annb0t

Top 20
TLG Ann: Drilling Uncovers Niska Link Graphite
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 6th Jul 2022, 8:23am

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
More boring high grade graphite linking other boring high grade areas of graphite.;)

I thought Talga first listed on the ASX as a gold miner :)

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF by chuber channel

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
More boring high grade graphite linking other boring high grade areas of graphite.;)

I thought Talga first listed on the ASX as a gold miner :)

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF by chuber channel
I understand your boredom of beating the own records over and over again. Meanwhile, the highest concentration is 46%! Crazy...
Apart from that, the report says that all figures are JORC compliant. I'm not the only one wondering if there will be another JORC report or if it will stay with these reports. And how long the creation of such a report needs approximately. It may be that the question is naive. But you know the mining business for a long time. Do you have an answer? Would be very pleased!

I understand your boredom of beating the own records over and over again. Meanwhile, the highest concentration is 46%! Crazy...
Apart from that, the report says that all figures are JORC compliant. I'm not the only one wondering if there will be another JORC report or if it will stay with these reports. And how long the creation of such a report needs approximately. It may be that the question is naive. But you know the mining business for a long time. Do you have an answer? Would be very pleased!
I think JORC first came in around 2005. But in my time in gold mining it took around 2 months for our geologists to put together a comprehensive resource statement. But that was way back when this was a hit and computer power was in its infancy

• Haha

Semmel

Regular
I think JORC first came in around 2005. But in my time in gold mining it took around 2 months for our geologists to put together a comprehensive resource statement. But that was way back when this was a hit and computer power was in its infancy

Computers have made things waaayy easier that's for sure, but burocracy has made things waaayy slower as well. Question for me sis, do we even get a separate document from these statements? Talga has released the Ressource update a month ago, was this already a JORC report? I don't know how to recognize it if it hits me on the head...

Computers have made things waaayy easier that's for sure, but burocracy has made things waaayy slower as well. Question for me sis, do we even get a separate document from these statements? Talga has released the Ressource update a month ago, was this already a JORC report? I don't know how to recognize it if it hits me on the head...
JORC is a set of rules. If it has been compiled in accordance it would say so in the fine print

Your answer is on Page 10

27 May 2022

Talga’s battery anode growth ambitions boosted with 54% graphite resource increase

Notes: 1. All Mineral Resources have been reported in accordance with the 2012 JORC Code reporting guidelines. 2. Mineral Resources are reported within preliminary pit shells and above a cut-off grade of 10% Cg. 3. Mineral Resources that are not Mineral Reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability. 4. Average bulk density is 2.64 t/m3 . 5. Numbers may not add due to rounding.

Reactions: 1 users
MT's approach is fantastic. Step by step he proves up the resource making it irresistable whilst he awaits permitting. No time wasted.

It might be $$$$ spent when it does not strictly need to be now............... but it is money well spent

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
JORC is a set of rules. If it has been compiled in accordance it would say so in the fine print

Your answer is on Page 10

27 May 2022

Talga’s battery anode growth ambitions boosted with 54% graphite resource increase

Notes: 1. All Mineral Resources have been reported in accordance with the 2012 JORC Code reporting guidelines. 2. Mineral Resources are reported within preliminary pit shells and above a cut-off grade of 10% Cg. 3. Mineral Resources that are not Mineral Reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability. 4. Average bulk density is 2.64 t/m3 . 5. Numbers may not add due to rounding.

So the ressource update according to JORC rules does not require a third party to approve the statement? A year ago, I dug myself through the JORC code to understand whats up with it and I get it that its a set of rules how to report mineral reserves. But what I dont know is, if there is some organization that reviews your work before it becomes "real".

Affenhorst

Regular
Talga has already stated that we will get another (JORC compliant) resource upgrade by the end of the year once all drilling is done and analysed.

Semmel

Regular
Talga has already stated that we will get another (JORC compliant) resource upgrade by the end of the year once all drilling is done and analysed.
I know, but what counts as a JORC compliment resource upgrade? Is this a statement solely by talga without engaging third party reviews or is this something else? I just want to understand the process.

Micreg

Regular
I know, but what counts as a JORC compliment resource upgrade? Is this a statement solely by talga without engaging third party reviews or is this something else? I just want to understand the process.
Hi Semmel - JORC compliance is an Australia/Australasian reporting compliance system. Talga must comply as an Australian-owned and ASX-listed compay, even though our resource is in Europe. You will find some useful details here:

Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
Hi Semmel - JORC compliance is an Australia/Australasian reporting compliance system. Talga must comply as an Australian-owned and ASX-listed compay, even though our resource is in Europe. You will find some useful details here:
I have read through the JORC code document last year. I cant say I understood everything in it but at least I can say I know roughly what it means to be JORC complaint. It seems my question doesnt make any sense to you, so I guess the answer than is: there is no third party review process. To summarize my current understanding then:

1. A JORC compliant resource update can be issued by any "competent person"
2. A JORC compliant resource update has to follow defined terminology and standards, defined in the JORC code.
3. There is no review process of JORC compliant reports
4. Since at least some of Talgas empoloyees have the "competent person" status, they are in complete control of this update and do not depend on any outside party once the drilling results are available.

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
I now suspect that we already have the fabulous JORC reports. I've looked at a few others and they all look and are structured similarly and the reference to the last valid status 2012 as for an ISO standard. At the end there is always a table with the requirements and definitions.

My error started from HC and what was written there. I thought the "final" report would be received differently and the SP would increase significantly. But if we are already perceived as the top in the world 💪 then maybe all this is already priced in. I assume that the reports will be combined into one and updated and then the individual ore bodies will be declared as JORC resources. But this is all just a total layman's assumption.

anbuck

Regular
What is Talga's motivation for spending money to drill to expand the resource right now? Why not wait to spend money on it until closer to when they'd be ready to extract it. The only reasons I can think of are that they're trying to raise the stock price prior to a JV agreement or are planning on applying for a permit for a huge amount of graphite earlier than expected.

Semmel

Regular
What is Talga's motivation for spending money to drill to expand the resource right now? Why not wait to spend money on it until closer to when they'd be ready to extract it. The only reasons I can think of are that they're trying to raise the stock price prior to a JV agreement or are planning on applying for a permit for a huge amount of graphite earlier than expected.
My impression is, they have so much demand, they might increase the Niska expansion from ~80ktpa anode to something higher

Affenhorst

Regular
There will be a new feasibility study for something larger than the Niska scoping study. This is to fulfill customer demand.

Rayster

Emerged
Before an OEM’s procurement signs an offtake for 10-15years they will want assurances that it is actually in the ground. These guys are planning that far ahead and we have to show we can for fill the order. And these orders in 15 years will be much much greater than they are looking at for the coming years.

anbuck

Regular
Before an OEM’s procurement signs an offtake for 10-15years they will want assurances that it is actually in the ground. These guys are planning that far ahead and we have to show we can for fill the order. And these orders in 15 years will be much much greater than they are looking at for the coming years.
I didn't realize that companies would be willing to sign offtakes for graphite that hadn't been tested by them. It seems like graphite from Niska link for example could be of different quality, for example.

Affenhorst

Regular
I didn't realize that companies would be willing to sign offtakes for graphite that hadn't been tested by them. It seems like graphite from Niska link for example could be of different quality, for example.
Nah, it's not different. It was made through the same process from the same pool of organic sediment. It's basically one long more or less continuous deposit that has been folded in funny ways.

Also, keep in mind that customers don't buy graphite, they buy anode. Anode is an engineered product that allows for some adjustments.

Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom