HUAWEI TAISHAN 200 SERVER / KUNPENG 920 PROCESSOR USING AKIDA

Potato

Regular
Incredible! We could be going places on Tuesday for sure!
Accumulateeeee to the moon!

Akidaa balissttaaa

10x Microsoft

20x Apple

30x the ASX

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Potato

Regular
After reading your research you have certainly got me excited!

Well, one thing is for sure, someone has added Akida to a Huawei processor to improve performance. If not Huawei, it will have certainly got their attention.
i knew you would make my prayers come true.
All i had to do was pray last week and you answered. Thank You

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Build-it

Regular
Hi @Diogenese

I sent two emails.

One to Tony and one to someone in the US.

Both were in identical terms and provided the following extract:

“AKIDA NEURAL PROCESSOR​

The KunPeng CPU nodes (see above) hosts four Akida Neural Processors from BrainChip. These processors are designed specifically for neuromorphic computing”

I then asked the following 2 simple questions:

“If not true I can nip it in the bud instantly.

If true it might have ASX implications for the company.”

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi FF,
Thanks again for all your contributions to the forum & shareholders.

I have been locked out of one of my other holdings for over 2 long years due to an ASX investigation and i would hate for any other issues to arise with BRN.

Edge Compute.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Slade

Top 20
I will try again

Reactions: 1 users

Slade

Top 20
After reading your research you have certainly got me excited!

Well, one thing is for sure, someone has added Akida to a Huawei processor to improve performance. If not Huawei, it will have certainly got their attention.

SimulaMet announces today a unique industry cooperation in the SimulaMet Interoperability Lab (SMIL) with Huawei Technologies. Through this cooperation, SimulaMet will get access to the latest 5G terminals and basestations and the parties will work together to demonstrate new services and applications possible with 5G. (Feb 19, 2022)

SimulaMet is a Simula entity, Simula have half a dozen such entities. The cooperation described above suggests to me that Huawei would be well aware of what Simula was doing in other projects and that they would certainly know about Akida being added to the Huawei processor in order to improve its performance, and I tend to agree with Fullmoon that it was most likely Huawei engineers that added it.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
SimulaMet announces today a unique industry cooperation in the SimulaMet Interoperability Lab (SMIL) with Huawei Technologies. Through this cooperation, SimulaMet will get access to the latest 5G terminals and basestations and the parties will work together to demonstrate new services and applications possible with 5G. (Feb 19, 2022)

SimulaMet is a Simula entity, Simula have half a dozen such entities. The cooperation described above suggests to me that Huawei would be well aware of what Simula was doing in other projects and that they would certainly know about Akida being added to the Huawei processor in order to improve its performance, and I tend to agree with Fullmoon that it was most likely Huawei engineers that added it.
The question I asked myself was why in that eX3 list amongst other HW and chipsets would eX3 merely single out KunPeng as directly having 4 X Akida?

No others?

If eX3 were adding / testing I would have thought just list the Akida NPU as standalone HW option for the researchers / whoever to access and use as needed.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Slade

Top 20
The question I asked myself was why in that eX3 list amongst other HW and chipsets would eX3 merely single out KunPeng as directly having 4 X Akida?

No others?

If eX3 were adding / testing I would have thought just list the Akida NPU as standalone HW option for the researchers / whoever to access and use as needed.
You are right, it sounds like KunPeng came to them with Akida already added.

• Thinking
  • Love

Kaktus112

Great find.
The only thing that would make me question this potential partnership with Huawei is that Huawei is Chinese and the US Government and other governments have said Huawei is a threat to their national security as it is beholden to the Chinese Government!

Hey Chapman,

this could be the answer.

February 17th, 2020

Artificial intelligence device company BrainChip (ASX: BRN) has unveiled a new export classification issued from the US Government’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS).

The ruling authorises the export of its AI technologies without the company having to apply for additional licences and most importantly, paves the way for BrainChip to target non-restricted customers in Japan, Korea, China and Taiwan.

BrainChip obtained a formal classification for EAR99 under the Export Administration Regulations which removes barriers for exporting Akida to non-US countries and to non-restricted customers and use cases.
[…]

BrainChip said it received its EAR99 designation on Friday last week for the Akida Neuromorphic System-on-Chip (NSoC) and the Akida Development Environment (ADE) which meant the company does not require a pre-approval, or a licence from the US Department of Commerce, before delivering its solutions globally as part of sales and marketing expansion activities.

“This is a major achievement for BrainChip and another distinction over our competition that have not achieved this classification,” said Louis DiNardo, chief executive officer of BrainChip.

“An EAR99 classification from the US government will further fuel our commercial momentum with target customers, particularly across Asia. Market interest in our unique AI technology continues to grow due to the exponential increase of AI uses at the edge.

“Combined with our strong differentiation in ultra-low power consumption and performance over other solutions, we are well-positioned to address the requirements of customers in high-growth markets internationally,” said Mr DiNardo.

In a statement to the market, BrainChip said it continues to prioritise engineering, sales and marketing resources on potential customers for the Akida NSoC and its associated intellectual property.

“The company focuses exclusively on edge applications for both IP and the Akida device. Edge applications include use cases where data is acquired by a variety of transducers and a benefit is derived by processing the information at the transducer, rather than sending all data to an enterprise data center or cloud for processing,” BrainChip said.

• Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Perhaps

Regular
I mailed to eX3 for the Brainchip configuration and a possible Huawei background, this was the answer:

Hi,
This is an experimental setup by eX3 - it is quite coincidental that we host the Brainchip cards in the KunPeng nodes.
Best regards

So they use Akida in different setups in the development of super computers, together with the cream of the crop.
No Huawei deal, but I like it anyway.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
I mailed to eX3 for the Brainchip configuration and a possible Huawei background, this was the answer:

Hi,
This is an experimental setup by eX3 - it is quite coincidental that we host the Brainchip cards in the KunPeng nodes.
Best regards

So they use Akida in different setups in the development of super computers, together with the cream of the crop.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing! Either way, Akida is getting out there! I find it very interesting that it is being used in the super computer / server space and this is something that was argued against many times by so called experts who remain living in other places other than here :)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users
AN UPDATE:

At this stage enquiries at Brainchip US are continuing. @Perhaps has had a reply to an email which may turn out to be how this came about. I believe that this is what @Perhaps has been told so at the moment the question is has @Perhaps been told the truth.

@Kaktus112 yes Brainchip did receive this approval to export to China and elsewhere but it was after this approval was granted that the then CEO Mr. Dinardo publicly announced that they did not need China and would not be furthering their involvement and the NASA/DARPA involvement came to light.

In relation to AKIDA remember Brainchip has engineering firms around the world now distributing/selling their technology so it is entirely possible that this has been a project by their distributor. Telesrink or a name something like that is a strong possibility. Others here will remember and know the correct spelling. They were announced a few years back.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Hi,
Best regards

It's a conspiracy I tell ya. Someone got to eX3 first with a gag order to tow the line with any sniffing around :sneaky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nice work & thanks for clarification.

Bit bummed not tied into the KunPeng but as others have said...possibilities for the exascale at least

I can get the original post modded so not to mislead.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
One thing we do know now thanks to @Perhaps is they have used AKIDA cards not just chips so logically we can say they could have just bought them on line like posters here have managed to do. If they had said chips then this would not have been accomplished with a simple on line purchase.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 13 users
One thing we do know now thanks to @Perhaps is they have used AKIDA cards not just chips so logically we can say they could have just bought them on line like posters here have managed to do. If they had said chips then this would not have been accomplished with a simple on line purchase.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Great work everyone and thank you!

Despite my misgivings it is exciting to be used in the server/super-computer application. And like the 4min mile: once one has been achieved others will follow.

Peace

• Love
Interesting. Thanks for sharing! Either way, Akida is getting out there! I find it very interesting that it is being used in the super computer / server space and this is something that was argued against many times by so called experts who remain living in other places other than here :)
As you know this was one of my first responses on this thread but as I thought about this over night if it is real that they are using AKIDA technology in this fashion which now seems to be the case then at a minimum there are two very solid facts that arise:

1. Peter van der Made has from day one spoken the truth about the potential uses of AKIDA technology stretching from the EDGE all the way to the DATA CENTRE/CLOUD - Just think of how much bigger the addressable market became or is than is currently being discussed. My calculator does not do numbers that big.

2. If this experiment by eX3 and simula proves the concept then I personally am going to give DELL Technologies being a definite EAP a very big tick as Rob Lincourt in the DELL Technologies podcast clearly stated that they had the same idea as something to look at to off load neuromorphic computing at the server level.

Then we have the question of what will others in the world of DATA CENTRES start doing if solid numbers regarding processing speed and power consumption start to flow as a result of this experiment. Europe is the heart of the present push to decarbonise and reduce reliance on fossil fuels for obvious Puto reasons.

I think Tony Dawe better upgrade his spyware.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Kachoo

Regular
Hi @Diogenese

I sent two emails.

One to Tony and one to someone in the US.

Both were in identical terms and provided the following extract:

“AKIDA NEURAL PROCESSOR​

The KunPeng CPU nodes (see above) hosts four Akida Neural Processors from BrainChip. These processors are designed specifically for neuromorphic computing”

I then asked the following 2 simple questions:

“If not true I can nip it in the bud instantly.

If true it might have ASX implications for the company.”

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Happy Easter FF
Well they may ask to have the article edited and have Akida statement removed and nothing will be said. Lol

Like Sean stated watch revenue that will be the key. These dots are awsome they increase my confidence that I'm in the right stock at the right time imo.

Let's keep an eye and see if this article is edited and removed that will be our sign. I heard in a presentation i think it was Rob or Peter that said they can not control who the third party will sell the product to or what applications will be used. In the end Akida will be everwhere IMO.

Great find FMF.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Hi,
Best regards

Hi @Perhaps

Many thanks for sharing this but reading the response you received again I must say I had a little chuckle at the wording.

"This is an experimental setup by eX3 - it is quite coincidental that we host the Brainchip cards in the KunPeng nodes"

The use of the word 'coincidental' is quite strange really. This word means "happening by chance".

So I paint this picture.

A group of highly credentialed academics, industry scientists and engineers from across Europe decide to build a super computer and by "chance" to their surprise through the post four AKIDA cards turn up.

What are these doing here they call out in surprise?

Who ordered these?

I don't know they say.

What will we do with them?

I don't know was the reply.

Chuck them on the shelf and if we have any connections left over we we will stick them on and see what happens. They all laugh. They were probably delivered by mistake and somebody will want them back they say so do not open the plastic bags they came in.

Weeks later:

Hey guys guess what?

What?

The HUAWEI TAISHAN 200 SERVER / KUNPENG 920 PROCESSOR has four connections spare why don't we hook them up there and see what happens?

I am not sure says one of the engineers we had a blueprint and design we have been working on for over a year now and these AKIDA cards were not part of the plan from day one do you not think this would be dangerous?

Bugger the plan just drop them in what's the worst that could happen we only live once. Sure we have been bringing this together for years raising funding and obtaining Government approvals and stuff the university protocols for scientific ethics lets just go for it guys.

And that your Honour is how these AKIDA cards came to be used in the European Super Computer.

My opinion and a bit of fun so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users
As you know this was one of my first responses on this thread but as I thought about this over night if it is real that they are using AKIDA technology in this fashion which now seems to be the case then at a minimum there are two very solid facts that arise:

1. Peter van der Made has from day one spoken the truth about the potential uses of AKIDA technology stretching from the EDGE all the way to the DATA CENTRE/CLOUD - Just think of how much bigger the addressable market became or is than is currently being discussed. My calculator does not do numbers that big.

2. If this experiment by eX3 and simula proves the concept then I personally am going to give DELL Technologies being a definite EAP a very big tick as Rob Lincourt in the DELL Technologies podcast clearly stated that they had the same idea as something to look at to off load neuromorphic computing at the server level.

Then we have the question of what will others in the world of DATA CENTRES start doing if solid numbers regarding processing speed and power consumption start to flow as a result of this experiment. Europe is the heart of the present push to decarbonise and reduce reliance on fossil fuels for obvious Puto reasons.

I think Tony Dawe better upgrade his spyware.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Exactly what I was thinking. The global warming issue could quickly and seriously be addressed.

Hypothetically two issues will be solved:

The massive power currently being used in the data centres to both run the compute and cooling of equipment;
Save a significant amount of water, again being used to cool the equipment.

I can’t accurately quote the no.s as my memory isn’t as good as FF but PVDM did state during an interview about enormous power savings; I think it was 80-90% by using Akida in data centres.

What company won’t want to fix those issues and what government won’t want the green votes to legislate it happens!

Win Win. Beneficial AI to the max!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom