Reactions: 3 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Short Squeeze incoming..?

New shorts are retails who could be clueless.
Once LDA is done within a week or two, we'd know if there's any actual sellers.
Some RSI divergence on the daily, not much of a volume now, perfect time for LDA to finish and ( F off, thanks for coming but I hope we never see you again ) and Brainchip sales team to sign a deal.
With so little volume on down days and so many shorts even an IP contract with a minnow company could let us have some fire works better than we've ever seen before.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
D

Deleted member 118

So the short position is now looking like it’s creeping up towards 150 million and in the same time pushing down our SP towards the very low 40s. This must be causing an issue with LDA? As when they initially started selling the SP was sitting around 0.65 to 0.60 and as everyone knows we are now sitting around 0.45-0.40 which is a massive 30% plus reduction in the SP. LDA surely can’t be selling in this price range? Or can they?

And what happens now if they struggle to raise what’s required? Do both sides amend the agreement and issue more shares?

As the way I see it the only thing that is going to save this cap raise is a price sensitive announcement, as many share holders are starting to lose patience which will also cause the sp to fall even further if they decide to bail out. On a plus note I’ll have some more super to buy more soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 users
So the short position is now looking like it’s creeping up towards 150 million and in the same time pushing down our SP towards the very low 40s. This must be causing an issue with LDA? As when the initial selling started the SP was sitting around 0.65 to 0.60 and as everyone knows we are now sitting around 0.45-0.40 which is a massive 30% plus reduction in the SP. LDA surely can’t be selling in this price range? Or can they?

And what happens now if they struggle to raise what’s required? Do both sides amend the agreement and issue more shares?
That's a good question I honestly don't want to know the answer to.

Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

That's a good question I honestly don't want to know the answer to.
Hopefully if it goes on the current average of the SP to date this would work it out to be around 0.55 so nothing to worry about lol

BaconLover

Founding Member
As when they initially started selling the SP was sitting around 0.65 to 0.60
Check again Rocket.

The week before LDA deal came about SP was 88 cents.

SP now is 44.5 cents.

About 50% down in two months. Bitter truth, no matter how we try to paint it differently 30 million shares on the sell side over this period wasn't too much fun.

The other question to ask is with all these shares at their disposal are they playing both sides?

I completely understand and respect that personally some might find these questions offensive and won't like it, but this is a public forum.
DYOR.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
D

Deleted member 118

Check again Rocket.

SP now is 44.5 cents.

About 50% down. Bitter truth, no matter how we try to paint it differently 30 million shares on the sell side over this period wasn't too much fun.

The other question to ask is with all these shares at their disposal are they playing both sides?

I completely understand and respect that personally some might find these questions offensive and won't like it, but this is a public forum.
DYOR.
Even worse lol

Foxdog

Regular
Check again Rocket.

SP now is 44.5 cents.

About 50% down. Bitter truth, no matter how we try to paint it differently 30 million shares on the sell side over this period wasn't too much fun.

DYOR.
I think the only thing offensive is the 44.5c share price.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Shush. You can't say that, I personally don't like to see the current SP.

😂

• Love

Foxdog

Regular
Oh and the fact that the Motley Fool's commentary to date has probably saved the WANCAS from losing lots of money 🤔

• Thinking

BaconLover

Founding Member
Even worse lol
As to your question regarding floor price only insiders would know this, and there's no point in contacting anyone including Tony with these questions.

It's not like he's going to reveal anything outside of what we already know. Which I completely understand, some information should be private.

@Foxdog not just that, WANCAS made shit loads while we shit bricks.
All these talks about "shorters getting burned" is funny as they made money while we got burned.

As to the rest of wancas still holding shorts, days leading to the AGM would decide who would get BRNd.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Papacass

Regular
Check again Rocket.

SP now is 44.5 cents.

About 50% down in two months. Bitter truth, no matter how we try to paint it differently 30 million shares on the sell side over this period wasn't too much fun.

DYOR.
Hi Bacon
I normally just hang the main thread but I find this interesting and have a couple of questions.
1. I imagine before the latest LDA capital call there would have been discussions between BRN and LDA. Are you intimating that when the BRN share price was 80 odd cents BRN set a floor price of 40 odd cents with LDA? I would be fairly disappointed with BRN if that was the case.

2. If BRN actually set a higher floor then the only scenario I can come up with is that the 30million shares are being used as a LDA war chest to filter into the sell crashing the SP by around 50% and that they are scooping up cheap shares that they will cash in later when BRN finally gains traction. My understanding is they will lose money if they sell shares below the floor price. Like you said they are playing both sides. The upside is that they think the BRN SP will take off.

Anyway, I’m not the smartest tool in the shed and I hope I haven’t embarrassed myself. I’m still a heavily invested, confident LTH.

Cheers.
Onward.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Hi Bacon
I normally just hang the main thread but I find this interesting and have a couple of questions.
1. I imagine before the latest LDA capital call there would have been discussions between BRN and LDA. Are you intimating that when the BRN share price was 80 odd cents BRN set a floor price of 40 odd cents with LDA? I would be fairly disappointed with BRN if that was the case.

2. If BRN actually set a higher floor then the only scenario I can come up with is that the 30million shares are being used as a LDA war chest to filter into the sell crashing the SP by around 50% and that they are scooping up cheap shares that they will cash in later when BRN finally gains traction. My understanding is they will lose money if they sell shares below the floor price. Like you said they are playing both sides. The upside is that they think the BRN SP will take off.

Anyway, I’m not the smartest tool in the shed and I hope I haven’t embarrassed myself. I’m still a heavily invested, confident LTH.

Cheers.
Onward.

I really hope, that one day, we reach a stage on this forum where posters are not embarrassed to ask questions and they ask questions confidently and without fear.

Now, to answer your questions how I see things;

1) I am saying that the BRN share price was 80 odd cents 2 months ago, and it is now 44.5 cents. I do not know the floor price, neither will any of the shareholders is my belief. Reason being, last AGM in 2022 May, this question was asked to Ken, and his answer was (paraphrasing here) 'it was much higher than the current share price'.
Which means they did not want to disclose the floor price and it was confidential information between BRN and LDA.
So, no, I do not know what the floor price is, it could be 40 cents, it could be 50 or even 60 cents.
But the fact is SP is now 44.5 cents, so as Rocket said if the floor price is above and LDA isn't now selling then can we meet the CR target?

2) I do not know their strategy, but last time Doz checked the registry LDA held 9 million shares (this was a couple of weeks ago) so I don't think they are scooping up any cheap shares, because if they have been, then cheap shares would not have become cheaper shares. If an insto is buying, they do try to go under the radar and sometimes use dark pools to hide from the public, but eventually people will notice (especially those who get the data and other instos who can access this info) and they will try to join the party, but we have no evidence this is happening.

May be another big player saw the LDA deal and is now trying to take the opportunity to sell and make money.

Just like yourself, I am invested in BRN heavily too, and wants this to be a successful venture.

I do have a lot of patience, but I do get pissed off when management say things will happen ''imminently'' and ''very soon'' etc., and 12 months later we are still trying to get another signed deal.
My opinion is, if they know they have a while to go, they could simply not give false hope to investors by keeping the mouth closed. Just don't say things will happen imminently or along those lines.

PS: My target for all the duck alignment has been 2025 since I started investing in BRN, but I think after listening to a few interviews/podcasts I got the idea and was made to believe that it would happen sooner, aka imminently. I am now coming to realise that in semiconductor sector, that word probably means a couple of years.

PPS: Just to clarify, No, I am NOT shorting BRN, neither I am buying at these ''low'' prices, contrary to what a few insinuate that I have special interests, I have no other interest other than Brainchip making sales.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers,

Gross short's taken out daily , data taken from ASX.

1st June, 974,214 units
2nd , 839,913
5th, 3,109,244
6th, 7,909,193

Regards,
Esq.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users

db1969oz

Regular
Crazy amount yesterday! Do they know something we don’t?

Tezza

Regular
Doesn't bode well for the next few weeks

robsmark

Regular
Crazy amount yesterday! Do they know something we don’t?
Highly unlikely, they’re just making waves and playing the narrative

Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom