AVZ Discussion 2022

Felix apparently wants ICC and ICSID gone before he begins his re-election campaign again as Martin will point directly at the corruption surrounding Manono - I hold some hope of a resolution before these ICC cases are heard. Hoping Felix steps in long before all this but won't hold my breath
Left field solution:
Follow. The. Fucking. Law
Issue. The. Fucking. Mining. Lease.

#FuckZijin

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

ptlas

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Scoota30

Regular
Got me fucked why the parties should agree on a tight calendar rather than the arbitrator deciding on the dates and saying attend or you no show.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230621_161348_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230621_161348_Chrome.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

ptlas

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Flight996

Regular
Now is the time to keep Zijin’s human rights and other violations in the news, not to give in and beg for $2. For fuck sake the company is worth multiples of that, even given the current conditions, and the ICSID arbitration in the US is more important to our case

@Flight996 a link to the IGF report you mentioned as well as the IGF report on Comiere’s illegal sale to Zijin might help shareholders get over this shock
The IGF report on corruption in the DRC mining sector was published in 2022, and is available on the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) website.
https://www.iied.org/igf-report-corruption-mining-sector-democratic-republic-congo.
The report identifies allegations against Zijin Mining and Jin Cheng Mining for engaging in corrupt practices, including bribery, to secure mining rights in the DRC, as well as violating environmental regulations and human rights standards.

I don't have subscription access to the final report.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Remark

Top 20
It's nice to be on top but meaningless if we can't mine it.

1687336228635.png

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

wombat74

Top 20
No mate
We all knew
No mate . I called it and picked the approx time of announcement and picked October . It winner winner f--king chicken dinner for me . I take the fluffy bunny on the top shelf . Here is another prediction for you . Felix won't go anywhere near this until after the election .

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Fletch77

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

tonster66

Regular
Got me fucked why the parties should agree on a tight calendar rather than the arbitrator deciding on the dates and saying attend or you no show.
My thoughts exactly. The reason we are at the ICC is because we cant agree. The arbitrator needs to do their job.

• Fire
So as some predicted, the Zijin f*@#$ managed to delay the hearings.
k*%#s

If this paragraph in the announcement is accurate;
'The Sole Arbitrator determined that a short continuance was appropriate, strictly limited to a response to the issues raised in the IGF Report, and that the Parties should discuss and agree on a “tight” procedural calendar bearing in mind that a hearing should be held in September and not later than early October.'
then the arbitrator has allowed for a 'short continuance', and the hearing is likely to be held no later than early October.

What will Zijin do next to try and stall... my guess is they'll try to claim that AVZ wouldn't cooperate/agree on a date or some bs like that.

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

tonster66

Regular
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the chinese could be attempting to interfere with the election. Lets face it, chinas problems go away if Felix goes away.
If the ICC is in October and we know that it will be made public, then Felix's ministers will be shown to be corrupt. This could have a significant impact on the election.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

tonster66

Regular
So as some predicted, the Zijin f*@#$ managed to delay the hearings.
k*%#s

If this paragraph in the announcement is accurate;
'The Sole Arbitrator determined that a short continuance was appropriate, strictly limited to a response to the issues raised in the IGF Report, and that the Parties should discuss and agree on a “tight” procedural calendar bearing in mind that a hearing should be held in September and not later than early October.'
then the arbitrator has allowed for a 'short continuance', and the hearing is likely to be held no later than early October.

What will Zijin do next to try and stall... my guess is they'll try to claim that AVZ wouldn't cooperate/agree on a date or some bs like that.
I would think this could be easily accounted for. I would be sending then an email every day for a time. I cannot see AVZ not agreeing with any time they proposed.

Reactions: 2 users

JNRB

Regular
How the fuk can they apply for an extension for a case that they initiated

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 43 users

Samus

Top 20
Honestly 13 months and then the dumb fuck arbitrator allows another extension.
Dopey cunt. 🤦‍♂️

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Dave Evans

Regular
The law firms defending Zijin at the ICC sound like they are French and whether or not they can influence the ICC or whether they just know how to manipulate the proceedings in the form of delays etc is yet to be seen, but relying on facts rather than TSE’s own self proclaimed oracle is the approach I’m taking. See below

Lithium de Manono: who advises Zijin and Cominiere in their new arbitration against AVZ Minerals

Several law firms support the Chinese subsidiary Zijin Mining and the Congolese state-owned company Cominière in their recent application filed with the International Chamber of Commerce. In all, more than $1.4 billion in damages are claimed from AVZ

The law firms De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés and Fasken Martineau DuMoulin are advising Jin Cheng Mining Company , a subsidiary of the Chinese group Zijin Mining , in a new arbitration initiated against the Australian company AVZ Minerals regarding the Manono lithium project in ground floor.

This procedure, announced on May 15 by AVZ, was launched jointly before the International Chamber of Commerce ( ICC ) with the Congolese state company Cominière , which will be supported by the Congolese firm Muamba Mukengeshayi & Associés .

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Li-AusPol

Regular
How the fuk can they apply for an extension for a case that they initiated

I believe this was always Zijins strategy to file a case at the ICC and delay delay delay….. causing AVZs ML progress to cease with the assistance of corrupt gov individuals

By filing with ICC they knew they could control the narrative - as they knew how to exactly manipulate the ICC process

Let’s not forget Zijin are masters in dudding. It’s not their first rodeo. They knew that this would hinder AVZ

In my mind this strategy was all planned out at the time of the corrupt dealings with the MOP and in conjunction with the other corrupt actors including cominiere + cami

Now the DRC government cannot afford for MOP to be implicated via ICC publicly prior to the election due to her ‘following of voters’ FFS
so Mr President will not intervene and that’s why I see no change to the status quo prior to elections

Let’s see how this plays out

• Thinking
  • Fire

LX600

Regular
The hearing is supposed to be 3rd of July, which is 2 weeks away. Why they proposed the delay now? And even it is agreed?

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users
I believe this was always Zijins strategy to file a case at the ICC and delay delay delay….. causing AVZs ML progress to cease with the assistance of corrupt gov individuals

By filing with ICC they knew they could control the narrative - as they knew how to exactly manipulate the ICC process

Let’s not forget Zijin are masters in dudding. It’s not their first rodeo. They knew that this would hinder AVZ

In my mind this strategy was all planned out at the time of the corrupt dealings with the MOP and in conjunction with the other corrupt actors including cominiere + cami

Now the DRC government cannot afford for MOP to be implicated via ICC publicly prior to the election due to her ‘following of voters’ FFS
so Mr President will not intervene and that’s why I see no change to the status quo prior to elections

Let’s see how this plays out
100%

Lawfare 101

20210707_132153.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Chase

Regular
fucking dogs is right, wish there was something we could do. I'm developing a real hatred for the chinese. the fucking ICC is getting played as well, either they're on the chinese payroll or are dumb fucks, probably both apply.
Yeah me too#..I'm scared to say...patience..maybe
QUEENSLANDER

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom