Media

Semmel

Regular
Curious how others interpret what Maros Sefcovic says here at 26m30secs.

Could be construed that first tranche of Strategic Projects could be identified before December?

View attachment 63783

Ohh wow, Interesting. Should have listened to it whole. Given how well talga always has it's ducks in a row, I bet they are first in line for this one.

Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀

Could be construed that first tranche of Strategic Projects could be identified before December?

View attachment 63783

I wonder if the statement from the FEED Study refers to the CRMA Strategic Projects and Talga has already submitted an application.

Talga is also progressing a range of prospective equity funding options in line with its financing strategy. This includes potential strategic investors, as well as application for ~ €70m in EU grant funding, currently under consideration.
PDF

I think one of the three also said that Talga is an ideal candidate for these strategic projects. I can only vaguely remember this, but I am absolutely sure, as I thought exactly the same thing when I first read about it.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

DAH

Regular

View attachment 63783

Hi Dan,

I took the 2 weeks reference as being when their board will kick into action (not start announcing projects). They seem to have a pretty clear timeline culminating in nominations announced in Dec.

I'd of course love to be wrong! And no doubt they'd already have some firm project candidates (Vittangi being one). Here's hoping...

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Token35

Would be nice to have a little bit of TLG anode pop up here....
Scherm_afbeelding 2024-06-11 om 15.43.42.png

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Would be nice to have a little bit of TLG anode pop up here....
View attachment 64674
Yes, but think about that Ford is more economical or stingier than others. They turn a penny until it's a wire.
I know the Ford plants here in Cologne and Saarlouis. Or a friend has also this impression. He had developed wiring harnesses for them. They've coated copper with aluminium to save that little bit of copper costs.
Just as an example.
Talga can't really earn any money with them.

Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
I am not a chemist, but I have a bad feeling with the durability of aluminium and copper compounds alone. Only to safe costs...
I think of Talga more in the upper mid-range and upper class.

Reactions: 3 users

Manual

Fluoro shared this untranslated link on hotcrapper today. Ive translated and attach for our forum discussion (with special thanks to Cosors and Semmel for all your contributions & thoughts and analyses respectively)...

Department of Thematic Studies Campus Norrköping

"Vittangi saves the world"

Five actors' perspectives on justice conflicts and critical raw materials

Lina Swartling and Amanda Axelsson

C-thesis from the Environmental Science Programme, 2024​

Linköping University, Campus Norrköping, 601 74 Norrköping

Abstract

This study aims to shed light on the perspectives of social actors regarding the mining of critical raw materials in connection with climate change. The study examines how social actors highlight the effects of a possible future mine establishment in the village of Vittangi in northern Sweden. Through semi-structured interviews with five social actors, in combination with a thematic analysis, various justice conflicts have been investigated to create insight and to provide a nuanced critical perspective. The analysis of the result has been based on the theory of environmental justice and demonstrates the majority of goal conflicts that arose in connection with the potential mine establishment in Vittangi. The conclusions clarify conflicts of interest and are based on how they affect the actors, which makes the perspectives visible on the mining of critical raw materials as part of the climate transition.

Attachments

• FULLTEXT01_ENG.pdf
    672.3 KB · Views: 21
  • FULLTEXT01.pdf
    792.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Fluoro shared this untranslated link on hotcrapper today. Ive translated and attach for our forum discussion (with special thanks to Cosors and Semmel for all your contributions & thoughts and analyses respectively)...

Department of Thematic Studies Campus Norrköping

"Vittangi saves the world"

Five actors' perspectives on justice conflicts and critical raw materials

Lina Swartling and Amanda Axelsson

C-thesis from the Environmental Science Programme, 2024​

Linköping University, Campus Norrköping, 601 74 Norrköping

Abstract

This study aims to shed light on the perspectives of social actors regarding the mining of critical raw materials in connection with climate change. The study examines how social actors highlight the effects of a possible future mine establishment in the village of Vittangi in northern Sweden. Through semi-structured interviews with five social actors, in combination with a thematic analysis, various justice conflicts have been investigated to create insight and to provide a nuanced critical perspective. The analysis of the result has been based on the theory of environmental justice and demonstrates the majority of goal conflicts that arose in connection with the potential mine establishment in Vittangi. The conclusions clarify conflicts of interest and are based on how they affect the actors, which makes the perspectives visible on the mining of critical raw materials as part of the climate transition.
Thanks for posting this study for us and thanks to Fluoro too of course. Maybe one of the authors?
I had to smile a little when I read the term NIMBY a lot.
I will take the time to read this study as I would like to know whether the advantages or pros have been analysed transparently and completely. At first glance, there is very limited coverage of these issues and the environmental analysis is not even mentioned, whereas all the concerns are highlighted in detail.
As I have mentioned before, I am very disappointed that nowhere in the Swedish media is there a neutral and fact-based approach. Perhaps this analysis will take advantage of this opportunity. I will see.
I now assume that the population has absolutely no idea of the huge opportunity that this project offers for our climate, unless they are in direct contact with Talga.

_____
In all these years I have not read one article that clearly states all the facts, but all the problems at length.
And if facts have been sporadically reproduced, then only as Talga's assertions.
So that the reader is immediately led to the thought - it is logical that they claim this.
It would have been nice if the study had made more effort to analyse the positive aspects in detail to counter the numerous concerns. I am absolutely certain that many of these concerns are unfounded.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom