AVZ Discussion 2022

bloke383

Regular
Jesus the only people on our side is the IGF it's the dirty politicians that need to be sorted out. Wich is fucken hard to do when all the elpresedentay wants to do is ponce around the world telling everyone one that will listen what a great place the drc is to invest. What a fucken joke. The prick needs to stay at home and sort his shit out.
We have a few good people on the ground , Franck Fwamba / Kiki /Kasongo etc & the NGO's that are standing up for us as well . Without their support we'd be in an an even worse position . I've been extremely grateful for their vocal show of support , when there has been so little info coming from management . I understand managements decision to remain silent , but it sure has been tough with the constant barrage of blatant lies coming at us continually

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Onthefm

Regular
We have a few good people on the ground , Franck Fwamba / Kiki /Kasongo etc & the NGO's that are standing up for us as well . Without their support we'd be in an an even worse position . I've been extremely grateful for their vocal show of support , when there has been so little info coming from management . I understand managements decision to remain silent , but it sure has been tough with the constant barrage of blatant lies coming at us continuallyagree mate

Onthefm

Regular
100 % agree mate.

Reactions: 2 users

John25

Regular
Jesus the only people on our side is the IGF it's the dirty politicians that need to be sorted out. Wich is fucken hard to do when all the elpresedentay wants to do is ponce around the world telling everyone one that will listen what a great place the drc is to invest. What a fucken joke. The prick needs to stay at home and sort his shit out.
The international press SHOULD call him out on this “Open for business “ crap …honestly where’s the revenue coming from too pay these clowns dressed in Suits…….Farken forgot about the brown paper bags 🙈🤷‍♂️how remiss

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

obe wan

Regular
Interesting that the tantalex site has now a very stripped down description of tailings project ; no longer a mention of the number 13698

F4B7EB34-2D0C-4846-8360-372A740F28ED.jpeg

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 37 users
You need to appreciate what Felix Tshisekedi has gone through to get where he is. Once you understand his family legacy and the level of corruption that he needs to unravel it becomes clear why this is taking so long. Strong lions create good times in the pride lands imo

RaxFvJ.gif

Kinshasa – The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has the reputation for being one of the world's most graft-prone countries, ranking 170th out of 180 nations in Transparency International's 2020 Corruption Perception Index.

But the DRC's recently appointed chief inspector of finance, Jules Alingete Key, says the situation is changing.

Hundreds of millions of dollars have been netted in an anti-corruption drive sparked by an overhaul of his team and a recruitment drive, he told AFP in an interview.

President Felix Tshisekedi, who made the fight against corruption a keystone of his 2019 election campaign, appointed Alingete, 58, head of the General Financial Inspectorate (IGF) in July last year.

Alingete said:

We (found we) had to deal with people who are born into corruption, who grow up immersed in corruption and who consider that corruption and embezzlement are normal.

"The evil ran very deep and very high. We opted to take a tough line... and our methods have had tangible results," he added.

Before, IGF inspectors would go for "small fry", but they now focus on a much wider field, "from simple accountants to managers of public companies and all people who handle public money, including members of government," Alingete said.

In 2020, government income was less than $400 million on average per month, he said.

A crackdown on false claims for tax exemptions began in August 2020, and from March 2021 revenue rose to at least $500 million per month and has sometimes reached $900 million, he said.

Other scams uncovered by the reformed IGF, he said, were overbilling, backdated commissions, illegal transfer of funds and fake documents.

"The most spectacular thefts that we have recorded have been the work of people who are highly placed in state enterprises, in government," he said.

He said:

This area, by the way, is where we have been concentrating most of our efforts. With lower-level officials, it's $100 000 or $200 000 which is siphoned off, but the higher up you go, it's millions of dollars.

At first, help from prosecutors "was difficult", but "when the facts are there, the justice system gets involved. There have been many trials and sentences handed down to senior officials", Key said.

High-profile figures targeted by IGF investigations include Governor Atou Matubuana of Kongo Central province.

He was accused in August of "diverting" 17.4 billion Congolese francs ($8.7 million) in government expenditures last year – spending that his office said was a traditionally accepted benefit for governors.

Alingete said that his unit was still overcoming problems with staff numbers, and this for now limited its investigative scope.

When he took over, the IGF had "at the most" 80 inspectors, nearly half of whom were of retirement age, he said.

"Today, we are increasing our capacity to intervene, and will reach cruising altitude in 2022. We will soon have 200 inspectors."

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 29 users

John25

Regular
Sorry but i find Felix more like this ….All talk no Action or as we say “Full of piss & wind “
1672994769810.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

John25

Regular
We have a election soon ..grow a pair Felix instead of “Show me the evidence”jail a few of these fuckers…probably out on your arse anyway
1672999236516.gif

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

wombat74

Top 20
We have a election soon ..grow a pair Felix instead of “Show me the evidence”jail a few of these fuckers…probably out on your arse anyway
View attachment 26343
Felix will have Chinese pressure . To think otherwise is dreamland and fairytales . He's knows his masters want Manono . He's stuck between a rock and a hard place . Best thing for him is if AVZ just disappears . Not going to happen .

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Hudnut

Regular
Why would Felix put the MoP in the clink when it looks like she is mobilising her supporters in favour of his re-election?

https://lepotentiel-cd.translate.go...tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Like its moral authority embodying conviction and work on the ground for collective progress, the Alliance of Christian Democrats of Congo (ALDEC) remains in this dynamic. The party intends to line up in useful battle order in view of the electoral deadlines scheduled for the end of 2023. If its objective is to achieve a better electoral score in the national and provincial legislative elections, this political formation dear to Princess Adèle Kayinda Mahina clearly shows in favor of the re-election of Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi. Thus, the three-day retreat, organized at the end of December 2022 in Kinshasa, will have enabled its national and provincial executives, who have come from all over the Republic,to refine strategies while sharpening the skills of effective and methodical mobilization to achieve electoral objectives. And the major objective being that of "Fatshi concrete or nothing in 2023", as the moral authority of the party, the Minister of State in charge of the Portfolio, Princess Adele Kayinda, clearly said.

"While welcoming the start of the ongoing electoral process, I encourage you to mobilize our activists to enlist massively, in order to ensure a consolidated parliamentary majority for the President of the Republic Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo" , said the Princess Adele Kayinda.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

TDITD

Top 20
Why would Felix put the MoP in the clink when it looks like she is mobilising her supporters in favour of his re-election?

https://lepotentiel-cd.translate.go...tr_sl=fr&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Like its moral authority embodying conviction and work on the ground for collective progress, the Alliance of Christian Democrats of Congo (ALDEC) remains in this dynamic. The party intends to line up in useful battle order in view of the electoral deadlines scheduled for the end of 2023. If its objective is to achieve a better electoral score in the national and provincial legislative elections, this political formation dear to Princess Adèle Kayinda Mahina clearly shows in favor of the re-election of Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi. Thus, the three-day retreat, organized at the end of December 2022 in Kinshasa, will have enabled its national and provincial executives, who have come from all over the Republic,to refine strategies while sharpening the skills of effective and methodical mobilization to achieve electoral objectives. And the major objective being that of "Fatshi concrete or nothing in 2023", as the moral authority of the party, the Minister of State in charge of the Portfolio, Princess Adele Kayinda, clearly said.

"While welcoming the start of the ongoing electoral process, I encourage you to mobilize our activists to enlist massively, in order to ensure a consolidated parliamentary majority for the President of the Republic Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo" , said the Princess Adele Kayinda.
Yes politics look to be saving the green mamba at the moment. It’s possibly a stretch but surely one could posit the suggestion she has disgraced her party, obviously crime is treated differently over there ?
You fuck up here your gone, she gets a free fucking ride after being caught red handed ffs.

Her party should be binning her and Ministry of justice should be taking on Jules great work at the IGF, but that’s somewhat coherent and logical.

Jesus Jean-Felix has been illegitimately holding his DG position for years now.

Must admit I’m struggling with the incomprehensible ‘methods’ of ‘justice’ atm. IGF good job, every other bastard, an absolutely fucking piss poor showing !!

(Great work also to the journalists Kiki & Frank, NGOs too)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Felix will have Chinese pressure . To think otherwise is dreamland and fairytales . He's knows his masters want Manono . He's stuck between a rock and a hard place . Best thing for him is if AVZ just disappears . Not going to happen .
Weird flex by Tshisekedi's 'Chinese masters' to have him stop raw materials being exported out of the country and to take over operations at Tenke Fungurume last year to make sure the DRC was getting a fair deal. Probably some 4D chess thing that only wombat's understand.

The decision by a commercial court in the southern DR Congo city of Lubumbashi to temporarily suspend China Molybdenum’s (China Moly) management of the enormous Tenke Fungurume copper and cobalt mine (TFM) is the latest twist in an almost-year battle between the government and the Chinese mining giant.

First and foremost, this is a significant setback for China Moly. Given its outsized role in the Congolese mining sector, the court’s ruling is a big deal, both symbolically and in practical terms. It sends the message that Chinese mining interests are not untouchable in the DRC and that Congolese authorities retain considerable power in this relationship.

It also shows that contrary to what many people have assumed, President Félix Tshisekedi may have a lot more room to maneuver against the Chinese mining giant than many had previously thought and that he isn’t shy to use that power when necessary.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

obe wan

Regular
Weird flex by Tshisekedi's 'Chinese masters' to have him stop raw materials being exported out of the country and to take over operations at Tenke Fungurume last year to make sure the DRC was getting a fair deal. Probably some 4D chess thing that only wombat's understand.

The decision by a commercial court in the southern DR Congo city of Lubumbashi to temporarily suspend China Molybdenum’s (China Moly) management of the enormous Tenke Fungurume copper and cobalt mine (TFM) is the latest twist in an almost-year battle between the government and the Chinese mining giant.

First and foremost, this is a significant setback for China Moly. Given its outsized role in the Congolese mining sector, the court’s ruling is a big deal, both symbolically and in practical terms. It sends the message that Chinese mining interests are not untouchable in the DRC and that Congolese authorities retain considerable power in this relationship.

It also shows that contrary to what many people have assumed, President Félix Tshisekedi may have a lot more room to maneuver against the Chinese mining giant than many had previously thought and that he isn’t shy to use that power when necessary.
On that topic of DRC banning exportation of Raw materials (cobalt / copper being the focus materials at this stage as these are readily mined ) ; DRC looking for battery metals to be processed within country.

I posted an article written by Brad Thompson / AFR yesterday which stated that the Chinese provided the a bit more detail into FIRBs ‘contrary to national interest’ short response as to why it turned down Yibins investment into AVZ at 11.2%. … reasoning ‘ ‘Raw material wouldn’t be returned to Australia for processing’ which I can only assume is true considering we only received a one liners from FIRB which lacked substance ; it was prior to any ban on raw materials from DRC ; it was also before any feasibilities ; I doubt AVZ would include such costs within their calculations per tonne in any case I.e transporting Raw material back to Australia for processing .

With DRC ban on raw materials ; Battery metals (which will include Lithium) being processed within DRC. BFS, will not include transport of raw back to Oz for processing .

What’s your thoughts on a potential chink in the armor of the thoughts that FIRB won’t let the Chinese at AVZ ..

If what the Chinese said was true ; it’s not an excuse FIRB can use again for a project outside of Australia where raw materials are highly unlikely to be exported by government order in any case

287D5EEC-67AA-4918-9D50-9DB9A64C61C6.png

• Thinking

Your article is getting towards a year old Carlos. The dispute came about because CMOC was understating their exports and revenue.

The DRC govt backed Gecamines (State owned by the DRC - just like Cominiere…. and dare I say both corrupt companies) and appointed an administrator…. Then the man with the shrunken head (Lukonde) interfered, giving control back to CMOC.

Gecamines is still seeking compensation from CMOC for what it says is underpaid revenue from production and exports…. That’s just from memory of it

Funny (peculiar) that Lukonde who previously was head of Gecamines was siding with CMOC

Moving forward…. Now CATL is taking a stake in CMOC and CMOC is seeking legal action against the DRC

1CC8262A-99E3-402A-94DD-BE86FB0DAA26.jpeg
6C07DE08-F7AB-43B2-8C15-DD86FB3B0D91.jpeg
ABC3BFC7-E11E-42D6-AA9E-3F5CA4673A2B.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

Charbella

Regular
Stalling of lithium exploitation in Manono: civil society turns once again to the Head of State

Appears the mining license been delayed by CAMI for no reason and CAMI believes they are not bounded by any time frame to issue the permit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Your article is getting towards a year old Carlos. The dispute came about because CMOC was understating their exports and revenue.

The DRC govt backed Gecamines (State owned by the DRC - just like Cominiere…. and dare I say both corrupt companies) and appointed an administrator…. Then the man with the shrunken head (Lukonde) interfered, giving control back to CMOC.

Gecamines is still seeking compensation from CMOC for what it says is underpaid revenue from production and exports…. That’s just from memory of it

Funny (peculiar) that Lukonde who previously was head of Gecamines was siding with CMOC

Moving forward…. Now CATL is taking a stake in CMOC and CMOC is seeking legal action against the DRC

View attachment 26384 View attachment 26385 View attachment 26386
Yes I'm aware. The point of sharing the article was to show that Tshisekedi is willing to take action against Chinese companies and the idea that the Chinese are his masters is completely absurd. I wasn't trying to give an up to date account of what's happening at Tenke Fungurume.

On that topic of DRC banning exportation of Raw materials (cobalt / copper being the focus materials at this stage as these are readily mined ) ; DRC looking for battery metals to be processed within country.

I posted an article written by Brad Thompson / AFR yesterday which stated that the Chinese provided the a bit more detail into FIRBs ‘contrary to national interest’ short response as to why it turned down Yibins investment into AVZ at 11.2%. … reasoning ‘ ‘Raw material wouldn’t be returned to Australia for processing’ which I can only assume is true considering we only received a one liners from FIRB which lacked substance ; it was prior to any ban on raw materials from DRC ; it was also before any feasibilities ; I doubt AVZ would include such costs within their calculations per tonne in any case I.e transporting Raw material back to Australia for processing .

With DRC ban on raw materials ; Battery metals (which will include Lithium) being processed within DRC. BFS, will not include transport of raw back to Oz for processing .

What’s your thoughts on a potential chink in the armor of the thoughts that FIRB won’t let the Chinese at AVZ ..

If what the Chinese said was true ; it’s not an excuse FIRB can use again for a project outside of Australia where raw materials are highly unlikely to be exported by government order in any case

View attachment 26371
I think a Chinese company could get around FIRB very easily if they buy out AVZ and take it private. I agree with your take on the board seat too but think shareholders would act if that happened now that they are aware that these games are possible.

Nigel said at the German roadshow in April that a take over offer had been received by the board but they didn't consider it serious enough to announce to the market. That offer was from Zijin imo. Other Chinese entities have made offers over the years too. They are obviously very confident that they can buy out AVZ if the price is right.

Reactions: 4 users

TDITD

Top 20
Stalling of lithium exploitation in Manono: civil society turns once again to the Head of State

Appears the mining license been delayed by CAMI for no reason and CAMI believes they are not bounded by any time frame to issue the permit.

Well if it’s that simple, bound them by a timeframe whoever is responsible for regulating CAMI. Therein lies a problem itself as nobody seems to know.

One question is why are the Chinese seemingly fighting the Chinese over AVZ, not what the Chinese do.

wombat74

Top 20

The Chinese exist in various forms . The Chinese own the Green Grub and the CAMI prick . Unless Felix is going to do something about these scum bags then we are p1ssing in the wind . He has all the proof . If he does nothing then he is as bad as they are. I'm not saying he wont but time is our enemy and our enemies know it . IMO

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
I think a Chinese company could get around FIRB very easily if they buy out AVZ and take it private. I agree with your take on the board seat too but think shareholders would act if that happened now that they are aware that these games are possible.

Nigel said at the German roadshow in April that a take over offer had been received by the board but they didn't consider it serious enough to announce to the market. That offer was from Zijin imo. Other Chinese entities have made offers over the years too. They are obviously very confident that they can buy out AVZ if the price is right.
If and when this current shitshow ends there will be a stream of takeover offers IMO. I want us to go mining but I can’t see us getting that far.

• Thinking
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom