BRN Discussion Ongoing

CHIPS

Regular
Readers should see page 8 "so far only Brainchip......".

Many thanks @wasMADX!

Extracts from various pages of this PDF:

1710145666263.png

1710145750166.png

1710145810148.png

1710145349964.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

skutza

Regular
This right here, is exactly why you will forever be considered the forum goon. 6 people even laughed at your intellect.
I read the comment as being pro women. Meaning it was disrespectful to women on international women's day that the best MB could celebrate was a women could drive the (AKIDA) car. ?

Reactions: 2 users

skutza

Regular
For the Mercedes enthusiasts

Not sure about the all white interior. My Tesla has white seats but the whole interior? Ouch.

Reactions: 1 users

Frangipani

Regular
Find it strange they aren't paid in Pounds.

SC

Maybe it's USD?

Given it's remote work the applicant could be from anywhere and then they have the USD conversion to their own currency which may or may not be favourable.

The applicant can always submit a higher rate too I suspect.

It does appear to be remote work, but it says explicitly that only freelancers located in the UK may apply for this job. Possibly because the nature of the job requires a background check and security clearance? 🤔

FB3782A2-7DF8-40E2-82DE-9F95EC9617B6.jpeg

To find out more, I checked out the Upwork website, which says they are “the world's largest online workplace where savvy businesses hire freelancers & remote teams.”

https://www.upwork.com/i/how-it-works/client/

F6F9A54A-0051-4144-B735-BB3C23457759.jpeg

FF932B93-999F-47B9-8881-94E753F9F2F9.jpeg

So not only is the hourly rate stated definitely in US$, but the actual payment via Upwork will also be in US$, which is indeed a problem for freelancers located outside the US (like in our case), as they will be charged a fee for currency conversion by their bank or PayPal on top of the 10 % freelancer service fee on their earnings.

US$25 - US$30 roughly equals £19.50 - £23.50 at today’s exchange rate.

My God, is that all they get $25-$30 per hour.
I get that as a Cleaner, cleaning toilets (with holiday pay and Super+ all the other extras)
and believe me, I don't need a Master's degree either.

Hi sb182,
a couple of people commented on this when FMF first posted the job ad.

But according to our resident Pom Down Under, the advertised job doesn’t seem to be shockingly underpaid:

1321BCB0-14C2-4376-BA64-04D3E73F7786.jpeg

I suppose since this is a remote job and applicants thus may not have to pay high London rental prices (as they could be located anywhere within the UK), this might still be an attractive hourly rate for some freelancers, although it does appear pretty low compared to what others in the IT industry would charge.
However, they will need to factor in that they also have to deduct the 10 % freelancer service fee on their earnings plus a currency conversion fee from US$ to £. Moreover, I am not sure whether this Big Brother surveillance thing (counting of keystrokes and taking of random screenshots) is common practice or may deter prospective applicants.

I also wonder whether or not interested freelancers would try to circumnavigate Upwork as a fee-charging agency and attempt to find out themselves who the mystery employer is, now that Upwork has provided further crucial clues (> aerospace industry & company size).

Attachments

• 88750067-AC73-4431-86FB-FF5F2D639FC4.jpeg
    88750067-AC73-4431-86FB-FF5F2D639FC4.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Geeze wilzy, even your fancy blow-up will be able to drive when akida is on all the sensors.

It's honestly embarrassing (for you) that you felt the need to comment.

• Haha
It does appear to be remote work, but it says explicitly that only freelancers located in the UK may apply for this job. Possibly because the nature of the job requires a background check and security clearance? 🤔

View attachment 58864

To find out more, I checked out the Upwork website, which says they are “the world's largest online workplace where savvy businesses hire freelancers & remote teams.”

https://www.upwork.com/i/how-it-works/client/

View attachment 58862

View attachment 58863

So not only is the hourly rate stated definitely in US$, but the actual payment via Upwork will also be in US$, which is indeed a problem for freelancers located outside the US (like in our case), as they will be charged a fee for currency conversion by their bank or PayPal on top of the 10 % freelancer service fee on their earnings.

US$25 - US$30 roughly equals £19.50 - £23.50 at today’s exchange rate.

Hi sb182,
a couple of people commented on this when FMF first posted the job ad.

But according to our resident Pom Down Under, the advertised job doesn’t seem to be shockingly underpaid:

View attachment 58870

I suppose since this is a remote job and applicants thus may not have to pay high London rental prices (as they could be located anywhere within the UK), this might still be an attractive hourly rate for some freelancers, although it does appear pretty low compared to what others in the IT industry would charge.
However, they will need to factor in that they also have to deduct the 10 % freelancer service fee on their earnings plus a currency conversion fee from US$ to £. Moreover, I am not sure whether this Big Brother surveillance thing (counting of keystrokes and taking of random screenshots) is common practice or may deter prospective applicants.

I also wonder whether or not interested freelancers would try to circumnavigate Upwork as a fee-charging agency and attempt to find out themselves who the mystery employer is, now that Upwork has provided further crucial clues (> aerospace industry & company size).
Don't forget, these guys / girls still advertising as well :unsure:

Junior Machine Learning Engineer​

Data Science UA
Diana Marchenko, IT Recruiter

About us:
Data Science UA is a service company with strong data science and AI expertise. Our journey began in 2016 with the organization of Kyiv’s first technical Data Science UA Conference, setting the foundation for our growth. Over the past 7 years, we have diligently fostered the largest Data Science Community in Eastern Europe, boasting a network of over 30,000 AI top engineers.

About role:
Data Science UA is looking for a Junior Machine Learning Engineer to become a helping hand for our internal Data Science team. Do you want to work on some real projects for our Clients and/or perform R&D of novel AI algorithms and platforms (in particular, on the neuromorphic platform Brainchip Akida)? Then apply and join our team! You will report directly to our Head of AI Consulting, PhD, which is a great opportunity for you and your further growth.

Requirements:

✅0,5-1 year of experience as ML Engineer/Data Scientist or related (alternatively, participation in open-source ML projects or Kaggle competitions);
✅Minimal expertise in CV or NLP-based projects;
✅Good knowledge of math, CS and AI fundamentals;
✅Proficiency in Python;
✅Student/graduate in the field of exact sciences (computer science, mathematics, cybernetics, physics, etc.);
✅Internship experience on commercial projects.
✅Intermediate English.

Nice to have:

✔Have your own pet projects;
✔Completed different Data Science related courses.

Responsibilities:

💡Participation in AI consulting projects for Clients from Ukraine and abroad;
💡Work on complex R&D projects;
💡Write and publish scientific papers (and possibly your diploma in University);
💡Preparation of technical content (presentations, analytical articles).

We offer:

🔥Opportunity to grow and participate in large projects of our AI R&D centers;
🔥Possibility of remote work (2-3 times a week);
🔥Development of professional skills and support in acquiring new knowledge (by attending conferences on Data Science, exchange of experience, etc.);
🔥Friendly team;
🔥Interesting tasks.

About Data Science UA​

We understand that you need more than just a search engine to find IT and technical professionals or to progress your own career, that is why we established Data Science UA.
One place connecting business and developers.

Company website:
https://data-science-ua.com/

DOU company page:
https://jobs.dou.ua/companies/data-science-ua/
Job posted on 28 February 2024
289 views 31 applications

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
This tells me all I need to know

1000025123.jpg

1000025121.jpg

1000025119.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
You then have Dreadbot delete one of my posts, from a couple of days ago, so I laugh at you privately

It's going from no credibility... to even worse now I'm afraid, if you think I was responsible for one of your posts being removed ROFL.

What I revealed is basically all anyone needs to see the real story.

It's 2024, not 1980. Embarrassing.

• Haha

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Socionext! Thanks for posting @Stable Genius!

You can even get a free ticket to Embedded World with the code they show on the video at 1.15 mins! That’s a bargain! 🆓 😝

Can one of our German friends please attend this to see if anything is revealed?

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
It's going from no credibility... to even worse now I'm afraid, if you think I was responsible for one of your posts being removed ROFL.

What I revealed is basically all anyone needs to see the real story.

It's 2024, not 1980. Embarrassing.
Oh gee, you win Wilzy, my credibility is shot.

I will hide away in the corner somewhere and lick my wounds.

20240312_232103.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

JoMo68

Regular
I read the comment as being pro women. Meaning it was disrespectful to women on international women's day that the best MB could celebrate was a women could drive the (AKIDA) car. ?
I read it that way too, plus dingo went on to explain.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Smell peanut breath - that's the invisible elephant -

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/news/the-value-investor-s-guide-to-ai/ar-BB1ibul7

The value investor’s guide to AI​

Story by Sara Allen

“The picks and shovels are the semiconductor and cloud companies developing the hardware that powers AI functionality. Often in the early stages of a gold rush, it is the suppliers of the picks and shovels rather than the gold miners that make the most profit.
The enablers are the software companies that are developing AI functionality into their products. The key to success here is owning unique datasets that can be manipulated to deliver genuine benefits for their customers.
The adopters are companies in traditional industries that can harness the power of AI to improve their competitive advantage. Sectors like healthcare, finance, and professional services such as lawyers have significant opportunities to improve efficiency and increase revenue,” he says.
Fullscreen button

Fang’s top pick from The Magnificent Seven is Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN), arguing that the market underestimates its AI potential. It has an unrivalled fulfilment, the broadest cloud footprint of any business and is trading on decent multiples.

Mclean agrees that there are still high-quality prospects in The Magnificent Seven, but some are starting to see their competitive advantage fade, like Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA). Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA), which is trading on a similar multiple, is a different story.

“Nvidia has a near monopoly, a huge technology lead over their competitors and a rapidly growing industry. Nvidia’s GPU margins are rising fast as supply struggles to meet demand leading to rising margins and returns,” he says

AI on the ASX

While Australia is not necessarily known for a large tech industry, that’s not to say you can’t find AI opportunities on the ASX.

Mclean points to Goodman Group (ASX: GMG) and Pro Medicus (ASX: PME) as potential AI plays.

“[Goodman Group] have quietly amassed a huge development pipeline of data centres. It now has over 3GW of data centre capacity in key tier 1 markets,” he says.

Imaging software leader Pro Medicus is currently going through approvals for an AI algorithm to interpret diagnostic images – “as approvals are granted, Pro Medicus’ solution could become the platform for third-party AI companies
.”

1710169474318.png
1710170255518.png

elephantnoir.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom