AVZ Discussion 2022

timb89

Regular
Update 2.
Just confirming we will be meeting at Young and Jacksons in Melbourne next Tuesday 27th at 6:30pm.

I have confirmed with the pub that there are no bookings or events on Tuesday, as I feel an overcrowded venue would make discussion difficult. But it would be helpful if those who are going to attend could send me a direct message so I can get a gauge on the rough numbers. If it turns out numbers are quite high we may look at reserving a small function room.

We currently have a few knowledgeable holders interested in calling in, so should be a good night.

I look forward to meeting up with you all over a few beers.

I have no idea if this mechanism is possible but I'd personally love to see a recording of any long form chats if a call takes place in regards to AVZ (as I am sure many would) if you have the capabilities to do so.

Reactions: 2 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Update 2.
Just confirming we will be meeting at Young and Jacksons in Melbourne next Tuesday 27th at 6:30pm.

I have confirmed with the pub that there are no bookings or events on Tuesday, as I feel an overcrowded venue would make discussion difficult. But it would be helpful if those who are going to attend could send me a direct message so I can get a gauge on the rough numbers. If it turns out numbers are quite high we may look at reserving a small function room.

We currently have a few knowledgeable holders interested in calling in, so should be a good night.

I look forward to meeting up with you all over a few beers.
Great initiative on your part Jazz

Are you able to live stream it? :giggle::giggle:

Ah fuck, Tim beat me to it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

whales

Regular
The vast majority of DRC voters have no fucking idea about the Dathcom issue imo
Could it be also possible that the President may have also not have been aware to the extent of the corruption by his government ministers and now knows the full extent.
The information regarding Manono may have been screened / filtered before reaching him .
Certainly knows now the extent of corruption .
Will heads roll or T/O offered ?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Could it be also possible that the President may have also not have been aware to the extent of the corruption by his government ministers and now knows the full extent.
The information regarding Manono may have been screened / filtered before reaching him .
No, no and no

IMO

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Roon

Regular
Then why is our BoD so optimistic one may ask. They seemed to be very happy about a positive outcome, so we will have to wait for the next announcement.
The BoD were also highly optimistic about every one of their timelines presented to the public, and look what happened. Obviously they are going to be cheerleaders - it's in the job description. I believe you are being led down the garden path by your supposed BoD contacts, who let's recall were also spouting about the great relations they had with the highest levels of the DRC government. Which turned out to be patently false. Maybe don't take their general blanket statement that they expect a positive outcome at face value given the demonstrable occasions where what they've said is either wrong, or at best, misleading.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
@whales

I'll expand on that
First No - To not know about the corruption, he would have had to not read the Jules A Key report. Background though is that he is not in a position of strength to fight the obvious corruption, despite his rhetoric - he does not have majority support to be able to tackle it head on (and anyway, it's probably in his DNA)
Second No - see above - he needs the political support from the very cunts who are corrupt - MoP, PM, probably MoM, and many more
Third No - BoD are entirely focussed on obtaining the ML, it is the only position they can take - please, never talk about a TO without a ML

Having said that, when they finally get it, (and I think they will) bring out the turkeys and we'll talk

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
The IGF report was completed mid last year. It was made public in December. Reshuffle happened early this year and Felix chose politics over rolling heads.

Felix doesn't want AVZ to mine Manono and he is playing the gringos against the Chinese to secure battery plants in the DRC imo

We will get bought out rather than the tenement being taken off us as it is far easier for everyone involved imo

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 24 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
What do you think a fair TO price would be Carlos - my guess is a tick above $2 and happy to be ridiculed for it

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Prefer to avoid straight up TO so as to not have to pay 20% corporate tax in DRC which would be plundered as per usual

Reactions: 4 users

Samus

Top 20
I'm leaning to prefer a takeover option personally. Any path forward to production seems fraught after what we've experienced for the past 13 months.
The DRC apart from being unreliable and corrupt are a decade behind where they should be in their thought process. This became clear at DRC-Africa Business Forum in 2021 (a red flag in hindsight).
Infrastructure to get product out of Manono should have been started 24 months ago along with the issue of the licence.
Let it be someone else's problem dealing with these idiots instead of us holding for many more years to achieve anything like fair value.
Just my personal opinion but I'd never look back and never consider going near African investments again with a 10 foot pole.
I'm setting a goal regardless of how things progress, I just hope it isn't 3-4 years away or never.
Of course I'd take $12 though but not if it means holding this stock for any longer than I have to so $10 is fine.

I love all these theories about how wonderful everything could or should be but when is any of it going to happen? So far it's been a downwards spiral for the past 2 years and unfortunately the thought of emerging with anything at all is more and more appealing. In that sense - you win China.
Bravo, now where is my payout from both our hero and trojan horse CATL/Mr Pee Pees?
Those pricks even get some money back since they own a fair percentage of the register one way or another anyway...

Whenever I hear about the DRC it makes me want to projectile vomit and then start smashing shit. At this stage this is multiple times a day, not so great for the health.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

wombat74

Top 20
Prefer to avoid straight up TO so as to not have to pay 20% corporate tax in DRC which would be plundered as per usual
$2.50 TO . Pay the TAX = $2 . Works for me .

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I'm just curious if Zijin is going to stall the ICC 3-4 July 2023 court case.

If they do we will probably hear 5pm 30 June 2023.

Further only other possibility Zijin/Com/Dathomir withdraw by lack of ability to extend.

I dunno how CKK likes it, that he is part of the party saying the DRC is a corrupt bunch of uneducated kids.

Reactions: 11 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
expiry of TIA and upcoming ICC cases in the coming 2 weeks should ensure some sort of announcement - Wombat - 2.50 seems more than fair to me and would similarly be happy - could've been way more if DRC could nut up

Reactions: 8 users
I'm just curious if Zijin is going to stall the ICC 3-4 July 2023 court case.

If they do we will probably hear 5pm 30 June 2023.

Further only other possibility Zijin/Com/Dathomir withdraw by lack of ability to extend.

I dunno how CKK likes it, that he is part of the party saying the DRC is a corrupt bunch of uneducated kids.
Is it possible for Zijin to actually stall it? Or are they legally bound to the date of schedule?

If the previous reason for delay was true ie conflict of schedule of arbitrator (even though super super lucky/convenient for Z), and thus ICC likely not in Zijin’s pocket, then surely Zijin couldn’t find a way to stall?

Hopefully 🤞
Gltah

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
expiry of TIA and upcoming ICC cases in the coming 2 weeks should ensure some sort of announcement - Wombat - 2.50 seems more than fair to me and would similarly be happy - could've been way more if DRC could nut up

2 fiddy is simply not enough....

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

9cardomaha

Regular
2 fiddy is simply not enough....
1687247182104.png

Edit: Not the value i am ascribing for TO, just a meme from childhood.

• Haha
  • Love

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Is it possible for Zijin to actually stall it? Or are they legally bound to the date of schedule?

If the previous reason for delay was true ie conflict of schedule of arbitrator (even though super super lucky/convenient for Z), and thus ICC likely not in Zijin’s pocket, then surely Zijin couldn’t find a way to stall?

Hopefully 🤞
Gltah

If Z can't make it or try and stall let the ICC arbitrate in their absence

They've had more than enough time to get their shit together given it has already been delayed once

If there's some sort of mysterious delay again it only adds fuel to the theory that Z are passing around les sacs en papier brun

Fukkem....royally

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
@whales

I'll expand on that
First No - To not know about the corruption, he would have had to not read the Jules A Key report. Background though is that he is not in a position of strength to fight the obvious corruption, despite his rhetoric - he does not have majority support to be able to tackle it head on (and anyway, it's probably in his DNA)
Second No - see above - he needs the political support from the very cunts who are corrupt - MoP, PM, probably MoM, and many more
Third No - BoD are entirely focussed on obtaining the ML, it is the only position they can take - please, never talk about a TO without a ML

Having said that, when they finally get it, (and I think they will) bring out the turkeys and we'll talk
They're focused on TO +/- ML

Charbella

Regular
If Z can't make it or try and stall let the ICC arbitrate in their absence

They've had more than enough time to get their shit together given it has already been delayed once

If there's some sort of mysterious delay again it only adds fuel to the theory that Z are passing around le sacs en papier brun

Fukkem....royally
Yep, Zijin had 15 months! If this gets delayed again, ICC Paris has been penetrated by brown paper bags.

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom