BRN - Mercedes

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
This short vid mentions the AI and it's contribution to energy saving..

I just watched that short video again. How cool is that?
To nominate your destination and then everything from the gradients of the hills, the wind direction, the use of the air con etc, etc, etc are all calculated to work out your power usage. Amazing.
I'm excited.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
1647295876165.png
We achieved strong #financial results for the fiscal year 2021 while accelerating our strategy as a pure-play manufacturer of desirable cars and vans. We improved performance: sales mix and cost efficiency supported an adjusted EBIT increase of 105%. We advanced our portfolio: top-end vehicle sales surged and #electrification ramp-up gathered pace. We established our new structure: a pure-play car & van business after a successful Daimler Truck #spinoff.
And we increased the #dividend: proposal of €5.00 per share (2020: €1.35) reflects solid cash generation.
Dive into the details https://lnkd.in/eh3tgXnK #MercedesBenz #financials

WOW- One huge rise in the stock-MBG dividends - and a casual 2.3mill unit sales-(y) Electrification ramp up(y)-After being an EAP customer and thier Akida reveal -BRN must be happy to see these figures.

Akida Ballista.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Violin1

Regular
  • Fire

Baisyet

Regular
Just posted on Youtube

• Fire

Violin1

Regular

Might be a bit old or reposting but this article mentions MB developing ownoperating system and chips.
Apologies for misleading - the article references Volkswagon as making own chips not Mercedes. Mybad. I should have said I think there must be a good chance of Mercedes doing similar.

Reactions: 4 users
I see some chatter on the poss MB OS...article just out several hours ago....my red bold....hmmmm.

Also another link bottom of post from a few days on the first drive / look at the 2023 EQS.

Goodbye MBUX, hello MB.OS. New Mercedes infotainment coming soon​

‘Hey Mercedes’ gets smarter, navigation gets more realistic, audio goes full 3D​

2021-01-20_Image_21C0123-015.jpg
Mark Rechtin
LOS ANGELES – Mercedes-Benz will roll out a new infotainment architecture called MB.OS that will replace the MBUX system in all of its vehicles, likely starting with the next-generation MMA compact car platform.
With its new MB.OS architecture, Mercedes-Benz is pairing with ultra-HD video developer Unity to bring gaming realism into the automotive world. It also is upgrading the “Hey Mercedes” personal assistant’s intelligence and interactivity into a 3D “Star Avatar” that will be more akin to a “digital butler,” said Magnus Östberg, Mercedes-Benz chief software officer.

Using the recently launched “Hyperscreen” digital display that spans from pillar to pillar (pictured above, but with the existing MBUX variation found in the Mercedes EQS), the MB.OS system will allow for 3D navigation that can zoom from satellite view down to 10 meters. It also will account for what time of day it is to ensure an accurate real-time display.

“It’s your environment right in front of you. It’s as much reality as possible in a navigation system,” Östberg said. Navus will be the technology partner for the navigation engine.
dims

Östberg, speaking at a media briefing here, said Mercedes has been using machine learning to examine the accuracy, problems, and frustrations with the existing MBUX infotainment system and its “Hey Mercedes” voice controls.
The next-generation interactivity will be able to curate a playlist, and provide eco-driving coaching and hints while the vehicle is in motion, said Benjamin Kuhn, senior manager UX/UI design for Mercedes-Benz R&D North America. The flow of conversation with “Hey Mercedes” will be “more fluid” and be able to understand close-enough driver commands, rather than require specific wording to activate a function. The system will learn and improve its interactivity with each specific owner. And global iterations in software permutations and upgrades will be beamed via over-the-air updates.

On the audio front, Mercedes will equip its vehicles with a Dolby Atmos spatial sound system, which provides a full 3D experience. “It will be like sitting in the middle of your favorite band or orchestra,” Östberg said. The system will allow for a full selection of streaming-audio and -video content.

dims
dims

MBUX as found in the 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLB-Class
Why has Mercedes chosen to use an entry-luxury vehicle for a new software launch, rather than a flagship vehicle? It wouldn’t be the first time, as Mercedes launched MBUX in the A-Class platform, including the GLB pictured above. According to UX/UI senior manager Kuhn, those entry-luxury buyers tend to be younger, and thus better at acclimating to a new system – and finding bugs.
Mercedes announced last year that it is hiring an additional 1,000 software engineers to bring MB.OS to life, as well as develop cloud computing and other R&D functions. Why so many new employees?
“We want to own the user interface and APIs, the architecture and integration, because then we own the luxury experience,” Östberg said. “We are owning this responsibility and not outsourcing. If we relinquish data, we relinquish data security.”
This is in contrast to various automakers, including General Motors and Volvo, which are turning to Google and its Android Automotive infotainment suite.
Of course, Mercedes needs software partners to develop apps. But in owning the UI, Mercedes will also own customer’s data. Östberg, who came to Mercedes from automotive supplier Aptiv last August, said Mercedes will observe strict data privacy. If a car changes ownership, Mercedes erases the car’s memory of the previous owner. The data and settings go with the person’s Mercedes Me account, which means certain attributes can be pre-programmed into the next Mercedes a loyal owner acquires.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 43 users

Baisyet

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Papacass

Regular
I see some chatter on the poss MB OS...article just out several hours ago....my red bold....hmmmm.

Also another link bottom of post from a few days on the first drive / look at the 2023 EQS.

‘Hey Mercedes’ gets smarter, navigation gets more realistic, audio goes full 3D​

Mark Rechtin
LOS ANGELES – Mercedes-Benz will roll out a new infotainment architecture called MB.OS that will replace the MBUX system in all of its vehicles, likely starting with the next-generation MMA compact car platform.
With its new MB.OS architecture, Mercedes-Benz is pairing with ultra-HD video developer Unity to bring gaming realism into the automotive world. It also is upgrading the “Hey Mercedes” personal assistant’s intelligence and interactivity into a 3D “Star Avatar” that will be more akin to a “digital butler,” said Magnus Östberg, Mercedes-Benz chief software officer.

Using the recently launched “Hyperscreen” digital display that spans from pillar to pillar (pictured above, but with the existing MBUX variation found in the Mercedes EQS), the MB.OS system will allow for 3D navigation that can zoom from satellite view down to 10 meters. It also will account for what time of day it is to ensure an accurate real-time display.

“It’s your environment right in front of you. It’s as much reality as possible in a navigation system,” Östberg said. Navus will be the technology partner for the navigation engine.
dims

Östberg, speaking at a media briefing here, said Mercedes has been using machine learning to examine the accuracy, problems, and frustrations with the existing MBUX infotainment system and its “Hey Mercedes” voice controls.
The next-generation interactivity will be able to curate a playlist, and provide eco-driving coaching and hints while the vehicle is in motion, said Benjamin Kuhn, senior manager UX/UI design for Mercedes-Benz R&D North America. The flow of conversation with “Hey Mercedes” will be “more fluid” and be able to understand close-enough driver commands, rather than require specific wording to activate a function. The system will learn and improve its interactivity with each specific owner. And global iterations in software permutations and upgrades will be beamed via over-the-air updates.

On the audio front, Mercedes will equip its vehicles with a Dolby Atmos spatial sound system, which provides a full 3D experience. “It will be like sitting in the middle of your favorite band or orchestra,” Östberg said. The system will allow for a full selection of streaming-audio and -video content.

dims
dims

Why has Mercedes chosen to use an entry-luxury vehicle for a new software launch, rather than a flagship vehicle? It wouldn’t be the first time, as Mercedes launched MBUX in the A-Class platform, including the GLB pictured above. According to UX/UI senior manager Kuhn, those entry-luxury buyers tend to be younger, and thus better at acclimating to a new system – and finding bugs.
Mercedes announced last year that it is hiring an additional 1,000 software engineers to bring MB.OS to life, as well as develop cloud computing and other R&D functions. Why so many new employees?
“We want to own the user interface and APIs, the architecture and integration, because then we own the luxury experience,” Östberg said. “We are owning this responsibility and not outsourcing. If we relinquish data, we relinquish data security.”
This is in contrast to various automakers, including General Motors and Volvo, which are turning to Google and its Android Automotive infotainment suite.
Of course, Mercedes needs software partners to develop apps. But in owning the UI, Mercedes will also own customer’s data. Östberg, who came to Mercedes from automotive supplier Aptiv last August, said Mercedes will observe strict data privacy. If a car changes ownership, Mercedes erases the car’s memory of the previous owner. The data and settings go with the person’s Mercedes Me account, which means certain attributes can be pre-programmed into the next Mercedes a loyal owner acquires.

Great find. It was pretty obvious that the ‘Hey Mercedes’ concept tech would filter to production models. Here we go. I think @Fact Finders mate, Blind Freddy, would be fizzing right about now. Cheers. Onward.

• Haha
Reactions: 27 users

Reuben

Founding Member

Mark Rechtin

dims

dims
dims

thanks for sharing this, good days ahead

thanks for sharing this, good days ahead
Hopefully so.

No certainty of Akida obviously but you like to think that given Mercs public naming, positive statements and now moving to "owning" their OS that we might be in the frame.

We proved up and integrated into the CES car and that was apparently production ready so why not be able to migrate our tech across to the next infotainment system release.

Obviously could be current encumbent has enhanced their tech to meet Mercs scope, an unknown party snuck in the backdoor or Merc just developed their own but we'll see soon enough.

Be disappointing if we don't get a crack.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
  • Fire

Violin1

Regular

Older article from August 2021 onthe MB OS but mention of Bosch and Microsoft Azure.

"It is about the linking of all electronic requirements within a vehicle. At Mercedes, a comparison is made with the “central nervous system” in the human body, without which the complexity of the functions cannot be mastered, regardless of how good the individual functions are. So this means that Mercedes does indeed fall back on the expertise of other companies in the IT sector. For example, the central computer could come from suppliers such as ZF or Bosch, while Mercedes works with Microsoft Azure for cloud services."

Violin1

Regular
This short vid mentions the AI and it's contribution to energy saving..

This conference/workshop by NVIDIA has a session by Magnus Ostberg from MB on the MB OS. Need to register to view but it's free. No specific mention of Akida but well worth a watch. I suspect we're in there somewhere behind the scenes.

Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

This conference/workshop by NVIDIA has a session by Magnus Ostberg from MB on the MB OS. Need to register to view but it's free. No specific mention of Akida but well worth a watch. I suspect we're in there somewhere behind the scenes.

Another video, but much about nothing

• Fire

Slade

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Violin1

Regular
Thanks for the share Violin, btw do you play one? From all accounts by the 1001eyes AKIDA is the fundamental brains of the operating system. 👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁👁🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠🧠
Sadly I have no musical talent. Bit like my artistic talents generally. I actually think I'm a frustrated painter or sculptor and the only thing holding me back is lack of talent!

• Haha

Violin1

Regular
It's commitment not talent that.makes.an artist.
Violin chosen when I needed to sign up to a wine discussion thread and had been doing a drawing of a violin for my granddaughter's letter book. Had it ever since. I shall find and post a photo of four sculptures by Australia's greatest sculptor Robert Klippel (well, three of his and one of mine). You can guess which one. Might take a while - and @zeeb0t may tell us to bugger off to The Lounge lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
So what's everyone's thoughts

1) is Valeo’s new drive pilot using AKIDA I the latest run of production cars by Mercedes?

2) AKIDA will be used in MBUX system in Mercedes Benz this year production vehicles ?

3) AKIDA only used in the vision EQXX concept car so far.

Violin1

Regular
So what's everyone's thoughts

1) is Valeo’s new drive pilot using AKIDA I the latest run of production cars by Mercedes?

2) AKIDA will be used in MBUX system in Mercedes Benz this year production vehicles ?

3) AKIDA only used in the vision EQXX concept car so far.
I'm guessing 3. I'd like 1 or 2 but think the company may have needed to announce something by now if it was already in commercial production and soon to roll out. I hope I'm wrong and it has been incorporated, maybe via NVIDIA, and it might be part of the revenue Sean says we'll book this year. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom