Talga UPDATES thread

Semmel

Regular
Completion of Vittangi Anode Project FEED Study delivers strong results

Battery materials and technology company Talga Group Ltd (“Talga” or “the Company”) (ASX:TLG)
is pleased to announce the completion of the front-end engineering and design (“FEED”) for its
integrated Vittangi Anode Project (“Project”), located in northern Sweden. Highlights include:

• Optimised equipment and process design reduces the number of purification and anode production
lines required at the Refinery, reducing the building footprint and improving energy needs
• Anode production process configured and qualified to customer requirements, facilitating battery
maker and automotive OEM offtake negotiations
• Positive update to capital expenditure to a total of €560m (excluding €39m contingency) amid
inflationary macro environment
• Identified near term initial Refinery capacity expansion opportunity subject to further technical and
commercial work underway

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

JNRB

Regular
only bit I care about.
mmm some extra Talnode -Si sounds good.
1713181785548.png

Reactions: 5 users
1713770395824.png

I submitted some questions to Mark:

1. It would be amazing if Mark could address Bell Potter's latest broker research report and comment on what parts of the analysis he agrees with and where he thinks Bell Potter's assumptions are too positive or too defensive.
  2. Do you expect to be able to generate significant revenues with Talnode-SI, even if you cannot use your own graphite for this, or are the two interlinked? If the former, why are you apparently not pushing ahead with it, but waiting for approval of the graphite mine?
  3. 1.5 years ago you signed letters of intent with ACC and Verkor, so you should be in agreement regarding an arrangement for a future offtake agreement. Why is it not possible to produce the maximum output of anode material in your EVA facility and sell it to ACC, Verkor or other interested parties and thus cover at least a large part of the running costs?
  4. If the Supreme Court makes a positive decision and the permit for the mine is granted, can we finally get started, or do we have to wait until the municipality also adopts its local plan? Do you assume that there will be additional resistance from the population (Samis; concerned citizens; people who want to benefit financally)?
  5. How many months will it take to reach first production and full production? Is 2026 still realistic for both if we get the go by August 2024, or will all the delays lead to a later start? What are your further expansion plans (timing, scale)?

Reactions: 7 users
How many months will it take to reach first production and full production? Is 2026 still realistic for both if we get the go by August 2024, or will all the delays lead to a later start?

Good luck getting an answer to this. I've asked the same question regarding time to full production in every webinar Q&A for at least a year. All very well announcing 18-24 months to first production, but the company has been very vague about how much qualification time needed for the full plant and how long the ramp-up phase is to get to 19500tpa run rate. I suspect it will be ignored again this time sadly.

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀

"UBS Group Acquires Significant Stake in Talga Group​

TipRanks Australian Newsdesk

Apr 26, 2024, 10:38 AM
Talga Group Ltd. (AU:TLG) has released an update.

UBS Group AG has become a substantial holder in Talga Group Ltd, with a 5.21% voting power through various entities engaged in stock borrowing and lending activities as well as fund management. The shares are held across multiple custodians and nominees, with Credit Suisse Funds AG being one of the substantial shareholders. The detailed consideration for these holdings, acquired over the past four months, can be found in an appendix to the notice."

Their 'activities' are not new.
The page is somewhat offensive and asks you to register after a few seconds. But I can't find any more on the subject there.

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀

"UBS Group Acquires Significant Stake in Talga Group​

Apr 26, 2024, 10:38 AM
Talga Group Ltd. (AU:TLG) has released an update.

UBS Group AG has become a substantial holder in Talga Group Ltd, with a 5.21% voting power through various entities engaged in stock borrowing and lending activities as well as fund management. The shares are held across multiple custodians and nominees, with Credit Suisse Funds AG being one of the substantial shareholders. The detailed consideration for these holdings, acquired over the past four months, can be found in an appendix to the notice."

Their 'activities' are not new.
The page is somewhat offensive and asks you to register after a few seconds. But I can't find any more on the subject there.
As long as it doesn't keep hovering around 5% like with the shorter and WBT and the mandatory notifications, it would still be tolerable for me.

Diogenese

Top 20
As long as it doesn't keep hovering around 5% like with the shorter and WBT and the mandatory notifications, it would still be tolerable for me.
Does UBS have an inside line to the Swedish courts?

• Haha

cosors

👀
Does UBS have an inside line to the Swedish courts?
At least with UBS we can assume that if they are serious and not short sighted, they will never ever go bankrupt. Like the fund recently that sold off Talga shares en masse, presumably triggering the erosion of the SP.

Top Bottom