AVZ Discussion 2022

Tunedin

One Happy Camper
I’m convinced HC was taken over by a conglomerate of trading houses that only support down ramping and rumour spreading with the sole purpose to fleece retail.
On another note, I’ve been out and about all day but I’ve just noticed our local community is fencing out wankers effectively. Well done everyone (y)

Reactions: 20 users

Thaz

Regular
I’m convinced HC was taken over by a conglomerate of trading houses that only support down ramping and rumour spreading with the sole purpose to fleece retail.
On another note, I’ve been out and about all day but I’ve just noticed our local community is fencing out wankers effectively. Well done everyone (y)
We gave them a chance to act accordingly and appropriately.

Fencing everyone out without giving them a chance is akin to hotcrapper imo

Reactions: 9 users

BRICK

Regular
We gave them a chance to act accordingly and appropriately.

Fencing everyone out without giving them a chance is akin to hotcrapper imo
Totally agree! Tribal council has spoken.. LOL all fair. call me out if im a fuckwit and ill apologise accordingly. Old school rules!

I wish we could short HC or even we should just troll the shit out of the place hahaha

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

BRICK

Regular
Im with bell direct and ANZ, the banks fees are usually more expensive than the independent brokers, thats the banks for you, but yeah I chose Bell Direct initially for the lower fees, but then started using ANZ because I bank with them and there's no delay on money transfers to my diff accounts, with Bell I have to wait to long to get money to and fro from my bank accounts, real pain in the arse if you see a bargain and cant get to it
I use the ANZ pro platform for the same reason. (its not that professional but i hear they are upgrading soon.)

Reactions: 4 users

Samus

Top 20
I hold a bundle of NAB shares but have steered clear of NABTrade because I've heard it has problems.

I was looking at Superhero & some other newbies but it comes back to trust I guess?
Yeah I stick with it for the convenience of transferring money between accounts but as one who only really uses the app on the fly during trading hours there are some features I wish it had. Even the website version I find lacking as the course of sales has a tendency to stop working and it doesn't refresh in real time.
Does the job but...

Reactions: 3 users

Azzler

Top 20
I use Selfwealth, $9.50 trades, it's the cheapest chess sponsored platform I believe. You can also trade US stock.
I use commsec widget on my phone for live pricing convienience, it's also good for research and it's free.

Reactions: 5 users

JAG

Top 20
Totally agree! Tribal council has spoken.. LOL all fair. call me out if im a fuckwit and ill apologise accordingly. Old school rules!

I wish we could short HC or even we should just troll the shit out of the place hahaha
Benny Survivor Australia GIF by Australian Survivor

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for your responses guys, I was able to set up a Commsec account in about 15 minutes online. I will give it a test run tomorrow. (y)
Personally I use CommSec for the live feed of share prices but SelfWealth for trades due to fixed $9.50 fee regardless of trade size.

SelfWealth uses your own HIN so you own your own shares but Superhero uses a company HIN to hold shares for you via proxy so although it is cheaper than SelfWealth, I don't like my shares under someone else's HIN. Stake apparently lets you use your own HIN and charges I think just $3 per trade if I'm not mistaken but I haven't tried it out yet. DYOR

Reactions: 6 users
I’m with Commsec and Westpac, wouldn’t recommend Westpac but Commsec has been faultless for me.
Commsec and CMC markets. I like the CMC user interface. Bit cheaper fees too

Reactions: 1 users

JAG

Top 20
I am really enjoying the peace and serenity here :giggle:
Kristen Wiig Comedy GIF by Zoolander No. 2

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

oxxa23

Regular
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

BRICK

Regular
jokin mate.....not for you anyway(y)(y)
Hahaha

All good! not the most experienced on stock here but i can use a chainsaw, drive and excavater and cook?

:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Was Nigel going to UK to do a similar presso as Germany? Does anyone know? I see there is some African Mining forum happening in a couple of days in Cape Town, though can't see him on exhibition list.

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Samus

Top 20
I am really enjoying the peace and serenity here :giggle:
Kristen Wiig Comedy GIF by Zoolander No. 2
It's a great sense of satisfaction having weeded out the first shit bag successfully. Gives one hope for the future 😄

Good sense of community that can draw the line between what is clearly intolerable behaviour while remaining objective and accepting of a range of views. 🍻

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Birdman7

Regular
I’m with Commsec and Westpac, wouldn’t recommend Westpac but Commsec has been faultless for me.
Like Fletch, I have been with commsec for about 5 years. Found it to be excellent. Their help desk is also very efficient.

Reactions: 6 users

Dazmac66

Regular
The whole shitshow yesterday would make interesting fodder for 4 Corners episode. Massive, massive amounts of coin involved. Did see $600 million mentioned. All that on a day with the most de-risking announcement in the history of the company. Stinks!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users

Samus

Top 20
The while shitshow yesterday would make interesting fodder for. 4 corners episode. Massive, massive amounts of coin involved. Did see $600 million mentioned. All that on a day with the most de-risking announcement in the history of the company. Stinks!!
Doesn't give one a great deal of confidence as a retail investor. These institutions can steer this however they like, the whole sector if they so choose. It's the pinnacle of corruption really.
Best not to think too deeply about it :unsure:

• Thinking
Few weeks old, can't remember if it was posted. This news then following the Zambia deal, then ML announcement. The ball is certainly starting to roll.

Screenshot_20220505-201637_Chrome.jpg

• Love
  • Fire

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Thanks Fletch, I'll have a look.
I'm with Commsec too and it suits me

Not sure it's the cheapest

Generally I pay about about $30 a trade flat and then maybe it's 0.31% if trade is above $10k

I don't do a lot of volume and tend to buy and hold in amounts like $30-$50k

Can upgrade to IRESS (I've looked at that) but I don't trade enough to warrant the fee

I muck about with the basic charting and it does a reasonable amount for a simple bloke like me

https://www.commsec.com.au/support/rates-and-fees.html

Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom