BRN Discussion Ongoing

Here’s a discussion for you, what is the general consensus of a brilliant next Financial report…. Is to be or not to be.
That is the question
Come this quarter or next , it most definitely should be alive with positive results imo.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
The question is more about the purpose of your initiated discussion. What benefit should this have? Are you trying to influence someone to have the same view as you? And if so, why? What is the purpose of this discussion? Why should we provide you with any facts about sold licenses or "products"? We have often said that we ourselves will only see how it is financially going based on the numbers. This can take up to three years! Do you have patience or not is the question ... Why do you turn to the users here? You are obviously dissatisfied, but that seems to be your personal problem. I am not interested in the problems of anonymous people. Just my opinion. Your long postings show me some hysterical touch to be honest
Yes. Let's not forget that, while the world and his wife are familiar with the use of OpenAi's GPT "X", they do not have a clue as to how it works, let alone the underlying technology. However, we are seeing frequent examples of the tech world's increasing awareness.

One field of tech where Akida's potential is as yet untapped is in the implementation of LLMs.

Sensors (microphones, cameras, ...) and keyboards are essential input devices, and the input signals need to be converted to a format which the system can interpret. This requires the system management processor to be able to interpret natural language. Doing that purely in software burns a lot of electricity. Akida 2 introduces long range skip connexions:

https://brainchip.com/akida-generations/

With the added support for short and long-range skip connections, an akidaTM neural processor can now accelerate complex neural networks such as ResNet completely in hardware without model computations on a host CPU.
Skip connections are implemented by storing data from previous layers in the akidaTM mesh or in a scratchpad memory for combination with data in later layers.

Key Benefits:

• Complex Network Acceleration: Enables complete hardware execution of non feed-forward model architectures such as ResNet and DenseNet.
  • Low Latency: Eliminates CPU interaction during network evaluation which minimizes model latency.
By performing these functions in silicon, Akida reduces both power usage and latency compared with earlier LSTM/Attention software implementations.

Akida 2 provides a much more efficient foundation for implementing LLMs and particularly SLMs (Small Language Models adapted for edge applications). However, for the moment, the cloud-based Chat GPT and its LLMs have the advantage of incumbency despite their unsustainable growth in energy consumption. Nvidia's Jensen Huang is rightfully proud of the 2.5 times improvement in power consumption of Blackwell, but that is not sufficient to mitigate the exponential growth in power consumption to contain it within acceptable limits.

Akida offers orders of magnitude greater improvement, particularly with the use of SLMs at the edge. Akida has the potential to be the foundation stone of all things GPT. The development of SLMs is just some of the lead in Akida's saddlebags.

While Edge GPT is the present Holy Grail, there is a myriad of other applications for Akida which can be implemented in the near term.

ADAS - DMS - UI - lidar/..., space, SDR, Edge Box, ...

For startup companies, the rational basis for assessing share price is the market potential of the product.

The problem is that the share price is the plaything of manipulators who take advantage of the fact that many shareholders and potential shareholders do not fully grasp the potential of this revolutionary technology, and the fact that the pre-income phase has been longer than anyone anticipated. One reason for the delay in revenue is that the technology is evolving at an unprecedented rate, LSTM, Attention, 4-bit weights and actuations, Chat GPT, TeNNs, ViT, ... Remember, Akida 2 is just 1 year old.

Added to that is the fact that the company has made a few mis-steps or changed course over the last few years in an attempt to come to grips with an entirely unheralded market. The company was metaphorically feeling its way in the dark and needed to test the waters to see which way the current flows ... and the current has not flowed smoothly.

So there are a lot of factors to be taken into account which no one could have foreseen a few years ago. This has been a learning experience for the shareholders and the company.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 80 users

Slade

Top 20
Here a discussion for you, what is the general consensus of a brilliant next Financial report…. Is to be or not to be.
That is the question
Come this quarter or next , it most definitely should be alive with positive results imo.
What exactly are you expecting from the next financial report that would make it brilliant?

• Haha
  • Love
What exactly are you expecting from the next financial report that would make it brilliant?
I would like to hear of a solid engagement that can be revealed if possible or some kind of brilliant news from our CEO that enlightens us to the progress of one of our existing NDAs

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Slade

Top 20
I would like to hear of a solid engagement that can be revealed if possible or some kind of brilliant news from our CEO that enlightens us to the progress of one of our existing NDAs
Fair enough. I think we might get that.

• Haha
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

hotty4040

Regular
Reactions: 2 users
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
1000014475.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
I think people need to take a step back and stop the bias thinking and bashing of people who post concerns. If the concerns are real, not just down ramping for the sake of it, then they should be aired and considered. For those that have run a business and been in sales and marketing I ask you this. Do you believe that after the AKIDA 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 have been released that the sales people have hit their targets this year? Do you believe that Sean has hit his selling targets (if indeed he has them as CEO.) Do you believe that the company in 2022 reached it's targets, in 2023 reached it's targets and so far in 2024? So really if we don't hold the company and it's BOD responsible, then who is? I'm not saying we sack anyone I'm not saying the company is dead in the water, I'm saying, if you don't hit targets for years in a row then you should not be rewarded. TBH I don't know what the answer here is, but the fact that we are only allowed to join dots and live in the fairytale world of Nvida, Intel, Arm and Mercedes stops any real discussing in things that are relevant and are a concern. Any negative chat is aggressively 'whack a moled' and discussing it is OFF LIMITS. Time for some to grow up and let all debate take place or otherwise we do end up being just an echo chamber of flowers and free love 💕
Hey man.. What are you talking about?..
Why can't you just chill, sit back and dig how beautiful everything is?..

20240324_173138.jpg

But seriously, I think it's a bit hard to have "sales targets" with something as nascent as AKIDA.

The Company does have goals though, to be the default standard and/or one of the 3 main Global players, in the Edge space.

The Company is working towards these goals.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hey man.. What are you talking about?..
Why can't you just chill, sit back and dig how beautiful everything is?..

View attachment 59773

But seriously, I think it's a bit hard to have "sales targets" with something as nascent as AKIDA.

The Company does have goals though, to be the default standard and/or one of the 3 main Global players, in the Edge space.

The Company is working towards these goals.

I don't see Akida in the same light as a COTS product, a vanilla product to be marketed into a static market, and I don't see much point in getting exercised about the teething troubles of the last few years.

1. We have a radically advanced product which, while it will change the whole concept of computing, is unfamiliar to the market.

2. von Neumann computer architecture has been around for over 70 years and has given sterling service with its precision digital mathematics.

3. SNNs do not use precision mathematics. They use probability.

4. The market is a moving target. The AI market has undergone the most rapid changes ever experienced in the field of computing in general and AI in particular.

5. The company has chosen the most difficult market segment to get a toe-hold in, IP licensing.

In relation to point 5, the success or otherwise of the Edge Box may provide an indication of whether the company should have pursued a dual course. However, that option seems to have been closed as far as Akida 2 is concerned. Nevertheless, the Edge Box is being prepared to do battle with a functionally similar product incorporating Nvidia's Jetson processor., a contest I expect we will win on the points of cost, latency, and power, while providing comparable accuracy.

Yes, the waiting is excruciating - the rewards will be ... rewarding.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 90 users
I don't see Akida in the same light as a COTS product, a vanilla product to be marketed into a static market, and I don't see much point in getting exercised about the teething troubles of the last few years.

1. We have a radically advanced product which, while it will change the whole concept of computing, is unfamiliar to the market.

2. von Neumann computer architecture has been around for over 70 years and has given sterling service with its precision digital mathematics.

4. The market is a moving target. The AI market has undergone the most rapid changes ever experienced in the field of computing in general and AI in particular.

5. The company has chosen the most difficult market segment to get a toe-hold in, IP licensing.

In relation to point 5, the success or otherwise of the Edge Box may provide an indication of whether the company should have pursued a dual course. However, that option seems to have been closed as far as Akida 2 is concerned. Nevertheless, the Edge Box is being prepared to do battle with a functionally similar product incorporating Nvidia's Jetson processor., a contest I expect we will win on the points of cost, latency, and power, while providing comparable accuracy.

Yes, the waiting is excruciating - the rewards will be rewarding.
As Sean chooses the IP Model with the intent to become ubiquitous I feel the edge box will work as a stepping stone to companies rather than any lost opportunity. Iam no expert on much however BRN technology does seem to be as Peter says a secret sauce which can be poorer on anything and makes it better. The playing field is huge as AI is the future and we will be available to offer everyone that wants AI through these Eco systems, enablers , founders and partners which Sean has put together, The team he has put together to make BRN ubiquitous is unbelievable. It’s not their first Rodeo so I recon we can feel safe from what has been achieved since Sean restructuring.
Happy days ahead for those with the ability to hold. I have been holding now since listing and feel it’s our time to win.
Go Brainchip 2024 come on

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

GStocks123

Regular
German university experimenting with Akida from 27sec mark.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 62 users

manny100

Regular

Yes, the waiting is excruciating - the rewards will be rewarding.
When you have your CEO say that NVIDIA is not really true AI at the Edge you know you have a radical product offering.
Just to ensure context Sean was not referring to NVIDIA's existing magnificent AI traditional offerings. He was referring to the true Edge which is non cloud.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Frangipani

Regular

Hi GStocks123,

you beat me to it - was just about to post a link to that video as well. It describes two separate experiments involving Akida:

80330357-E4F8-4099-B602-7BAA580FD1E9.jpeg

44DC3D6D-90FE-4467-8E9A-3F02C2883545.jpeg

The video actually goes along with a paper @Fullmoonfever shared a couple of days ago:
Recent paper from a few days ago.

Utilising Akida, Loihi and DynappCNN for the analysis.

Interesting who partially funded the research :unsure:;)

Full paper HERE

@Diogenese may appreciate the technical details more.

View attachment 59474

And the paper’s first author, Andreas Ziegler (who also seems to be the speaker in the video, given his distinct Swiss German accent and intonation in English), is the link to Sony AI here:

1EA6FFB6-353B-49C1-9CBE-98E2CAE28110.jpeg

This young gentleman has an impressive CV, including an MSc at ETH Zürich as well as internships at Disney Research Zürich and Prophesee. He is currently pursuing his PhD on event-based vision for fast robot control at the University of Tübingen in collaboration with Sony AI Zürich, where he holds a job as research scientist. Great to know he and his co-authors are experimenting with Akida!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

DK6161

Regular

Very cool. Wish the video was longer with added birds eye view and movement tracking

Interesting views from Jensen Huang about AI taking over the future of gaming:

"Technologies powered by artificial intelligence (AI) have been used to enhance GeForce graphics cards for several years now, but its growing capabilities could soon find GPUs out of the driver’s seat in the future. This is according to Nvidia CEO, Jensen Huang, who envisions a future in which every pixel of a game is generated by AI within the next decade."

"During the Q&A session Huang was asked: “How far do you think we are in this world where every pixel is generated at real-time frame rates? And what is your vision for gaming and non-gaming experiences in that new paradigm?”

Huang’s response was somewhat lengthy, and we’ve included it below, but for the sake of brevity we’ll zoom in on a few claims he made, specifically: “We’re probably already two years into it. And so I would say that within the next five to ten years.”

"As someone who frequently uses DLSS upscaling, I’ve already become well accustomed to games partly rendered by AI. With this in mind, the idea of my GPU becoming subservient to, or replaced by, a neural processing unit (NPU) doesn’t feel like an impossible future."

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

jtardif999

Regular
You're correct, not toasters, not ovens, what are they selling? Please show me. Evidence, not dot joining

If you could instead of pretending to be a know it all smart ass, insinuating I have no idea what they do and what they sell and how hard it is, why don't you enlighten me so I understand instead that rubbish? I asked that we have a conversation and peoples thoughts, you come up with that. I've already said that I am unsure of what the expectations should be. I know that if the agents I work with don't send me clients in the previous 12 months I don't renew their contracts. They only get rewarded with a contract once they introduce new clients. I'm not going to keep wasting my time and money on people that can't deliver.

I am 99% sure if we went back in time, 3 years and said this is where would will be in 2024, I think quite a few would be disappointed. The CEO's own words suggested we would be much further down the road than we are today. So we just say, oh well it takes time. Pantene people. So yeah lets discuss it. They're not selling toasters, explain the whole thought in that statement. And, what timeframe do you believe is acceptable?

Go back to HC and see what peoples thoughts were about 2022, 2023 and now 2024. Go back on this site to the last AGM and look at peoples expectations. But god forbid if we were to hold the BOD responsible for those "not achieved expectation" GO BACK TO HC YOU DOWNRAMPER!" lol.
We’ve been over the ground of why 3 years ago they were confident of getting earlier success. The emergence of GenAI changed all those expectations.

“I am unsure of what the expectations should be. I know that if the agents I work with don't send me clients in the previous 12 months I don't renew their contracts. They only get rewarded with a contract once they introduce new clients.”

Are you telling us that in the last 12 months BrainChip haven’t signed any new clients? Tell that one to @Esq.111 who has the number of partners now at 64.

“They are not selling toasters” they have a pipeline of progress on ‘sales’. To get to an IP deal to the stage of being signed there would be a lot more than just you get to play with Akida and then make a decision. There would be something like the following:

1) Initial contact with a potential client to discuss a use case they might have.
2) If there’s no use case then they might like to trial the tech and see if they can come up with one.
3) Develop a prototype for a solution of a particular use case using the ADE.
4) Test the prototype and rinse and repeat dev until satisfying a solution.
5) Create a proper design once the prototype has been satisfied. This step could take a while and btw at this point is the product a device that Akida IP is going to be embedded into or is the client company just making and selling chips with our IP like Renesas?
6) Tape out the design into silicon and test the silicon, again going to take significant time.
7) If the client company is putting the silicon with Akida embedded into a device, they wouldn't have to sign an IP deal with BrainChip until they mass produce the device. This may take years since they might consider holding off until the time is ripe to sell the product in volume.

So 3-12 months from when new/existing customers get their hands on Akida2 IP isn’t going to result in IP contracts imo. More likely 3-4 years. It’s possible some of our original EAPs could be closer to closing a deal though. We all hope something will drop soon..

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Guzzi62

Regular

Nice but Mr Robort is standing still not moving at all?
Almost like they feed the ball to him?
A longer clip would be nice;)

Nice but Mr Robort is standing still not moving at all?
Almost like they feed the ball to him?
A longer clip would be nice;)
Maybe we should email them to get the robot to dance, would that make you happy?

1711305644662.gif

• Haha
Top Bottom