for that I’m bloody not paying $80 👍 View attachment 39667

You dont have to worry about the lawn if you dont have a lawn cuz you can't afford to have a lawn as your lawn (landscaping) money is with AVZ.

Seriously, $70k for landscaping, what do they think money come from trees? DRC?

Think About It GIF by Identity

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Remark

Top 20
I’m outraged that we had not gotten whatever-the-fuck we thought we were getting today.

Can someone please remind me what that was?

Wasn't it just the usual pineapple enema?

1689056577961.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.23.09 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 2.23.47 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

cruiser51

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

wombat74

Top 20
Hey Jason you too mate, definitely appreciate this post. All on edge playing our violins as the titanic sinks. I don’t even know if mgmt have made the connections or created the relationships, but I certainly feel they have dropped the ball by not being more present and more engaged with government. However you are right Re the cone of silence, But I’m just a lowly holder of half a million shares so what do I know! I appreciate the response and to know that we are all in this mess together. Good on you buddy for being a better man than I and calmly responding. Have a good one mate. Hopefully a whisky at a nice bar when this is all $12 and good times!
Chinese /DRC playbook is to commit the act then close off all lines of communication .I think the BoD cone of silence / cards close to the chest approach is more to avoid SH criticism and calls for pay cuts than anything else . The continued leaked rumors re positive progress that lead to nothing keeps SH optimistic and off the scent . Are SH having the wool pulled over their eyes ? Like throwing a dog a bone to shut it up or distract it . Rinse and repeat . What have the BoD actually achieved in the last 14 months ???? Oh I forgot . It's a secret . All IMO

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 23 users

Bray

Regular
Went to the supermarket, stocked up on pineapples and astroglide… who’s first for the pineapple slider

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Hi Carlos, not fair to compare Nigel to Twiggy. Twiggy would have access to the best private jets in the world, what would Nigel have?
The Nige private plane...

1689061712740.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

ptlas

Regular
Covid was no excuse for not leaving WA for 2 years. Twiggy Forrest did what the fuck he wanted during the 'restrictions'. Management should have spent more time closer to our only asset rather than ducking a virus with a 99.9% survival rate imo

Australia’s richest man contracted COVID-19 while travelling around the world last year and was granted an exemption saving him from having to quarantine in two states on his return.

Fortescue Metals chairman Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest contracted the virus from a Russian translator in Uzbekistan, forcing him to postpone the rest of his planned Central Asia leg as he pursued new renewable energy projects for the major miner.

The four-month tour of 47 countries occurred at the height of the pandemic, which has halted global travel, and was part of the miner’s ambitious target to curb emissions from its West Australian operations.

“I would rather have not caught COVID but it hasn’t harmed me,” Mr Forrest said in an interview with The Australian Financial Review ahead of his Boyer lecture series due to go to air on the ABC this weekend.

“I’m still as fit as a fiddle but the big thing is that it enabled us to put together a suite of assets to create a supply of renewable fuels and products which could rival the fossil-fuel sector.”
Flight time Perth - Kinshasha 14 hours one way.

Cost of a private charter $1, 000 to $10, 000 per hour. USD obviously.

Maths is pretty simple

Reactions: 8 users

rocknrolla

Regular
So I’m lost. Wtf are we waiting for?
License, takeover, going mining, gone broke, won court cases etc

Reactions: 3 users

Samus

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users