AVZ Discussion 2022

Hudnut

Regular
AVZ are not going to mine, this in my opinion is thier last ditch effort to secure a mining licence though negotiated means prior to TO.

The two outcomes for AVZ IMO are TO without mining licence or TO with mining licence.

Rumour has it there is currently an offer on the table as the project stands, without the mining licence circa $1.50.

If we can force the Governments hand into issuing us a ML, then that price in my opinion increases to around $3.50.

Even if we don't get the ML, the price has just gone up. The DRC can influence the buyer to pay the $2.50 so the arbitration case can be dropped.

Make no mistake about it, the board are doing everything they can to maximise shareholder value and they have my full support.

In a perfect world DRC would have issued the mining licence as we all thought they would have. But most of us underestimated the corruption and the squeeze the Chinese have over the DRC. There were a few posters who rightfully recognised this risk.

The non issuance on the mining licence was and is a result of the Chinese exerting pressure through nefarious means. The Chinese have long held the belief that if we don't get the mining licence then they can just take our project for little or nothing. They've had plenty of opportunities to pay fair price for the project but that's just not how they do business. Unfortunately for them this arrogance has not served them well.

The Chinese have underestimated Nigel and our BOD and they have also underestimated the DRC.

As much as shareholders feel animosity towards DRC Government officials I believe they want to do the right thing and break away from Chinese influence, but as we know it's not easy and the Chinese will not give up without a fight. They have deep pockets and will use any means necessary to maintain influence. They are an unrivaled force in the DRC and breaking away from their stranglehold will take time, but there have been encouraging signs.

This ICSID arbitration process allows the DRC Government an opportunity to rule against Chinese wishes with limited backlash as this forum carries the weight required to go against the Chinese. I'm sure It's the decision they would have liked to have made in the first instance, a decision that would have been hard to make with the Chinese standing over you holding a gun to your head.

All my opinion (apart from the rumours)

I also don't believe we are going to mine, for different reasons.

If you have to go to these lengths and international courts etc to get an piece of paper for approval to mine, how are you going to get the co-operation needed to actually construct and build a mine. It will be impossible to do without resorting to greasing palms as is the modus operandi for getting anything done in the DRC.

I also don't believe the DRC Government officials are at all altruistic and wanting to do the right thing. All available evidence is to the contrary:
- Dodgy election of Felix
- Gold watches galore
- Mupande still there
- "Show me the evidence and I'll go something", despite evidence being provided in spades
- Ongoing fuckshittery with the Chinese all over the place in the country

There is NO incentive for those in benefitting from the corruption gravy train to want it to stop, and they have the means to stay on it as long as they want. They also have the ability and evidence to rule against Chine with IGF reports etc anytime they want to. It isn't as though China is following through with any promises re: belt and road anyway.

I reckon this is a case of:
- Felix just paying lip service.
- DRC officials are refusing to meet with us, fobbing us off after meeting with us, or not actioning anything after meeting with us
- DRC time taking an age, whatever happens.

Regardless of ICC outcomes, we are still reliant on DRC courts for enforcement.

I don't know what actions has resulted in C and Z taking court action for damages, but I reckon we've had enough of the runaround and wmpty words and are covering bases.
At this point we've decided to use the ICSID for:
- ensuring we have a court that can enforce the decision
- letting DRC know to hurry up, and not expect to be able to continue to fob us off. Start dealing with this mess.
- ensuring we retain company value.

Once we've retained company value in whatever form that deal takes (cash, equity, ML, compensation etc), I reckon the BOD will be more interested in a method of cashing out rather than trying to get a mine running in this shitshow.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

9cardomaha

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20
Twitter is going off! The DRC wanted international attention for Mining Week, seems AVZ & the ICSID case will help with that goal - nice👍

1686363938995.png

1686364027184.png

1686364325524.png

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Frank

Top 20

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Frank

Top 20

• Fire

Frank

Top 20

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Roon

Regular
It's probably also worth mentioning that if the process for the ICSID registration was begun some months ago, then the DRC has been aware of this for some months. Under ICSID rules the other party is informed as soon as a request for arbitration is filed. So theyve known for a while that this is coming. Has that changed anything? Maybe, we don't know why Zijin appears to have left the building. Or at least the RCCD. That could be some pressure being applied for an outcome, though the government could fix this simply with issuance of a licence and avoid the ICSID case, so that seems perhaps unlikely. What it doesn't appear to have done is push us all together towards the negotiating table. Yet. As far as we're aware anyway

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
DominicFurfaro must be so grateful to AVZ - gives him something to do for a few hours every day.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Frank

Top 20

1686365157082.png

1686365206731.png

1686365057623.png

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users

Frank

Top 20

DominicFurfaro must be so grateful to AVZ - gives him something to do for a few hours every day.

• Fire
  • Love

Dazmac66

Regular
Did we not pay this Marius M $1m to advocate on our behalf in the DRC? What has he done other than object to the ramblings of an Australian journalist. Now would be a good time for him to stand up and respectfully call out the president (his mate) to make a statement one way or the other. The President needs to explain why corrupt officials are still in office and why evidence of corruption has not been acted upon. Ask these questions on national TV and radio(the main form of communication in the backblocks) and at the Mining Week sham.
He could also ask respectfully where he got his fucking watch? We no longer have to tip-toe around trying not to offend anyone. The time to expose this travesty has arrived. Win or lose!

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

cruiser51

Top 20

The lady on Blinken's side of the table, on the left bottom of the picture, looks at the end of the pleasantries with a face expression of 'Can somebody please explain what this was all about, what does this bloke really want? Does he really want a jolly on Airforce one?'.

At least Xi sent Felix to the CCP Revolution Museum for some tuning.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Did we not pay this Marius M $1m to advocate on our behalf in the DRC? What has he done other than object to the ramblings of an Australian journalist. Now would be a good time for him to stand up and respectfully call out the president (his mate) to make a statement one way or the other. The President needs to explain why corrupt officials are still in office and why evidence of corruption has not been acted upon. Ask these questions on national TV and radio(the main form of communication in the backblocks) and at the Mining Week sham.
He could also ask respectfully where he got his fucking watch? We no longer have to tip-toe around trying not to offend anyone. The time to expose this travesty has arrived. Win or lose!
He put $1m worth of work in.
He didn't get paid to be successful.

It is like when you bring your car for a service to the garage for a fixed price service and expect them to replace the broken gearbox.

So don't expect Marius to put his balls under the guillotine for the price of a flat white without sugar.
This is the DRC ffs.

• Haha

cruiser51

Top 20

At about 4.30 they talk about discussions with the EU about strategic minerals and continue on with talking about batteries.

I would like to say to Felix the way he is progressing at this moment, he is pissing into the wind.
It might feel great but it is pretty messy.

The EU did without the DRC and if required will continue to do so.

Reactions: 6 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
It's probably also worth mentioning that if the process for the ICSID registration was begun some months ago, then the DRC has been aware of this for some months. Under ICSID rules the other party is informed as soon as a request for arbitration is filed. So theyve known for a while that this is coming. Has that changed anything? Maybe, we don't know why Zijin appears to have left the building. Or at least the RCCD. That could be some pressure being applied for an outcome, though the government could fix this simply with issuance of a licence and avoid the ICSID case, so that seems perhaps unlikely. What it doesn't appear to have done is push us all together towards the negotiating table. Yet. As far as we're aware anyway

So was the outburst from Celistin saying AVZ was "out", together with the (alleged) removal of Dathcom of 13359 by CAMI around the same time, triggered by the lodgement of this ICSID case, or was the ICSID case triggered by those 2 events?

My assumption on stuff like that is there is always some grain of truth to be extracted. A smoking gun to prove the above as factual has yet to be revealed, i.e. a Ministerial decree has not surfaced, so I don't give any of the above too much credibility, but even in DRC, such events do not appear out of thin air.

@muks My other query for today is: is the $1.50 $3.50 poser USD or AUD?

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Okay folks

I have recovered whatever level of decorum I had prior to my frustration fuelled outburts and posts around midnight last night (Australian Central Standard Time)

As I said I deleted a bunch of those angry, frustrated posts this morning

I was calmly reading through all the other posts today with my sober-sanity hat on......photo attached

1686369498052.jpeg

Now stay with me folks........

Anyhoo

While I was reading through all the posts I couldn't help but notice this one from @Frank which quoted a Tweet from franz muller....please read below carefully and check the posting time

1686369939771.jpeg

Now despite the fact that I had deleted my posts it just so happened @cruiser51 had responded to one at 12:59am (prior to me deleting them around 5:30am this morning) and my partial post is still visible in his response

So have a read of this......(I have highlighted for your convenience)

1686370351790.jpeg

Now what the fuck is up with that? :unsure:

Anyone know cheeky Franz?

Just wondering

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Plagiarism :eek::eek::eek:

Take him to the fucking ICSID wino:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

CHB

Regular
Okay folks

I have recovered whatever level of decorum I had prior to my frustration fuelled outburts and posts around midnight last night (Australian Central Standard Time)

As I said I deleted a bunch of those angry, frustrated posts this morning

I was calmly reading through all the other posts today with my sober-sanity hat on......photo attached

View attachment 38125

Now stay with me folks........

Anyhoo

While I was reading through all the posts I couldn't help but notice this one from @Frank which quoted a Tweet from franz muller....please read below carefully and check the posting time

View attachment 38126

Now despite the fact that I had deleted my posts it just so happened @cruiser51 had responded to one at 12:59am (prior to me deleting them around 5:30am this morning) and my partial post is still visible in his response

So have a read of this......(I have highlighted for your convenience)

View attachment 38127

Now what the fuck is up with that? :unsure:

Anyone know cheeky Franz?

Just wondering

you're like confuscious... everyone wants to copy your sayings.

beard GIF

• Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!
If I realised I had the power to be an influencer I would have got on the piss and started ranting fucking ages ago!! :ROFLMAO::cool:

• Haha
  • Love

ptlas

Regular
The only negotiating that I wanna see is the TO price.
And not some shitty 1 or 2 or 5 bucks

These developments are a real problem for FT and DRC if AVZ holds its nerve.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom