TLG Ann: Talga Investor Webinar Recording - 4th Nov 2022, 4:01pm

annb0t

Top 20
TLG Ann: Talga Investor Webinar Recording
Price Sensitive: N
Date: 4th Nov 2022, 4:01pm

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

Here it is Guys & Gals.......................

Excited Monkey GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ACinEur

Regular
Nice ⬆️ in the SP since this as well … happy weekend everyone

Reactions: 2 users

Mongoose66

Emerged
Well done Mark, well worth a listen

• Fire

Semmel

Regular
Finally were able to listen to it yesterday. Not making a point-by-point summary this time, too many other things to do. But there are 3 aspects I want to grab out:
  • Talnode-Si is picking up speed. That is very nice to see :) So they are expanding Rudolstadt to increase its production, despite the current facilities being in the UK if I remember correctly. That would imply there is some German customer in the front running seat. Also it appears to be a different one than ACC.
  • They are using part of the 32M AUD they got from the share offering to expand the production capacity of the EVA plant. So its.. becoming more of a precursor production facility rather than a qualification facility. Lets see how far they can come in terms of Talnode-C tpa.
  • Marks ambitions towards 2030-ish seem quite conservative. I was hoping to have him say he wants to expand as much as possible given the current market would do anything for more product. His responds was rather Niska production for sure and maaaaayyyybe something more beyond that. Dude.. thats... way too whimsy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

TentCity

Regular
Finally were able to listen to it yesterday. Not making a point-by-point summary this time, too many other things to do. But there are 3 aspects I want to grab out:
  • Talnode-Si is picking up speed. That is very nice to see :) So they are expanding Rudolstadt to increase its production, despite the current facilities being in the UK if I remember correctly. That would imply there is some German customer in the front running seat. Also it appears to be a different one than ACC.
  • They are using part of the 32M AUD they got from the share offering to expand the production capacity of the EVA plant. So its.. becoming more of a precursor production facility rather than a qualification facility. Lets see how far they can come in terms of Talnode-C tpa.
  • Marks ambitions towards 2030-ish seem quite conservative. I was hoping to have him say he wants to expand as much as possible given the current market would do anything for more product. His responds was rather Niska production for sure and maaaaayyyybe something more beyond that. Dude.. thats... way too whimsy.
I think we have disagreed on this point previously, but I think Mark is very prudent at this particular point not to speculate on how large he wants the project to grow by 2030. Privately and at the Board level, I’m sure it is much larger than what he said on the webinar, but the company is treading a delicate tightrope with the Sami people and other activitists to get this mine approved on the basis of its small size/environmental footprint.

It is unnecessary at this point in time - so close to permits being decided to fuel their concerns and potentially create additional resistance based on a 2030 projection rather than the 100,000tpa of ore that is currently up for approval.

If Talga can prove its good environmental stewardship and as demand for anodes continue to grow, hopefully the pollitical and social will for the project to grow will become easier.

Let’s just get this first stage approved first!

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
I think we have disagreed on this point previously, but I think Mark is very prudent at this particular point not to speculate on how large he wants the project to grow by 2030. Privately and at the Board level, I’m sure it is much larger than what he said on the webinar, but the company is treading a delicate tightrope with the Sami people and other activitists to get this mine approved on the basis of its small size/environmental footprint.

It is unnecessary at this point in time - so close to permits being decided to fuel their concerns and potentially create additional resistance based on a 2030 projection rather than the 100,000tpa of ore that is currently up for approval.

If Talga can prove its good environmental stewardship and as demand for anodes continue to grow, hopefully the pollitical and social will for the project to grow will become easier.

Exactly my thoughts. Mark does not want to be seen as getting too cocky with predictions. Get the 19,500 first then go from there.

Reactions: 6 users

Semmel

Regular
Exactly my thoughts. Mark does not want to be seen as getting too cocky with predictions. Get the 19,500 first then go from there.

I want to believe this too. Which is why thats a dangerous prospect for me, it might be that I am seeing things I want to see. Your argument makes total sense obviously and I think I expressed something similar in the past as well. Anyhow, I will be careful with confirmation bias.

Reactions: 6 users

DAH

Regular
I want to believe this too. Which is why thats a dangerous prospect for me, it might be that I am seeing things I want to see. Your argument makes total sense obviously and I think I expressed something similar in the past as well. Anyhow, I will be careful with confirmation bias.
IMO MT very much put his diplomat hat on to answer the question. Nothing to gain but much to lose. Prior cap raise money (dilution that MT tries to avoid) has been used to assess greater resource reserves. No reason to do this if much bigger numbers weren't being eyed off (and likely requested by customers). And MT recently stated that once upon a time numbers were guessed based on customer demand, and that this had now been flipped on its head and it was very much about what the resource can offer.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

JNRB

Regular
I agree with all of this. I was also dissatisfied with how muted his description of long-term vision was.
But then I think back to less "managed" statements from Mark in other interviews, his unbridled enthusiasm for the project, and the fact they're still drilling out the resource, and I'm quietly confident they're making plans in the background for going MUCH larger.

I'll even go so far as to throw out a moral obligation argument. We own a resource (and technology) that can significantly contribute to the green energy transition. We have a moral obligation to use it to contribute as much towards that goal as we possibly can.
(And if it makes us shit tons of money along the way we'll then I guess that's ok too 🙂 )

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
I agree with all of this. I was also dissatisfied with how muted his description of long-term vision was.
But then I think back to less "managed" statements from Mark in other interviews, his unbridled enthusiasm for the project, and the fact they're still drilling out the resource, and I'm quietly confident they're making plans in the background for going MUCH larger.

I'll even go so far as to throw out a moral obligation argument. We own a resource (and technology) that can significantly contribute to the green energy transition. We have a moral obligation to use it to contribute as much towards that goal as we possibly can.
(And if it makes us shit tons of money along the way we'll then I guess that's ok too 🙂 )
Unfortunately I cannot write here what I think in detail because it can be read by everyone. I agree with the above points and go on to say that it has become a kind of maxim to concentrate fully on this one goal of NS.

Last edited:

Micreg

Regular
Unfortunately I cannot write here what I think in detail because it can be read by everyone. I agree with the above points and go on to say that it has become a kind of maxim to concentrate fully on this one goal of NS. MP explained this ~policy 1:1 in an interview on the site.
Who is MP?

Last edited:

Vigdorian

Regular
Who is MP?
Niska , Martin Philips or was that question rhetorical in which case I’ll blame my lack of Red Bull this morning

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Micreg

Regular
Niska , Martin Philips or was that question rhetorical in which case I’ll blame my lack of Red Bull this morning
I’m fixated on MT. I was thrown by MP. All sorted.

• Haha

cosors

👀
Unfortunately I cannot write here what I think in detail because it can be read by everyone. I agree with the above points and go on to say that it has become a kind of maxim to concentrate fully on this one goal of NS. MP explained this ~policy 1:1 in an interview on the site.
I would like to add: Their plan against this world-climate-protecting measure is not working. Everything follows as the board plans. That is my assessment. I am therefore calm and now waiting for Talga and ACC to reach a binding agreement soon.

Last edited:

Affenhorst

Regular
So I just now listened to this and there are some juicy bits in there, but they are hidden behind very careful and guarded language. Check out the first question at 23:50 and listen carefully:

What he is saying here is basically that they will have greater initial output than what is stated in the DFS, so more than 20 ktpa. They can pull forward into the present future output allocation, which can later be compensated for with further expansion(s). I assume that the same game can be played with Niska and a subsequent expansion. This is exciting, it means significantly greater ramp within the framework of the current permit applications. He cannot spell it out now, be he will at a later point in time.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom