BRN - Mercedes

D

Deleted member 118

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
2hrs ago, Mercedes proudly spruiking BrainChip again

Posted on Linkedin by Markus Schafer, Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG, Chief Technology Officer, Development & Procurement

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6899995923171164161/

View attachment 1249
View attachment 1250
Good find, I like it. It poses the question! Are Sonantic working with BRN? Had a little play in Google Land and found they have AI and Machine Perception. When I get time will continue searching. They do a lot of work in voice for gaming. Never known gaming to be a big money maker lol.

SC

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

butcherano

Regular
Reactions: 9 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Hi all,
any thoughts how this new can effect Brainchip?
Intel to acquire Tower Semi of Israel for $5.4B in specialty chip bid
Hi Sec

My takeaway from the acquisition is that they have increased their manufacturing capacity at the foundry level.

Seems clear to me the reason for them wanting to do this is that there is obviously a semiconductor supply chain issue now so having large internal foundries allows for Intel to mitigate any future supply chain issues, allowing them to continue manufacturing and selling chips when others are battling for foundry slots with TSMC etc.

The acquisition also positions them nicely for production during the expected massive chip industry growth through to 2030, a lot of which relates to the edge market for use in EV's and Smart Home.

With their manufacturing capacity increased due to the transaction, the one thing they now need to be ready for the industry growth is their own AI chip. Loihi is still 4-5 years away from being commercially ready by all reports so perhaps the next acquisition might be new tech.

It'd be hard for them to go past akida if that's the case.

Edit: I thought it worth pointing out that I don't want a TO to occur. I'd rather extremely large accretive capital growth over a 20-30 year time-span than a quick buck.

Also... IMO and please DYOR.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Good find, I like it. It poses the question! Are Sonantic working with BRN? Had a little play in Google Land and found they have AI and Machine Perception. When I get time will continue searching. They do a lot of work in voice for gaming. Never known gaming to be a big money maker lol.

SC
This is a very loose dot and haven't fully researched it yet but here goes.

Mercedes working with BRN on MBUX, Hey Mercedes.
Mercedes working with Sonantic on MBUX. Hey Mercedes.

Megachips working with BRN.
Megachips work with Nintendo.
Sonantic do voice work for some games on Nintendo Switch.

Worth keeping an eye on I reckon.

SC

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
Interesting article here about Fusion Sensors:

"Sensor fusion has been in vogue ever since the big electronic sensor push 10 or so years ago. The idea is that by combining the results of several imperfect sensors, one can get a better overall measurement. One way of looking at it is that one sensor can cover for the weak points of another sensor. For example, data from accelerometers, gyroscopes, and magnetometers are combined today to give better position and navigation information."

Worth also noting that Megachips have been involved in development of sensor fusion controller chips partnering with Bosch:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
This is a very loose dot and haven't fully researched it yet but here goes.

Mercedes working with BRN on MBUX, Hey Mercedes.
Mercedes working with Sonantic on MBUX. Hey Mercedes.

Megachips working with BRN.
Megachips work with Nintendo.
Sonantic do voice work for some games on Nintendo Switch.

Worth keeping an eye on I reckon.

SC
Not sure if Nintendo are really known for using bleeding edge technology. If there is something going on it would be quite a departure both from their recent product development history and their use of NVidia chips in the Switch.

Reactions: 4 users
Not sure if Nintendo are really known for using bleeding edge technology. If there is something going on it would be quite a departure both from their recent product development history and their use of NVidia chips in the Switch.
Unless they're going for a moonshot? :)

Reactions: 6 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Not sure if posted, but found on Linked in
I wasn’t going to post anymore, but this was to exciting for me.

Attachments

• D94E97D0-C2BE-405C-A777-CB0FCEE7957B.png
    D94E97D0-C2BE-405C-A777-CB0FCEE7957B.png
    315.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 0B529829-A1CE-4ECA-BFE4-E39EA080868B.png
    0B529829-A1CE-4ECA-BFE4-E39EA080868B.png
    335 KB · Views: 124
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

BaconLover

Founding Member

As a bare minimum, Mercedes will have at least 7 use cases for Akida. 8 - if you include the voice command function.

So safe to say they need at the very least 8 chips in each car;

1) Mechanical related looseness
2) Gearbox faultiness
3) Electric motor failure
4) Component misalignment
5) Lubrication issues
6) Monitor passenger compartments
7) Check driver alertness

Screenshot (552).png
Screenshot (553).png

Screenshot (556).png

• Fire
Reactions: 38 users

As a bare minimum, Mercedes will have at least 7 use cases for Akida. 8 - if you include the voice command function.

So safe to say they need at the very least 8 chips in each car;

1) Mechanical related looseness
2) Gearbox faultiness
3) Electric motor failure
4) Component misalignment
5) Lubrication issues
6) Monitor passenger compartments
7) Check driver alertness

View attachment 1605 View attachment 1604

View attachment 1606
Add these

Lidar
Radar
ADAS (Level 3 or 4)

SC

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
While it's clear Mercedes are looking at using Akida in cars, I think it's worth considering their other (potential future) product lines. Anything electric like drones should get large power savings from Akida.

One interesting possibility is their EVtol (electric-vertical-takeoff-and-landing) aircraft called Volocopter, which are designed as two person air-taxis. According to this article, they've already invested almost $400 million USD to date.

1645609655349.png

According to this article, the Volocopter market readiness at roughly the end of this year, or maybe 2023:

Outlook: Reaching market readiness in the next three years​

Just last week we acquired a new partner: the Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely Holding). We want to work together to refine urban air mobility and also to take it to China. In the first step, we will concentrate entirely on receiving a permit for our newest flying taxi model, the VoloCity. That will happen in the next three years or so.

This one's a few years old but they had a concept van with delivery drones:
1645609982857.png

Reactions: 17 users

davidfitz

Regular
Mercedes are really pushing the line of EV vehicles along very nicely. Just think one day Akida could be in all of them :)

Mercedes-Benz EQA 250 is electric luxury for the SUV lover​

SUV’s account for one in every three Mercedes-Benz passenger vehicles sold … and now the popular vehicle is eco-friendly in electric form.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Mercedes are really pushing the line of EV vehicles along very nicely. Just think one day Akida could be in all of them :)

Mercedes-Benz EQA 250 is electric luxury for the SUV lover​

SUV’s account for one in every three Mercedes-Benz passenger vehicles sold … and now the popular vehicle is eco-friendly in electric form.

Some of the employees of Mercedes are more bullish than our @ManChildreborn😜 on Brainchip :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Yeah Nah

Emerged
Not sure if this is a valid connection or if it's been discussed, but I'm positing that our relationship with Daimler and Mercedez might go back as far as 2017. See below for dots...

This assumes that Xilinx provided Daimler with our FPGA board.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
May have been posted already, but I never get tired of watching this lol

Markus Schafer, who is more bullish on Brainchip on platforms like LinkedIn, says at 10:27

''The VISION EQXX demonstrates future Mercedes technologies''

They clearly know the direction they're moving....

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
May have been posted already, but I get never tired of watching this lol

Markus Schafer, who is more bullish on Brainchip on platforms like LinkedIn, says at 10:27

''The VISION EQXX demonstrates future Mercedes technologies''

They clearly know the direction they're moving....

Love the video love that car .... the back end resembles Aston Martin DB6 ?!

Reactions: 4 users

davidfitz

Regular
We get a mention in this.

Everything You Need To Know About Mercedes-Benz’s EV Lineup​

Reactions: 10 users

White Horse

Regular
Here is quite a comical review of the

2022 Mercedes EQS 580​

Last edited:
  • Haha