AVZ Discussion 2022

Thunderpony

27 µg per 100 mL
There are most definitely paid down-rampers.
Periodically retired ones post on Crapper. Could be baloney but this cynic believes them.
I suspect our favourite girl is just someone with issues-don't actually think she's smart enough to earn money doing it.

From the stories I read, it seems that they operate in packs for short periods then move on to where the paymaster sends them.
'Paymaster' seems ominous, but I'm still open for offers...

blu

Regular
As Ive said before... Once in production you need to start thinking of the AVZ peer group as the premier league players in lithium space like SQM and Ablemarles of the world. Not the second division players we are currently compared against. That is, once ramped up to full 10mt / yr throughput.

This is key to future AVZ valuation projections IMHO. Some of these tier 1 peers are currently 10x our current mcap and growing. Possibly the easiest money you may ever make is by simply sitting on your hands and doing nothing and let it run. Sure there will be up and downs in markets like the current dip due to macro factors but these are golden opportunities to take advance of the more flighty traders nervousness IMO. Inflation can rip away all it likes and a new cold war may come but unless it stops the worldwide adoption of Electric cars (and batteries ) and home storage market then it matters not I think.
Wise words @Freehold . Sitting and holding has saved my bacon, but fuck what a journey. Important to understand the risk reward scenarios and then hold on tight while the bull and all his fuckery tries to buck you off. Good to see you contributing over here.

Reactions: 4 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I'm eyeing some beachside peace. Just waiting on a few further positives from AVZ which I suspect are not too far away ;)

I can't say how happy I am to be away from you know where and you know who

Anyway the FA is intact and the announcements we are all waiting for seem tantalizingly close

Right now there isn't much we can do but wait

Sometimes the waiting is the hardest part......

Ever considered investing in a frothel with a floating jetty?
Sublease it to a team of belly dancers and negatively gear the entire venture?
As people are allowed to roam around after Covid 19, the business opportunities are mind boggling.:cool::rolleyes:🤣😇
I saw the twinkle in the eyes of Alan Joyce!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Fletch77

Regular
I'm eyeing some beachside peace. Just waiting on a few further positives from AVZ which I suspect are not too far away ;)

Anyway the FA is intact and the announcements we are all waiting for seem tantalizingly close

Have a quick look at the beach front properties in Vanuatu Winenut, and see what an acre of tropical paradise with coral reef at you front door will set you back, with just a 3 hr flight from East Coast. 😉 (an elevated block Frank) ☺️
There is the little issue of zero income tax over there though.. so if you think not having to lodge tax returns might annoy you, then Island life might not be for you mate 🏝

Fletch77

Regular

Thanks for sharing that video Freehold.

They were spot on with their analysis, and I’m looking forward to the next re-rate with the whole lithium sector. Some of the quality stocks I’m holding are well down from highs as they mentioned. Especially when AVZ is riding the wave post ML and BFS etc.

Is there any reason that you know of why they refuse to mention AVZ ? They talked about a lot of ASX companies but I have never in past videos seen them mention AVZ. In this one I think they said “ we know where that supply can come from” like they aren’t allowed to mention us ?

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

JAG

Top 20
'Paymaster' seems ominous, but I'm still open for offers...
For those that don't know.............an example of how down ramping, ramping and misdirection can occur :cautious:

avz ere.JPG

JAG

Top 20
Think it may be time to update the moon graph :LOL::LOL:

#BallTampering.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

JAG

Top 20
Looking good for a nice day ahead IMO :)

1645483917785.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Remark

Top 20
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

JAG

Top 20
Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Macro events clearly in control at the moment

As I said fundamentals for AVZ haven't changed so it's a case of sitting tight

With the Nige apparently in the DRC who knows what might happen! ;)

Reactions: 8 users

Dazmac66

Regular
A wee bit nasty today. Maybe a 7-8% drop enough to trigger a few stops. Be a real shame if ML was to drop with such strong short term headwinds.

CHB

Regular
Happy for the ML to drop ASAP even during the first attack of war (if there is one).

We just need to keep progressing and the SP will take care of itself longer term

Reactions: 9 users

Frank

Top 20
Looking good for a nice day ahead IMO :)

View attachment 1549

*To Remind,

The EV revolution seems to be fast approaching a state of critical mass, which is translating into record-breaking price runs for cathode inputs such as nickel and cobalt and, of course, lithium itself.

Surging demand for battery metals reflects both the exponential rise in EV sales and the build-out of a global battery manufacturing industry, each new Gigafactory representing an extra pull on metal stocks.

A record 286.2 GWh of passenger electric vehicle battery capacity was deployed onto roads globally last year, according to Adamas Intelligence.

That represented a 113% increase on 2020 as new energy vehicle sales continued to grow strongly in China, the world’s largest market, and exploded in Europe.

*In other News,

Mercedes-Benz foresees EV-only production lines within a few years

Mercedes-Benz expects to have factories producing exclusively electric vehicles by the second half of the decade.
blank.gif

The carmaker foresees some of its production lines within factories switching fully to electric even sooner, production chief Joerg Burzer said in an interview with Reuters.

“Building a whole new battery-electric vehicle factory takes time. We have taken another approach,” Burzer said.

“We will certainly have some lines producing only electric vehicles in the next few years… we also see whole factories switching to electric – that is a topic for the second half of the decade.”

The premium carmaker will launch production of its EQE model, revealed last September at the IAA Mobility show, in Bremen later this year, followed by Beijing and Tuscaloosa.

Mercedes is betting on the model, an electric adaptation of the E-class with a peak range of 660 km, to boost EV unit sales as it shifts investment away from internal combustion vehicles and towards electric-only production platforms.

“With the ramp-up of the EQE in Bremen and later in Beijing, we are coming into a segment where we can deliver at far higher volumes,” Burzer said.

Just 2.3% of Mercedes-Benz Cars’ sales last year were battery-electric vehicles, rising to 11% including plug-in hybrids, which have both an engine and a battery.

As of 2025, it expects electric and hybrid electric cars to make up 50% of sales, with all-electric cars expected to account for most of that.

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals

Waiting.jpg

The-future-is-Electric.png

RIP Tom 🤘

blank.gif

JAG

Top 20
*To Remind,

The EV revolution seems to be fast approaching a state of critical mass, which is translating into record-breaking price runs for cathode inputs such as nickel and cobalt and, of course, lithium itself.

Surging demand for battery metals reflects both the exponential rise in EV sales and the build-out of a global battery manufacturing industry, each new Gigafactory representing an extra pull on metal stocks.

A record 286.2 GWh of passenger electric vehicle battery capacity was deployed onto roads globally last year, according to Adamas Intelligence.

That represented a 113% increase on 2020 as new energy vehicle sales continued to grow strongly in China, the world’s largest market, and exploded in Europe.

*In other News,

Mercedes-Benz foresees EV-only production lines within a few years

Mercedes-Benz expects to have factories producing exclusively electric vehicles by the second half of the decade.
blank.gif

The carmaker foresees some of its production lines within factories switching fully to electric even sooner, production chief Joerg Burzer said in an interview with Reuters.

“Building a whole new battery-electric vehicle factory takes time. We have taken another approach,” Burzer said.

“We will certainly have some lines producing only electric vehicles in the next few years… we also see whole factories switching to electric – that is a topic for the second half of the decade.”

The premium carmaker will launch production of its EQE model, revealed last September at the IAA Mobility show, in Bremen later this year, followed by Beijing and Tuscaloosa.

Mercedes is betting on the model, an electric adaptation of the E-class with a peak range of 660 km, to boost EV unit sales as it shifts investment away from internal combustion vehicles and towards electric-only production platforms.

“With the ramp-up of the EQE in Bremen and later in Beijing, we are coming into a segment where we can deliver at far higher volumes,” Burzer said.

Just 2.3% of Mercedes-Benz Cars’ sales last year were battery-electric vehicles, rising to 11% including plug-in hybrids, which have both an engine and a battery.

As of 2025, it expects electric and hybrid electric cars to make up 50% of sales, with all-electric cars expected to account for most of that.

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals

View attachment 1563

View attachment 1562

RIP Tom 🤘

blank.gif
Fundamentals haven't changed....only Puttin :mad:

Frank

Top 20
Macro events clearly in control at the moment

As I said fundamentals for AVZ haven't changed so it's a case of sitting tight

With the Nige apparently in the DRC who knows what might happen! ;)

With the Nige apparently in the DRC who knows what might happen!

Where's Wally.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20
Fundamentals haven't changed....only Puttin :mad:

*No wonder the DRC is a "Bit Toey" when it comes to handing out a ML lately, when you have Scumbags like this ruining it for everybody,

*To Remind,

Dan Gertler: a first step towards ending the plunder of natural resources in the DRC, but too early to declare victory!​

A Congolese commission has initiated negotiations with Dan Gertler on the recovery of mining and oil assets.​

The Congo is not for sale coalition welcomes this first step but calls on the government to ensure that the agreement covers all ill-gotten gains and calls for the process and results of the negotiations to be made more transparent.​

According to the report of the Council of Ministers of February 18, a commission “concluded with the Fleurette group [of Dan Gertler] the terms of reference of a memorandum of understanding to allow our country to recover the oil blocks and the assets mines held by Fleurette valued at more than 2 billion usd, as well as a substantial part of royalties from KCC which have been ceded to it.

If the negotiations lead to the effective and free recovery of all the assets held by Mr. Gertler’s network, then it will be a triumph for civil society and the fight against corruption, the coalition “The Congo is Not for Sale” (CNPAV).

But the press release leaves too many gray areas to claim final victory at this stage.

“For years, we have been proclaiming loud and clear that the Congo has already lost several billion because of the agreements with Dan Gertler and that these losses are getting worse as long as nothing is done”, declared Jean-Claude Mputu, door- word of CNPAV.

“This announcement is a first step in the right direction, but there are still several crucial aspects to be clarified: the constitution of the commission, the content of the memorandum of understanding and the amicable settlement, the final destination of the recovered goods.

Thus, there is still a long way to go for the Congo to recover all the assets ill-gotten by Dan Gertler with the complicity of ex-President Kabila.”

As a reminder, Dan Gertler is an Israeli billionaire sanctioned in 2017 by the US Treasury for corruption at the top of the Congolese state.

According to the Treasury, he had enriched himself through “opaque and corrupt” extractive contracts using “his close friendship with Congolese President Joseph Kabila. Between the end of 2017 and 2021, OFAC sanctioned not only Dan Gertler itself, but also two of its collaborators as well as 45 other entities affiliated with Gertler.

According to calculations by the Congo is not for sale coalition, the DRC has already lost almost $2 billion in revenue due to dodgy contracts with Gertler between 2003 and 2020.

Despite President Tshisekedi’s accession to power, his companies continue to earn more than $200,000 a day from these old contracts. If nothing is done, an additional $1.76 billion could escape state coffers between 2021 and 2039.

“We are concerned that the negotiations only cover part of what Dan Gertler obtained illegally under the Kabila regime,” said Jean-Pierre Okenda, researcher at Resource Matters and member of CNPAV.

“Today, Gertler receives royalties from three mining projects: KCC, Mutanda Mining and Metalkol.

Why does the commission only deal with royalties from KCC? What about Mutanda? Metalkol?

Of all the other losses suffered in the past?

It must be ensured that the agreement does not jeopardize the investigations opened in several countries which would make it possible to shed full light on possible corrupt practices in which he would have been involved.

This decision falls first to all those who have raised their voices to denounce the misdeeds of Gertler.

Among them, two Congolese bankers, Gradi Koko and Navy Malela, who had the courage to launch the alert in 2020 to denounce the existence of a money laundering network within their bank which would have been used by Gertler to circumvent US sanctions.

Faced with threats, they had to leave the DRC and then, in retaliation, they were sentenced to death in Congo.

The CNPAV expects that this withdrawal of Gertler will lead to the cancellation of this death sentence.

The coalition also calls for reassuring public opinion that this agreement is not just a means for political leaders to raise funds before the 2023 elections.

Indeed, the approach of electoral cycles, the risk of misappropriation of mining revenues increases considerably.

If the government decides to resell the assets again, it must imperatively do so by tender as required by law, and the destination of the funds must be known to all.

“The government must make public all the parameters of this negotiation, both in terms of procedure and results,’” according to Freddy Kasongo, director of OEARSE and member of CNPAV.

“We must ensure that only the Congolese people are the beneficiaries of these steps.

Note to editors:

Dan Gertler has repeatedly denied allegations against him, including being involved in
corruption cases alleged by the US government or having deprived the DRC of revenue.

To our knowledge, without being exhaustive, Dan Gertler’s network currently holds the assets
following mines:

Oil

– Oil Blocks I and II of the Albertine Graben

Copper-cobalt sector

-Royalties in the Kamoto Copper Company project, estimated at $1.085 billion
-Royalties in the Mutanda Mining project, estimated at $380 million
-Royalties in the Metalkol project, estimated at $299 million

Gold sector

– Operating permits held by the Moku-Beverendi mining company (PE5047, PE5057, PE12709, PE12710, PE12711, PE12712)
-Research permit held by Sanzetta Investments (PR7500-PR7515)

Iron sector: Research permit held by the mining company Iron Mountain (PR4977-PR4979 and PR4990-PR5022)

Gertler is also accused by several NGOs and media of having used nominees to continue to acquire mining assets since the sanctions, particularly in the highly prized copper-cobalt sector in the 6 months preceding the elections at the end of 2018.

One of them would be the unknown businessman Ellie Berros, who today holds stakes in high-value mining contracts, namely the one between Gécamines and the company Evelyne Investissement. This contract is the subject of an investigation by the Congolese authorities.

Copperbelt Katanga.png

Reactions: 7 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Misfits

Regular
DOW Futures not looking too flash at the moment.

Top Bottom