BRN Discussion Ongoing

Thats because they wanted you to call it applescreens!
Well there lawyers scared me enough to change my name to Apple instead

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Proga

Regular
How on earth are they going to cover 62mil ?? I just don't get it!
The price will be well over $2.34 by the time they manage to cover as noone is selling!
I just don't get how on earth u would want to short 62 million shares . Im beyond understanding
They have already covered 82m in 3 months. Almost there. How? 🤷‍♂️

Thanks to @buena suerte :-) we know the volume is being traded. Apart from the 30th of November I haven't noticed too much after close trading.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Frangipani

Regular
tom&Jerry likes this post

*Baconlover likes this post

I am somewhat surprised so many of you believe it is actually BaconLover playing cat and mouse over on HC.

As I see it, the real BaconLover seems to be rather amused by that assumption; at least he appeared to be, when some HC posters made that claim a while ago (I haven’t been following it that closely since…), though, at the same time he also voiced his disappointment over being mistaken for someone else he deems way less intelligent than himself. So perhaps I can brighten his day a little (as he evidently continues to read the BRN threads in this forum) and hand him a cool pack for his bruised ego by reassuring him that not everyone suspects BaconLover and TomAndJerry to be the same person.

So here comes my theory: After getting himself banned from TSE just over two months ago, the poster with the self-professed penchant for salt-cured pork decided to rise from the dead in that place that shall not be named, where he is now reunited with his equally ousted Phoenix-like mate, who in contrast has never felt it a necessity to change his four-word-username (except for replacing an r with an R at the time of the Great Migration to this forum here). Now being (forcefully) retired from TSE, the latter appears to have found a new hobby (or has more likely resumed an old one): he enjoys making up endearing nicknames for select contributors here, including me - how sweet of him. (In case your sarcasm detector is faulty: I couldn’t care less.)

BaconLover aka Deadrise and I may be worlds apart in many of our beliefs (or what I consider conspiracy theories on his part), but we both happen to suspect the same(j) person hiding behind TomAndJerry. But then again, what would Ms FancyPants know? 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
I am somewhat surprised so many of you believe it is actually BaconLover playing cat and mouse over on HC.

As I see it, the real BaconLover seems to be rather amused by that assumption; at least he appeared to be, when some HC posters made that claim a while ago (I haven’t been following it that closely since…), though, at the same time he also voiced his disappointment over being mistaken for someone else he deems way less intelligent than himself. So perhaps I can brighten his day a little (as he evidently continues to read the BRN threads in this forum) and hand him a cool pack for his bruised ego by reassuring him that not everyone suspects BaconLover and TomAndJerry to be the same person.

So here comes my theory: After getting himself banned from TSE just over two months ago, the poster with the self-professed penchant for salt-cured pork decided to rise from the dead in that place that shall not be named, where he is now reunited with his equally ousted Phoenix-like mate, who in contrast has never felt it a necessity to change his four-word-username (except for replacing an r with an R at the time of the Great Migration to this forum here). Now being (forcefully) retired from TSE, the latter appears to have found a new hobby (or has more likely resumed an old one): he enjoys making up endearing nicknames for select contributors here, including me - how sweet of him. (In case your sarcasm detector is faulty: I couldn’t care less.)

BaconLover aka Deadrise and I may be worlds apart in many of our beliefs (or what I consider conspiracy theories on his part), but we both happen to suspect the same(j) person hiding behind TomAndJerry. But then again, what would Ms FancyPants know? 🤣
1701857896144.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Tothemoon24

Regular
Sean has mentioned that there’s interest in our IP from the hearing aid world .
Perhaps a dot can be drawn from the below article

18 th August

Intel’s Strategic Positioning​

Intel’s CEO, Pat Gelsinger, highlighted the company’s focus on a “beneficial total cost of ownership (TCO) at every node on the AI continuum.” It implies that Intel isn’t just chasing high-end AI applications. It is looking at the entire spectrum — from high-powered data centers processing vast amounts of data to low-power devices like hearing aids. This broad focus is emblematic of a company that sees AI’s potential to revolutionize every piece of tech we use. That means better user experiences for the device user and many new use cases for the enterprise that looks to use intelligent endpoints to revolutionize its business.

The democratization of AI, as Gelsinger puts it, will eventually make AI ubiquitous. This strategy contrasts with an approach where AI is seen as a premium or niche feature. For example, some higher-end premium smartphones now feature AI-enhanced cameras for photography, something lower-end phones do not yet offer. Another example is advanced driver assistance available on many premium cars. This feature has been shown to improve safe driving and help avoid accidents but is not yet available on more basic models. Instead, Intel aims for AI to be a default, standard component across devices and applications. It will create a somewhat level playing field for device OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and the applications that utilize these devices for data capture and transmit.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Easytiger

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Tothemoon24

Regular
IMG_7906.jpeg
I'm stoked to wrap up this exhilarating year by attending the 13th edition of the European CubeSat Symposium here in Leuven, Belgium 🇧🇪. On Monday, I'll take the stage as the second speaker to discuss how we make and keep space accessible to all.

During the talk, I'll pose a burning question: "How does Artificial Intelligence in space differ from here on Earth?" 🤔 By diving deep into this challenge, we can empower every AI engineer to design, train, and deploy neural networks in orbit more effectively. Let's work together to leverage the power of AI and shape the new space industry. 🚀 I can't wait to see you there!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Easytiger

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
They were told what they needed to hear
I think it's more just them accepting, that we are simply too close to significant Company progress, to risk such a large short position at these levels.

I think they've known that for a while, but they simply could not get the volume, required to cover.

The huge volume that went through, after the LDA announcement, provided much welcome relief to them, in my opinion.

A wasted opportunity for us..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Easytiger

Regular
I think it's more just them accepting, that we are simply too close to significant Company progress, to risk such a large short position at these levels.

I think they've known that for a while, but they simply could not get the volume, required to cover.

The huge volume that went through, after the LDA announcement, provided much welcome relief to them, in my opinion.

A wasted opportunity for us..
What Morpheus said to Neo. When Neo said to Morpheous that the Oracle had told him that he was not the one. Is Sean the one?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Easytiger

Regular
Reactions: 1 users
What Morpheus said to Neo. When Neo said to Morpheous that the Oracle had told him that he was not the one. Is Sean the one?
I think Sean is more like the Oracle..

AKIDA is... The ONE!

da89vda-06250109-563d-4600-89fd-b3d1e735b3e8.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Seems Fraunhofer want to play with Akida in medical signal processing and future 5G+ and 6G.

Nice.

City: Berlin
Date: Nov 17, 2023

Student Assistant* Signal Processing, Sensor Technology​

The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30 000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.

Future. Discover. Together.
The "Wireless Communications and Networks" department of the Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications, Heinrich Hertz Institute, develops wireless communication systems with a focus on future generations of cellular communications (5G+ and 6G). The "Signal and Information Processing (SIP)" group works in an international environment in research projects on highly topical issues in the field of signal processing, mobile communications, as well as applications in relevant fields. We are looking for several student assistants to support research projects on neuromorphic signal processing in the area of (medical) sensory applications. Be a part of our team and come on a journey of research and innovation!

What you will do

• Support in the evaluation of innovative approaches to 6G-based recording of vital parameters (e.g. respiratory rate, pulse, movement patterns) using Integrated Communication and Sensing (ICAS) and their energy-efficient (pre-)processing and transmission in 5G/6G-based networks
  • Implementation of novel sensor and processing concepts on hardware-related processing and transmission platforms
  • Support the implementation of algorithms on neuromorphic hardware architectures (such as SpiNNaker and Akida)
  • Development and implementation of machine learning algorithms as well as the design and implementation of real-time software in C++
  • Carrying out experiments and simulations and evaluation of the performance of the algorithms developed for innovative applications

What you bring to the table

• Full-time study with good grades at a German university or college in the fields of: electrical engineering, (medical) informatics, communications engineering, applied mathematics, physics or similar
  • Interest in signal processing, communications engineering and wireless communication networks (5G/6G)
  • Good knowledge of C/C++ programming and experience with multi-threaded applications
  • Experience with AI, deep learning and signal processing/sensor fusion
  • Interest and interdisciplinary collaboration in the areas of medicine, data processing, communication technology and AI

Furthermore desirable are:
  • Understanding of basic machine learning algorithms and knowledge of common frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
  • Experience with hardware programming, real-time software and event-driven architectures
  • Interest and interdisciplinary collaboration in the areas of medicine, data processing, communication technology and AI

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users
This one was shared a couple of times already but I want to highlight it one last time. Since Lou told us years ago that a South Korean company has spent possibly more time in validating the technology than BRN itself we have speculated a lot who it could have been.
Samsung is known for exploring neural processing units. They’ve started exploring the idea behind this technology publicly in 2019, maybe earlier. The results are various chip designs and updated ones named “Exynos” which include an ai-enabled NPU.
Here —> https://semiconductor.samsung.com/e...aunched the premium,previous model (the 9810).

Since Samsung is able to design and produce their ships themselves instead of relying on TSMC or other manufacturers it seems only logical that they’re able to come up with different approaches and designs. There’s more room for trial and error. Processes are quicker costs lower. Up until now they did not primarily focus on energy consumption but rather performance. At least publicly. They rather highlighted the performance of the entire chipset of every model that I’ve found so far.

Now comes into play the roadmap from Samsung for 2024. This roadmap perfectly aligns with all the facts, markets and material from BRN that’s out there for us to see. Buzz words and use cases sound very much alike from what we’re hearing from our management team.

From the Samsung roadmap for 2024:

- The company plans to empower its home appliances with generative AI capabilities, ensuring more intuitive interactions between users and their devices. Consequently, Samsung plans to equip its home appliances with an ultra-low-power Neural Processing Unit (NPU) chipset. This chipset will play a vital role in facilitating the efficient functioning of generative AI, ensuring a harmonious and user-friendly experience.

- The generative AI technology will not be confined to a single facet but will encompass voice recognition, visual processing, and display functionality. “Generative AI technologies will be applied to voice, vision and display,”

-Samsung’s vision is to have home appliances that deeply understand user behaviour and preferences, resulting in context-aware and intelligent responses

- The AI-driven enhancements won’t be confined to a select range of devices; they will be widespread across Samsung’s appliance lineup, covering premium and entry-level products. The same can be seen in Samsung’s operating system, ‘Tizen,’ which will receive substantial upgrades. Tizen, optimized for voice recognition and video processing, will be strengthened with AI capabilities.

And most importantly. For the first time energy consumption seems to be one of the key aspect in the chipset.

- Further, Samsung is engineering an energy-efficient chipset, addressing smart homedevices’ growing complexity and data intensity. The aim is to keep power consumption to a minimum, targeting an impressive goal of less than 0.1 watts of energy utilization over 24 hours for AI-enabled appliances.

Article —> https://www.koreatechtoday.com/samsung-unveils-2024-generative-ai-roadmap-for-home-appliances/

Now why does the timeframe align? Because we were told that the first generation wasn’t robust enough and too narrow in its use case. If there’s one South Korean company that has tested Akida already, more thoroughly than BRN its part of the early access partners. These partners were the first which got access for the second gen. The use cases different entry points for their products along with the overall alignment with their phrasing seems like a very hot lead to me. Don’t forget that home appliances were one hot topic already 1-2 years ago.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

cosors

👀
In my view, Bosh is out of the race and will buy what others develop in our or my two sectors. They have clearly changed their focus in these sectors. I'm not spending any more time on them.

____
They have a ticket system for their workflow. They actually indeed process two-year-old tickets that no longer make any sense. Burned working time. They had invested in the right places but didn't have the stamina in either. From my point of view from the sidelines. May a Bosh employee disagree with me here, if.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
Seems Fraunhofer want to play with Akida in medical signal processing and future 5G+ and 6G.

Nice.

The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30 000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.

The "Wireless Communications and Networks" department of the Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications, Heinrich Hertz Institute, develops wireless communication systems with a focus on future generations of cellular communications (5G+ and 6G). The "Signal and Information Processing (SIP)" group works in an international environment in research projects on highly topical issues in the field of signal processing, mobile communications, as well as applications in relevant fields. We are looking for several student assistants to support research projects on neuromorphic signal processing in the area of (medical) sensory applications. Be a part of our team and come on a journey of research and innovation!

What you will do

• Support in the evaluation of innovative approaches to 6G-based recording of vital parameters (e.g. respiratory rate, pulse, movement patterns) using Integrated Communication and Sensing (ICAS) and their energy-efficient (pre-)processing and transmission in 5G/6G-based networks
  • Implementation of novel sensor and processing concepts on hardware-related processing and transmission platforms
  • Support the implementation of algorithms on neuromorphic hardware architectures (such as SpiNNaker and Akida)
  • Development and implementation of machine learning algorithms as well as the design and implementation of real-time software in C++
  • Carrying out experiments and simulations and evaluation of the performance of the algorithms developed for innovative applications

• Full-time study with good grades at a German university or college in the fields of: electrical engineering, (medical) informatics, communications engineering, applied mathematics, physics or similar
  • Interest in signal processing, communications engineering and wireless communication networks (5G/6G)
  • Good knowledge of C/C++ programming and experience with multi-threaded applications

• Understanding of basic machine learning algorithms and knowledge of common frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
  • Experience with hardware programming, real-time software and event-driven architectures
I can't believe it! The first clear sign of life from our constitutional research in this sector here. I congratulate the Fraunhofer Institute on having finally found something here. Please excuse my arrogance. I still remember a special interview a few months ago in which it was said that NC is not commercially available. The interview was conducted jointly with Switzerland. I can still remember how annoyed I was and how Dio had to calm me down.
Finally the time has come. Even a blind chicken...
I take it as a sign, late but!

___
Maybe my mail has had some effect. That would be nice. 🙂

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

chapman89

Founding Member

Nice.

What you will do

To go with your post-

IMG_5068.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users
Top Bottom