BRN Discussion Ongoing

Hi Fmf, @Fullmoonfever
does this link give a bit more info that you’re looking for? I was looking at this morning because Sailesh Chittepedi from Renesas liked it on LinkedIn (posted by Broadcom) but the tech info went over my head.

Hey Terroni

Thanks for that.

Yeah, tech mostly goes over my head too but sometimes I get the gist of certain things haha

They haven't really given much background on the NN yet from what I've seen so far.

I don't expect to be us but hey....gotta be optimistic.

Reactions: 5 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Frangipani

Regular
View attachment 51152

Good to see Indian Govt and TCS discussing neuromorphic with the semiconductor industry.

😀

And even better to see that Sounak Dey apparently succeeded in developing a time machine! 🤣 I wonder if he got help from Dr Emmet Brown…Now I get it why those industry experts talk about Akida being science fiction! 😉
8D4EFCAD-B215-4971-A72E-66730DDAFD25.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Frangipani

Regular
Hmmmm....has Sounak got Akida to help with a time machine :unsure:

Just attended the summit but doesn't happen till the 27-29th December :LOL:

You beat me to it! 🤣

• Haha
You beat me to it! 🤣
Maybe I got an Akida time machine too :ROFLMAO:

Kinda out there on time loops etc at the mo as bingeing on The Lazarus Project series currently haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Glen

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Glen

Regular
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
I asked a question if Grayscale was using a SNN and he said yes. He also used the word Ubiquitous

They say they are using neuromorphic "hardware" have they got any patents going @Diogenese?..

They seem to have started and done most of their development, in software.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

What Does BrainChip Holding Do and How Does it's Technology Work?​

What Does BrainChip Holding Do and How Does it's Technology Work?

Unveiling BrainChip's AkidaTM IP: Revolutionizing AI at the Edge

In the ever-evolving landscape of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies, BrainChip Holdings Ltd. stands at the forefront with its groundbreaking advancements. Nestled in Australia, this technology powerhouse has unveiled a marvel - the AkidaTM IP - an ingenious neuromorphic processor poised to revolutionize AI at the edge.

An Ingenious Breakthrough

BrainChip's flagship product, the AkidaTM neuromorphic processor, represents a leap forward in AI processing. Unlike conventional systems, AkidaTM's digital neuromorphic processor operates akin to the human brain, scrutinizing essential sensor inputs at their source. This process, unparalleled in performance, precision, and reduced power consumption, promises a seismic shift in AI's efficiency.

Reshaping Neural Architecture

At the heart of AkidaTM lies a scalable architecture comprising 256 nodes connected via a mesh network. Each node integrates four Neural Network Layer Engines (NPEs), configurable as convolutional or fully connected engines. The event-based neural processor optimizes data sparsity, minimizing operations by significant orders of magnitude.

Redefining Power Efficiency

BrainChip's AkidaTM IP is a game-changer, inherently consuming lower power than conventional neural network accelerators. Its unique fabric, adaptable as highly parallel hardware or space-optimized design, eliminates the need to shuffle weights in and out of DRAM. This innovation addresses a core issue in AI processing - data movement - resulting in substantially reduced power consumption and amplified
throughput.

Empowering Edge AI

AkidaTM epitomizes self-contained AI processing with configurable neural network processors, integrated intelligent DMA, and hardware-based event processing. It empowers on-chip learning, supports hybrid quantized weights, and facilitates easy integration into diverse applications, ensuring privacy, security, and reduced latency.

Scale, Adapt, and Learn

Flexible and scalable, AkidaTM caters to diverse edge AI use cases. From ultra-low power configurations with two nodes to complex scenarios utilizing all 256 nodes, its multi-pass processing enables seamless execution of large neural networks, independent of the host CPU.

Continuous On-Chip Learning

BrainChip's AkidaTM IP redefines learning paradigms, enabling on-chip learning by extending model classes without costly cloud retraining. This feature enhances device personalization, adaptability in the field, and cost reduction while fortifying security by limiting sensitive data transfer.

Future-Proofing AI

The chip's ability to learn and adapt in situ significantly accelerates decision-making processes, ushering in an era of faster and more efficient operations. By processing multi-sensor data in real-time with low latency and high throughput, AkidaTM emerges as the linchpin for a new generation of smart edge devices in the realm of AIoT applications.

BrainChip's AkidaTM IP marks a watershed moment, redefining AI at the edge with unparalleled efficiency and adaptability. As technology continues its relentless march forward, the AkidaTM IP stands tall as a testament to innovation, promising a future where intelligence thrives at the edge of possibility.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 70 users

Frangipani

Regular
I stumbled upon a very professional and sleek looking brochure promoting Neuromorphic AI as a golden business opportunity for the Middle East - and BrainChip gets a mention, too!

It was produced by Frost & Sullivan (“Powering clients to a future shaped by growth”) for two conventions that both took place in Dubai in mid-October: GITEX Global, the world’s largest tech show, and Expand North Star, the world’s largest start-up and investors’ event.

9E11C5A3-0321-4C9F-B8A3-FB127C4A8464.jpeg

82876F56-107C-4042-B16E-0D0E158D048F.jpeg

98A298A9-53FF-4465-AE3F-4D382768BCBC.jpeg

2E69FFD4-8BC3-4EB0-823E-8D54E5C40EE4.jpeg
32BAADE1-B450-48A1-94CF-3D7A2C9E175D.jpeg
A36EB875-C8B1-47FB-986C-C7234BA0B5B0.jpeg
DF7616C8-2211-4735-8987-9BD0C99F5967.jpeg
834F7A28-42D1-466B-A429-7AD64BF02CFF.jpeg

4581EE67-579C-481F-8B9B-6F54558048E2.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users
Hmmmm....has Sounak got Akida to help with a time machine :unsure:

Just attended the summit but doesn't happen till the 27-29th December :LOL:

Good pickup with the date guys but luckily they videod the event so I can see it did happen: or maybe I have a Time Machine too and used that to get a copy 🤪

I haven’t watched it yet as it goes for 3 hours.

Enjoy
1701464177254.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Frangipani

Regular
Good pickup with the date guys but luckily they videod the event so I can see it did happen: or maybe I have a Time Machine too and used that to get a copy 🤪

I haven’t watched it yet as it goes for 3 hours.

Roughly the same amount of time that it would take to watch a rerun of the first two parts of the Back To The Future trilogy, then. 🤔

That’s a tough call. 😂

• Haha

Crestman

Regular
Is the University of Queensland involved with Brainchip?

Sounds like it might be.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Ethinvestor

Regular
And even better to see that Sounak Dey apparently succeeded in developing a time machine! 🤣 I wonder if he got help from Dr Emmet Brown…Now I get it why those industry experts talk about Akida being science fiction! 😉
View attachment 51153
obviously a very ”stable genius” 😂

• Haha

TECH

Regular
EP4243011A1 EFFICIENT SPEECH TO SPIKES CONVERSION PIPELINE FOR A SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK

[0090] The processes and logic flows described in this specification can be performed by one or more programmable computers executing one or more computer programs to perform functions by operating on input data and generating output. The processes and logic flows can also be performed by, and apparatus can also be implemented as, special purpose logic circuitry, e.g., an FPGA (field programmable gate array), an ASIC (application specific integrated circuit) a neuromorphic research chip, such as Intel's Loihi chip, or a neural network processor, such as BrainChip's Akida™ chip.

If we don't have an NDA in place with this company I'd be extremely surprised, you wouldn't name us in the artwork unless their own
engineers had engaged our technology in their own in-house project, in my opinion of course...;)

This patent has been registered in Europe, Japan and the US by Accenture Global Solutions Ltd.

Have a good one.....Tech.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 61 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
View attachment 51153
No we haven’t crossed paths yet. Maybe he has messed up the space time continuum and living in a parallel timeline!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Labsy

Regular
Accenture is best known for its **information technology (IT) services and consulting**⁴. It is a leading global professional services company that provides a broad range of services and solutions in **strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations**¹. Accenture has a reputation for being one of the most **prestigious consulting firms** in the world, with clients in various industries such as banking, communications, health, insurance, resources and retail²³.

Accenture produces revenue from five operating groups: **Communications, Media & Technology**; **Financial Services**; **Health & Public Service**; **Products**; and **Resources**¹. Each operating group provides a range of services and solutions to clients across different industries and geographies. Accenture's revenue for fiscal 2023 was **US$64.1 billion**, an increase of **21.9%** from the previous year¹. The largest operating group by revenue was **Products**, which accounted for **US$19.8 billion** or **30.9%** of the total revenue

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Kachoo

Regular
Accenture is best known for its **information technology (IT) services and consulting**⁴. It is a leading global professional services company that provides a broad range of services and solutions in **strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations**¹. Accenture has a reputation for being one of the most **prestigious consulting firms** in the world, with clients in various industries such as banking, communications, health, insurance, resources and retail²³.

Accenture produces revenue from five operating groups: **Communications, Media & Technology**; **Financial Services**; **Health & Public Service**; **Products**; and **Resources**¹. Each operating group provides a range of services and solutions to clients across different industries and geographies. Accenture's revenue for fiscal 2023 was **US$64.1 billion**, an increase of **21.9%** from the previous year¹. The largest operating group by revenue was **Products**, which accounted for **US$19.8 billion** or **30.9%** of the total revenue
Let's not forget this podcast with Jean.

Quite obvious the relationship goes quite far IMO all NDAs

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Kachoo

Regular
What strikes me as shocking is all the major companies that have now engaged with BRN and are trialing them under NDA and what we do not know about yet.

Many have mentioned us in patents and publicly in great ways. There has been no real negative pullback from any trial that we know off.

Many of these companies when and if they introduce Akida in to acceptance as a standard will shift the focus and you will see a full on race buy all in the neuromorphic field. Then many could lose the edge hence why we are still slowly moving towards the gate.

When many look back a year or 2 from know they mag say only if I would have...IMO

Any way have a great weekend and amazing find Tech

• Love
  • Fire

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Only that Broadcom tech was used in the AKIDA development kit..

Hi @DingoBorat, @Terroni2105 and @Fullmoonfever,

This Reuters article says Broadcom "decided to add the AI features roughly two years ago" which was at the same time that the AKIDA development kits utilizing Braodcom tech became available.

Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 10.39.23 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 10.41.49 am.png

3. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....🦆

7cipaz.gif

Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 10.34.29 am.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Top Bottom