AVZ Discussion 2022

aon

Regular
My, layman, understanding is that they have borrowed the stock to sell at a higher price.

If in the event that the stock was taken over at a premium, depending on the contract, they would need to pay the take over price back to who they borrowed the shares from.
thks Thaz,
Oh my gosh, ouch, that might be very painful:cry:, so your saying hooters and the gang of 😠 psychopaths that r bomb barding the crapr relentlesslee with glee in thr tone, hoping & 🙏 4 the demise of avz, might in fact be placed in checkmate if they r short avz if NF masterminds a TO, 2 bucks or more. Holy molly, that's shocking, I am 🙊, good nite norelle, that's all she wrote. Rumor has it that hooters already lost all his dough in Africa, that would be a Fg double whammy right thr, thats prob the reason he chose to short avz, to get it all backo_O and prove to his mum & dad how smart he is. Shoot, well I never, now that would be karma rht thr 🙏. We can only dream 🤪
ps lucky those evil shorters don't read TSE 🤫 nite all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Frank

Top 20

INGA III: the Australians of Fortescue non scratched at Tshisekedi for the project of 80 billion $US for the benefit of the Chinese of Three Gorges

The DR Congo is one of the richest countries in the world in natural resources, the national hydroelectric potential is estimated at around 110,000 MW, which corresponded to 13% of the world potential or 66% of the potential of Central Africa, until in 2019.

But at the same time for lack of organization of the institutions, the country which has natural resources can produce electricity until it can supply Europe, suffers from a serious deficit in electrical energy.

The country's energy supply represents less than 3% of the hydroelectric potential and the country is exposed to a chronic energy deficit, functioning only by load shedding (localized, temporary power cuts distributed over the territory), the height.

In 2020, only 19% of Congolese had access to electricity, outside the big cities, this number drops to less than 4%, or less than one person in 20, something that seriously hinders the development of this country.

The construction projects of the Inga dam date from the colonial era, precisely in 1925.

Presented by Colonel Pierre Van Deuren to the King of the Belgians Albert I, but the crisis of 1929 with the Great Depression, then the Second World War blocked the realization of the project, relaunched at the end of the colonial era, in 1958, it was blocked by the independence of the country.

In 1967, the spirit of greatness of ex-President Mobutu pushed him to take the decision to build the first hydroelectric power station called Inga I in Matadi, 250 kilometers from Kinshasa, with 351 MW, Inga I entered into service in 1972.

Then later, Mobutu realized Inga II with 1,424 MW, which entered service in 1982.

In turn, President Joseph Kabila, then decided to continue the development of this Inga site, thus realizing Inga III to Inga VIII.

On October 16, 2018, the government under the regime of Joseph Kabila had signed an exclusive development agreement for the Inga III project with a Sino-Spanish consortium, including the Chinese company Three Gorges Corporation and ProInga, led by the Cobra subsidiary of the construction group.

Spanish ACS of Florentino Pérez, president of Real Madrid, for the development of Inga III of 11,000 MW, for an estimated cost of 14 billion $US.

Following disagreements between the partners of the Sino-Spanish consortium, the Spaniards of ACS withdrew from the project, leaving the Chinese and another Spanish partner, AEE Power, who remained in the consortium, they were unable to carry out the feasibility studies. promised on the Inga III project, in particular due to a lack of funding.

In 2020, having snatched the parliamentary majority from Joseph Kabila and supported by the Americans, Felix Tshisekedi withdrew exclusivity on the Inga III project from the Chinese of the Three Gorges Corporation, to set his sights in 2021 on the Fortescue group of the Australian billionaire and second Australia's richest personality, Andrew Forrest who made his fortune in iron.

For the Grand Inga hydroelectric dam extension project, the Australians of Fortescue should invest a sum of US$80 billion for a capacity of 42,000 megawatts and create at least 100,000 direct jobs in the DR Congo.

“I found a consortium that was not one, a project was dead. In the two and a half years that I have been there, I have never seen anything concrete, as promising as the dossier presented to us by Andrew Forrest.

It is for the first time, I see a serious investor, serious in relation to his size, his financial capacity but also serious in terms of the project he is proposing, which he intends to develop in our country, serious because not only that it fits into the current context of energy transition but also brings many benefits for the republic, for its inhabitants and for its youth.

We, as the State, our duty is to encourage it and provide it with all the necessary context for this purpose,” Félix Tshisekedi declared to the press in June 2021.

But since his return from his historic visit to China, where he was received by his counterpart President Xi Jinping, Felix Tshisekedi has just changed his position, now pleading to restore the exclusivity of the Inga III project to the Chinese of Three Gorges, from whom he had withdrawn in 2021 for lack of achievement, ceding him to the Fortescue group of Andrew Forrest, who in turn risk being victims of the same playfulness of the DR Congo, as for his compatriots from AVZ MINERALS on the lithium from Manono.

In 2020 and 2021, Félix Tshisekedi seemed to have embraced the cause of Westerners with the Americans in mind, in the war with the Chinese over the monopoly of DR Congo's resources, over Inga III, over Manono's lithium, even granting the license to operation at DATCHOM overseen by the Australians of AVZ, in particular on the battery development project.

But now, for a while now, the Australians of Fortescue and AVZ no longer seem to be part of the Congolese head of state's taste buds, the Congolese head of state would have asked his government to favor a return to the concession of the exclusivity, not only of Inga III, but of the entire extension of the Inga project to the Chinese of Three Gorges.

By Kiki Kienge - June 13, 2023

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

timb89

Regular
A hypothetical.......call me the supreme optimist, but I thought given that most of the shorts such as don't call me hooter's, sticky & vry shifty, boteecall, toilet bowel, & co r based on the crap'r, I might ask here first what happens in the circumstances that we r forced :confused: to accept a TO offer of say 2 bucks 'without the stock coming back to market' r they f...d (the shorts) how do they buy back what they have shorted if that event unfolded, probably a bit of a naive? on my part I guess.

I
thks Thaz,
Oh my gosh, ouch, that might be very painful:cry:, so your saying hooters and the gang of 😠 psychopaths that r bomb barding the crapr relentlesslee with glee in thr tone, hoping & 🙏 4 the demise of avz, might in fact be placed in checkmate if they r short avz & NF masterminds a TO, 2 bucks or more. Holy molly, that's shocking, I am 🙊, good nite norelle, that's all she wrote. Rumor has it that hooters already lost all his dough in Africa, that would be a Fg double whammy right thr, thats prob the reason he chose to short avz, to get it all backo_O and prove to his mum & dad how smart he is. Shoot, well I never, now that would be karma rht thr 🙏. We can only dream 🤪
ps lucky those evil shorters don't read TSE 🤫 nite all.

For what it's worth, I truly don't believe Hoots is short. I think its much more likely that his ego has become invested in being right.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

obe wan

Regular
obe wan , what's your updated thoughts on how this ends up ?You have been mostly positive since this all began .
Frustrated as anyone, I've a fair wack tied up in this thing, fair play to anyone who rode this thing through ML applications and to award(ish) ..that journey was considered a valley of death ; if the resource had of been in Australia AVZ would have been taken over after the first 20 holes....

DRC...well that's a different kettle of fish ; banging out the results and everyone ( suitors / potential partners) just sat on the fence ; my thoughts were always, that on award we’d have a quick scramble and a bidding war on sunrise...i reckon the likes of Zijin also knew this and so the stink bomb was primed and detonated to go off just after decree ( basically approval ) , which caused any entilty which had the ‘the time is now, need to act quick’ thought ; to pause and say fark it ; what just happened here..an instant shit storm ; from that point the Chinese with the help of their DRC corrupt cockroaches got to work by themselves and have tried to fuck AVZ up anyway they could....theres a few paragraphs I could write, but won't go through all that.....so fast forward..

My thoughts have been that we’ll come of of this thing alive ; it will be awarded to Dathcom...possibly some pressure negotiations around who gets what with of course most likely mining code not being totally followed e.g. We split it again, DRC state gets >10%, other financial terms which other mining approvals haven't been required to do; feed my dog on Saturday's etc etc.

There seemed to be a pretty positive vibe in the air over the last 2-3 weeks..progress being made 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️…rumour has it that this ICSID request application was made about 8 weeks ago ; so obviously before the recent uptick in positive moods....but what does the ICSID bring to the table? I think it probably cools off the leverage which the other side of the table thought it had...NF has been pretty bald headed from what I gather and hasn't failed under the pressure as some hoped he would have by now ; ICSID would potential wipe all of those non mining code applicable requests off the table, as ICSID would point to those as being unlawful / non compliance which by itself, would quick commence the downward spiraling of DRC's case.

So is the positive vibe still entacked? Has the ICSID moved rubbed a bit of salt in? I assume that if every thing was hurtling down the track to be finalised then AVZ could have turned off the request......but they possibly just had the application lodge 8 weeks ago and as these things take time, the they may run the risk of cancellation of the request only to realise that another brick wall has been built overnight and now they need to go and start the process again, burning another 8 weeks.

Some may have heard the rumour flying around that DRC want AVZ to drop their ICC cases....personally there wouldn't be a hope in hell of me dropping those cases unless the ML was in hand...imagine dropping these cases only to realise that the opposite side of the bargain wasn't kept and we needed to start that process again..

So where does this all leave us? We’ll imo unless FT already knew about this ICSID thing and he's been ok about it, then it's likely that things will be frosty ; but he's in a tough position considering it's most reached world stage and drc is not exactly cash rich and rely heavily on funds Despite being resource rich..but unfortunately are being raped by the Chinese. There's just so much corruption involved, relationship imo would be hitting the cheese grater , FT is probably searching for hair to pull out of his head by now ; the ICSID is a request at this stage, but can turn to proceedings pretty quickly...that happens and Worldbank and co will start to scrutinise funding even further and the funding belts likely to tightening ....Manono..well that would basically get frozen and FTs ‘battery world’ goes up in smoke, as global lithium exploration projects pass manono by and supply offtakes get signed elsewhere .

So my thinking is that this will likely end with a TO with FTs blessing ; a TO pre ML would require a guarantee from FT to the suitor that they’d be granted the licence if they pay the cash....doesnt look great for the DRC tbh, AVZ gets decree for ML, then gets cockblocked by a party of brown baggers and Chinese and needs to sell the project after 6 years of hard graft....pretty shitty and can't imagine it would have too much foreign investment clambering to get into the DRC's mining sector......its become a mess for FT; ideally he’d swing the sword and be publicallg seen to being forcefully weeding out all the grubs, the RCCM proved legit and Zijin were out.......buuut he seems more focused on not upsetting any of these corrupt ministerial grubs before the elections.....but if @9cardomaha ‘s docs do come up trumps then there's still a chance that FT is pushing the grinding stone behind the scene

Impact......at this stage give me a figure which after corporate tax if it's the asset is being sold in the DRC, which returns at the very very least ATH figure and id be happy enough to move on ; no ones getting $12 forget that garbage ; I couldn't be fucked going through another couple of months of this thing.

As for investing in anything with the name ‘Cong’ in it ; not a hope. We’ll get our cash back out of this thing, but imo forget the dream of going mining...if we get the ML; we’ll be well north the aforementioned price...money talks and mud sticks...would one really want to deal with all the shit through construction and dealing with Chinese and corrupt drc goons trying to fuck you up every step of the way....ML granted and $2.50 to $3.00 could be a reality..all depends on how FT feels 🙄

I reckon the AVZ case will be forever known, in mining investment circles when referring to the DRC. The resultant fallout in damage caused to the DRC mining industry by CKK , MoP, Lukonde etc will be far greater than they think imo; FT sweeping the decks would have shone a beacon of power and strength and likely been more favourable to his election hopes , as opposed to what his current position is portraying to the on lookers.

I’ve no doubt MoP and Lukonde won’t be consoling FT if he falls on his own sword at election time ; they’ll never thank him for standing by them when they were clearly exposed ,as horrible corrupt bastards. Those two will just slither off elsewhere and continue with the same ; CKK will probably still remain in charge of Cominiere … although I hope all three end up having to give 2 cent knuckle shuffles in back alleys ,as their new earners , as no one would touch them in any other capacity

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 83 users

Frank

Top 20

Reactions: 10 users

Frank

Top 20

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Frank

Top 20

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 25 users

TDITD

Top 20
Frustrated as anyone, I've a fair wack tied up in this thing, fair play to anyone who rode this thing through ML applications and to award(ish) ..that journey was considered a valley of death ; if the resource had of been in Australia AVZ would have been taken over after the first 20 holes....

DRC...well that's a different kettle of fish ; banging out the results and everyone ( suitors / potential partners) just sat on the fence ; my thoughts were always, that on award we’d have a quick scramble and a bidding war on sunrise...i reckon the likes of Zijin also knew this and so the stink bomb was primed and detonated to go off just after decree ( basically approval ) , which caused any entilty which had the ‘the time is now, need to act quick’ thought ; to pause and say fark it ; what just happened here..an instant shit storm ; from that point the Chinese with the help of their DRC corrupt cockroaches got to work by themselves and have tried to fuck AVZ up anyway they could....theres a few paragraphs I could write, but won't go through all that.....so fast forward..

My thoughts have been that we’ll come of of this thing alive ; it will be awarded to Dathcom...possibly some pressure negotiations around who gets what with of course most likely mining code not being totally followed e.g. We split it again, DRC state gets >10%, other financial terms which other mining approvals haven't been required to do; feed my dog on Saturday's etc etc.

There seemed to be a pretty positive vibe in the air over the last 2-3 weeks..progress being made 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️…rumour has it that this ICSID request application was made about 8 weeks ago ; so obviously before the recent uptick in positive moods....but what does the ICSID bring to the table? I think it probably cools off the leverage which the other side of the table thought it had...NF has been pretty bald headed from what I gather and hasn't failed under the pressure as some hoped he would have by now ; ICSID would potential wipe all of those non mining code applicable requests off the table, as ICSID would point to those as being unlawful / non compliance which by itself, would quick commence the downward spiraling of DRC's case.

So is the positive vibe still entacked? Has the ICSID moved rubbed a bit of salt in? I assume that if every thing was hurtling down the track to be finalised then AVZ could have turned off the request......but they possibly just had the application lodge 8 weeks ago and as these things take time, the they may run the risk of cancellation of the request only to realise that another brick wall has been built overnight and now they need to go and start the process again, burning another 8 weeks.

Some may have heard the rumour flying around that DRC want AVZ to drop their ICC cases....personally there wouldn't be a hope in hell of me dropping those cases unless the ML was in hand...imagine dropping these cases only to realise that the opposite side of the bargain wasn't kept and we needed to start that process again..

So where does this all leave us? We’ll imo unless FT already knew about this ICSID thing and he's been ok about it, then it's likely that things will be frosty ; but he's in a tough position considering it's most reached world stage and drc is not exactly cash rich and rely heavily on funds Despite being resource rich..but unfortunately are being raped by the Chinese. There's just so much corruption involved, relationship imo would be getting pretty frosty, FT is probably searching for hair to pull out of his head by now ; the ICSID is a request at this stage, but can turn to proceedings pretty quickly...that happens and Worldbank and co will start to scrutinise funding even further and the bekts see likely to tighten....Manono..well that would basically get frozen and FTs battery world goes up in smoke, as global lithium exploration projects pass manono by and supply offtakes get signed elsewhere .

So my thinking is that this will likely end with a TO with FTs blessing ; a TO pre ML would require a guarantee from FT to the suitor that they’d be granted the licence if they pay the cash....doesnt look great for the DRC tbh, AVZ gets decree for ML, then gets cockblocked by a party of brown baggers and Chinese and needs to sell the project after 6 years of hard graft....pretty shitty and can't imagine it would have too much foreign investment clambering to get into the DRC's mining sector......its become a mess for FT; ideally he’d swing the sword and be publicallg seen to being forcefully weeding out all the grubs, the RCCM proved legit and Zijin were out.......buuut he seems more focused on not upsetting any of these corrupt ministerial grubs before the elections.....but if @9cardomaha ‘s docs do come up trumps then there's still a chance that FT is pushing the grinding stone behind the scene

Impact......at this stage give me a figure which after corporate tax if it's the asset is being sold in the DRC, which returns at the very very least ATH figure and id be happy enough to move on ; no ones getting $12 forget that garbage ; I couldn't be fucked going through another couple of months of this thing.

As for investing in anything with the name ‘Cong’ in it ; not a hope. We’ll get our cash back out of this thing, but imo forget the dream of going mining...if we get the ML; we’ll be well north the aforementioned price...money talks and mud sticks...would one really want to deal with all the shit through construction which Chinese and corrupt drc goons trying to fuck you up every step of the way....$2.50 to $3.00 could be a reality..all depends on how FT feels 🙄
Agreed mate, excellent write up....

$12

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Frank

Top 20

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Azzler

Top 20

So where does this all leave us? We’ll imo unless FT already knew about this ICSID thing and he's been ok about it, then it's likely that things will be frosty ; but he's in a tough position considering it's most reached world stage and drc is not exactly cash rich and rely heavily on funds Despite being resource rich..but unfortunately are being raped by the Chinese. There's just so much corruption involved, relationship imo would be getting pretty frosty, FT is probably searching for hair to pull out of his head by now ; the ICSID is a request at this stage, but can turn to proceedings pretty quickly...that happens and Worldbank and co will start to scrutinise funding even further and the bekts see likely to tighten....Manono..well that would basically get frozen and FTs battery world goes up in smoke, as global lithium exploration projects pass manono by and supply offtakes get signed elsewhere .

As for investing in anything with the name ‘Cong’ in it ; not a hope. We’ll get our cash back out of this thing, but imo forget the dream of going mining...if we get the ML; we’ll be well north the aforementioned price...money talks and mud sticks...would one really want to deal with all the shit through construction and dealing with Chinese and corrupt drc goons trying to fuck you up every step of the way....ML granted and $2.50 to $3.00 could be a reality..all depends on how FT feels 🙄

Great summary and I appreciate your thoughts on the situation Obe.

Makes me wonder if the ASX should ban any company operating in such a corrupt environment, to protect clueless Aussie shareholders.
And lets be honest, myself included, most would be clueless as to the true nature of the corruption in the DRC, and likely some other African nations.
I mean it's one thing to be aware that there is corruption there, and another to live through this experience. It's just so shocking at how blatant it is.
But that's a story for another time.

Yeah I dreamed of keeping a tidy half mil shares in this company for the next 20 years, but It's easy to get so greedy, after all if we do get out at a buck fiddy, that's still life changing for people like myself who got in low enough. And I'll still be grateful if we get that.
My ultimate dream figure I hoped for was $4.44, and I'll keep that little dream still.

I think many people just hope to get back anything at this stage, especially those idiots who went all in, such as myself :)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
A hypothetical.......call me the supreme optimist, but I thought given that most of the shorts such as don't call me hooter's, sticky & vry shifty, boteecall, toilet bowel, & co r based on the crap'r, I might ask here first what happens in the circumstances that we r forced :confused: to accept a TO offer of say 2 bucks 'without the stock coming back to market' r they f...d (the shorts) how do they buy back what they have shorted if that event unfolded, probably a bit of a naive? on my part I guess.

Who gives a flying fuck what they fucking do?

C'mon chief.....

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
$2 won't cut it and for what it's worth the shorters can go eat a bag of dicks.....

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

aon

Regular
Who gives a flying fuck what they fucking do?

C'mon chief.....
Just a bit of light hearted banter mate nothing more, we don't have to be serious 24/7, 🤗. If it offends happy to delete.
As you were, all good.
ps let's hope this gets sorted @ $2 bucks plus for the SH that dared to dream. aon

Reactions: 7 users

Charbella

Regular
:unsure::unsure::whistle:
#RDC Since its installation in 2013, the Chinese giant's COMMUS company #Zijin “has not built any schools in the villages neighboring its copper mining site”. Access to drinking water, “a real ordeal”, says a resident of Kapepa village approached by our editorial staff.

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 16 users

Dijon101

Regular
$12 farkin

None of this anchoring at $2

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

wombat74

Top 20

So where does this all leave us? We’ll imo unless FT already knew about this ICSID thing and he's been ok about it, then it's likely that things will be frosty ; but he's in a tough position considering it's most reached world stage and drc is not exactly cash rich and rely heavily on funds Despite being resource rich..but unfortunately are being raped by the Chinese. There's just so much corruption involved, relationship imo would be hitting the cheese grater , FT is probably searching for hair to pull out of his head by now ; the ICSID is a request at this stage, but can turn to proceedings pretty quickly...that happens and Worldbank and co will start to scrutinise funding even further and the funding belts likely to tightening ....Manono..well that would basically get frozen and FTs ‘battery world’ goes up in smoke, as global lithium exploration projects pass manono by and supply offtakes get signed elsewhere .

I reckon the AVZ case will be forever known, in mining investment circles when referring to the DRC. The resultant fallout in damage caused to the DRC mining industry by CKK , MoP, Lukonde etc will be far greater than they think imo; FT sweeping the decks would have shone a beacon of power and strength and likely been more favourable to his election hopes , as opposed to what his current position is portraying to the on lookers.

I’ve no doubt MoP and Lukonde won’t be consoling FT if he falls on his own sword at election time ; they’ll never thank him for standing by them when they were clearly exposed ,as horrible corrupt bastards. Those two will just slither off elsewhere and continue with the same ; CKK will probably still remain in charge of Cominiere … although I hope all three end up having to give 2 cent knuckle shuffles in back alleys ,as their new earners , as no one would touch them in any other capacity
obe san thanks for your reply .

Reactions: 8 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Speaking of anchoring:

While we wait for the miracle (to quote deboss) here's an oldie but a goodie from Don McLashan's band, the Mutton Birds

If you let it run into the next video, it's a live version played in Sydney about 7 years ago.

In my head I've replaced the line 'in the middle of your deep blue sea" with "in the middle of the DRC" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, here's the boss this morning

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18 users

j.l

Regular
Reactions: 6 users

j.l

Regular
Speaking of anchoring:

While we wait for the miracle (to quote deboss) here's an oldie but a goodie from Don McLashan's band, the Mutton Birds

If you let it run into the next video, it's a live version played in Sydney about 7 years ago.

In my head I've replaced the line 'in the middle of your deep blue sea" with "in the middle of the DRC" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought we had a ban on winking. Or am I confusing that with another ban?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Dave Evans

Regular
Speaking of anchoring:

To many deboss is a legend but if they saw the bullshit he posts daily on twitter they would change there mind. Nothing on AVZ, just all political bullshit and lewd photos of young women. He has done nothing for this company apart from posting a few photos of his trip to Manono a few years back and winks over the last couple of months

No doubt I’ll get backlash from this post, bring it on

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Top Bottom