BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_8177.jpeg

🥁 It's official: "Edge AI Movement" stole the show at this year's CES!

What gives? Because it greatly embodies the popular idealism of "AI Everywhere. For Everyone."🌐

Edge AI gives wings (of #Inference) to thin clients, puts 32-bit MCUs on steroids, and more importantly, translates directly into a new market for tens of billions of affordable (<$10 each) AI/ML-capable chips (e.g., NPUs); in contrast to millions of exorbitant ($10k-$100k each) DPUs/GPUs/DLAs currently required for implementing Cloud AI.

📋 Enclosed is a list of 24 leading semiconductor startups in the field of Edge AI (in alphabetical order; Q1 ’24 Edition):

🍦Alif Semiconductor
🍦AONDevices, Inc.
🍦Axelera AI
🍦Blaize
🍦BrainChip
🍦DEEPX
🍦Edge Impulse
🍦Efinix, Inc.
🍦Esperanto Technologies, Inc
🍦Eta Compute
🍦Expedera Inc.
🍦Flex Logix Technologies, Inc.
🍦GreenWaves Technologies
🍦HALIO, Inc.
🍦INUITIVE
🍦Kinara, Inc.
🍦Mythic
🍦Perceive
🍦Quadric
🍦Roviero Inc.
🍦SiMa.ai
🍦Syntiant Corp.
🍦Tenstorrent Inc.
🍦Untether AI

⚾ Knowing when to pivot is an essential survival skill for every startup. More than one of the honorees above have pivoted from an IC model to an IP one (and vice versa), given this everchanging and increasingly competitive market.

🎲 6 more notables in this esteemed cohort of Edge AI chip startups:

🍭Ceremorphic, Inc.
🍭Condor Computing Corporation
🍭Edgecortix
🍭Fabric Cryptography
🍭MIPS (Not a startup per se but you get the idea🖖)
🍭Rain AI

In closing, AI implemented near/on/at the Edge—in a distributed or, in some cases, decentralized fashion—offers a perfect complement to a largely centralized, Cloud-based AI, while injecting new energy and life (with neural networks) to an arguably lukewarm 5G/IoT market. Not only #semiconductor #startups but also megacorporations have taken notice; from #AMD to #AnalogDevices, from #Intel to #Infineon, from #Nvidia to #NXP, #Google to #Qualcomm, and the list goes on... Exciting times ahead!🏇

📝Notes:
#AI: Artificial Intelligence
#IoT: Internet of Things
#MCU: Microcontroller Unit
#ML: Machine Learning
#NPU: Neural Processing Unit
#DPU: Data Processing Unit
#GPU: Graphics Processing Unit
#DLA: Deep-Learning Accelerator
#IC: Integrated Circuit
#IP: Intellectual Property

Additional reading:
🏷️Xnor.ai (acquired by Apple): https://lnkd.in/dsT2ZuG9
🏷️NeuRRAM by Stanford University: https://lnkd.in/gDGD2TRK
🏷️Edge AI and Vision Alliance (Blog): https://lnkd.in/gBZHWMj7
🏷️Plumerai (Blog): https://blog.plumerai.com
🏷️Deloitte (TMT Predictions 2020): https://lnkd.in/g_a3XJDh
🏷️Notes on #CES2023: https://lnkd.in/gDg2x32n
🏷️Notes on #CES2022: https://lnkd.in/g7vsjNCr

➟To be continued.

#SemiconductorIndustry #Semiconductors #EdgeAI #EdgeComputing #EdgeSecurity #EdgeNetwork #EdgetoCloud #CES2024 #CIM #5G #SiP #HeterogeneousIntegration #AdvancedPackaging #AIIoT #DistributedComputing #Blockchain #CloudAI #CloudComputing

IMG_8176.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Crestman

Regular
Shout out to @buena suerte :-)

Just checking you are ok as I know 120 hectares has been burnt due to bushfires in your area?

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Oh for sure, one is simply a precursor to the other.
I've been thinking about this a lot today, especially about the choice of wording.
My biggest questions are:

1. How do they define a "customer"? (does it exclude collaborations/partners)
2. How many customers make up the 8 products?
3. If a customer is deemed as paying for IP (rather than for engineering services), does that mean Megachips is servicing many products with Akida with each node?
4. Are any known connections actually customers of our customers?
My answers..

1. Everyone they deal with, would be considered a customer, in some way.

2. Could be less than 8 customers for 8 designs, But more likely individual.

3. Could be, Renesas could/would be one and we know MegaChips is a strategic partner, with a full licence (with 3 or 4 onsold) so there's the possibility of some more licence fees, popping up this quarterly, if that's the case..
But I don't think that's how they are defining the "8" and licence fees, may only be payable, on a successful design, to be implemented?

4. I think the known connections are direct customers.

Just my opinions.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
View attachment 54226

🥁 It's official: "Edge AI Movement" stole the show at this year's CES!

What gives? Because it greatly embodies the popular idealism of "AI Everywhere. For Everyone."🌐

Edge AI gives wings (of #Inference) to thin clients, puts 32-bit MCUs on steroids, and more importantly, translates directly into a new market for tens of billions of affordable (<$10 each) AI/ML-capable chips (e.g., NPUs); in contrast to millions of exorbitant ($10k-$100k each) DPUs/GPUs/DLAs currently required for implementing Cloud AI.

📋 Enclosed is a list of 24 leading semiconductor startups in the field of Edge AI (in alphabetical order; Q1 ’24 Edition):

🍦Alif Semiconductor
🍦AONDevices, Inc.
🍦Axelera AI
🍦Blaize
🍦BrainChip
🍦DEEPX
🍦Edge Impulse
🍦Efinix, Inc.
🍦Esperanto Technologies, Inc
🍦Eta Compute
🍦Expedera Inc.
🍦Flex Logix Technologies, Inc.
🍦GreenWaves Technologies
🍦HALIO, Inc.
🍦INUITIVE
🍦Kinara, Inc.
🍦Mythic
🍦Perceive
🍦Quadric
🍦Roviero Inc.
🍦SiMa.ai
🍦Syntiant Corp.
🍦Tenstorrent Inc.
🍦Untether AI

⚾ Knowing when to pivot is an essential survival skill for every startup. More than one of the honorees above have pivoted from an IC model to an IP one (and vice versa), given this everchanging and increasingly competitive market.

🎲 6 more notables in this esteemed cohort of Edge AI chip startups:

🍭Ceremorphic, Inc.
🍭Condor Computing Corporation
🍭Edgecortix
🍭Fabric Cryptography
🍭MIPS (Not a startup per se but you get the idea🖖)
🍭Rain AI

In closing, AI implemented near/on/at the Edge—in a distributed or, in some cases, decentralized fashion—offers a perfect complement to a largely centralized, Cloud-based AI, while injecting new energy and life (with neural networks) to an arguably lukewarm 5G/IoT market. Not only #semiconductor #startups but also megacorporations have taken notice; from #AMD to #AnalogDevices, from #Intel to #Infineon, from #Nvidia to #NXP, #Google to #Qualcomm, and the list goes on... Exciting times ahead!🏇

📝Notes:
#AI: Artificial Intelligence
#IoT: Internet of Things
#MCU: Microcontroller Unit
#ML: Machine Learning
#NPU: Neural Processing Unit
#DPU: Data Processing Unit
#GPU: Graphics Processing Unit
#DLA: Deep-Learning Accelerator
#IC: Integrated Circuit
#IP: Intellectual Property

Additional reading:
🏷️Xnor.ai (acquired by Apple): https://lnkd.in/dsT2ZuG9
🏷️NeuRRAM by Stanford University: https://lnkd.in/gDGD2TRK
🏷️Edge AI and Vision Alliance (Blog): https://lnkd.in/gBZHWMj7
🏷️Plumerai (Blog): https://blog.plumerai.com
🏷️Deloitte (TMT Predictions 2020): https://lnkd.in/g_a3XJDh
🏷️Notes on #CES2023: https://lnkd.in/gDg2x32n
🏷️Notes on #CES2022: https://lnkd.in/g7vsjNCr

➟To be continued.

#SemiconductorIndustry #Semiconductors #EdgeAI #EdgeComputing #EdgeSecurity #EdgeNetwork #EdgetoCloud #CES2024 #CIM #5G #SiP #HeterogeneousIntegration #AdvancedPackaging #AIIoT #DistributedComputing #Blockchain #CloudAI #CloudComputing

View attachment 54225
"Edge AI gives wings (of #Inference) to thin clients, puts 32-bit MCUs on steroids, and more importantly, translates directly into a new market for tens of billions of affordable (<$10 each) AI/ML-capable chips (e.g., NPUs); in contrast to millions of exorbitant ($10k-$100k each) DPUs/GPUs/DLAs currently required for implementing Cloud AI"

When Ken Scarince, said we were disrupting a market, that hadn't been created yet.

This is what he was talking about.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 65 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
"Edge AI gives wings (of #Inference) to thin clients, puts 32-bit MCUs on steroids, and more importantly, translates directly into a new market for tens of billions of affordable (<$10 each) AI/ML-capable chips (e.g., NPUs); in contrast to millions of exorbitant ($10k-$100k each) DPUs/GPUs/DLAs currently required for implementing Cloud AI"

When Ken Scarince, said we were disrupting a market, that hadn't been created yet.

This is what he was talking about.
Absolutely DB ,

Strap in Chippers

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Shout out to @buena suerte :-)

Just checking you are ok as I know 120 hectares has been burnt due to bushfires in your area?
Hey ..A.. @Crestman ...Thanks so much for your message mate :)

We have fires East/West and North of us, so on 👀full alert 👀

We are on watch and act at the moment....Camper trailer hooked up..Couple of bags packed ...fingers crossed!! 🤞🙏

The Firefighters in the air & on the ground doing an amazing job! THANKS so much guys and gals 🙏🙏🙏

1705210841973.png

Hopefully some BIG BRN news next week ?

Cheers

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 57 users
I think Tech was letting us all know by saying he'll review beginning of 25, by this time Brainchip will either be a hit or a miss

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Mt09

Regular
The more I read, reread, look back and listen to old interviews and come back and apply all these learnings to the present including the recent CES2024 and piecing things together over the last 2.5years, my mind is blown away that when Rob Telson said at the end of an interview in July 2021 that this is just the tip of the iceberg, he got that comment DEAD RIGHT.

Sure the financials is not showing fireworks yet but nor was Tesla and other big companies starting out. But what each of these companies have in common with Brainchip is Vision and Expertise to be successful.

I shake my head when I see the crap on crapper and some of the suspect weeds on here and I know for a FACT that they are either shitty try hard negative manipulators or just too plain dumb to not comprehend anything that Brainchip has ever published or not understood anything that they have listened to.

An invaluable interview for example 13 July 2021 dicoposse interviewing Rob Telson.

I know its some time back but and its just over an hour but its one hell of a fantastic interview!

Rob said in 2021 its just the tip of the iceberg which we all knows the meaning of that.

I will summarise it soon because listening back to this makes alot of sense to where we are now and I believe the ignition lighter is about to fire up the rocket ! 🗼🔥
I must have listened to this podcast a dozen times over a period during all the covid crap, bit of a ray of light when there wasn’t a whole lot externally visible going on with the company.

Reactions: 2 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20240114_145204_LinkedIn.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
The more I read, reread, look back and listen to old interviews and come back and apply all these learnings to the present including the recent CES2024 and piecing things together over the last 2.5years, my mind is blown away that when Rob Telson said at the end of an interview in July 2021 that this is just the tip of the iceberg, he got that comment DEAD RIGHT.

Sure the financials is not showing fireworks yet but nor was Tesla and other big companies starting out. But what each of these companies have in common with Brainchip is Vision and Expertise to be successful.

I shake my head when I see the crap on crapper and some of the suspect weeds on here and I know for a FACT that they are either shitty try hard negative manipulators or just too plain dumb to not comprehend anything that Brainchip has ever published or not understood anything that they have listened to.

An invaluable interview for example 13 July 2021 dicoposse interviewing Rob Telson.

I know its some time back but and its just over an hour but its one hell of a fantastic interview!

Rob said in 2021 its just the tip of the iceberg which we all knows the meaning of that.

I will summarise it soon because listening back to this makes alot of sense to where we are now and I believe the ignition lighter is about to fire up the rocket ! 🗼🔥
You’re not wrong. The rest is underwater..

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
This one's dedicated to you David 😉

• Haha

Worker122

Regular
Hey ..A.. @Crestman ...Thanks so much for your message mate :)

We have fires East/West and North of us, so on 👀full alert 👀

We are on watch and act at the moment....Camper trailer hooked up..Couple of bags packed ...fingers crossed!! 🤞🙏

The Firefighters in the air & on the ground doing an amazing job! THANKS so much guys and gals 🙏🙏🙏

View attachment 54232

Hopefully some BIG BRN news next week ?

Cheers
Good Luck Buena Suerte :)

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
  • Haha
0% chance……..there is a difference between Cloud/Server AI and Edge AI……….Gaudi 3 is going after NVIDIA Data Centre AI (they throw more power at computation to achieve “AI”…..hence the need for ‘cooling’)………NVIDIA is taking it to the Auto industry and now Intel is following……they think they can use more power to compute the sensor data and use the cloud-to-chip.

Nothing to do with Akida……..hope you are enjoying your 🐂💩 award 🏆…….don’t worry, I’m not so vain as to say “I told you so”!

Intel and Vertiv working on liquid cooling for Gaudi3 AI chip​

Staff Writer
By Staff Writer, ITWeb
Johannesburg, 12 Dec 2023

Vertiv will provide cooling for Intel’s Gaudi3 AI accelerator.

Vertiv will provide cooling for Intel’s Gaudi3 AI accelerator.

Intel is working with digital infrastructure provider Vertiv on a new liquid cooling solution for its Gaudi3 AI accelerator chipset.
Set to launch in 2024, the Gaudi3 processor is designed for the most demanding data centre workloads, AI training, and inferencing, positioning it as Intel's contender against the industry-leading Nvidia AI technology.
The Intel Gaudi3 AI accelerator will enable both liquid-cooled and air-cooled servers, supported by Vertiv pumped two-phase (P2P) cooling infrastructure.
The cooling solution is crucial for AI applications and high-performance computing. Performing intense computations on massive amounts of data leads to increased power consumption and heat generation. Cooling solutions help dissipate this heat, ensuring that the chip operates at its best performance without the risk of overheating.
John Nieman, SVP global thermal line of businesses at Vertiv, says the company is expanding its liquid cooling portfolio to support big tech companies such as Intel.
Liquid cooling also provides a more eco-friendly and cost-efficient solution compared to traditional cooling methods, although it is more complex to install.
“To support increasing thermal design power and heat flux for next-generation accelerators, Intel has worked with Vertiv and other ecosystem
partners

to enable a cooling solution that will help customers meet critical sustainability goals,” says Dr Devdatta Kulkarni, principal engineer of this project at Intel.

The microprocessor giant introduced Gaudi2 in 2022, aiming to rival Nvidia's A100 GPUs as the preferred choice for enterprises training large language models. The acquisition of Israel-based Habana for $2 billion in late 2019 paved the way for this development.
Well everybody's shaking hands and rubbing shoulders, so we're going to squeeze in there somewhere..

Anil Mankar, recognises achievements, which may not have anything directly to do with us, but we do have a direct relationship with Intel, through IFS.

"The acquisition of Israel-based Habana for $2 billion in late 2019 paved the way for this development"

We also just got Steve Thorne, from Habana Labs (VP of sales) which indicates, that we probably have a direct relationship with them too.

Business, is all about building relationships, so no connection, is insignificant, in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom