AVZ Discussion 2022

While the US wants to win the African geo-politics game, it's attention is elsewhere at the moment. There are also numerous lithium options in Canada where the sovereign risk is minimal.

I see no verifiable evidence of a US commitment to anything significant in the DRC.
The US was late to the party vis-a-vis critical mineral security and influence over African nations. But to think that they have not since rolled up their sleeves and gotten to work is an incorrect read on geo-political events.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Absolutely not! US wants to win on green energy transition, we are talking about 25% world reserve of lithium in Manono. This is the same reason why we are in this predicament.
China made massive investments worldwide in lithium mining.
I don't think they want to see those investments go down the gurgler, they rather block Manono with an investment of $33.4 million and a couple of brown bags.
The fact the DRC + Felix don't get this, shows their intellect.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Charbella

Regular
Sorry, not doing your research for you, but perhaps commence with North American Lithium, Whabouchi, Tanco Mine, La Corne and Arcadia for starters. And PMT, which rivals Manono will be producing well before a single shovel is turned at Manono.
End of this conversation.
The initial drilling program has confirmed the immense size and potential of the Manono Lithium project.

Based on detailed prospect scale mapping, trenching and drill results, and given the size and mineralised nature of the pegmatites at Manono, AVZ generated an exploration target of between 1Bt to 1.2Bt of 1.25% to 1.5% Li2O for the entire Manono Project, including between 300 and 400Mt of 1.25% to 1.5% Li2O for the Roche Dure Pegmatite alone.

We have the prettiest girl in the room. End of this conversation!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Charbella

Regular
China made massive investments worldwide in lithium mining.
I don't think they want to see those investments go down the gurgler, they rather block Manono with an investment of $33.4 million and aa couple of brown bags.
The fact the DRC +. Felix don't get this shows their intellect.
This point I do agree, and is 100% what Zijin is trying to do.

Reactions: 5 users

Does DRC want the bullshit arbitration cases filed by Zijin and Cominiere over the last year+ which have held up the development of Manono cancelled too? The preposterous >$1B damages claim by corrupt entities who have broken DRC laws, and whose illegal actions have been exposed by IGF?

FFS

• Love

ptlas

Regular
I was being flippant. I thought that was implied in the tone. I’ve read the MOU. And I think you’re right Re the choice about the west vs China. What a fucking lame way for us all to lose money. Because a corrupt asshole threw his people under the bus. I wonder if Cath might weigh in in our support.
CATH have done fuck all apart from sign a few MOUs

CATH are the fallback position.
They will do what CCP tells them to.

To believe anything else is extremely naive.

Straws, clutching.

Fatty now has a stark choice.

Either

Jump into bed with Zingy and continue getting raped. Seems to like it.
He may well choose to do that, but will want to get re-elected first.

If that is the case, then I'm really lost working out how people can quote figures of arund $1.50 for our shares.
Based on what? Slight premium to our previous high? WHY?
Double the suspension price? WHY?
If they can fuck us over for $1.50, then can fuck us over for 10c, so forget about discussing figures plucked from thin air.

OR

Pay us what it's worth (I've already given a financial justification for $12).
(Alternatively, give AVZ the ML and stop fuckwits making mischief around construction costs and timeline.
If they do, we can sell to Elon or whoever.)

Remember that China has many irons worldwide in the lithium fire.
DRC has only one.

But make no mistake, the application to ICSID means decision time for Fatty.
Stand against Chinois and have normal relations with the West or sell your country down the river again.
I for one, am not prepared to take a token sum to get that toad out of his hole.

This now gives the previously powerless AVZ some leverage.
Sit and wait.

Tick tock
The whole world is watching.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Roon

Regular
CATH have done fuck all apart from sign a few MOUs

CATH are the fallback position.
They will do what CCP tells them to.

To believe anything else is extremely naive.

Straws, clutching.

Fatty now has a stark choice.

Either

Jump into bed with Zingy and continue getting raped. Seems to like it.
He may well choose to do that, but will want to get re-elected first.

If that is the case, then I'm really lost working out how people can quote figures of arund $1.50 for our shares.
Based on what? Slight premium to our previous high? WHY?
Double the suspension price? WHY?
If they can fuck us over for $1.50, then can fuck us over for 10c, so forget about discussing figures plucked from thin air.

OR

Pay us what it's worth (I've already given a financial justification for $12).
(Alternatively, give AVZ the ML and stop fuckwits making mischief around construction costs and timeline.
If they do, we can sell to Elon or whoever.)

Remember that China has many irons worldwide in the lithium fire.
DRC has only one.

But make no mistake, the application to ICSID means decision time for Fatty.
Stand against Chinois and have normal relations with the West or sell your country down the river again.
I for one, am not prepared to take a token sum to get that toad out of his hole.

This now gives the preciously powerless AVZ some leverage.
Sit and wait.

Tick tock
The whole world is watching.
I thought the whole 12$ thing on here was a running joke. Is there actually people that believe this is a possibility? 42b AUD for 75% of a deposit in the DRC, with part of that ownership under dispute, with zero infrastructure or transportation, with the world watching whilst sovereign risk plays out in textbook fashion? There are producing companies that completely own numerous mines that don't approach that.

Sure this is an epic deposit, which probably wont be outshined anyime soon, with the discovered lithium likely to be worth about 50b, and probably larger when the rest is drilled, but getting 12$ for AVZ anytime soon is living in a fantasy land. I'll stick with the arbitrary 1.5$

• Haha
  • Fire

ptlas

Regular
I thought the whole 12$ thing on here was a running joke. Is there actually people that believe this is a possibility? 42b AUD for 75% of a deposit in the DRC, with part of that ownership under dispute, with zero infrastructure or transportation, with the world watching whilst sovereign risk plays out in textbook fashion? There are producing companies that completely own numerous mines that don't approach that.

Sure the discovered lithium is likely to be worth about 50b, and larger when the rest is drilled, but getting 12$ for AVZ is living on a fantasy land
So you wanna talk $1.50 and then take a lowball offer???

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Roon

Regular
Each to their own I guess. Perhaps I'm just not feeling as comfortable as to our current circumstances as you are, or wish to set myself even semi realistic expectations. Frankly id be dancing on the roof if we got that, rather than potentially losing all. I do however think upon reflection that it was probably the right step, ICSID that is, to push us towards a boiling point in which we cant be ignored, and some kind of resolution occurs one way or the other.

Reactions: 13 users
Anyone who says they wouldn't take $1.50, right now, is a liar.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users

wombat74

Top 20
Mate if $1.50 got us out of this mess right now I'm sure most would jump at it . As long as Nigel gives share holders the opportunity of course .

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

ptlas

Regular
I'm sure most would.

Not me

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Newcomer

Emerged
Reactions: 1 users

ptlas

Regular
Each to their own I guess. Perhaps I'm just not feeling as comfortable as to our current circumstances as you are, or wish to set myself even semi realistic expectations. Frankly id be dancing on the roof if we got that, rather than potentially losing all. I do however think upon reflection that it was probably the right step, ICSID that is, to push us towards a boiling point in which we cant be ignored, and some kind of resolution occurs one way or the other.
That was esssentially my point mate.

But not $1.50

Reactions: 4 users

Roger2018

Regular
I’d be over the moon if we got $1.50 a share!

Reactions: 6 users

CHB

Regular
Plenty of risk investing in DRC and this stock.

If you accept $1.50 you might as well have sold out at $1.20 or whatever it was 1-1.5 years ago and saved the stress.

Reactions: 12 users

Roon

Regular

If you accept $1.50 you might as well have sold out at $1.20 or whatever it was 1-1.5 years ago and saved the stress.
I wish I had! This last year has been unpleasant, and my focus on AVZ has really impacted my general wellbeing. Finding myself thinking about it far too often

Have certainly learned some lessons here about investing, that I'll try to carry with me into the future. Primarily about more diversification and spreading the love so that if one fails, as some invariably will, that it won't turn my life upside down as this one has.

• Love
Reactions: 30 users

cruiser51

Top 20
yellow-haul-truck-cold-temp-screen-xl.jpg

NEWSECONOMYINTERNATIONAL

DRC excluded from the list of investments of the French group ERAMET, following the blocking of the PE of lithium of Manono by the government​

June 11, 2023
Kiki Kienge

By Kiki Kienge
It was last March that the DR Congo and the EU announced an agreement on rare minerals such as copper, cobalt and lithium, the two parties initiated negotiations for a partnership on the exploitation of rare minerals and strategic, for the next few months a "win-win" memorandum of understanding and a roadmap are announced on this cooperation and investment agreement in a mining sector in the DRC, so the EU intends to fight the Chinese monopoly in the DRC , reduce its dependence on China and accelerate its ecological transition.
The EU is focusing above all on the development of a value chain in the DR Congo and the creation of a market for the battery, electric vehicle and renewable energy industry, as pointed out by Mrs. Jutta Urpilainen, European Commissioner for International Partnerships :
“We want to create value in the DRC, local added value. Not just exporting your raw materials to Finland, Europe and then refining them in Europe. We do n't want to create dependency, nor do we want neocolonialism. We really want to create local value and we want to create a win-win partnership. »

During the visit of President Emmanuel Macron to Kinshasa, the two countries notably concluded an agreement for the mapping and sustainable management of the mining resources which abound in the Congolese subsoil, French companies and institutes will be invited to map and invest in the mining sector of the DR Congo according to this partnership.
But here is following the blocking of the delivery of the exploitation permit 13359 by the Congolese government to DATHCOM, of which the group AVZ MINERALS owns 75%, which must allow the start of the exploitation of the lithium of Manono, the French group, ERAMET has just excluded the DR Congo from its investment strategy in Africa for the time being.
Geoff Streeton , director of strategy for the company, and Christophe Thillier , in charge of exploration, have also drawn a line under the DRC for the moment, despite having identified its lithium potential.
The difficulties encountered by the Australian AVZ MINERALS on its Manono project in Tanganyka in the south-east of the country gave pause to the French company which has chosen to concentrate its investments in this sector on its Centenario-Ratones project in Argentina," said the media, Africa Intelligence.

ERAMET is a French mining and metallurgical company with a workforce of 9,090 employees spread over 17 mining and industrial sites in 15 countries. In 2022, it achieved a turnover of 5.014 billion euros.
On November 8, 2021, ERAMET announced the launch of its lithium mine project in the Andean highlands of northern Argentina. The construction of a plant will start in early 2022 and end in 2024 with the aim of producing 24,000 tonnes of lithium carbonate per year. Much of its lithium production will supply the European battery construction sector.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 43 users

Roger2018

Regular

Hindsight is awesome! I don’t think there would be many who would not have sold if they knew what shit show was coming!

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Roger2018

Regular
I wish I had! This last year has been unpleasant, and my focus on AVZ has really impacted my general wellbeing. Finding myself thinking about it far too often

Have certainly learned some lessons here about investing, that I'll try to carry with me into the future. Primarily about more diversification and spreading the love so that if one fails, as some invariably will, that it won't turn my life upside down as this one has.
Lessons all round!
1. Don’t invest in DRC they are corrupt fuckwits!
Everyone takes there brown paper bags why 60 odd million of them live off $2 a day! Fukn joke scummy greedy pricks

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom