TLG Ann: Talga Presentation at Euroz Hartleys Investor Conference - 7th Mar 2023, 3:46pm

annb0t

Top 20
TLG Ann: Talga Presentation at Euroz Hartleys Investor Conference
Price Sensitive: N
Date: 7th Mar 2023, 3:46pm

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

Page 19............

"Active interaction with EU - Swedish legislators and industry bodies to raise visibility and strategic benefits of Talga project"

I can only read that one way. If the permits are not granted then the Government will step in.

Reactions: 8 users

Affenhorst

Regular
Page 19............

"Active interaction with EU - Swedish legislators and industry bodies to raise visibility and strategic benefits of Talga project"

I can only read that one way. If the permits are not granted then the Government will step in.
I want to believe. But what is the government supposed to do? What overriding actions can they employ? You would expect that they need to respect the court's decision and uphold the rule of law. All I can see (from my uninformed viewpoint) is that they create new laws that will have to pass through the long legislative process before anything happens way too late. It's also unlikely that they interfere with the court's decision making, as we expect a separation of the judiciary and the legislative. All I hope for, is that the court is aware of the stakes and higher interests and will include those concerns in their decision process.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

JNRB

Regular
I want to believe. But what is the government supposed to do? What overriding actions can they employ? You would expect that they need to respect the court's decision and uphold the rule of law. All I can see (from my uninformed viewpoint) is that they create new laws that will have to pass through the long legislative process before anything happens way too late. It's also unlikely that they interfer with the court's decision making, as we expect a separation of the judiciary and the legislative. All I hope for, is that the court is aware of the stakes and higher interests and will include those concerns in their decision process.

"...uphold the rule of law

The rule of law absolutely allows for higher level courts / institutions to step in and override the decisions/actions of lower ones. And changes to EU law are only going to make that even easier WRT critical minerals.

Local courts know this. Not that they should have any reason to be hesitant granting Talga's permits, but they IMO will be less likely to make a decision they see as being probably overturned higher up the chain anyway. They may not be able to use national strategic importance as an excuse at that level to 100% guarantee approval, but it's entirely appropriate for them to still be factoring it in to their decision.

Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
"Talnode®-Si Silicon Anode

- Talnode®-Si is a Graphene-silicon composite undergoing qualification and testing with numerous customers

- Composite contains ~50% Si and can be ‘dropped in’ to existing commercial anodes

- German Talnode®-Si pilot plant expanding production (commissioning in Q1 2023)

- Feasibility studies underway to fast-track commercial options as result of positive negotiations with global customers

- Commercial production site location selection underway"

Reads interesting!
I had already thought about the last point. The current hall in Rudolstadt is too small.

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
"...uphold the rule of law

The rule of law absolutely allows for higher level courts / institutions to step in and override the decisions/actions of lower ones. And changes to EU law are only going to make that even easier WRT critical minerals.

Local courts know this. Not that they should have any reason to be hesitant granting Talga's permits, but they IMO will be less likely to make a decision they see as being probably overturned higher up the chain anyway. They may not be able to use national strategic importance as an excuse at that level to 100% guarantee approval, but it's entirely appropriate for them to still be factoring it in to their decision.
I see it that way, too. It is a question of political will. And that is a given. And there are examples that show that it is only a question of the will of the government or politics, as the examples of Kallak and Cementa show.

Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom