Media

cosors

👀

Battery maker ACC secures financing for three European factories​

By Gilles Guillaume
February 12, 20244:35 PM GMT+10Updated 3 days ago

ACC inaugurates its gigafactory in northern France

A view shows the ACC logo at the gigafactory of Automotive Cells Company (ACC), a joint venture of Stellantis, TotalEnergies and Mercedes, in Billy-Berclau-Douvrin, northern France, May 30,... Purchase Licensing Rights, opens new tab Read more
Show more companies

PARIS, Feb 12 (Reuters) - European auto battery manufacturer ACC, co-owned by Stellantis, Mercedes and TotalEnergies, on Monday announced the completion of a major financing round for the development of three "gigafactories" in France, Germany and Italy.
The bank financing worth 4.4 billion euros ($4.74 billion) - a large chunk of its total needed investment estimated at just over 7 billion euros - was one of the largest debt fundraising operations ever carried out in the European automotive sector, ACC, also known as Automotive Cells Company, said.
[Captions auto-generated & unedited.]
Lyft is feeling the Taylor Swift

"This deal with the banks reflects the very high level of confidence of these lenders in the ACC project," Yann Vincent, managing director of ACC, told Reuters.
French lender BNP Paribas acted as exclusive financial adviser to ACC. The financing deals were struck with a consortium of banks including BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank, ING, Intesa Sanpaolo, the French public bank Bpifrance, insurer Euler Hermes and the Italian export insurer SACE.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue
Report this ad
The money will fund the construction of four new ACC production lines - a second one in France, a first one in Kaiserslautern in Germany, and two in Termoli in Italy.
They come on top of the company's first production unit producing lithium-ion batteries in Billy-Berclau in northern France, which was opened last year.
The financing, which adds to public subsidies already granted or committed, will be supplemented by new cash injections from the three shareholders of ACC of an unspecified amount, the company said.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue
Report this ad
As a result, Stellantis (STLAM.MI), opens new tab will hold a 45% stake in ACC at the end of March, Mercedes-Benz (MBGn.DE), opens new tab will hold 30% and Saft, owned by oil giant TotalEnergies (TTEF.PA), opens new tab, 25%.
($1 = 0.9275 euros)
Thank you for the info!

and interesting
The money will fund the construction of four new ACC production lines - a second one in France, a first one in Kaiserslautern in Germany, and two in Termoli in Italy.

:unsure:

Reactions: 2 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
MT presenting at RIU today - presentation from 1h50mins

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Monkeymandan

Regular

Attachments

• IMG_4015.jpeg
    IMG_4015.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Thank you for the info!

and interesting

:unsure:

MT just said ‘we can ship our product by rail or road in 24-48 hours direct to battery manufacturers in France or Germany’.

I like.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

cosors

👀
MT presenting at RIU today - presentation from 1h50mins

Sorry I was too late, hadn't seen that you were faster.
As MT mentioned, it's all connected. We'll just have to be patient.

Semmel

Regular
Nice presentation. Permits appeals rejection is probably within 2 weeks.

Talnode-Si package of announcement would be feasibility study combined with financing and offtake all in one. If we take the 🦔 tweet as starting point with offtake at signature status, then this might be within 6 weeks, assuming 8 weeks to close financing round. Customer likely to be part as a strategic partner in the project, such that deal cannot be announced without financing also being signed. ( Diling back my expectations on that tweet for those that keep track) .

All else seems to go smoothly. Expansion still sitting at 100ktpa .. though we had indication of it being much larger but would be a strategic mistake to announce a much larger expansion until appeals are rejected. Would hope that ACC with 4 new large factories in Europe alone would eat the current expansion production.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

brewm0re

Regular
Reactions: 4 users

brewm0re

Regular
NVX earlier this week with Panasonic @ 10k tonnes over 3 years & now we see NMG deal for GM supplying 18k tpa (No mention on pricing though). Very intrigued for when it’s our ‘turn’ and getting specifics, especially for ramp up stage of 100k tpa & ‘beyond’, as we see in the occasional presentation slides 😊

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Gero

Regular
From Rainman on HC

I subscribe to www.daily.fattail.com.au
Murray is a super respected market investment advisor here in Oz. Impeccable career.
He does a 10-15 minute video analysis of the market each week, usually indices..
Rarely speaks at length about individual stocks.

Today’s ep was a 10 minute story on Talga.
He likes it.
It only means one thing

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

cosors

👀
From Rainman on HC

Murray is a super respected market investment advisor here in Oz. Impeccable career.
He does a 10-15 minute video analysis of the market each week, usually indices..

He likes it.
It only means one thing

Thank you Rainman and thank you Gero for sharing it with us!
We deserve that I will come and even more so all Talga employees! Talga is fighting for the right thing. This cannot be emphasised often enough I think.

From Rainman on HC

He likes it.
It only means one thing

This is the third time that a fat tail report on Talga has moved the market by nearly 10% (two upwards and one downwards that I'm aware of anyway)

Does anyone here subscribe and do their reports move the market that strongly for other recommendations?

Reactions: 2 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Posted on the anti’s page on Facebook Page a couple of hours ago.

Attachments

• IMG_4091.jpeg
    IMG_4091.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 71
  • Sad

Monkeymandan

Regular
Alternative translation using Google:

Tonight we decided at the membership meeting to say no to Talga's graphite mining in Nunasvara. The fight continues in the next instance.’

• Sad

Monkeymandan

Regular
Alternative translation using Google:

Tonight we decided at the membership meeting to say no to Talga's graphite mining in Nunasvara. The fight continues in the next instance.’
Not sure what to make of it, other than the fact that’s its noise. And noise usually means activity or movement.

Let’s go Talga!

anbuck

Regular
I think it has to do with Kiruna declining to give approval for the detailed building plans, which (after environmental permit and concession permit) would be the final thing needed before the mine could open. Because the mine has been deemed a national interest, the national government can overrule the Kiruna politicians, but it's unclear how long that would take. Context here: https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/what-if-permits-are-not-granted.165872/post-271141

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
From Rainman on HC

He likes it.
It only means one thing

That seems to be working.

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Thanks for drawing my attention to this. I didn't looked there regularly. Good that we're paying attention together!
That's one from the local politics of the social democrats. It's just noise I think. Maybe he's been talking to his comrades ("Genossen" I can't find a translation). He knows that the last word lies with the government and not with him/them or their followers. As we know, they will vote against the detailed plan and that this can simply be over ruled (?). He's one of a handful of hardliners.
The comment below says it all. There aren't any news.
I repeatedly recommend using DeepL for translations. It was immediately understandable for me against Google and from Swedish into German. Google regularly makes serious mistakes.
With Sunday the 4 months are over maybe that's why he is jerking on the chair. He knows that he has his party colleagues from Lulea and the government with the labor minister against him/them and an ex minister and party college on board of Talga => with the new office in the same town!
He is a local. If he didn't convey to his creditors that he is doing everything he can, he would lose face.
Unfortunately, beserk is not with us at the moment. His brother lives there. But he thankfully had already reported. https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/what-if-permits-are-not-granted.165872/post-276171*

*The Sweden Democrats are the right-wingers because of whom the government can react at all, because they tolerate them.

That's all how I understand it.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
Surprisingly, there is an oposition in the antigroup - WoW!
A question directly to this politician from the Kiruna mining town who is against mining, absurd enough. Like a politician from Venice who is against houses on stilts in the lagoon.

"Kenneth, I have asked and asked but got no answer from you, what do you mean by saying "Yes to a future without a mine", what does the "future" consist of, Vittangi is almost dead, a small Coop shop selling mostly sweets and milk, why are you not in the village to argue or explain what the "future" consists of, I miss you here and bring this Councillor Taaveniko* so he can explain your policy regarding Vittangi."

Hear hear, that's right man...

There is no update or protocol about detailed plan.

*This refers to the politician who was sharply attacked by the Minister of Labour, who was present at the opening ceremony. He then felt offended. I wonder what became of it.
1709030431433.png

Taaveniku on Pehrson's play: "Terrible overstepping"

1709030625048.png

On the occasion of the ground-breaking ceremony for the anode factory in Hertsön, Luleå, on Monday, the leader of the Liberal Party, Johan Pehrson, criticised local politicians in Kiruna (Mats Taaveniku). Pehrson told the newspaper that the Social Democrats in Kiruna should be in favour of a graphite mine in Vittangi because the party is "in favour of Swedish prosperity" and that they are now "embarrassing".

I also wonder whether Eva Nordmark visited her party colleagues at the meeting. An ex-minister is certainly a rare high-ranking guest. And she doesn't have far to go, once across the road.
1709030884469.jpeg

Everything is waiting for this one decision. Then everything else will fall into place I think.

beserk:
The leader of the Social Democrats Mats Taaveniku, Council Chairman, is pro mining.

Municipal councilor Mats Taaveniku, for example, reserved himself against the decision.

And Kenneth is not a Same or own any reindeer. He is a member of the local Social Democrats in Kiruna municipal council. Mats Taaveniku is a voice of reason and I have been exchanging emails with him. He is the leader of the Social Democrats in Kiruna. Since the Swedish election in September last year Mats is the Kiruna municipal council Chairman.The Left party, Feminist Initiativ, and the Sami party and part of the Social Democrats lead by Kenneth are our antagonists.

Perhaps Mats and Eva will manage to bring the madman to his senses or make him give in. PEL was/is very confident.

When I read feminist party, which by the way only has two seats, I mean. But I wonder or am very sure that they have no idea that Talga is taking part in a special programme for equal rights for women. That's why, among other things, EN is on board or the CTO is a woman. I know, I know, logic doesn't play a role in these circles.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Surprisingly, there is an oposition in the antigroup - WoW!
A question directly to this politician from the Kiruna mining town who is against mining, absurd enough. Like a politician from Venice who is against houses on stilts in the lagoon.

"Kenneth, I have asked and asked but got no answer from you, what do you mean by saying "Yes to a future without a mine", what does the "future" consist of, Vittangi is almost dead, a small Coop shop selling mostly sweets and milk, why are you not in the village to argue or explain what the "future" consists of, I miss you here and bring this Councillor Taaveniko* so he can explain your policy regarding Vittangi."

Hear hear, that's right man...

There is no update or protocol about detailed plan.

*This refers to the politician who was sharply attacked by the Minister of Labour, who was present at the opening ceremony. He then felt offended. I wonder what became of it.
View attachment 57993

Taaveniku on Pehrson's play: "Terrible overstepping"

View attachment 57994
On the occasion of the ground-breaking ceremony for the anode factory in Hertsön, Luleå, on Monday, the leader of the Liberal Party, Johan Pehrson, criticised local politicians in Kiruna (Mats Taaveniku). Pehrson told the newspaper that the Social Democrats in Kiruna should be in favour of a graphite mine in Vittangi because the party is "in favour of Swedish prosperity" and that they are now "embarrassing".

I also wonder whether Eva Nordmark visited her party colleagues at the meeting. An ex-minister is certainly a rare high-ranking guest. And she doesn't have far to go, once across the road.
View attachment 57995

Everything is waiting for this one decision. Then everything else will fall into place I think.

beserk:
The leader of the Social Democrats Mats Taaveniku, Council Chairman, is pro mining.

Municipal councilor Mats Taaveniku, for example, reserved himself against the decision.

And Kenneth is not a Same or own any reindeer. He is a member of the local Social Democrats in Kiruna municipal council. Mats Taaveniku is a voice of reason and I have been exchanging emails with him. He is the leader of the Social Democrats in Kiruna. Since the Swedish election in September last year Mats is the Kiruna municipal council Chairman.The Left party, Feminist Initiativ, and the Sami party and part of the Social Democrats lead by Kenneth are our antagonists.

Perhaps Mats and Eva will manage to bring the madman to his senses or make him give in. PEL was/is very confident.

When I read feminist party, which by the way only has two seats, I mean. But I wonder or am very sure that they have no idea that Talga is taking part in a special programme for equal rights for women. That's why, among other things, EN is on board or the CTO is a woman. I know, I know, logic doesn't play a role in these circles.
;):)
"S in Kiruna has voted against the mine - there are two phalanxes
It is the plans for a mine in the south of Nunasvaara that are at the centre of S in Kiruna's vote. The No side won, but that doesn't mean it's obvious that the party will take a more far-reaching position if the issue is to be dealt with in local politics.

When the Social Democrats in Kiruna voted on the plans for a graphite mine in Vittangi, there was a five-vote margin in favour of the No side. However, one side within the party has pointed out that the party line on this issue is not being adhered to in terms of local politics. "We need to discuss this in our party group before the council," says local councillor Mats Taaveniku (S)."

@beserk you are totally right!

cosors

👀
;):)
"S in Kiruna has voted against the mine - there are two phalanxes
It is the plans for a mine in the south of Nunasvaara that are at the centre of S in Kiruna's vote. The No side won, but that doesn't mean it's obvious that the party will take a more far-reaching position if the issue is to be dealt with in local politics.

When the Social Democrats in Kiruna voted on the plans for a graphite mine in Vittangi, there was a five-vote margin in favour of the No side. However, one side within the party has pointed out that the party line on this issue is not being adhered to in terms of local politics. "We need to discuss this in our party group before the council," says local councillor Mats Taaveniku (S)."

@beserk you are totally right!
"It was the second time that the labour community voted on Talga's mining plans. Last year's vote was declared invalid due to non-compliance with the rules. The majority of votes cast by members of the labour community were "no" to Talga's plans for a graphite mine in the south of Nunasvaara. 19 votes in favour of the No side against 13 for the Yes side and one abstained. - First we conducted a poll."
😉😉

Last edited:
Top Bottom