AVZ Discussion 2022

Winenut

Go AVZ!
It looks like scrambled eggs, in fact, my head is scrambled eggs, I will leave it up to Nige to " spreche die English " tomorrow.

Good luck all for a positive result.

Going to watch Master chef.................lol
Mate....if you need any decent food and booze to get through a show like the "AVZ, Dathcom, DRC, Zijin sinbin fiasco" I'm your goto investor :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

CHB

Regular
Looks like the heat is continually being cranked up.

If nige navigates through this and we get the mine up and going with no lasting controversies then he might actually deserve this year's perfomance rights for once :p

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Hemicuda

Regular
You know fortunately i'm adhering to a pretty strict red wine regimen to keep my mind you know limber

• Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Translation of relevant bits of the attachments you put up Sammy according to Google Translate. (Was stamped as received on 5-6 May 2022)

".... Excellency Madame la Mestre At.. Time Antlab... The Congolese Association for Access to justice, ACAJ in acronym, learned with great astonishment that PE) partial was delivered to DATHCOM SA despite the challenge formulated by the COMINIERE SA, a Congolese State company, against the elements of the feasibility study of the Exploration Permit (PR) 13359 relating to the Manono lithium mines, scope by the company AVZ, and this according to its memorandum addressed to the Chief Director of Service des Mines, a copy of which has been reserved for you on April 06, 2022.

ACAJ deplores the fact that those responsible of the Directorate of Mines and those of the Mining Cadastre, who analyzed the said study, have not better defended the interests of the Congolese State (COMINIERE SA)! In view of the foregoing, the ACAJ strongly recommends (1) suspending the decision awarding the partial EP DATHCOM SA and (2) order a credible investigation into the circumstances that have ermine officials from the Directorate of Mines and those from the Mining Cadastre sacrifice the interests of the Congolese state by deliberately ignoring relevant grievances of COMINIERE SA the feasibility study (see annexes 1 to 4).

She sees finally recommends that you consult with the Minister of State, Minister of Portfolio as well as Madam Minister of State, Minister of Justice and Guardian of Sceaux, with a view to setting up a commission of independent experts to proceed with the revision of the contract of Joint-Venture DATHCOM SA in the interest of the Congolese state Please accept,

Excellency Madam Minister, the expression of our distinguished consideration. Mr Georges KAPLANBA National President Appendices initialed and numbered 1 to 4. ..."

Hi Freeo

Appreciate the translation of the article

Unfortunately it doesn't clarify what is specifically being questioned or why?

Is it the whole Dathcom PE in it's entirety in relation to AVZ and Cominiere?.... or just the issues around the possible dodgy sale by Cominiere of 15% to Zijin in direct contradiction to the pre-emptive rights AVZ purports to hold under the JV agreement?

Luckily I have employed Kalleske's wonderful "Clarry's" Barossa GSM red blend with dinner followed by a small shot of Absolut Vodka (made in Sweden ;)) to settle my nerves and dull my synapses before awaiting the announcements on the 'morrow

Cheers

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Frank

Top 20
Yeh that's right mate, how else can they state it? Like they are abiding by asic's law of disclosure etc

I dunno, a photo with Nigel and Felix would be worth 1000000000000 words. Maybe one more 0

Largest number of senior government officials

Unmatched by any other Mining event in Africa, Mining Indaba continues to host the largest number of senior government officials from across Africa and beyond. Heads of States and Ministers come to address the industry and provide updates on new policies and their plans for the future.

See which Ministers and Head of States will be in attendance in 2022.

H.E. Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge
Prime Minister
Democratic Republic of Congo

Hon. Antoinette N'Samba Kalambayi
National Minister of Mines

* So why No mention of the Coolest Cat in Africa / DRC :unsure:

#Felix.jpg

#Hmmm.jpg

U.S. stock futures climb after three days of heavy selling

Wall Street's worst week since 2020 (1).png

#Excellent.jpg

• Thinking

Freehold

Regular
So for future ref if someone puts up a picture in another language

In Windows
1. Right click on image in Browser and search web for the image.
2. Now Copy text displayed (in this case French) in to Google Translate to convert to English

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Frank

Top 20

Largest number of senior government officials

Unmatched by any other Mining event in Africa, Mining Indaba continues to host the largest number of senior government officials from across Africa and beyond. Heads of States and Ministers come to address the industry and provide updates on new policies and their plans for the future.

See which Ministers and Head of States will be in attendance in 2022.

H.E. Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge

Prime Minister

Hon. Antoinette N'Samba Kalambayi

National Minister of Mines

* So why No mention of the Coolest Cat in Africa / DRC :unsure:

View attachment 6169

View attachment 6170

U.S. stock futures climb after three days of heavy selling

View attachment 6176

View attachment 6174

So why No mention of the Coolest Cat in Africa / DRC :unsure:

FYI, fwiw, Stop looking, I just found the Cat

1652190973430.png

Abidjan Climate Summit: Heads of State sign commitment to combat desertification and drought

Heads of State and Government gathered on 9 May in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire, at the United Nations World Conference on Land called on the international community to take urgent measures to "stem the loss of human life and livelihoods the world is experiencing due to the increasing and devastating effects of desertification, land degradation and drought”.

It was during the Summit of Heads of State convened ahead of the opening of the 15th session of the Conference of Parties (COP15) to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD).

According to the final communiqué, the Summit concluded with the adoption of the "Abidjan Call", which urges to give the highest priority to the issue of drought and reinforces the commitment to achieve neutrality on land degradation by 2030.

The leaders' call for action comes in response to a stark warning from the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) that up to 40% of all ice-free land is already degraded, with disastrous consequences for climate, biodiversity and livelihoods.

“Our Summit must be one of hope, of the collective mobilization of States and development partners, in favor of initiatives to restore the lands and forests of our countries.

We must use all the resources of our Conventions to meet the ever-increasing food needs and cope with the ever-increasing water stress of an ever-growing world population,” said Alassane Ouattara, President of Côte d'Ivoire.

1652191190677.png

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Frank

Top 20
Sama Lukonde in Cape Town to participate in the International Mining Indaba Forum 2022

1652191366171.png

The Prime Minister of the DRC, Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde has been staying since the evening of this Sunday, May 08, in Cape Town in South Africa to participate in the international forum Mining Indaba 2022.

Placed under the theme "Evolution of the African mining sector: investing in energy transition, ESG and savings", this 25th edition of the Indaba Mining forum since its creation, finds a managerial alternative so that the first beneficiaries of mining resources are first and always Africans.

According to the Congolese Minister of Communication and Media and government spokesman, Patrick Muyaya Katembwe, the participation of the DRC in these meetings is of great importance and is placed at the center of the issues.

1652191386788.png

“The Democratic Republic of Congo is used to participating in this major continental meeting which discusses mining issues. But you know that because of Covid-19 it has been two years and two months since this meeting took place. This recovery meeting comes with a theme that puts the Democratic Republic of Congo at the heart.

You have followed the speeches particularly of the Zambian President where there was much more talk about the role that the DRC can play not only in the energy transition but also in the production of batteries and everything related to the challenges of the 21st century”, said said Patrick Muyaya.

"For us as a Government, it was important and that is what justifies the participation of the Prime Minister himself, at a high level, to show that we want to take advantage of this platform to convey the message of the Democratic Republic of Congo as Solution country both in the preservation of the climate, but also as a solution country involved in the production of the main materials that go into the formation of electric batteries which are essential in the energy transition”, he said.

It should be noted that several Heads of State are taking part in this meeting as well as several mining sector operators, members of civil society including mining sector experts from all over the world, to discuss and boost investments in the said sector in order to promote the development of the African continent.

1652191434476.png

china-electric-car-.jpg

The-future-is-Electric.png

Mining.png

#Patience ! .jpg

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono 🔋

GLTA-AVZH's (y)

Frank 🤞

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Exactly while this graph is somewhat reassuring, it proves nothing relating to the issue at hand.
The issue is vapour. Let. it. go. mate.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Samus

Top 20
I'd like to see some answers. Perhaps it is, we're all counting on it.
I'm not sure why you've singled me out again when the entire discussion has been based around this issue for the past week or so?

Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
They're questioning the awarding of ML to AVZ based on parts of the FS, what seems to be wanting more of a slice for the RDC.....extremely hypocritical considering theyre letting a Chinese state owned company mine in their country. We'll cut them a deal, they can fight it out with Zijin for the 15% 😁, we've got mining to do

with the corruption we're seeing in Cominiere in favour of Zijin I cant help but think this is part of the attack, more bribes, they've proven so easy to bribe, but surely there's no way big man Felix is gonna let them make a fool of him after just selling AVZ's mine and battery hub pledge to the world. It appears Felix and Co know full well of this corrupt branch within Cominiere and have just chosen to overrule them with the ML, which coudl give us some insight about what they also think of some in Cominiere trying to illegally sell 15% to Zijin, lets see whats next

"They're questioning the awarding of ML to AVZ based on parts of the FS, what seems to be wanting more of a slice for the RDC....."

In full honesty I didn't see that in the snippet @ohreally

I know it's a technical point but AVZ hasn't been awarded the ML....Dathcom have (of which we understand at this point AVZ owns 75%)

I'm not sure what you mean by "based on parts of the FS, what seems to be wanting more of a slice of DRC" .

I'm not being cute here I genuinely don't know what you mean by that

Cheers
Nut

Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I don't think it's vapour

And I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass

But the questions remain until it's absolutely clarified who owns that 15% from Cominiere that AVZ says it has the pre-emptive rights over??

And chuck in the shitty mud thrown on the Dathomir 15%

For me I need the AVZ announcements, confirmation from the DRC courts, confirmation from the DRC Govt, confirmation from Felix, minutes or something of substance from Dathomir and Dathcom board meetings and a retraction or something similar from Zijin, maybe some official documents supporting relavant transactions and agreements for decent measure....and to really make me feel good an announcement from CATH that confirms it agrees with the likely legal existence of the holy fkn trinity (AVZ 66%, CATH 24%, DRC10%)

It's a complete head fuck to be honest and I'm a LTH

But having been in business, dealt with legals, dealt with boards, dotted the i's and crossed the fucking t's I know there are no guarantees unless these matters are wound up, screwed down and tight as a fishes fkn arse

Again I am hopeful for a positive outcome for AVZ and the DRC in these matters...I really am

We'll find out something more tomorrow and take it from there I guess

Cheers
Nut

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Samus

Top 20
Well said Winenut completely agree.
This is a big power play, nothing set in stone yet.

Further to that perhaps some should outline their own views instead of misinterpreting or taking some form of offence to the views of others and getting all uptight. :unsure:
Beats dictating vaguely threatening one liners like some HC chump.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Remark

Top 20

But the questions remain until it's absolutely clarified who owns that 15% from Cominiere that AVZ says it has the pre-emptive rights over??

For me I need the AVZ announcements, confirmation from the DRC courts, confirmation from the DRC Govt, confirmation from Felix, minutes or something of substance from Dathomir and Dathcom board meetings and a retraction or something similar from Zijin, maybe some official documents supporting relavant transactions and agreements for decent measure....and to really make me feel good an announcement from CATH that confirms it agrees with the likely legal existence of the holy fkn trinity (AVZ 66%, CATH 24%, DRC10%)

But having been in business, dealt with legals, dealt with boards, dotted the i's and crossed the fucking t's I know there are no guarantees unless these matters are wound up, screwed down and tight as a fishes fkn arse

Again I am hopeful for a positive outcome for AVZ and the DRC in these matters...I really am

Cheers
Nut
Again, well said Winenut, I fully back your opinion on this matter. Looks like for now we wait. GLTA all LTHs.

Reactions: 9 users
Exactly, I'm not saying I'm a big fan of it either but maybe we can turn it to our advantage? AVZ has GOOD LEGAL TITLE so:

Hey Zin and Jin, we take you through the courts and you end up with absolute zero and some legal fees, loss of faith from DRC government, bad press and maybe even some jail time for some dodgy people.

Or: You pay a large amount of money for 5-10% ownership, you finance AVZ's share for a very good interest rate and build the mine. And maybe we don't take this to court... Now here is a 5000 page nuclear weapon proof contract you must sign within 10 days...

Not saying its possible but if it is you make them pay for the privilege of not going to prison.
I don’t think “we” take them to court. I think AVZ’s role is to to seek clarification on the ownership from the DRC. if it’s as we hope/expect, we sit back and watch.

I think we are only taking legal action if and when the DRC confirm the sale of % to Z.

Yes, in a few hours we are a little more wiser. Hopefully some good news after a trading halt without any additional and arguable informations. We all deserve that.

I hope for ML and an official statement of the ownership. As my top poster wrote the DRC should bring this to court but we should start to bring this baby to production. Waiting for a court case takes too much time.

wombat74

Top 20
"@acajasbl
denounces the "selling off of the mining assets of the State company COMINIERE SA relating to the Manono Lithium deposits and asks the Government to demand the revisitation of the Joint-Venture DATHCOM contract".

And the DRC Government responds : NO THERE WILL BE NO REVISITATION .
#DRC The
@MinMinesRDC
Antoinette N'samba
@anskalambayi
had signed a ministerial order awarding the mining permit for the Manono lithium and tin project to the company
@AvzMinerals

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Tunedin

One Happy Camper
Good morning fellow LTH’s. Let’s hope we get news that brings back a little positivity in our outlook today. I’m a tad frayed by all the BS that’s been thrown left, right and centre at AVZ by the constant and unrelenting attacks on our jewel of a company. The sheer weight of it has been astounding. Regarding AVZ’s response… they are doing so through offical channels of release. At face value AVZ’s responses don‘t seem to carry the same weight as the endless barrage of online trolls on the crapper and twitter for days on end. The trolls flooding social media know that. Best not to confuse quantity with quality.

That presentation slide released last night was a class act in my opinion. Let’s see what they release this morning.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

ptlas

Regular
Just spent an hour reading intelligent well reasoned opinions - some of which I share, some not.
Not an insult or smart rs comment in sight. Wonderful.
What is apparent to me is that Z are using a well established playbook and have spent a not inconsiderable amount of time, effort and money on creating this situation.
They will have a plan A , B etc
Consequently , I do not expect this 'problem ' to go away / be resolved any time soon.
What this does to SP or even mine development I have no opinion of as this is all uncharted territory.

• Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

CHB

Regular

Cheers
Nut
Agree with this

The Chinese are ruthless, it's better to undergo it now while Felix is still in power. Can you imagine going through this if he doesn't win the election again?

For me, AVZ doesn't have the cash, time or experience to take the fight to zijin. We really need DRC investigation to rule in our favour.

Can you imagine a big mining company facing these claims and taking it laying down? We unfortunately have to imo. They'd probably send all the lawyers and take the other party to court.

When this is all done and dusted and if we come through with the absolute ownership, for me the next risk hurdle is the 2023 elections.

I wonder how much the Chinese will influence it....

• Thinking
Top Bottom