AVZ Discussion 2022

Samus

Top 20
It seems to be the main problem that ICC and arbitration processes in general are extremely inefficient.
Not good for time sensitive issues such as what we're facing and not good for the spirit of investors.
Along with the inefficiency and stupidity of the DRC government makes for a nightmare scenario.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Manook

JasonM

Regular
Mate great overview and hope you're right. Only problem is even the supposed open/shut mmcs case still is not resolved after ,christ, how many months. But sounds good to me.
and thats the rub, how many days, weeks and months to go? Its hard to believe we're coming up to 13 months in suspension and we have nfi when this will be resolved and we'll get our money, mean while the likes of LTR are up over $3/share (good luck to them too) but shows how much we're missing out. ICC case coming up early july, it'll be interesting to see what happens on that front. It would be nice to think the parties will try to negotiate and get to a position where the case is dropped but somehow that seems too much wishful thinking.

Reactions: 9 users

Samus

Top 20
I'm not paranoid. Why who said so?
Looks like I succeeded in coaxing one troll to pop out of the woodwork looking at your posting history.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
1687145514850.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Rediah

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

GuruDukun

Regular
Articles from the China morning post have spouted a whole lot of long winded bullshit in the past as well. I get the feeling it's not a factual paper but a propaganda arm of the CCP where they push a specific narrative under the giuse of remaining somewhat neutral.
Not true, at least 10 years ago. Politics have changed though in HK.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tonster66

Regular
I do not see china manufacturing batteries in the DRC. That is not how they work. They want the raw product and develop that on their turf for maximum profit.
It will be very interesting to see what they will do if DRC bans the export of raw lithium.

Reactions: 12 users

Samus

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

You could ask yourself whether it was more likely you see this person’s face in a photo holding hands with your daughter or in a photo in handcuffs on a police station wall…. Say’s he keeps an eye on Chinese investment in infrastructure related to energy and metals. Haven’t seen him write anything about how China has ripped off the DRC when it comes to those three things
IMG_5062.jpeg

When you read the article it sounds like Tshisekedi is definitely trying to promote Chinese companies in the processing of lithium around Manono. In my view it is impossible to say he has not known about our situation. On top of that I believe we have been led on by the government the whole time we have been developing Manono and I hope Nigel tears them a new arsehole in the arbitration cases

@BEISHA I believe you have been spot on the whole time mate

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
You could ask yourself whether it was more likely you see this person’s face in a photo holding hands with your daughter or in a photo in handcuffs on police station wall…. Say’s he keeps an eye on Chinese investment in infrastructure related to energy and metals. Haven’t seen him write anything about the how China has ripped off the DRC when it comes to those three things
View attachment 38577

When you read the article it sounds like Tshisekedi is definitely trying to promote Chinese companies in the processing of lithium around Manono. In my view it is impossible to say he has not known about our situation. On top of that I believe we have been led on by the government the whole time we have been developing Manono and I hope Nigel tears them a new arsehole in the arbitration cases

@BEISHA I believe you have been spot on the whole time mate

Here is a link related to the World Bank and the DRC Mining Cadastre. It has useful information and is worth a read ahead of the arbitration case in the US. It’s 96 pages long but you can refer to the index at the front and go straight to the information you want

I’m not going to spoil anyone’s surprise by telling you what I read, at this time of night I just want to relax, but I reckon it’s well worth a read

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Thaz

Regular
Here is a link related to the World Bank and the DRC Mining Cadastre. It has useful information and is worth a read ahead of the arbitration case in the US. It’s 96 pages long but you can refer to the index at the front and go straight to the information you want

I’m not going to spoil anyone’s surprise by telling you what I read, at this time of night I just want to relax, but I reckon it’s well worth a read

Thanks MB.

Appreciate you linking this across here

Reactions: 6 users

Bray

Regular

First thing I went too… DRC case study
4C2F6241-C999-4A77-941C-A04B212E1DB1.jpeg
400B575C-138C-482C-879E-E869025380D7.jpeg
A88D0B0B-F506-47C3-A658-A8F11D8DAEDC.jpeg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Hi all.
FWIW a couple of thoughts. All IMO of course.

There's been little to no news since the last announcement of AVZ suing the DRC government. A great sign. Why? They were blindsided. Outplayed. CHECK MATE.

The evil, malicious forces working against us did not see this coming IMO. They thought wait 'em out, bleed 'em dry.
Well played BOD.

After speaking with a laywer friend of mine, I opine. These are just my musings but I believe they have merit.

As there is now a live litigation over ownership, amongst other things, the tenement can't be given to any other party, nor, can another party claim any ground, lease, ownership percentage etc., until AVZ's court case is adjudicated on.

The sole parties to the action are AVZ and the DRC Government.

The DRC government's hand has been forced. They simply can't let this play out before the courts IMO. They cannot afford to let all their dirty, filthy washing be aired. Can they? NO IMO.

I believe we'll get a favourable announcement sooner, not later, and it'll be a doozy. I lean toward a TO but we'll see.

Food for thought? Stay positive everyone.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Bray

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Onthefm

Regular
Hi all.

There's been little to no news since the last announcement of AVZ suing the DRC government. A great sign. Why? They were blindsided. Outplayed. CHECK MATE.

The evil, malicious forces working against us did not see this coming IMO. They thought wait 'em out, bleed 'em dry.
Well played BOD.

After speaking with a laywer friend of mine, I opine. These are just my musings but I believe they have merit.

As there is now a live litigation over ownership, amongst other things, the tenement can't be given to any other party, nor, can another party claim any ground, lease, ownership percentage etc., until AVZ's court case is adjudicated on.

The DRC government's hand has been forced. They simply can't let this play out before the courts IMO. They cannot afford to let all their dirty, filthy washing be aired. Can they? NO IMO.

I believe we'll get a favourable announcement sooner, not later, and it'll be a doozy. I lean toward a TO but we'll see.

For them not to want their dirty laundry aired they would require an embarrassment gene. Which as another poster has surmised they do not have. I think it must just disappear once you become one of the elite in drc.

Reactions: 11 users

Charbella

Regular
I think this is the section I liked but I’m going to log off for the night Bray…. I hope the link and pages in this section provide some relief to shareholders

View attachment 38584
  • Security of title. The license or the mineral right cannot be suspended or revoked except on specific grounds, which must be objective and not discretionary, and which must be clearly specified and detailed in the legal framework.

• Fire
Reactions: 30 users

JNRB

Regular
Hi all.

Well played BOD.

I think it's quite important to not that it is NOT just AVZ.
As per the announcement, Dathcom itself is also a claimant.
To me, the DRC-based company also being a claimant against the DRC gov is very different to if it was just some foreign-owned company.
And remember that Dathcom is that is the SOLE OWNER of the exploration/exploitation permit - all the ownership disputes have been about ownership of Dathcom, while Dathcom itself is the undisputed rights holder (right?). So to me it means a lot that they are also part of the claim.

1687177011891.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom