BRN Discussion Ongoing

When we’re talking about sums that could be in the range of 100 million USD per customer you want some kind of security/ bond in form of preliminary payments in case the customer falls out. (Insolvency, other product whatever might be the case)

Correct these payments are mostly made to at least cover production costs, costs that went into the development of the product or even for wages if you’re that risky. Highly unlikely though.

And you’re most likely correct that we’d receive a fraction of these payments because we’re at the end of the food chain at this point. We’re even receiving them fairly late I guess.

So if we’re calculating the lowest amount, of 10% preliminary payments of the 1bn USD there will be 100 million USD left. Let’s say Valeo keeps half of it because other vendors who participated want a security as well as and calculate that we’d receive 1% of the rest. 50 million USD would be left so 500k for us.
That’d be the absolute bottom of the barrel that I’m able to come up with. It’s most likely much higher than that though.
"so 500k for us"

Now we're talking more "Barnacle Bill's" if that comes through 😛👍

20240119_211005.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
No real point or obvious connection, I just think InstaDeep is a very interesting company (AI software & solutions, research).
They got aquired by BioNTech at the beginning of 2023. Areas of InstaDeep's focus and solutions are biology (e.g. drug discovery etc.), logistics, electronic design and energy.

They are not working exclusivly for BioNTech but do also work for other customers (e.g. Deutsche Bahn). But given BioNTech's focus on cancer treatments and an anticipated shift to more individualization as well in tech/AI as in medical treatments/devices (remember Nandan's examples about his wife or pacemakers) I expect more and more growth in early diagnosis of illnesses/cancer and more regular health monitoring. This could mean we will see a lot of new devices in the future (or feature enhancements in future iterations of devices we are already using) used for these puposes. What will waerable devices like smartwatches, ear buds, hearing aids, glasses, rings, fitness trackers etc. be able to monitor and recognize in 5 to 10 years from now?

But you're right, I am not joining a dot here. As I wrote before - I just think it's "nice" (it = an interesting company like InstaDeep at the same event as Brainchip).

And just another example for portable, medical diagnosis devices (still in it's early stages, but we are pros in waiting, aren't we? ;))

Why post it then and now

1705662927740.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Not looked at the sp, so did we end up green after a few shocking years?

1705663123651.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Labsy

Regular
Interesting observation. My order was triggered at 15.5c and only partially filled at close of market. Subsequent nearly over 1 million shares traded after market @15.5 c and my order remains at top of the heap partially filled....
Instos trading to themselves confirmed as fact!...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Getupthere

Regular

Business

Big by design

A $35bn mega-merger strengthens a quiet chip duopoly

The purchase of Ansys by Synopsys is a bet on the ubiquity of semiconductors

From the print edition | Jan 17, 2024

Tech dealmakers had a quiet 2023. S&P Global, a financial-data firm, reckons that total spending on technology mergers and acquisitions reached its lowest level in a decade. Big tech mostly sat on the sidelines, as it fended off trustbusters. This year began on a louder note. On January 10th Hewlett Packard Enterprise, a business-software giant, snapped up Juniper Networks, a maker of telecoms gear, for $14bn. Less than a week later Synopsys, an American maker of programs for chip designers, splurged $35bn on Ansys, a computer-simulation company.

The megadeal shines a spotlight on an obscure but critical link in the semiconductor supply chain. Like many other of its links, this one, too, is highly concentrated. Yearly sales of chip-design software have grown by 12% since 2018, twice as fast as the chip industry as a whole, to around $15bn. Synopsys and its smaller American rival, Cadence, each capture around a third of this, reckons IDC, a research firm. Siemens, a German engineering giant with 15% of the market, is a distant third. The two American firms’ market values have almost sextupled in the past five years (see chart). They are worth nearly $80bn apiece.

This growth looks likely to continue. Chipmakers such as Nvidia and AMD are racing to design better graphics-processing units (GPUs), which technology firms are hoovering up in order to train artificial-intelligence models. Big tech’s model-builders are themselves getting into the chip-design business, creating custom-made blueprints optimised for training their AIs and outsourcing manufacture to contract “foundries” like TSMC of Taiwan. This GPU race is shortening the time between releases of new chips—and more designs mean more licensing fees for the software firms. It has also reduced Synopsys’s and Cadence’s reliance on a few big chipmaking customers.

This reliance is diminished further by another trend. Although chip demand has lately been driven primarily by computers, smartphones and data centres, semiconductors increasingly pervade the economy, powering everything from cars to toasters. These products require silicon tailored to their needs. Ansys’s software, which simulates how electronic systems behave in the real world, can help with that. It enables system designers to craft the packaging of “chiplets”, as stacks of chips in modern processors are known. Sassine Ghazi, Synopsys’s boss, expects that Ansys’s broad customer base across industries, from carmaking to health care, will open up new markets for his company’s tools. The merged company will be able to offer them a complete service: Synopsys designs the chips and Ansys simulates the behaviour of systems that contain them.

The deal still needs the blessing of regulators. Mr Ghazi points out that there is not much overlap between what Synopsys and Ansys do, so their merger would not increase concentration in his firm’s core market. Even though trustbusters have grown warier of such “vertical” mergers in tech, he remains confident.

A bigger worry is China. Nearly 15% of Synopsys’s revenue comes from the country and growth there has outpaced that in any other region. Chinese chip firms buy nearly 90% of their design software from American companies, including Cadence and Synopsys. Security hawks in Washington increasingly want to keep American tech out of Chinese hands, lest it give China a boost in a bigger race: the geopolitical one for technological supremacy. ■

To stay on top of the biggest stories in business and technology, sign up to the Bottom Line, our weekly subscriber-only newsletter.

Thank you for reading
The Economist on Apple News.

To enjoy more from The Economist download our app.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
do you work for the deflection team at IR?………give them a call if not…..you will get a start on Monday!

Go to bed 🤡 like the rest of the goons that emerged today, you're only making sense in your own head.

• Haha
  • Fire

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Interesting observation. My order was triggered at 15.5c and only partially filled at close of market. Subsequent nearly over 1 million shares traded after market @15.5 c and my order remains at top of the heap partially filled....
I weakened and adjusted mine to 16c 20 minutes before close. Shit.......

Reactions: 4 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
This is why we are 15c

Be assured folks, the big end of town want your shares, CHEAP, and will stop at nothing to take them from you as we witness here daily.

If you've done your research, there are no doubts left, just time.

If you haven't, and you are questioning your investment, start here again

The only question i can see that is left to answer is wen?

But something tells me i will get my answer this year.

GLTAH DYOR opinion only

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Pmel

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users

manny100

Regular
That's gold Proga 👍
So you think he's not stupid, but still an idiot 🤣

Schnitzel lover, isn't an attention seeking troll, in my opinion.

His agenda is simple, whether he is acting on his own accord, or for someone else.

He seeks to sow doubt and fear, for his own or others benefit.
So that people will sell and either he or other party's, can get their orders filled/stock returned.

He will say, that he has no intention of buying, until he sees a change in trend.
Although, by his own accounts, he has already been in and out several times.

The fact that he is not a complete simpleton, is why I reply to "some" of his posts, when he says things that are deliberately misleading, or untrue.

His post about ARM, having a "loss making" business model, which BrainChip had adopted, took me all of a 20 second Google search, to disprove.

He is smart enough to work that out, if he puts in even a "little" delving, before he posts.

But Truth/honesty, is not a good tool for him.
Psychologists say you post your personality. It always comes through. Pretty much says it all.
It's sad really for SL.

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_8201.jpeg

The Edge AI and Alliance team spent last week at CES, tracking the latest technologies for edge AI and machine perception. We had a chance to catch up with Member companies, including STMicroelectronics, BrainChip , Microchip Technology Inc., e-con Systems, NXP Semiconductors and Cadence Design Systems.

If you missed out on this year’s CES, don’t worry: you can see the best edge AI and machine perception technologies at the 2024 Embedded Vision Summit — May 21-23 in Santa Clara, California! Register now: https://lnkd.in/dpYRZSC

Pictured:

- Narayanan Rajan of ST demonstrates ST's VB1940 image sensor used with ST's transmissive diffraction mask and Airy3D's 3D software technology to enable depth sensing along with standard image capture from a single 2D image sensor.
- Todd Viera of Brainchip demonstrates depth-sensor based low-power face recognition using the BrainChip AKD1000 reference SoC and the onsemi AF0310 time-of-flight depth sensor.
- Pulin Desai of Cadence demos a Kneron KL720 chip incorporating the Cadence Tensilica Vision P6 DSP running YOLO v5 at low power.
- Microchip’s Krishnakumar demonstrates their VectorBlox Accelerator SDK with an extremely low-power non-volatile (non-RAM-based) FPGA.
- Suganthi Sugumaran of e-con Systems shows off their Full HD GMSL2 Global Shutter Camera for self-checkout, which can capture high-speed, high-quality images—crucial for reliable self-service retail applications.

IMG_8202.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

TECH

Regular
Hi @TECH, I agree with your sense of BRN having turned the corner, but my view is that: we won't know that for sure until we see consistent and growing monies in the 4Cs. The eco system is becoming more compelling and is growing very fast lately, and with some very exciting names, so that all continues to build an underlying belief. So I'm thinking that the next (nearly due) 4C probably won't see much revenue and we know that there are no new contracts, however my hope is that we begin to see something in the March Qtrly

I have strong respect for your belief and steadfastness, and on the whole am very appreciative of what you bring here.

Excitement is something that I feel, and I like to be excited, however at times excitement can simply be the front runner for a let down, so I watch my excitement levels particularly with regard to investments, and I certainly watch very carefully the "thing" of getting attached to outcomes, not saying I've got that lifetime challenge down, but I'm playing at being mindful there.

While the education grows here, none of us long termers knew when we initially began building positions that the company would be shifting to an IP sales model, and the extended timeframes that this move would entail, even now many newer investors still do not understand the process and how it is impacting income for BRN. So income has become a slow burn, this has not been helped by the macro economic environment we now find enveloping the world, and war never helps anything, management have played that card and it's obvious it hasn't helped.

I have mentioned this before, and I will say it again, I am not so sanguine or bullish as some here about global economic prospects going forward, that doesn't mean I am all that negative, but a big fascination of mine (and has long been) is with regard to political, historic and socio/economic research, and there is "stuff" going on out there that concerns me, and I am certainly mindful of it - I read widely and a lot. Primarily I want success and I hope and pray (again) for good things and bountiful returns for those here who are invested.

So this concern is not so much with the disruptive tech which BRN is working on taking to the world, but rather that things here on earth don't get too wacky (messed up) before BRN/Akidas can get widespread traction out there in the world of business/commerce, that is another timeframe I look at.

I'm confident in what BRN are doing and I am well enough researched to know that the tech is outstanding. The company have certainly made mistakes, and some of that has been /is very annoying to me, but I think they are building the basis for success into the future (but as I said there are real concerns there IMO). On the management front if I were at the AGM I would have questions about their failure to use the ASX platform to announce a plethora of worthwhile information to Australian investors. I am well aware others will have different questions

There have been mistakes, there has also clearly been very good progress, I don't expect perfect, but as Sean said he should be judged on results, and I would also take that as: he would therefore be responsible for what has or hasn't happened.

With regard to Peter I remain a big fan (although it is IMO unfortunate that he made the "explosive growth" remark, but I think at the time certain external economic factors had not taken hold) Peter has invented something that could change the world, which would make him a person of some genius, he has for a long time come across as a humble man of high integrity. But I wouldn't know if money was a driving passion for him, and to be quite honest I hope that it is. So I don't agree with your sentiment @TECH, with regard to "and there within lies the problem for many". I am here to make money and am totally comfortable with that sentiment.

I don't love BRN, but I have not sold a single share (and am thinking of buying more, it's a few years, but maybe I will) and at present I remain in the green, however I do have empathy for holders here who are taking a beating (i really think that the Mercedes reveal was unfortunate, and created unrealistic expectations and set many retail investors up for bad manipulation by malevolent actors). Having said that I don't like some who come here wanting to be serial whingers who apparently take pleasure in slagging off other people here who continue to do excellent research and remain strong in their investment sentiment. That kind of behaviour is what losers get into. If you have something to say, yes say it, but needing to say it several times a day, every day, means you have most likely got.....well good luck with it.

At the end of the day we all pushed the buy button, and as far as I am concerned, that is where the ultimate responsibility lies - observe what is moving inside and if you need, or want to, take action. And as you might say Tech have a good evening.

Good Morning,

Thanks for your excellent post, nicely balanced opinions.

With regards my quoted comment, it, as stated, was referring to the constant moaners on this forum, always the victim, why me ? who can
I blame for my decision (choice) making, let's blame Sean and Co etc...you don't fall into that category from my observations.

Whereas the moaners, I believe are "totally driven by money" which I personally believe is "there within lies the problem," we are all investing
here and wish to see some sort of return on that investment, but when it consumes your soul day in day out like a gambler it can't be healthy
for your overall wellbeing to the point it effects your mood and everyone around you (forum) with this constant negative attitude.

Anyway, I believe that we both have an excellent stock that will deliver when the time is 100% right.

Kind regards.....Tech :)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 110 users

charles2

Regular
Huge up day in US markets...especially tech.

You know the saying....rising tide lifts all boats....(except submarines)

Time for Brainchip to surface and get the screw turning.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users
A question here @Fact Finder, I have asked this here previously but am not aware of anyone answering my question, so I ask again.

Do we know who was responsible for the vote against the remuneration report specifically, as I understand it there would not have been enough retail people present at the AGM to support that vote, so my thinking it must have been via a lot of retail proxies.

Usually from what I have observed with regard to remuneration strikes, for retail investors to be coherent enough to support a strike there needs to be widespread dissatisfaction and some activist investors who promote and disseminate info to promote said strike, I am not aware of any such being widely discussed at that time, either here or HC.

Or could it have been an institutional holder(s), who had unknown motives. I have asked you because I believe it has been mentioned that you were present at the meeting.

You also state that the top 1000 shareholders own 70% of SOI, so 51% of votes could be garnered from top 1000, we know PVDM & AM have significant holdings but not enough to cover 51%, and I am curious about the intents of some institutional holders because of a pattern of block voting at AGMs. I have no definitive info to support this whatsoever, but there is a pattern which I illustrate below
2023 remuneration vote below

View attachment 54699

Further I am now going back to the 2022 AGM where there was a large block of votes which opposed the re-election of PVDM to the Board. This shocked me at the time and I believe others here felt the same way, Peter had been installed as acting CEO after the resignation Lou Di Nardo in March 2021, but stepped down from that role in Nov 2021 when Sean Hehir was appointed to that role.

So again this was another significant block of votes which must have been an organized retail group, or powerful organic retail reaction against PVDM, who to all intents and purposes was a respected Board member and CTO. Or was it an institutional actor?
Below is 2022 vote targeting PVDM

View attachment 54696

I am also aware that there was another significant block of votes opposed to the remuneration package at the 2021 AGM, so there has been ongoing significant blocks of votes opposing remuneration for some time.
2021 vote below

View attachment 54697

So if anyone else other than Fact Finder has any thinking about these consistent and significant blocks of votes at our AGMs, I would appreciate feedback you may have. I have no trust whatsoever with regard to the ASX and their total lack of respect or regulation toward the fair treatment of retail market participants, or the absence of any apparent disposition on their part to prevent corrupt and malicious SP manipulation.
Hi McHale
All I have is a theory. Go back to the beginnings and who created the company. Who still holds large very large parcels from that time. Who liked to be on centre stage with Peter and Anil. Think about what the company looked like after the arrival of Antonio and Sean and the subtle power shift and who might have experienced relevance deprivation and needed to kick a few shins to say don’t ignore me.

No evidence at all just a theory but ask yourself apart from a muscle flex what was the practical effect of the vote. As far as I could tell it changed nothing.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Chris B

Talks about Edge/On Device AI

WoW. Great video to watch.. Thanks... How does that saying go... 🍎 Apple one day, will keep the down rampers at bay 🍎

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Mt09

Regular
Hi McHale
All I have is a theory. Go back to the beginnings and who created the company. Who still holds large very large parcels from that time. Who liked to be on centre stage with Peter and Anil. Think about what the company looked like after the arrival of Antonio and Sean and the subtle power shift and who might have experienced relevance deprivation and needed to kick a few shins to say don’t ignore me.

No evidence at all just a theory but ask yourself apart from a muscle flex what was the practical effect of the vote. As far as I could tell it changed nothing.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Mitro

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Jasonk

Regular
Out of interest, has anyone found out if the Samsung24 out in Feb can use AI photo editing without an internet connection, unlike current attempts that are sending the image to cloud? I have had a google but not much luck.

I think that it flys under radar as most people would always have reception but not going to cloud would be a leap forward.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom