AVZ Discussion 2022

Panther22

Regular
Frustrated as anyone, I've a fair wack tied up in this thing, fair play to anyone who rode this thing through ML applications and to award(ish) ..that journey was considered a valley of death ; if the resource had of been in Australia AVZ would have been taken over after the first 20 holes....

DRC...well that's a different kettle of fish ; banging out the results and everyone ( suitors / potential partners) just sat on the fence ; my thoughts were always, that on award we’d have a quick scramble and a bidding war on sunrise...i reckon the likes of Zijin also knew this and so the stink bomb was primed and detonated to go off just after decree ( basically approval ) , which caused any entilty which had the ‘the time is now, need to act quick’ thought ; to pause and say fark it ; what just happened here..an instant shit storm ; from that point the Chinese with the help of their DRC corrupt cockroaches got to work by themselves and have tried to fuck AVZ up anyway they could....theres a few paragraphs I could write, but won't go through all that.....so fast forward..

My thoughts have been that we’ll come of of this thing alive ; it will be awarded to Dathcom...possibly some pressure negotiations around who gets what with of course most likely mining code not being totally followed e.g. We split it again, DRC state gets >10%, other financial terms which other mining approvals haven't been required to do; feed my dog on Saturday's etc etc.

There seemed to be a pretty positive vibe in the air over the last 2-3 weeks..progress being made 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️…rumour has it that this ICSID request application was made about 8 weeks ago ; so obviously before the recent uptick in positive moods....but what does the ICSID bring to the table? I think it probably cools off the leverage which the other side of the table thought it had...NF has been pretty bald headed from what I gather and hasn't failed under the pressure as some hoped he would have by now ; ICSID would potential wipe all of those non mining code applicable requests off the table, as ICSID would point to those as being unlawful / non compliance which by itself, would quick commence the downward spiraling of DRC's case.

So is the positive vibe still entacked? Has the ICSID moved rubbed a bit of salt in? I assume that if every thing was hurtling down the track to be finalised then AVZ could have turned off the request......but they possibly just had the application lodge 8 weeks ago and as these things take time, the they may run the risk of cancellation of the request only to realise that another brick wall has been built overnight and now they need to go and start the process again, burning another 8 weeks.

Some may have heard the rumour flying around that DRC want AVZ to drop their ICC cases....personally there wouldn't be a hope in hell of me dropping those cases unless the ML was in hand...imagine dropping these cases only to realise that the opposite side of the bargain wasn't kept and we needed to start that process again..

So where does this all leave us? We’ll imo unless FT already knew about this ICSID thing and he's been ok about it, then it's likely that things will be frosty ; but he's in a tough position considering it's most reached world stage and drc is not exactly cash rich and rely heavily on funds Despite being resource rich..but unfortunately are being raped by the Chinese. There's just so much corruption involved, relationship imo would be hitting the cheese grater , FT is probably searching for hair to pull out of his head by now ; the ICSID is a request at this stage, but can turn to proceedings pretty quickly...that happens and Worldbank and co will start to scrutinise funding even further and the funding belts likely to tightening ....Manono..well that would basically get frozen and FTs ‘battery world’ goes up in smoke, as global lithium exploration projects pass manono by and supply offtakes get signed elsewhere .

So my thinking is that this will likely end with a TO with FTs blessing ; a TO pre ML would require a guarantee from FT to the suitor that they’d be granted the licence if they pay the cash....doesnt look great for the DRC tbh, AVZ gets decree for ML, then gets cockblocked by a party of brown baggers and Chinese and needs to sell the project after 6 years of hard graft....pretty shitty and can't imagine it would have too much foreign investment clambering to get into the DRC's mining sector......its become a mess for FT; ideally he’d swing the sword and be publicallg seen to being forcefully weeding out all the grubs, the RCCM proved legit and Zijin were out.......buuut he seems more focused on not upsetting any of these corrupt ministerial grubs before the elections.....but if @9cardomaha ‘s docs do come up trumps then there's still a chance that FT is pushing the grinding stone behind the scene

Impact......at this stage give me a figure which after corporate tax if it's the asset is being sold in the DRC, which returns at the very very least ATH figure and id be happy enough to move on ; no ones getting $12 forget that garbage ; I couldn't be fucked going through another couple of months of this thing.

As for investing in anything with the name ‘Cong’ in it ; not a hope. We’ll get our cash back out of this thing, but imo forget the dream of going mining...if we get the ML; we’ll be well north the aforementioned price...money talks and mud sticks...would one really want to deal with all the shit through construction and dealing with Chinese and corrupt drc goons trying to fuck you up every step of the way....ML granted and $2.50 to $3.00 could be a reality..all depends on how FT feels 🙄

I reckon the AVZ case will be forever known, in mining investment circles when referring to the DRC. The resultant fallout in damage caused to the DRC mining industry by CKK , MoP, Lukonde etc will be far greater than they think imo; FT sweeping the decks would have shone a beacon of power and strength and likely been more favourable to his election hopes , as opposed to what his current position is portraying to the on lookers.

I’ve no doubt MoP and Lukonde won’t be consoling FT if he falls on his own sword at election time ; they’ll never thank him for standing by them when they were clearly exposed ,as horrible corrupt bastards. Those two will just slither off elsewhere and continue with the same ; CKK will probably still remain in charge of Cominiere … although I hope all three end up having to give 2 cent knuckle shuffles in back alleys ,as their new earners , as no one would touch them in any other capacity
Brilliant summation obe wan.
With what MoP and CKK and others have pocketed along the way l doubt they will ever need to be doing 2 cent knuckle shuffles in back alleys.
DRC will never get out of the corrupt cycle they live in.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Azzler

Top 20
Tend to agree on a personal level - on an $avz level Boss is extremely bullish on a negotiated outcome shortly which gives me great comfort knowing he has 10X as many shares as me.
Hey Mr Quat, I saw the other day you posted, I think on HC, that management were extremerly confident.
Was that just in referance to them saying that in asx anouncements in the past, or have you been in contact with them recently?
Cheers.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Hey Mr Quat, I saw the other day you posted, I think on HC, that management were extremerly confident.
Was that just in referance to them saying that in asx anouncements in the past, or have you been in contact with them recently?
Cheers.
Hi mate, I don't post on that shitbox of a website - must have been someone else

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
To many deboss is a legend but if they saw the bullshit he posts daily on twitter they would change there mind. Nothing on AVZ, just all political bullshit and lewd photos of young women. He has done nothing for this company apart from posting a few photos of his trip to Manono a few years back and winks over the last couple of months

No doubt I’ll get backlash from this post, bring it on

I thought I'd just add a bit of humour into everyones morning. We fucking need it. No backlash from me (y)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Roon

Regular
I was in two minds about whether to post this or not, but I figure I may as well. Its second-hand and could be biased by the individual's personal feelings about the company, so as always take with many a grain of salt:

So, one of my close relatives had a conversation recently with a former mining colleague who later went on to work with AVZ Minerals. Though not working there now, that individual said that AVZ were slowing their management operations down to focus on the legal/arbitration challenges, as "things weren't looking good". They said he didn't seem convinced of a positive outcome.

I'm not going to put his name out there as I wasnt the direct recipient and dont have have permission to do so. Given he is no longer employed there this could be just what he is picking up from former colleagues, or an expression of his own thoughts. It was also prior to the acceptance of the ICSID registration which as many of us think is likely intended to force a negotiated outcome.

Food for thought anyway, and don't shout me down for it. Just passing on for awareness, as it's about as close to a licensed taxi driver as I'm likely to get.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

Azzler

Top 20
I was in two minds about whether to post this or not, but I figure I may as well. Its second-hand and could be biased by the individual's personal feelings about the company, so as always take with many a grain of salt:

So, one of my close relatives had a conversation recently with a former mining colleague who later went on to work with AVZ Minerals. Though not working there now, that individual said that AVZ were slowing their management operations down to focus on the legal/arbitration challenges, as "things weren't looking good".

I'm not going to put his name out there as I wasnt the direct recipient and dont have have permission to do so. Given he is no longer employed there this could be just what he is picking up from former colleagues, or an expression of his own thoughts. It was also prior to the acceptance of the ICSID registration which as many of us think is likely intended to force a negotiated outcome.

Food for thought anyway, and don't shout me down for it. Just passing on for awareness, as it's about as close to a licensed taxi driver as I'm likely to get.
Appreciate anyone passing anything along.
But I'd say that's not anything we don't know already.

Reactions: 14 users

CHB

Regular

So, one of my close relatives had a conversation recently with a former mining colleague who later went on to work with AVZ Minerals. Though not working there now, that individual said that AVZ were slowing their management operations down to focus on the legal/arbitration challenges, as "things weren't looking good".

Thanks for this. Tbh something like this is probably more relevant and possibly closer to the mark than the optimistic guesses that seems to occur after the fact an event has occurred.

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Frustrated as anyone, I've a fair wack tied up in this thing, fair play to anyone who rode this thing through ML applications and to award(ish) ..that journey was considered a valley of death ; if the resource had of been in Australia AVZ would have been taken over after the first 20 holes....

DRC...well that's a different kettle of fish ; banging out the results and everyone ( suitors / potential partners) just sat on the fence ; my thoughts were always, that on award we’d have a quick scramble and a bidding war on sunrise...i reckon the likes of Zijin also knew this and so the stink bomb was primed and detonated to go off just after decree ( basically approval ) , which caused any entilty which had the ‘the time is now, need to act quick’ thought ; to pause and say fark it ; what just happened here..an instant shit storm ; from that point the Chinese with the help of their DRC corrupt cockroaches got to work by themselves and have tried to fuck AVZ up anyway they could....theres a few paragraphs I could write, but won't go through all that.....so fast forward..

My thoughts have been that we’ll come of of this thing alive ; it will be awarded to Dathcom...possibly some pressure negotiations around who gets what with of course most likely mining code not being totally followed e.g. We split it again, DRC state gets >10%, other financial terms which other mining approvals haven't been required to do; feed my dog on Saturday's etc etc.

There seemed to be a pretty positive vibe in the air over the last 2-3 weeks..progress being made 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️…rumour has it that this ICSID request application was made about 8 weeks ago ; so obviously before the recent uptick in positive moods....but what does the ICSID bring to the table? I think it probably cools off the leverage which the other side of the table thought it had...NF has been pretty bald headed from what I gather and hasn't failed under the pressure as some hoped he would have by now ; ICSID would potential wipe all of those non mining code applicable requests off the table, as ICSID would point to those as being unlawful / non compliance which by itself, would quick commence the downward spiraling of DRC's case.

So is the positive vibe still entacked? Has the ICSID moved rubbed a bit of salt in? I assume that if every thing was hurtling down the track to be finalised then AVZ could have turned off the request......but they possibly just had the application lodge 8 weeks ago and as these things take time, the they may run the risk of cancellation of the request only to realise that another brick wall has been built overnight and now they need to go and start the process again, burning another 8 weeks.

Some may have heard the rumour flying around that DRC want AVZ to drop their ICC cases....personally there wouldn't be a hope in hell of me dropping those cases unless the ML was in hand...imagine dropping these cases only to realise that the opposite side of the bargain wasn't kept and we needed to start that process again..

So where does this all leave us? We’ll imo unless FT already knew about this ICSID thing and he's been ok about it, then it's likely that things will be frosty ; but he's in a tough position considering it's most reached world stage and drc is not exactly cash rich and rely heavily on funds Despite being resource rich..but unfortunately are being raped by the Chinese. There's just so much corruption involved, relationship imo would be hitting the cheese grater , FT is probably searching for hair to pull out of his head by now ; the ICSID is a request at this stage, but can turn to proceedings pretty quickly...that happens and Worldbank and co will start to scrutinise funding even further and the funding belts likely to tightening ....Manono..well that would basically get frozen and FTs ‘battery world’ goes up in smoke, as global lithium exploration projects pass manono by and supply offtakes get signed elsewhere .

So my thinking is that this will likely end with a TO with FTs blessing ; a TO pre ML would require a guarantee from FT to the suitor that they’d be granted the licence if they pay the cash....doesnt look great for the DRC tbh, AVZ gets decree for ML, then gets cockblocked by a party of brown baggers and Chinese and needs to sell the project after 6 years of hard graft....pretty shitty and can't imagine it would have too much foreign investment clambering to get into the DRC's mining sector......its become a mess for FT; ideally he’d swing the sword and be publicallg seen to being forcefully weeding out all the grubs, the RCCM proved legit and Zijin were out.......buuut he seems more focused on not upsetting any of these corrupt ministerial grubs before the elections.....but if @9cardomaha ‘s docs do come up trumps then there's still a chance that FT is pushing the grinding stone behind the scene

Impact......at this stage give me a figure which after corporate tax if it's the asset is being sold in the DRC, which returns at the very very least ATH figure and id be happy enough to move on ; no ones getting $12 forget that garbage ; I couldn't be fucked going through another couple of months of this thing.

As for investing in anything with the name ‘Cong’ in it ; not a hope. We’ll get our cash back out of this thing, but imo forget the dream of going mining...if we get the ML; we’ll be well north the aforementioned price...money talks and mud sticks...would one really want to deal with all the shit through construction and dealing with Chinese and corrupt drc goons trying to fuck you up every step of the way....ML granted and $2.50 to $3.00 could be a reality..all depends on how FT feels 🙄

I reckon the AVZ case will be forever known, in mining investment circles when referring to the DRC. The resultant fallout in damage caused to the DRC mining industry by CKK , MoP, Lukonde etc will be far greater than they think imo; FT sweeping the decks would have shone a beacon of power and strength and likely been more favourable to his election hopes , as opposed to what his current position is portraying to the on lookers.

I’ve no doubt MoP and Lukonde won’t be consoling FT if he falls on his own sword at election time ; they’ll never thank him for standing by them when they were clearly exposed ,as horrible corrupt bastards. Those two will just slither off elsewhere and continue with the same ; CKK will probably still remain in charge of Cominiere … although I hope all three end up having to give 2 cent knuckle shuffles in back alleys ,as their new earners , as no one would touch them in any other capacity
A pretty comprehensive and balanced view of this shit show Obe !

I had a dream to be a long term investor with AVZ, to receive dividends and watch MANONO transform and uplift the fortunes of the desperately poor locals, i thought FT would be a revolutionary leader in that regard when he was "transferred" ( he did not win the election ) to power in 2019.

Sadly, under his tenure, he has demonstrated that he is no better than the KABILA regime, not a leaders arsehole , therefore my dream has been stained to the point, where if a half decent TO was presented, I would seriously consider taking it and put those funds into other projects that i have invested in which have excellent soverein risk .

Relations within DATHCOM JV and DRC government is so fractured and strained, just cant see trust being rebuilt after what has transpired for AVZ to go the journey of construction / production without being further fucked over.

I also fear that if a TO is not forth coming and AVZ is stuck in the legal mire for further year/s , then there is going to be a massive backlash towards AVZ BOD for lack of disclosure aka CLASS ACTION.

One thing is for sure...........will never invest in AFRICA continent ever again, no matter how impressive the project is....just not worth the mental head fuck!

imo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Assuming your friend works in the mining side of the business I think that is astute and is not farcical - looks as though they won't allow us to mine it unfortunately so no need to project managers/technical staff - they also appear to not be able to get rid of us hence why we keep applying pressure on twitter, the more public the less likely they can just disregard $avz.

I'd say we won't be mining this is a fair assessment

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users

Misfits

Regular
Assuming your friend works in the mining side of the business I think that is astute and is not farcical - looks as though they won't allow us to mine it unfortunately so no need to project managers/technical staff - they also appear to not be able to get rid of us hence why we keep applying pressure on twitter, the more public the less likely they can just disregard $avz.

I'd say we won't be mining this is a fair assessment
Agree. I think now blind Freddy can see that this will be taken over. It is just the price now IMO. Anyone expecting a price above $2 is unfortunately dreaming, I would think. No holding back on the bird now for that pretend leader Felix. Open Slatter I say.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

Samus

Top 20
Yes it really seems like a question of if we can come out of this situation with anything to show for it in a timely manner or not.
The DRC have fucked themselves royally and they'll be lucky to see any product coming out of Manono within 5 years. Sad given that they had the opportunity to be producing by now but given the level of corruption and incompetence it's nothing less than the government deserves imo.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

wombat74

Top 20

No need to shout you down . Nothing in that share holders don't already know . Your mates only stating the obvious . I don't think anyone saw the ICSID as a positive or as progress being made . It also goes without saying the focus now is on the legal challenges . Only a bunch of morons would waste money on the other stuff at this stage of the game . Everyone knows what the deposit is worth . Be nice to see if management take a pay cut .

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Agree. I think now blind Freddy can see that this will be taken over. It is just the price now IMO. Anyone expecting a price above $2 is unfortunately dreaming, I would
I think we get a TO and hopefully sooner rather than later - Chinese mob but prefrably western (doubtful)

Antoinette couldn't run a chook raffle in Australia and the rest are all fucking useless or devoid of moral compass - all starts with Sama IMO, hes a prick

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Samus

Top 20
I thought I'd just add a bit of humour into everyones morning. We fucking need it. No backlash from me (y)
Well it made my day starting at 8:45 so thanks! Miracle! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

aon

Regular
To many deboss is a legend but if they saw the bullshit he posts daily on twitter they would change there mind. Nothing on AVZ, just all political bullshit and lewd photos of young women. He has done nothing for this company apart from posting a few photos of his trip to Manono a few years back and winks over the last couple of months

Dave, he's a party boy 🥳, if you had attended some of the AVZ meet and greets over the years and noticed who 'worked the room best', you might think differently, as for his other passions everyone has their quirks. jstmythrts

ps as for anchors (Dijon), well 12 bucks sounds just dandy 😍 as starting points go, but it will be more like 2-3 bucks at best in the next 12 mths in the real world that I live in, if its higher than that someone deserves a Fg medal.
Dijon, make sure you hit me up for something special if you are remotely closer than me matee.

Great to see everyone's confidence this week is on the mend. aon

• Haha
  • Thinking

BEISHA

Top 20

DEBOSS & the CHIROPRACTOR ( 60m shares collectively ) said at the previous AGM....

" We are all good beisha ".....

laughing.gif

blind-men-leading-the-way.gif

nuff said.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Frank

Top 20
1686706597307.png

*Hi Ho, Hi Ho - It's off to Argentina they Go and can you blame them No :rolleyes:

EU, Argentina sign raw materials MOU with lithium in focus

Argentina’s president and the chief of the European Union signed a memorandum of understanding on Tuesday to boost cooperation on sustainable raw materials during an event in Buenos Aires, in a push for more clean energy tie-ups.
blank.gif

The agreement is designed to boost cooperation on climate-friendly infrastructure as well as new research on raw materials, including lithium, an ultra-light electric vehicle battery metal that governments worldwide are keen to secure supply of.

“Lithium is very important because it is crucial for clean energy technologies,” EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen told a news conference in Buenos Aires, citing an estimated 12-fold rise in lithium demand in Europe by 2030.

Argentina is the world’s fourth largest producer of lithium and has been attracting a wave of investment.

The country, along with Chile and Bolivia, is in South America’s so-called ‘lithium triangle’, which holds the world’s largest trove of the metal.

Von der Leyen added that Argentina also had big potential for renewable energy, including solar and wind, as well as green hydrogen, a growing sector.

The MoU comes as the EU and South America’s Mercosur bloc push towards finalizing a trade deal, which some leaders hope can be concluded by the end of the year.

“My aim is that we do everything we can so the Mercosur-EU agreement is concluded as soon as possible,” said von der Leyen.

“I think the bulk of the work has already been done.”

mining.com

Lithium Americas produces first carbonate at Caucharí-Olaroz

Canada’s Lithium Americas said it has produced its first lower than battery-quality lithium carbonate at the Caucharí-Olaroz project in Argentina’s Jujuy province.
blank.gif

The miner noted that additional purification processing equipment to achieve battery-quality lithium carbonate will be on site in the second half the year, as planned.

“The initial production achieved as part of commissioning is an exciting step as Caucharí-Olaroz continues to advance toward first production of battery-quality lithium carbonate,” chief executive Jonathan Evans said in the statement.

During the ramp-up stage to production capacity of 40,000 of battery-grade lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE), Lithium Americas expects Caucharí-Olaroz to operate below designed capacity, producing lithium carbonate under battery-quality specifications.

The Vancouver-based miner plans to increase capacity by 20,000 tonnes a year of LCE by the end of 2025.

The expansion has already been approved by seven neighbouring communities, Lithium Americas said in its latest corporate presentation.

mining.com

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Any genuine information is helpful @Roon and I take yours as being reliable

The only good thing that has come out of all this, is that we shareholders have gathered enough information on the corruption in the DRC mining sector (including DRC government and mining officials and Chinese companies) that we can come onto the TSE threads and cut and paste any, and as much of, the information we have collected and post it on international mining media platforms for the next 10 years. I know it's sad for the DRR population (especially for the population around Manono), but AVZ tried everything to do the right thing and the corrupt officials in power in the country have made it impossible for us to help them further, other than perhaps telling our storey. I hope there are some shareholders here who will always be around telling our storey

There are a number of mining and investment companies as well as official speakers advertising on the DRC MINING WEEK 2023 Facebook page ahead of the event and Dave Evans began by replying to the following ones, but eventually replied to all those shown in the pictures below….

Ministere des Mines - RDC
DRC Mining Advisory Board Members
The Standard Bank (Lead Sponsor)
Mining Engineering Services (Diamond Sponsor)
Copperbelt Energy (Platinum Sponsor)
Ecobank, Africell, Afritech, GSCongo (Gold Sponsors)

1686709112611.png

1686709150047.png

1686709178099.png

1686709202471.png

1686709233575.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

So, one of my close relatives had a conversation recently with a former mining colleague who later went on to work with AVZ Minerals. Though not working there now, that individual said that AVZ were slowing their management operations down to focus on the legal/arbitration challenges, as "things weren't looking good". They said he didn't seem convinced of a positive outcome.

But Deboss said he was at the office and the staff all had smiles and were in high spirits… also he gave a wink wink

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Samus

Top 20
But Deboss said he was at the office and the staff all had smiles and were in high spirits… also he gave a wink wink
Unfortunately we already established that people are only in high spirit just before their death.

• Haha
Top Bottom