TLG Ann: Talga Investor Webinar - 18th May 2023, 5:59pm

annb0t

Top 20
TLG Ann: Talga Investor Webinar
Price Sensitive: N
Date: 18th May 2023, 5:59pm

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

When the planned approval process was outlined in the last two webinars, both the management itself and most of us probably assumed that all open questions regarding the approvals for the mine and the anode factory would be off the table by May 2023 - it's a shame that we still don't have any clarity here...

Nevertheless, I have sent Talga another colourful mishmash of questions for the webinar and I am curious what insights Mark will be able to give us next week.
  • Can you provide an overview of the permit applications you have already submitted or will submit shortly for the Niska extension and the expected timescales for approval? Can you give an overview of your planned timetable for the next 2-3 years (slide has been removed from your slide deck a while ago)?
  • With how many other clients besides ACC or Verkor are you working on an offtake agreement (see wording in your quarterly report: "Talga is currently in advanced negotiations with a range of European and global battery makers, including, as previously announced, French battery makers ACC and Verkor")? What is the status of previously disclosed potential clients (Freyr, Long Time Technology etc.)? When do you intend to finalise the contract negotiations?
  • In October 2022, you announced that you intended to conclude a contract with ACC within two months. It took you four times longer and the contract is still not closed. What makes the negotiations so prolonged and what is still the stumbling block?
  • The United States and the EU seem to have agreed that European companies can benefit from IRA loans, grants and subsidies. Can you describe how you expect Talga to benefit directly and indirectly from this, and does this development have a direct impact on business decisions you're about to make?
  • When EU formulated their targets regarding raw material mining and anode production in EU (10% of mining / 40 % of refining should take place within Europe), have you been consulted by them before hand?
  • It seems like graphite is the element in Lithium-Ion-Batteries that has the least chance to be recycable. So from an sustainability perspective it makes sense for the industry to reduce or replace the elements that can't be recycled, and therefor solid-state batteries seem to be a huge step forward (also because of safety and performance issues). Isn't that an issue from your point of view?
  • Do you expect Asian players to expand their anode production into EU and US? Are there any public plans except the Chinese group Putailai who plans to build Europe’s largest anode factory in Sweden?
  • Can you provide industry insights regarding current and future market size of graphene-related products and Talga's current and expected share of it?
  • Why do you focus on EV related batteries instead of other battery-related products?
  • Are you actively working on graphene batteries or sodium ion batteries? Why, why not?
  • Are you thinking of making acquisitions and expanding your portfolio?
However I forgot to ask about more insight regarding Mark's final comment at the RIU event ("...we've also got some exciting new ideas for how to faster ramp up production in future...") and the reason for the resolutions pushed at the recent General Meeting.

As usual, I am very much looking forward to it and to the subsequent discussions here. See you next week.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom