BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Better tell Mickle-pickle!

Screen Shot 2023-11-24 at 11.13.20 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Bravo & Fellow Chippers ,

Nice find on the above , interesting ...on a side note... Yesterday there were NO SHORTS TAKEN OUT ON BRN, according to the ASX site.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 26 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs
Morning Bravo & Fellow Chippers ,

Nice find on the above , interesting ...on a side note... Yesterday there were NO SHORTS TAKEN OUT ON BRN, according to the ASX site.

Regards,
Esq.
Sheesh Esq. orchids to B yesterday followed by compliments today. Both considerations understandable of course. Is there something you want to tell us perhaps?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

YAY!!!! It's the 20 cent naked hot tub party! YET AGAIN...🐳

8afebc9d146af2332496ccb5118b59d1.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Sheesh Esq. orchids to B yesterday followed by compliments today. Both considerations understandable of course. Is there something you want to tell us perhaps?
Esq is a well known foot man from way back.
I've seen him at the club. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Mea culpa ,

Purely showing a little appreciation , though there are many here who's contributions are gratefully delivered , Bravo seems to of mastered the art of info spliced with giff's.

😀.

Regards
Esq.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Shadow59

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

Esq is a well known foot man from way back.
I've seen him at the club. 🤣

Did you catch a squiz of my toes in action last week Hoppy? I performed this difficult manoeuvre as part of my regular 5 minute foot fete at the club. I think I may have dislocated my hallux in the process. Such is life.

HVV8CJt.gif

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26 users

Diogenese

Top 20
No doubt the chip would've been quicker, but scalability would have been the opportunity cost. Or was the change in approach to IP from chip spawn from a worry for security?
This fact made me more bullish on BRN than before because Sean and the other newcomers really see potential in the tech hence the long-term strategy change rather than the 'quick revenue' one. It also reinforces the 3-year advantage (or thereabouts) we have with competitors seeing BRN could change the approach without worrying about them. I imagine the VVDN's Edge Box has some X factor that validates worries from BRN's side.

Although as investors time horizons have to be shifted further along, it is what it is. But for greater returns, I think we would all be happy with that.
Hi GadZix,

Scalability was not a problem with the original Akida 1 SoC concept. BRN adapted the Henry Ford philosophy:

"Any colour as long as it's black."

Akida 1 SoC would have processing power to burn for low end applications, but its price would have been prohibitive for many of those low end applications. You can't put a $10 chip in a $5 gizmo.
Thanksgiving holiday in USA so with no lead for traders to follow and exploit and no price sensitive news popping likely just to continue with current trend but with withering momentum.
Also engineered crunch time for the marketing marvel of Black Fri and Cyb. Monday so many peoples trying to ascertain if the discounted inflated prices are really worth it once you factor in the freight charge. 🤣
Me? I bought me some new sox instead of another 185 shares. 🤣
So you've retired your Sunday Sox, the holey ones?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

MDhere

Regular

6 minute 40 mark... is that a brain boxed in with Helium??? Ai IP is what makes the m85 a Neural Processor. So Akida or Renesas will do that. Either way, we make revenue..

Thanks for sharing the video of Renesas re the M85.
I particularly like 3.47 to 4.04 mark and 9.17 to 9.37! :)
Essentially, Renesas have the secret sauce to give helium support and uplift. So imo not only Akida integrates with Arm M series, Renesas also has the secret sauce uplift our IP licenced.
Of course imo, everyone has one 😀 I Listened to it 3 times, thanks Chris.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Did you catch a squiz of my toes in action last week Hoppy? I performed this difficult manoeuvre as part of my regular 5 minute foot fete at the club. I think I may have dislocated my hallux in the process. Such is life.

View attachment 50425
That is quite some feat.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire

Chris B

Thanks for sharing the video of Renesas re the M85.
I particularly like 3.47 to 4.04 mark and 9.17 to 9.37! :)
Essentially, Renesas have the secret sauce to give helium support and uplift. So imo not only Akida integrates with Arm M series, Renesas also has the secret sauce uplift our IP licenced.
Of course imo, everyone has one 😀 I Listened to it 3 times, thanks Chris.
No Worries MD... I've been waiting for this pot to boil for a few years... looks like a few bubbles are starting to appear 😉 lucky I have plenty of patience and unwavering trust in Management along with the belief that it's a matter of when... no ifs

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
No Worries MD... I've been waiting for this pot to boil for a few years... looks like a few bubbles are starting to appear 😉 lucky I have plenty of patience and unwavering trust in Management along with the belief that it's a matter of when... no ifs

Hi Chris,

Obviously you know that watched pots never boil, so now we know why we're still waiting.

Much as we might wish otherwise, Helium is definitely not Akida.

blending-dsp-and-ml-features-into-a-low-power-general-purpose-processor.pdf (windows.net)
https://armkeil.blob.core.windows.n...nto-a-low-power-general-purpose-processor.pdf

As to AI, it seems that helium is like the curate's egg.

Another area of interest is the ML processing performance. Several machine learning algorithms have been ported to Helium, including a keyword spotting library and a CiFAR10 image classification library. From this result, we see that the Cortex-M55 processor gives nearly ten times better performance than the Cortex-M4 processor in keyword spotting, and almost six times better than the Cortex-M4 processor in CiFAR10 image classification operations.
To keep the Cortex-M55 processor energy-efficient and fit within the power budget for the majority of IoT endpoint systems, the Cortex-M55 processor internal datapath for its vector extension is 64-bit, which means it takes two clock cycles to operate on a 128-bit vector. However, the architecture behind Helium allows a processor’s implementation to overlap execution cycles to enhance performance, providing that there are no hardware resource conflicts.
While the Cortex-M55 processor design enables significant performance uplift in signal processing and machine learning applications, not every application can gain the same level of performance boost. Since Helium technology is based on SIMD operations, it works very well when the data processing can be vectorized. However, there is a range of application codes that cannot be vectorized. The traditional VLIW approach, however, allows different operations to be scheduled at different execution slots. This potentially allows some very sequential code parts handling to be carried out quicker (e.g. variable length encoding/ decoding in audio codecs). For Arm processors, it is also possible to achieve similar parallelism by introducing superscalar in the design. The Cortex-M55 processor, however, is not a superscalar processor, and therefore, does not have this capability. Nevertheless, with limited dual-issue capability in the Cortex-M55 processor and various new features in Armv8.1-M architecture (e.g. low-overhead loops, new conditional execution instructions, 64-bit shifts), scalar performance has been improved in various areas.

Basically, Helium expands the instruction word from 32 bits to 128 bits, but, because they only have a 64 wire bus, it takes 2 clock operations to implement the instruction word on the helium SMID (single instruction multiple data) architecture.

Helium can run CNN software instructions on the voice and image models, and can perform ML. It includes hardware modifications to improve its AI capabilities, but is software driven. Helium does not employ SNN.

Because helium is software driven it would be orders of magnitude slower than Akida and would use much more electricity.

ARM do not make chips. They license IP.

None of the ARM processor IPs include Akida.

Akida is offered as an IP option which can be added to any ARM processor IP.

The block diagram includes a Coprocessor Interface. That's where the Akida IP would connect into the ARM IP.

1700794367365.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

ndefries

Regular
BRN wasn't on the ASX shortlist for yesterday. It's a day behind. This could be the first time no shorts were taken out that needed to be notified to the ASX.

1700795737493.png

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Mccabe84

Regular
BRN wasn't on the ASX shortlist for yesterday. It's a day behind. This could be the first time no shorts were taken out that needed to be notified to the ASX.

View attachment 50444
Isn’t it a thanksgiving in the USA. No one’s at work hence no manipulation possibly

• Haha

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Proga

Regular
Early days still but they only shorted 6109 yesterday. Why would you bother. You can see above they shorted 58,835 on 16/11 and below bought back just under 1.2m. They might be buying them back to return the borrowed stock under their contractual obligations or beginning to exit their positions. It will take about a week to get a better understanding

Latest Reported Shorts (Daily)​

DATEREPORTED SHORTISSUED SHARES% SHORT
21 November 20236,1091,790,058,1450.00%
20 November 202351,1911,790,058,1450.00%
17 November 202337,0001,790,058,1450.00%

Latest Reported Shorts (Aggregate)​

DATEREPORTED SHORTISSUED SHARES% SHORTDAILY RANK
16 November 2023100,585,3781,790,058,1455.6191%27th 1
15 November 2023101,740,8871,790,058,1455.6837%26th 1
14 November 2023101,978,5271,790,058,1455.6969%27th 1
13 November 2023101,499,7841,790,058,1455.6702%28th
10 November 2023100,760,1711,790,058,1455.6289%28th
Continuing on, StockTrack which I use because I like analysing the raw numbers hasn't updated the aggregate for 2 days or yesterdays shorts which they normally do by 12pm today. It happens.

However, Shortman is showing an updated aggregate for the 20th of Nov of 95m. A drop in aggregate shorts of 5.5m on Friday and Monday. The shorters shorted 200k on Wednesday which is an increase of the previous 3 days but not much in the scheme of things. The day before they only shorted 6109. What that does to the aggregate ie how many they bought back will be interesting.

Shorters are allergic to revenue in the short term (within 3 months) because they know what it will do to the SP. They need time to exit their positions in a orderly manner so as not to spook the market. So if they continue to unwind, it might be a leading indicator. I'm trying to think outside the box on how to circumnavigate the NDA's. The big end of town are supposed to work inside Chinese walls but the walls do leak.

Latest Reported Shorts (Daily)​

DATEREPORTED SHORTISSUED SHARES% SHORT
22 November 2023200,1861,790,058,1450.01%
21 November 20236,1091,790,058,1450.00%
20 November 202351,1911,790,058,1450.00%
17 November 202337,0001,790,058,1450.00%

Latest Reported Shorts (Aggregate)​

DATEREPORTED SHORTISSUED SHARES% SHORTDAILY RANK
16 November 2023100,585,3781,790,058,1455.6191%27th 1
15 November 2023101,740,8871,790,058,1455.6837%26th 1
14 November 2023101,978,5271,790,058,1455.6969%27th 1

bandicam 2023-11-24 13-34-34-240.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
If one did not know better .... might see some LINE CLEARING shortly.

Esq.

• Thinking
  • Fire

MDhere

Regular
Hi Chris,

Obviously you know that watched pots never boil, so now we know why we're still waiting.

Much as we might wish otherwise, Helium is definitely not Akida.

blending-dsp-and-ml-features-into-a-low-power-general-purpose-processor.pdf (windows.net)
https://armkeil.blob.core.windows.n...nto-a-low-power-general-purpose-processor.pdf

As to AI, it seems that helium is like the curate's egg.

Another area of interest is the ML processing performance. Several machine learning algorithms have been ported to Helium, including a keyword spotting library and a CiFAR10 image classification library. From this result, we see that the Cortex-M55 processor gives nearly ten times better performance than the Cortex-M4 processor in keyword spotting, and almost six times better than the Cortex-M4 processor in CiFAR10 image classification operations.
To keep the Cortex-M55 processor energy-efficient and fit within the power budget for the majority of IoT endpoint systems, the Cortex-M55 processor internal datapath for its vector extension is 64-bit, which means it takes two clock cycles to operate on a 128-bit vector. However, the architecture behind Helium allows a processor’s implementation to overlap execution cycles to enhance performance, providing that there are no hardware resource conflicts.
While the Cortex-M55 processor design enables significant performance uplift in signal processing and machine learning applications, not every application can gain the same level of performance boost. Since Helium technology is based on SIMD operations, it works very well when the data processing can be vectorized. However, there is a range of application codes that cannot be vectorized. The traditional VLIW approach, however, allows different operations to be scheduled at different execution slots. This potentially allows some very sequential code parts handling to be carried out quicker (e.g. variable length encoding/ decoding in audio codecs). For Arm processors, it is also possible to achieve similar parallelism by introducing superscalar in the design. The Cortex-M55 processor, however, is not a superscalar processor, and therefore, does not have this capability. Nevertheless, with limited dual-issue capability in the Cortex-M55 processor and various new features in Armv8.1-M architecture (e.g. low-overhead loops, new conditional execution instructions, 64-bit shifts), scalar performance has been improved in various areas.

Basically, Helium expands the instruction word from 32 bits to 128 bits, but, because they only have a 64 wire bus, it takes 2 clock operations to implement the instruction word on the helium SMID (single instruction multiple data) architecture.

Helium can run CNN software instructions on the voice and image models, and can perform ML. It includes hardware modifications to improve its AI capabilities, but is software driven. Helium does not employ SNN.

Because helium is software driven it would be orders of magnitude slower than Akida and would use much more electricity.

ARM do not make chips. They license IP.

None of the ARM processor IPs include Akida.

Akida is offered as an IP option which can be added to any ARM processor IP.

The block diagram includes a Coprocessor Interface. That's where the Akida IP would connect into the ARM IP.

View attachment 50443
Exactly. The akida ip fits perfectly here and as renesas may put it, gives it an "uplift" but what do i know 🙂

• Fire
Top Bottom