BRN Discussion Ongoing

davidfitz

Regular
It's articles like this that help me to ignore the current share price :)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Cardpro

Regular
I think you are barking up the wrong tree Newk. You see management don't control the share price. The questions you should be asking are; Is management making the right connections with new and existing customers and partners? YES! Are they meeting performance goals with regard to product development and use of those products with appropriate developmental software and tools? Another big YES! Mmmm ... In fact I am thinking they are doing an outstanding job here.
Are they getting out and spruiking our IP and chip use at conferences and field days, seminars etc? A big YES again.

There is an old saying: Energy flows where attention goes. If you focus on all the negatives, then that will grow in importance to you. That circle gets bigger. If you focus on the progress that is being made with customers and partners you would be very encouraged. All be it that the company is bound by NDAs which are important to our customers and partners as well as ourselves.

As for someone's suggestion that the company should ditch all NDAs. Yeah, right. If you want to lose 90% of our customers who insist on the NDAs in order to maintain secrecy and stay ahead of their competition. How stupid a suggestion is that? Clearly from someone with no business acumen at all. I'm sure glad they are not running our business.

It is about time some posters got real instead of making ridiculous suggestions to feed into their negative sentiments. (Or is there some other underlying motive?)

Another interesting point; I remember some years ago my brother's broker said "Don't invest in Brainchip because they are not big enough and companies like Intel have deep pockets and will simply poach all the best talent from the company by offering them more money." (Or words to that effect.) How do you think we'd go if we weren't offering performance rights to our top personnel? Do you get the picture? By the way, I don't think share price is one of those performance indicators.

In summary:
1. This company is in sound hands with many of the top personnel and best brains in the industry.
2. Almost weekly new partnerships and customers are popping up. Well done and thank you to all the great researchers here who give their time so freely to keep us ahead of other less informed investors. In fact far better than many of the so called analysts who only seem to analyse their own navels ... and don't do that very well.
3. Our list of partners, customers, and developers continues to expand along with new industries that we are evolving to.
4. Performance goals are outstanding as we churn out the Akida 1000; 1500; 2000 ... with many more on the drawing board and in development. These are all technical masterpieces.
5. We are well cashed up to continue the development until revenue exceeds expenditure.
6. Our ground-breaking technology is protected by a growing list of patents and copyright registrations.
7. More staff are constantly being recruited to meet the growing customer demand (while other big tech firms are laying off thousands of personnel). That gives me lots of confidence
8. And for those shareholders who don't seem to be getting enough feedback from management I have a few suggestions for you:
a. Get off your arse and look at the company web site. Just about everything you want to know (that the company is allowed to tell you) is there.
b. If there is something specific you need to know then ring or send an email to our investor relations person Tony. It's not that hard you know.
c. Stop whingeing here over and over, and crapping all over our wonderful research exchange.
9. We KNOW what's coming and we know it takes time for the commercial products to hit the streets so remember, patience is a virtue. (Lord give me patience ... right bloody now!) LOL

And on a final note. I will be attending the AGM in Sydney where I hope to meet a lot of other LT shareholders. Stay positive everyone. You will live longer, and be happier.
Cheers
Deena
"
Is management making the right connections with new and existing customers and partners? YES! Are they meeting performance goals with regard to product development and use of those products with appropriate developmental software and tools? Another big YES! Mmmm ... In fact I am thinking they are doing an outstanding job here.
Are they getting out and spruiking our IP and chip use at conferences and field days, seminars etc? A big YES again."

I agree that management is taking all the right steps to drive revenue growth, however, that does not necessarily mean it will result in huge revenue growth (company can take every steps correcly but still fail or take wrong step but still succeed)...

IMO, they should be paid when revenue targets are hit... being best doesn't mean it will be selected by the industry...

To this date, as per the price sensitive announcements (including Quarterly & Annual Reports), we are performing poorly (which is probably why we are being targeted by the shorters) averaging less than 1 IP contracts per year... sure, we can blame the economic down turns & covid, but that still doesn't change the fact that we haven't seen any material price sensitive announcements other than gen 2 akida platform and quarterly & annual report for a while...

I just hope to see either revenue or IP contracts... I will continue to wait...

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20230420_115739_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
It's a pity, I've been with you in this forum for well over a year now and WHY? Because all the other forums annoyed me!

I love speculating here and reading different ways of thinking from different users, thinking about it myself and looking for it! I also love the humor in this forum!

What I like most here is that I'm among complete Brainchip fans and I think that was the basic idea with you founders!

a) I decided to buy my BRN shares myself
b) nobody here has made me buy or sell more (I also decided that on my own)
c) the company did not force me to buy shares, either.

I made that decision on my own! Here, in this forum, it's nice to read how many others there are who are just as enthusiastic!

There really are enough other forums for doubters.
I don't want all the positive writers and wild speculators to leave this forum just because there are more and more doubters floating around!

Yes, the stock is very low, BUT you have to endure something like that! If not, you should stay away from stocks!

@ Bravo I stand by you, if it should be, I'll go with you in the corner. Common sorrow half a sorrow!

NO, that's no fun!
View attachment 34671

Hi @Sirod,

Thanks so much for offering to keep me company in the naughty corner. That's such a lovely thing to say! How about you bring the milk and I'll bring the cat food and scratchy pole? 😆

Miraculously I haven't been ejector-seated out of here just yet. It isn't that I want to go, it's just that someone keeps reporting my posts, which I think is not very kosher and an abuse of the reporting system itself IMO. And I believe this may have also happened to @Fact Finder.

I can't help but feel very suspicious about the motivations of some of these posters who are doing nothing but complaining. I have never begrudged anyone for having an opinion, but there's a difference between expressing legitimate concerns as opposed to completely saturating the thread with negative sentiment, over and over, rehashing the same complaints for no material purpose. They are not actually seeking to have any of their concerns addressed, as others have pointed out there are avenues for them to go down if they wish to do so without chocking up the thread unnecessarily. I can't help but call out that kind of behaviour and they don't seem to like it, which speaks volumes I think.

4992486_b3a37.gif

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
🤔

Screenshot_20230420_123930_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230420_123627_LinkedIn.jpg

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs
Hi @Sirod,

Thanks so much for offering to keep me company in the naughty corner. That's such a lovely thing to say! How about you bring the milk and I'll bring the cat food and scratchy pole? 😆

Miraculously I haven't been ejector-seated out of here just yet. It isn't that I want to go, it's just that someone keeps reporting my posts, which I think is not very kosher and an abuse of the reporting system itself IMO. And I believe this may have also happened to @Fact Finder.

I can't help but feel very suspicious about the motivations of some of these posters who are doing nothing but complaining. I have never begrudged anyone for having an opinion, but there's a difference between expressing legitimate concerns as opposed to completely saturating the thread with negative sentiment, over and over, rehashing the same complaints for no material purpose. They are not actually seeking to have any of their concerns addressed, as others have pointed out there are avenues for them to go down if they wish to do so without chocking up the thread unnecessarily. I can't help but call out that kind of behaviour and they don't seem to like it, which speaks volumes I think.

View attachment 34678
Stellar post Bravo. Surely zeeb0t would recognise any malicious reporting of posts from both yourself and Fact Finder, see them for what they are, dismiss them and rid the forum of the perpetrators. Both of you are wonderful researchers, contributors and long term holders. I realise there’s this Dred thing that seems to be prone to error. Regrettably there certainly appears to be an element of negativity and whinging permeating TSE.
No apologies for pinching Stella.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

gex

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
This may be my last post before being consigned to the naughty corner for a wee bit because I got about 5 dreadbotts in a row. Hopefully it’ll only be a temporary ban.

Anyways, it’s a great ecosystem we’re building, a bit like a “funky town“ of collaborative partners like Arm, Si-Five, MegaChips,etc.

No doubt this post will be reported too, for being off topic or profane or something. Never mind, it’s a groovy song! 💋

♥️ To All

Can't for the life of me, think why you would be getting Dreadbotted Bravo..

You are one of the most prolific, hard working, enthusiastic and likeable posters on here.
Your research and opinions are well thought out and well executed.

I think it takes 4 wet socks to have a post moderated? (2 people).

I had a post reported yesterday, for calling the negative Nancy's on here "soft serves" as a "personal attack" by Dreadbott.

These people, who have nothing to offer to the forum, except their own bad temperament and general grumble buttness, are disrupting the forum, with their complaints of posts (like Bravo's) that offer immeasurably better content to the forum, than they ever could.

I think @ZeebOt needs to look at these individuals, who are just continually reporting posters, which is infact, an attack on them.

If the BrainChip share price was over a dollar, but the Company was in the exact same position of its journey, they would not have such a tissue paper like constitution..

The share price is irrelevant right now, to the Company’s progress!

Why can't people see that??

This is exactly why Robert Mitro? said the share price will do, what the share price will do.

Meaning, regardless the Company will continue to progress and take on the World, in the New Frontier, of Edge A.I.

Eventually, success will more than take care of, the number next to the dollar sign.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

manny100

Regular
Good morning, I totally agree with Deena's excellently worded, well balanced post.

Maybe we should consider starting a long term holders forum, membership requirement minimum of 5 years, balanced opinions, or facts that can be 100% backed up, Not promoting a fanboy club, rather one that encourages, mature, educated, well-researched open discussion.

Markets worldwide are volatile on a day to day basis, if you truly believe in what you have invested in, as I do, well time will take care of everything and ultimately smooth things over the journey, I feel the frustration of many, but personally my review date still sits very comfortably in my mind.

Whether we are 3 years or 5 years ahead of the mob, being out in front means we are the ones clearing the path for the rest, we are the ones
whom are feeling the most headwinds, "perceived resistance" to change.

As I thought, AKD 1500 is/will be released to our integrators, Renesas products in a few months, AKD 2000 in late summer early fall, meaning,
August/September 2023.

AKD 3000 being developed as we speak, things are moving but because everyone of us is different, as in, time lines, expectations, money pressures, anxiety, life pressures in general, we cope in different ways, I understand all that, but ultimately you make that decision, and it all comes back to that magic word:

CHOICE

Tech from sunny Perth :cool:(y)
Sean did say at one of the April presentations that Gen2 is on track for 3rd Q possibly earlier.
We will lukely get a much firmer update at the AGM.

Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
This video was posted 2 weeks ago on the NVDIA developer page and I would love to watch it because I think there's a very good chance that we're involved in some way, shape or form with the NVIDIA DRIVE IX intelligent experience software stack with DRIVE Hyperion 8 (or Hyperion 9). Hyperion 8 offers the sensors and the headroom for AI for 2024 vehicle models and Hyperion 9 is for deployment in 2026 production vehicles.

Unfortunately the video is for developers only so I think you may have to join the developer program to access this material. 💩

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 1.07.02 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 1.00.56 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Dang Son

Regular
Sean Hehir - Commsec interview May 22

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Dang Son

Regular
Rookie numbers my guy, DreddBot has me in the naughty corner as we speak.
Let me tell you it sucks. Not sure if you will even see this message hahah

@zeeb0t , plz help
View attachment 34687
Hi Damo , this is a perfect example of why Ai in its early iterations may not be well received by the practical human.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Dang Son

Regular
Does anyone know what Edge Impulse relationship is with Innatera? _ https://www.innatera.com/
It seems to me like our direct competition.

Innatera

UNLOCKING TRUE NEUROMORPHIC PATTERN RECOGNITION​

Innatera’s ultra-efficient neuromorphic processors mimic the brain’s mechanisms for processing sensory data. Based on a proprietary analog-mixed signal computing architecture, Innatera’s processors leverage the computing capabilities of spiking neural networks to deliver ground-breaking cognition performance within a narrow power envelope. With an unprecedented combination of ultra-low power consumption and short response latency, these devices enable high-performance always-on pattern recognition capabilities in applications at the sensor-edge.

UP TO 10,000X HIGHER PERFORMANCE PER WATT​

than conventional microprocessors and digital accelerators​

500X LOWER ENERGY​

Always-on pattern recognition within an extremely narrow power envelope

100X SHORTER LATENCY​

Blazingly fast recognition of spatial and temporal patterns in complex sensor data

PATTERN RECOGNITION SIMPLIFIED​

Simple to program and deploy with Innatera’s powerful SDK

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Iseki

Regular
Does anyone know what Edge Impulse relationship is with Innatera? _ https://www.innatera.com/
It seems to me like our direct competition.

Innatera

UNLOCKING TRUE NEUROMORPHIC PATTERN RECOGNITION​

Innatera’s ultra-efficient neuromorphic processors mimic the brain’s mechanisms for processing sensory data. Based on a proprietary analog-mixed signal computing architecture, Innatera’s processors leverage the computing capabilities of spiking neural networks to deliver ground-breaking cognition performance within a narrow power envelope. With an unprecedented combination of ultra-low power consumption and short response latency, these devices enable high-performance always-on pattern recognition capabilities in applications at the sensor-edge.

UP TO 10,000X HIGHER PERFORMANCE PER WATT​

than conventional microprocessors and digital accelerators​

500X LOWER ENERGY​

Always-on pattern recognition within an extremely narrow power envelope

100X SHORTER LATENCY​

Blazingly fast recognition of spatial and temporal patterns in complex sensor data

PATTERN RECOGNITION SIMPLIFIED​

Simple to program and deploy with Innatera’s powerful SDK
"analog-mixed signal computing architecture" is bad. Akida's pure digital approach the way to go for cheap, billions of IP orders inside billions of MCUs. We're in the box seat. We just need someone to spill the beans and tell us they just pre-ordered some Akida 2000's

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Recall seeing the Teksun website blurb revisited recently and supposedly Linaro was in it so thought have a dig around.

Whilst can't see anything of us yet, various 96boards are out with NPUs with people like Qualcomm, HiSilifin, Xilinx, Rockchip and some boards that don't specify.

They big into AI obviously with edge, auto and IoT as well but I liked a certain couple of our mutual partners ;)

Worth keeping an eye on me thinks.

Automotive, IoT & Edge Devices​

Automotive, IoT & Edge Devices dark icon

Software defined functionality is no longer restricted to the cloud network but is now expected to extend to the edge.
Autonomous AI-driven features are being deployed to positions of trust in gateways and even sensors.The Zonal Architecture revolution driving the evolution to software-defined vehicles is just one indicator that industry has switched to a software-first methodology. The technologies underpinning these use cases are continuously evolving but all suffer from one common denominator - the lack of open software standardization.
Arm
HiSilicon
QuIC
ST
Socionext
Xilinx

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Rise

Emerged
Just
I just took a look at this vid link, which Walhik Joe put up over at HC.

It's an interview with Nandan Nayampally, I don't believe I have seen it here, what I liked was the way Nandan articulates what AIoT is and a bit of an exploration of AI market.

I like the well considered way Nandan comes across.

Something I would like BRN executives focus upon more in their various interviews, is the one or two shot on chip learning capability of the various Akida iterations i.e. would have been good to see Sean slip the one shot learning thing somewhere in the conversation he had with Zach Shelby the other day.

One shot learning is a major differentiator, Akida is way more than an accelerator.

The link: https://lnkd.in/eRXqqdcx
Thanks for the link I totally forgot about watching this one when it was released.
RFTA.

Reactions: 1 users
"analog-mixed signal computing architecture" is bad. Akida's pure digital approach the way to go for cheap, billions of IP orders inside billions of MCUs. We're in the box seat. We just need someone to spill the beans and tell us they just pre-ordered some Akida 2000's
Can you please share the evidence of your digital claim? I have done some reading myself and emailed Tony to ask Peter about why we are implementing digital and not analog after getting some feedback from the slasher in the other site

M_C

Founding Member
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

M_C

Founding Member

“Whether our technology is going into a smartphone or whether it’s going into a factory or a robot or a drone flying around Mars, our AI is a horizontal that permeates all of those device categories and applications,” said Don McGuire, Qualcomm’s chief marketing officer.

The technology Qualcomm brings to artificial intelligence is a digital platform, based on Snapdragon computer chips. Aaron Elkins is the director of the Artificial Intelligence Center based at San Diego State. He says Qualcomm’s role in AI is providing devices that can operate AI systems in the real world.

"AI is happening in our labs, with our supercomputers and our robots,” Elkins said. “But when it’s trained, and we’re past this development phase, AI needs to exist on devices that can actually run them but they don’t take a lot of power and they can handle these algorithms. So Qualcomm fits in at the edge and actually using AI.”

“People expect when they are querying ChatGPT for instance, and the answers are coming back. Where are they coming from and where is that happening? Today it’s happening on the cloud. A data center somewhere,” McGuire said.

The problem with that, he says, is data centers don’t have the infrastructure or power to accommodate artificial intelligence as its use dramatically increases.

“So really what’s going to have to happen is AI is going to have to become hybrid, meaning a certain amount of AI and behavioral algorithms have to happen on device as well as in the cloud.”

And that, McGuire says, is where Qualcomm’s comes in. On-device artificial intelligence computing is something they’re doing effectively on their Snapdragon platforms

Screenshot_20230420_151816_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Dang Son

Regular
Thanks Iseki, I'm none too technical but they seem to use all they same terms as Brainchip.
Maybe they're just faking it.

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom