AVZ Discussion 2022

Charbella

Regular
So this (23/11/21) document doesn't show Zijin in Dathcom.

So is there a verson of this document that did include Zijin?
That would show that they were indeed removed.

Frank did mention in the past that Zijin were not on the Dathcom register.
Have they ever been?

Rhetorical at this point, I doubt anyone here knows.
This version has Jin Cheng listed as shareholder.
  • JIN CHENG MINING COMPANY LIMITED représenté par HUANG XIAOHONG, né(e) le 19/07/1983 à GUANGDONG, CN, nationalité: Chine

Reactions: 14 users

timb89

Regular

Bin59

Regular
Can we assume that our project will be reviewed by the IGF over the next couple of months as Manono / SEZ is part of the Tanganyika province.

DRC: the IGF deploys 8 inspectors in the field to take stock of the work of 145 territories​

web capture 7 6 2023 175152 actu30.cd
web capture 7 6 2023 175152 actu30.cd

A team from the General Inspectorate of Finance (IGF), has just been deployed on the ground to take stock of the work of the 145 Territories Development Program initiated by the President of the Republic, Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi. It was the Inspector General of Finance, Head of the Public Procurement Brigade, Muzeze Nzozimbu, who carried out this deployment.

During two months of their mission, this team will follow the progress of work with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as well as contract holders related to the Local Development Program of 145 territories.

The objective is to evaluate the financial, technical and physical execution of the works, in order to ultimately draw up a detailed report.

9 provinces so far were selected to house the work of the Local Development Program of 145 territories
. These include the provinces of Bas-Uele, Kasaï, Maniema, Mongala, Sankuru, South Kivu, Tanganyika, Tshuapa and Tshopo.

Among the mandated are Masalu Ngemba, Pengele Linzenze, Ilangi Ndeke, Munda Losolo, Kahambera Lwaboshi and Mukalenge Balela.

Célestin Botoleande

Reactions: 13 users

Bin59

Regular
  • JIN CHENG MINING COMPANY LIMITED représenté par HUANG XIAOHONG, né(e) le 19/07/1983 à GUANGDONG, CN, nationalité: Chine
Also in the new version, Graeme’s name is spelt incorrectly:

Old:
1686180218207.jpeg

New:
1686180237753.jpeg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

wombat74

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Charbella

Regular
Reactions: 5 users

CHB

Regular
This is a cause of concern for me. Where is @9cardomaha getting this document from?
Why concerned?

This is the internet. Stop asking where it comes from. It is what it is, believe it or not is up to the individual. We've seen plenty of false dawns in AVZ and plenty of rumours and theories.

Best to take everything with a grain of salt.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Flight996

Regular
And that makes sense because Jin Cheng Mining, rather than Zijin Mining (illegally) purchased 15% of Dathcom from Cominiere in Sept 2021.

Although Jin Cheng is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zijin Mining, Jin Cheng is the listed partner in Dathcom, and the reason why AVZ is seeking to have Zijin's ICC case dismissed on jurisdictional grounds. And it is Jin Chen that is claiming $US 850 million damages from AVZ for whatever. That's my understanding.

Cheers
F

Reactions: 10 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
I thought the jurisdictional grounds pertained to Jin Chen not being a party to the JV and as such, couldn't bring forward an ICC challenge? Really doesn't matter just out of curiosity - Silence is deafening currently

Reactions: 4 users

The Fox

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

9cardomaha

Regular
The old version posted by @9cardomaha has Mr Johnston’s DOB as 12/05/1962.
the DOBs for the two DRC fellas at the end are the same too. not sure if its a clerical error at the RCCM or what, but its what i was given so there it is. If rumours of Zijin being out were formulated from this document then at least there was some evidence to back it up. But i got similar confirmations on Zijin being out of Dathcom through some deal (not sure what the deal is) - so its not as simple as the bird made it out to be.

I don't believe Zijin were forced/kicked out, but there was a deal for this 15%.

This is a cause of concern for me. Where is @9cardomaha getting this document from?
Same source that has provided me with other documentation including previous AVZ and Cominiere/Dathomir correspondence, old RCCM documents and more. Previous calls have mostly panned out as stated but it is the DRC so who fucking knows.

Not a stickler for details in the DRC maybe, but yeah, for all things AVZ i am also eating my fair share of salt. My aim is not to sway you to believe one thing or another, just to provide what I have.

Eitherway the document doesn't do anything in our hands, those with greater knowledge and decision making power could use it or try and verify it then give us an Ann. Who knows. Better than nothing, and in my book, i'm still sticking by my call that they are out, returning the 15% for a deal with the DRC on something else.

Further to this, the return of 15% also indicates that Cominiere doesn't have the power to terminate JVA nor does it have power to reallocate Manono to itself or other parties, and ultimately Dathcom still holds PR13359. Otherwise the return of 15% in Dathcom by Zijin doesn't have any weight in bargaining for other deals.

Take it or leave it, I will return to caveating my messages with this - forgot this time because i got swept up in the hype so apologies.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 71 users

9cardomaha

Regular
I thought the jurisdictional grounds pertained to Jin Chen not being a party to the JV and as such, couldn't bring forward an ICC challenge? Really doesn't matter just out of curiosity - Silence is deafening currently
The argument is that the RCCM was updated under invalid grounds. The only way a new party can be included into Dathcom and registered through RCCM is by holding a Dathcom AGM.

AVZ wasn't invited, Cominiere and Dathomir got a proxy or something and passed the resolution on Zijin (Jincheng). Prior to this AVZ was already communicating with Cominiere about RFOR and how they can't sell to Zijin - we also provided our superior offer.

That is where AVZ's jurisdictional challenge comes into it. I'm sure ZJ are using the RCCM document from 2021 as evidence to prove they are a member, but that's only the outcome - the process is more important, similar to what is going on right now with the potential 'return of 15% by Zijin'.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 42 users

wombat74

Top 20
the DOBs for the two DRC fellas at the end are the same too. not sure if its a clerical error at the RCCM or what, but its what i was given so there it is. If rumours of Zijin being out were formulated from this document then at least there was some evidence to back it up. But i got similar confirmations on Zijin being out of Dathcom through some deal (not sure what the deal is) - so its not as simple as the bird made it out to be.

I don't believe Zijin were forced/kicked out, but there was a deal for this 15%.

Same source that has provided me with other documentation including previous AVZ and Cominiere/Dathomir correspondence, old RCCM documents and more. Previous calls have mostly panned out as stated but it is the DRC so who fucking knows.

Not a stickler for details in the DRC maybe, but yeah, for all things AVZ i am also eating my fair share of salt. My aim is not to sway you to believe one thing or another, just to provide what I have.

Eitherway the document doesn't do anything in our hands, those with greater knowledge and decision making power could use it or try and verify it then give us an Ann. Who knows. Better than nothing, and in my book, i'm still sticking by my call that they are out, returning the 15% for a deal with the DRC on something else.

Further to this, the return of 15% also indicates that Cominiere doesn't have the power to terminate JVA nor does it have power to reallocate Manono to itself or other parties, and ultimately Dathcom still holds PR13359. Otherwise the return of 15% in Dathcom by Zijin doesn't have any weight in bargaining for other deals.

Take it or leave it, I will return to caveating my messages with this - forgot this time because i got swept up in the hype so apologies.
If they are out wouldn't they have informed the ICC to cancel the hearing set for July 3rd ?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
And just for the record, in case it was overlooked, the old RCCM doc has the old jailbird Athanase as rep for C, the new one has that silly prick Celestin.

I presume this is a requested 'extract' from the database, validated by some official at RCCM. Clearly, accuracy is not their first language:rolleyes:

Reactions: 19 users

Flight996

Regular
I'm sure ZJ are using the RCCM document from 2021 as evidence to prove they are a member, but that's only the outcome - the process is more important, similar to what is going on right now with the potential 'return of 15% by Zijin'.

Absolutely spot on.
Processes need to be both transparent and legal. Unfortunately, there are so many deals in this two-year clusterfuck that are neither transparent nor legal.

A negotiated settlement ahead of ICC arbitrations has always been my bet, and recent events have not changed my view.

Cheers
F

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users

9cardomaha

Regular
If they are out wouldn't they have informed the ICC to cancel the hearing set for July 3rd ?
This is a point of contention at the moment - its only presumed that they'd have to drop the case. But legal issues are relative in time. Given the bullshit that Zijin are able to come up with, does logic really seem to be the best way to analyze the current situation?

Parties can launch or continue fighting legal claims well into the future. Claiming that 'WHILE WE WERE JV MEMBERS' blah blah blah. The case doesn't instantly get dropped - what i am assuming is that DLA might use the current situation to boost claims of corruption, and try and get the case dismissed.

No where in my mind are Zijin going to just go 'well herp we fucked up, we are sorry, let us withdraw our bullshit claims'. To believe this would be the course of events is, STRICTLY IN MY OPINION, fucking niave.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

wombat74

Top 20
Fair point . Something shifty is going on one way or another .

Reactions: 7 users

Flight996

Regular
The argument is that the RCCM was updated under invalid grounds. The only way a new party can be included into Dathcom and registered through RCCM is by holding a Dathcom AGM.

AVZ wasn't invited, Cominiere and Dathomir got a proxy or something and passed the resolution on Zijin (Jincheng). Prior to this AVZ was already communicating with Cominiere about RFOR and how they can't sell to Zijin - we also provided our superior offer.

That is where AVZ's jurisdictional challenge comes into it. I'm sure ZJ are using the RCCM document from 2021 as evidence to prove they are a member, but that's only the outcome - the process is more important, similar to what is going on right now with the potential 'return of 15% by Zijin'.
Hi 9cardomaha

Re: The only way a new party can be included into Dathcom and registered through RCCM is by holding a Dathcom AGM.

I am wondering if the removal of a partner, by whatever means, also requires a Dathcom meeting in order to formalise and ratify the new structure.

It's not unreasonable to assume that Dathcom held an out-of-sessions meeting to formalise Jin Cheng's exit, and get the new partnership registered through RCCM.

Cheers
F

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

cruiser51

Top 20
The shitty:poop: affair has been going on from the moment Zijin was shown AVZ's DFS and drilling results. :oops::poop:

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Flight996

Regular

Mate, there's ALWAYS something shifty going on. It's the D fucking R fucking C after all.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom