TLG Discussion 2022

cosors

👀
Raw Materials Summit 16.05.2024

(I skiped over all what is not MP, not enough time to go through entire video )

* Status
- approval for 150 from EIB, what is needed are offtakes
- Industry is doing offtakes in metals (lithium, cobald, etc)

* Talga is seeing a change in processes to improve offtakes w.r.t. graphite due to china policy
- ESG and environmental aspects important but what really drives decisions now is the cost disparity between what comes from china and what is available as a project that needs to be build locally.
- OEMs sourceing different regions at moment
- trying to do deals in europe is hard because of the cost disparity
- (i.e. what I suspected not so long ago here: https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/tlg-discussion-2022.7072/post-422532)

* CRMA
- if anything, it enhances the ability of china to come into europe (eh?)
- OEMs still maintain supply chains from china and other asian countries
- to bring anode from 95% china supply to 66% (and 33% omestic) is laughable, it cant be done at the moment
- CRMA will not make supply/demand adjustments
- unless there is a CO2 tax or some encentive to change the supply chain, its not going to happen
- case by case support for projects is not going to change that
- It will not move the neadle away from chinese supply chains to reduce it to 66%.

* FOEC (US tarrifes)
- US policiy has much more power and is more decisive than the EU work
- had impact on supply chain of US manufactorers

* Closing remarks
- Julia Polishcanova: "Do not dismiss Europe, finally regulation is an asset in europe rather than a problem" (picked that phrase up at the end)
- my thoughts: I like the regulation to not destroy nature, but the time in the appeals courts is ridiculous! Even just deciding whether you read the email with the appeals takes more time than the entire 200page initial report! WHAT THE HELL! This needs punnishment. Decision whether to accept appeals should not take more than a week. Processing appeals is a different matter but just the decision whether you want to listen to the appeal in the first place cant take that long. Its a steaming pile of BS. Lets see what Martin has to say.
- now mark:
- Urgency is needed.
- There needs to be a CO2 tax inside and at the boarder.
- There is a 6 year lag to build a project. And you cant speed it up, no matter what you do. Grants and incentives are not there to make a bad project a good one but to get the ball rolling in the first place.
- We (i.e. Talga) will be very competetive.
Thank you very much!
Clear words. I like MP!
I also have something for you over in the permits thread.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
What does "Tack for God's sake" mean...................?
"Tack" Is a term used in sailing when sailing upwind. You Tack every so often to continue going in a direction and not stray off course. In this context I took it as advice the municipal council to get back on track or the political winds will force them into the proverbial rocks.

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

mpk1980

A random question to the brainstrusts...

Has anyone seen documented stats of mAh/g Talnode-C can achieve?

Back in the day there was an announcement that it was able to achieve 20% more energy density than what was thought possible for a natural anode. Does anyone know if this is this still the case?

"Tack" Is a term used in sailing when sailing upwind. You Tack every so often to continue going in a direction and not stray off course. In this context I took it as advice the municipal council to get back on track or the political winds will force them into the proverbial rocks.
Yes I also had that thought as I also have a sailing background.

Likely it was also used by a crew member shouting..."Tack for God's sake"... at Dennis Connor on Liberty on 26 September 1983 as they watched Australia II sailing away.......................................LOL

Reactions: 4 users
I have this horrible feeling we are about to see another CR circa @$0.55 x 50M shares or enough to see us through until early 2025

Yes I also had that thought as I also have a sailing background.

Likely it was also used by a crew member shouting..."Tack for God's sake"... at Dennis Connor on Liberty on 26 September 1983 as they watched Australia II sailing away.......................................LOL
I'd like to read more about that if you have any good sites to reference. I didn't see anything about Dennis Connor when I looked up Australia II. I don't know much more than James Cook and Botany Bay when it comes to Australian Naval history.

I'd like to read more about that if you have any good sites to reference. I didn't see anything about Dennis Connor when I looked up Australia II. I don't know much more than James Cook and Botany Bay when it comes to Australian Naval history.
Dennis Connor was on Liberty

I'm just speculating about whether someone said it to him:)

Could someone who also posts over at HC please do them a favour as they are still babbling on in complete ignorance as to the matters below. People like Nuttee are also doing my head in

@Gero @Gvan @DAH @mpk1980 @JNRB

Could someone please Copy & Paste the below to HC so as to fill the gaps in their knowledge.

a) The Appeal didn't even get allocated to a Judge until around 8 December because the Antis' documents were not finalised until then and they had been given another extension. We know this from the SC Case Log

b) According to the Supreme Court's own yearbook it takes up to 4 months for just 50% of requests for Appeal to be heard and determined
( i.e. the Median time is 4 months) and all others (like TLG which is voluminous) take longer than 4 months. The 3 or 4 month average sprouted by the Supreme Court on their webpage is utter bullshit. It might relate to just over half of the case load but who knows
Page 47 of this https://www.domstol.se/globalassets...rksamhetsberattelser/2022-activity-report.pdf

c) Our Letter Requesting Special Treatment was immediately rejected on 8 May as per the Court Log and given b) above that is not surprising

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Semmel

Regular
T
Could someone who also posts over at HC please do them a favour as they are still babbling on in complete ignorance as to the matters below. People like Nuttee are also doing my head in

Could someone please Copy & Paste the below to HC so as to fill the gaps in their knowledge.

a) The Appeal didn't even get allocated to a Judge until around 8 December because the Antis' documents were not finalised until then and they had been given another extension. We know this from the SC Case Log

b) According to the Supreme Court's own yearbook it takes up to 4 months for just 50% of requests for Appeal to be heard and determined
( i.e. the Median time is 4 months) and all others (like TLG which is voluminous) take longer than 4 months. The 3 or 4 month average sprouted by the Supreme Court on their webpage is utter bullshit. It might relate to just over half of the case load but who knows
Page 47 of this https://www.domstol.se/globalassets...rksamhetsberattelser/2022-activity-report.pdf

c) Our Letter Requesting Special Treatment was immediately rejected on 8 May as per the Court Log and given b) above that is not surprising

I still have an account but I'm not going to wade in that garbage dump. The relevant people read here too. I don't see a reason to tell them.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
T

I still have an account but I'm not going to wade in that garbage dump. The relevant people read here too. I don't see a reason to tell them.
I do as there are some decent contributors on there but their posts are often crowded out by crap that they should already know

• Love

JNRB

Regular

I chucked it up. Good summary of dates.
did add a few of my own comments though:

That all being said, few comments from me:
Timelines are still utterly atrocious. Even politicians there now are starting to comment on how ridiculous it is.

If the median time is 4 months, that doesn't mean the expected wait time is 0-8 months. If applications are processed more or less in order then it's absurd to think that some are processed as soon as they're submitted while others aren't even looked at for more than half a year. That would require an application be submitted at a point in time where there was no prior backlog, which we clearly know is not the case.

If the average processing time is 4 months, then I would assume it's something like at least a 1 month minimum. So more realistically then the a 4 month average processing time should be maybe somewhere from 1-7 months. I would speculate less, I don't think it's reasonable to have a 6 month difference in the time to have your application processed. Remember: This is NOT the appeal, this is just checking whether or not it deserves to be heard on appeal.

• Love
I chucked it up. Good summary of dates.
did add a few of my own comments though:
Thanks it might calm them down a bit. Otherwise panic will fill the vacuum

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

JNRB

Regular
Thanks it might calm them down a bit. Otherwise panic will fill the vacuum
I'm super frustrated because due to personal reasons I've had to sell a chunk. And I got a lot less for it than I should have thanks to sami NIMBY wankers and a dysfunctional judicial system in an aparentlt first-world democracy.

But really, nothing to panic about. Every webinar I come away feeling even more positive about the companies prospects. People don't realist that what we're all sooo excited by now is barely an appetiser compared to what's to come. Even MT has finally let go of any pretence that scaling should be at all modest - he's 100% ready to let 'er rip. 100ktpa be damned we're going BIG.

Add to that, talnode Si, recycling, other graphite products, next gen products, process licensing... and then as far as mining is concerned let's not forget legislation is moving in our favour.

It sucks massively right now and for stupid reasons. But bigger picture nothing but upsides.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

JoMo68

Regular
Wow, being slammed at the moment!! Working hard to maintain a sense of calm 😳 I still firmly believe we’ll be ok in the end, but boy it’s been a bumpy ride! Patience is clearly a virtue!!!

• Love
Wow, being slammed at the moment!! Working hard to maintain a sense of calm 😳 I still firmly believe we’ll be ok in the end, but boy it’s been a bumpy ride! Patience is clearly a virtue!!!
Yeah it is very difficult to remain calm but I think there is a strong whiff of another CR in the air. But I think it will bounce back this afternoon once day traders exit as usual on a Friday

robert eggers patience GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
This ASX Announcement today I think was completely unnecessary.

And before anyone screams ...........

But what about continuous disclosure rules ?

Why release an Interim Report that has this disclaimer in the middle of it.

There is a low level of geological confidence associated with Inferred mineral resources and there is no certainty that further exploration work will result in the determination of Indicated mineral resources or that the production target itself will be realised.

Last edited:
agree I see absolutely no need to release this. feels like an unforced error

glad I sold down most of mine over the last week. will jump back on if the cap raise terms are favourable.

JNRB

Regular
This ASX Announcement today I think was completely unnecessary.

And before anyone screams ...........

But what about continuous disclosure rules ?

Why release an Interim Report that has this disclaimer in the middle of it.

There is a low level of geological confidence associated with Inferred mineral resources and there is no certainty that further exploration work will result in the determination of Indicated mineral resources or that the production target itself will be realised.
MT was just trying to back me up on my previous post 😉

Jokes aside though, they do still need to report this, disclaimer or not. A report was produced that represents a major change in strategy. Yes it had been hinted at verbally but not yet formally, so they could not sit on it and wait till they feel like releasing something.

Anything we announce that isn't a permit will be used by shorter to push down, just the way it happens. Plus getting close to tax-loss selling

BigDog

Regular
Yeah it is very difficult to remain calm but I think there is a strong whiff of another CR in the air. But I think it will bounce back this afternoon once day traders exit as usual on a Friday

robert eggers patience GIF
Hey WTM, what makes you think there is a CR coming soon? It was less than a months ago at the most recent investor webinar that MT stated we were looking good for cash (for now) as they planned on progressing somewhat leaner in the spend side.

Absolutely a CR will come if the SC doesn’t pull their entire forearm (including knuckles and all fingers) out in the next few months however I was of the “impression” we had a few more months reserve up our sleeves.

Just curious as to why you think the CR will possibly happen so soon?

Either way as I have stated before, a CR at ~50c with 40m-50m shares dilluted is still sweet FA in the scheme of things considering how close we are to major announcements following a positive SC outcome.

Nowhere on the ASX will we find a company with so much upside (should the SC outcome be favorable) and so close to that being realized that only has >400m share in offer.

🤞🏼

BigDog

Regular
Hey WTM, what makes you think there is a CR coming soon? It was less than a months ago at the most recent investor webinar that MT stated we were looking good for cash (for now) as they planned on progressing somewhat leaner in the spend side.

Absolutely a CR will come if the SC doesn’t pull their entire forearm (including knuckles and all fingers) out in the next few months however I was of the “impression” we had a few more months reserve up our sleeves.

Just curious as to why you think the CR will possibly happen so soon?

Either way as I have stated before, a CR at ~50c with 40m-50m shares dilluted is still sweet FA in the scheme of things considering how close we are to major announcements following a positive SC outcome.

Nowhere on the ASX will we find a company with so much upside (should the SC outcome be favorable) and so close to that being realized that only has >400m share in offer.

🤞🏼
Sorry <400m shares of offer…..

Top Bottom