AVZ Discussion 2022

CHB

Regular
I wish I had! This last year has been unpleasant, and my focus on AVZ has really impacted my general wellbeing. Finding myself thinking about it far too often

Have certainly learned some lessons here about investing, that I'll try to carry with me into the future. Primarily about more diversification and spreading the love so that if one fails, as some invariably will, that it won't turn my life upside down.
Yeah definitely. Many will have wished. Probably would likely to be the better choice than holding. I think even with an ML this will open significantly lower in the first few weeks as those stuck will just sell.

So new investors can probably buy at a discount to LTH and not have had to go through the 1-1.5 years of stress.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

timb89

Regular
Plenty of risk investing in DRC and this stock.

If you accept $1.50 you might as well have sold out at $1.20 or whatever it was 1-1.5 years ago and saved the stress.

Silly comment. Facts on the ground are much different to where they are now.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I thought the whole 12$ thing on here was a running joke. Is there actually people that believe this is a possibility? 42b AUD for 75% of a deposit in the DRC, with part of that ownership under dispute, with zero infrastructure or transportation, with the world watching whilst sovereign risk plays out in textbook fashion? There are producing companies that completely own numerous mines that don't approach that.

Sure this is an epic deposit, which probably wont be outshined anyime soon, with the discovered lithium likely to be worth about 50b, and probably larger when the rest is drilled, but getting 12$ for AVZ anytime soon is living in a fantasy land. I'll stick with the arbitrary 1.5$

"I thought the whole 12$ thing on here was a running joke"

The price was introduced as $10 and is now more correctly $12 (inclusive of Zijin areshole premium)

In negotiating it's a strategy called "anchoring"

1686470189282.png

https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/anchoring-negotiation#:~:text=What is anchoring in negotiation,a smooth, efficient sales process.

I know because I'm the one who started it here on the TSE thread

I anchored $10......I think it was @TDITD who jumped on board and subsequently added the Zijin premium

So yeah it's been sort of a running joke but it was thoughtfully considered and introduced so idiots on the forum didn't keep anchoring a stupid $1.50 price tag to start negotiating from where you likely end up with fiddy cents :rolleyes:

It was also aimed squarely at the aresholes out there watching from afar who want to gain control of the Manono resource as a price that might start sticking in their fucking heads

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Roon

Regular
$10 or now more correctly $12 (inclusive of Zijin areshole premium)

View attachment 38192

https://blog.hubspot.com/sales/anchoring-negotiation#:~:text=What is anchoring in negotiation,a smooth, efficient sales process.

I anchored $10......I think it was @TDITD who jumped on board and subsequently added the Zijin premium

So yeah it's been sort of a running joke but it was thoughtfully considered and introduced so idiots on the forum didn't keep anchoring a stupid $1.50 price tag to start negotiating from where you likely end up with fiddy cents :rolleyes:
Point taken and I'll accept the insult. Will however stand by it given as its a stock forum discussion and not the negotiation team on the AVZ board. Retail holders will play no part in valuations of the company, and those who say the Chinese would be guaging the resistance of the company through an assessment of its mum and dad investors are sadly misguided.

Reactions: 7 users

CHB

Regular
Silly comment. Facts on the ground are much different to where they are now.

It's been over a year. Personally I think that people should have written off their investment - at least mentally. It will have saved alot of stress. You wouldn't be so stressed about where this is heading (and what someone's source is all the time)
(However unfortunate that may be).

I wrote mine off long time ago. Now my mentality is why settle for something that's worth alot more. I invested in AVZ as it was my hope this was going to be my retirement stock. That same goal is still there. Retirement or nothing.

Did people invest to sell at $1.5? Or $3 or $12?

Yes there are definitely lessons to be learnt and I've taken that onboard with my other investments.

Reactions: 5 users

SilentOne

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Point taken and I'll accept the insult. Will however stand by it given as its a stock forum discussion and not the negotiation team on the AVZ board. Retail holders will play no part in valuations of the company, and those who say the Chinese would be guaging the resistance of the company through an assessment of its mum and dad investors are sadly misguided.
wasn't intending to insult .....it was ages ago and so many on the forum were posting such silly low prices when it was known the resource was worth much much more

We knew there were observers from the "other side" watching on the forum

It was a little bit tongue in cheek with a bit of negotiating psychology thrown in for good measure and probably a bit of a "fuck you" as well

Sure I don't think mum and dads are influencing the big picture but I think the $12 tag becoming some what of an "ear-worm" has had it's desired effect

Reactions: 12 users

Roon

Regular
wasn't intending to insult .....it was ages ago and so many on the forum were posting such silly low prices when it was known the resource was worth much much more

We knew there were observers from the "other side" watching on the forum

It was a little bit tongue in cheek with a bit of negotiating psychology thrown in for good measure and probably a bit of a "fuck you" as well

Sure I don't think mum and dads are influencing the big picture but I think the $12 tag becoming some what of an "ear-worm" has had it's desired effect
12$ it is then, and a big "get fucked" to Zijin for good measure!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

BEISHA

Top 20
I thought the whole 12$ thing on here was a running joke. Is there actually people that believe this is a possibility? 42b AUD for 75% of a deposit in the DRC, with part of that ownership under dispute, with zero infrastructure or transportation, with the world watching whilst sovereign risk plays out in textbook fashion? There are producing companies that completely own numerous mines that don't approach that.

Sure this is an epic deposit, which probably wont be outshined anyime soon, with the discovered lithium likely to be worth about 50b, and probably larger when the rest is drilled, but getting 12$ for AVZ anytime soon is living in a fantasy land. I'll stick with the arbitrary 1.5$
Yeah mate, $12 is a running joke, i always give a :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: to posters that quote that sum...

rainbow unicorn.gif

Your best bet in getting a fair TO price is from the USA, i do think @Carlos Danger has merit in what he says in regards to the MOU proposal to DRC / Zambia, they wouldnt offer that up if unless MANONO wasnt tilted their way with the " in country battery hub vision " that supposedly is shared with FT and they would want to see DRC clean up their massive corruption problem too ( Section 2 & 3 MOU ) , a vision also purportedly shared by FT , but i have my doubts given what has transpired the last 13 months or so.........ALL TALK BUT NO ACTION !!

USA is a strategic partner with Australia, they wont insult AVZ / AUS with some cheap low ball offer, they need the lithium badly going by this article....

No wonder that TESLA and FORD sought out LTR for offtake......;)

Altho there is a shining light for the USA, in 2yrs, my ASN ( Paradox project based in utah ) will be in production...:)

What i would like to know tho , what becomes of the binding mou offtakes that AVZ executed in the event of a USA TO ?

Can they be made to be redundant given the geopolitical tug of war with China ?

imo

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Yeah mate, $12 is a running joke, i always give a :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: to posters that quote that sum...

View attachment 38191

Your best bet in getting a fair TO price is from the USA, i do think @Carlos Danger has merit in what he says in regards to the MOU proposal to DRC / Zambia, they wouldnt offer that up if unless MANONO wasnt tilted their way with the " in country battery hub vision " that supposedly is shared with FT and they would want to see DRC clean up their massive corruption problem too ( Section 2 & 3 MOU ) , a vision also purportedly shared by FT , but i have my doubts given what has transpired the last 13 months or so.........ALL TALK BUT NO ACTION !!

USA is a strategic partner with Australia, they wont insult AVZ / AUS with some cheap low ball offer, they need the lithium badly going by this article....

No wonder that TESLA and FORD sought out LTR for offtake......;)

Altho there is a shining light for the USA, in 2yrs, my ASN ( Paradox project based in utah ) will be in production...:)

What i would like to know tho , what becomes of the binding mou offtakes that AVZ executed in the event of a USA TO ?

Can they be made to be redundant given the geopolitical tug of war with China ?

imo
C'mon Beish....you know about the anchoring!! :cool::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

TDITD

Top 20
China made massive investments worldwide in lithium mining.
I don't think they want to see those investments go down the gurgler, they rather block Manono with an investment of $33.4 million and a couple of brown bags.
The fact the DRC + Felix don't get this, shows their intellect.
What intellect ?
Combined that Government would be scratching around for 2 braincells
Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

RHyNO

Regular
I wish I had! This last year has been unpleasant, and my focus on AVZ has really impacted my general wellbeing. Finding myself thinking about it far too often

Have certainly learned some lessons here about investing, that I'll try to carry with me into the future. Primarily about more diversification and spreading the love so that if one fails, as some invariably will, that it won't turn my life upside down as this one has.
Sounds like you and I are in a similar boat mate. You’re not the only one. All signs led me to believe they were not going to end up being so useless.

Reactions: 6 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Can you back up your answer with examples of lithium supply where US can get their hands on which is not already controlled by the Chinese in Canada?

China is on the nose with Canada.......;)

Plenty of lithium projects on the go in Canada.......including CRR which i have a large holding.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
If you were a corrupt/criminal POS organisation and you saw a $10 anchor ie ~$30B USD, if anything you’d probably say “yeh fuck that shit, all in on the paper bags and disinfo boys, we’re stealing the thing”

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

TDITD

Top 20
"I thought the whole 12$ thing on here was a running joke"

The price was introduced as $10 and is now more correctly $12 (inclusive of Zijin areshole premium)

View attachment 38192

It was also aimed squarely at the aresholes out there watching from afar who want to gain control of the Manono resource as a price that might start sticking in their fucking heads
ZIJIN premium for being A grade cunce!!

$12

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

BEISHA

Top 20
ZIJIN premium for being A grade cunce!!

$12
Hey tits...........great work on the twitter mate, continue to shine the light on those corrupt arseholes !!!

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

BRICK

Regular
yellow-haul-truck-cold-temp-screen-xl.jpg

NEWSECONOMYINTERNATIONAL

DRC excluded from the list of investments of the French group ERAMET, following the blocking of the PE of lithium of Manono by the government​

June 11, 2023
Kiki Kienge

By Kiki Kienge
It was last March that the DR Congo and the EU announced an agreement on rare minerals such as copper, cobalt and lithium, the two parties initiated negotiations for a partnership on the exploitation of rare minerals and strategic, for the next few months a "win-win" memorandum of understanding and a roadmap are announced on this cooperation and investment agreement in a mining sector in the DRC, so the EU intends to fight the Chinese monopoly in the DRC , reduce its dependence on China and accelerate its ecological transition.
The EU is focusing above all on the development of a value chain in the DR Congo and the creation of a market for the battery, electric vehicle and renewable energy industry, as pointed out by Mrs. Jutta Urpilainen, European Commissioner for International Partnerships :
“We want to create value in the DRC, local added value. Not just exporting your raw materials to Finland, Europe and then refining them in Europe. We do n't want to create dependency, nor do we want neocolonialism. We really want to create local value and we want to create a win-win partnership. »

During the visit of President Emmanuel Macron to Kinshasa, the two countries notably concluded an agreement for the mapping and sustainable management of the mining resources which abound in the Congolese subsoil, French companies and institutes will be invited to map and invest in the mining sector of the DR Congo according to this partnership.
But here is following the blocking of the delivery of the exploitation permit 13359 by the Congolese government to DATHCOM, of which the group AVZ MINERALS owns 75%, which must allow the start of the exploitation of the lithium of Manono, the French group, ERAMET has just excluded the DR Congo from its investment strategy in Africa for the time being.
Geoff Streeton , director of strategy for the company, and Christophe Thillier , in charge of exploration, have also drawn a line under the DRC for the moment, despite having identified its lithium potential.
The difficulties encountered by the Australian AVZ MINERALS on its Manono project in Tanganyka in the south-east of the country gave pause to the French company which has chosen to concentrate its investments in this sector on its Centenario-Ratones project in Argentina," said the media, Africa Intelligence.

ERAMET is a French mining and metallurgical company with a workforce of 9,090 employees spread over 17 mining and industrial sites in 15 countries. In 2022, it achieved a turnover of 5.014 billion euros.
On November 8, 2021, ERAMET announced the launch of its lithium mine project in the Andean highlands of northern Argentina. The construction of a plant will start in early 2022 and end in 2024 with the aim of producing 24,000 tonnes of lithium carbonate per year. Much of its lithium production will supply the European battery construction sector.
Thanks France.
Cards in the mail ❤️

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

tonster66

Regular
MoM - more corruption! Time for her to go! Breach's of the law again

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

tonster66

Regular
Former head of the Israeli spy agency Mossad, Yossi Cohen had used Belarusian dealers Oleg Vodchits and Alexander Zingman to smuggle weapons into the Democratic Republic of Congo with the aim of overthrowing Felix Tshisekedi on behalf of Dan Gertler.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

tonster66

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom