BRN Discussion Ongoing

Foxdog

Regular
Look lets just face it. Nobody is really going to be happy until we see an increase in the SP. I would suggest that nobody needs to whine or complain about the SP because fundamentally it is actually still over valued. People won't like to hear this, but sorry, $$$ speaks. There is still room in the SP for speculation IMO.

So what should the people do, AGM! listen in, go there find out what is going on, ask all the questions (respectfully) as much as you like. I personally can't go, but I'm not really worried or care about the SP. Sean put himself up and said judge his performance at the AGM. Even if we don't see a big revenue leap by the AGM, he will still be happy with his work. He will talk about the ecosystems that the company has built and the partnerships, that are so important. He will be pleased with his work. Many here won't like to hear this from him as all they want is "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!"

This too is understandable. I'm starting to get bored with all the partnerships and ecosystems talk. I'm spending very little time here as all the dot joining and possibilities are "whatever". We know we are a solution to many of the problems out there. We know it works, too many of the BIG end of town have basically joined us or working with us. I don't need any more companies big or small to convince me how good Brainchip is and what we have. I'm now just waiting for companies to use it. Until then, really the SP will go nowhere and revenue will be small (in comparison to our MC).

So in all, don't ask the 1000 eyes when the SP is going to go somewhere. Don't ask the 1000 eyes when the revenue is going to start pouring in. Because the 1000 eyes don't have insider trading eyes, they are just looking for possible AKIDA uses.

Whether you like this post or not is irrelevant. But I can tell you right now, I'm correct. The market now needs a big company like Mercedes to shout out (like Tony suggested) that they are using AKIDA (not imply) or we see a giant leap in revenue.

The only other way we'll see a rise or fall in the SP is though the manipulators, but I have no time for them. Good day all, I'll be listening into the AGM and my guess is we'll hear about how good our ecosystem has gotten over the last 12 months :)
Best post this year, bar none 👌

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Galaxycar

Regular
Would prefer Zac as CEO presents better,Sean has a look like he is half asleep. After watching the video to me it seems the same old spiel about a future that never comes, still don’t know what they have achieved to get all their incentive shares,wish I had a job like theirs,for me it has to be a material result before I get incentive payments,yearly bonus,I for one would like to know what targets they set,it obviously ain’t shareprice growth.
Well spoken by both parties.

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Galaxycar

Regular
People may perceive me as a negative poster but after holding for two years I’m getting sick to death of the same old retric, I can’t believe they have the balls to go into an AGM spinning the same crap with absolutely not one quantifiable result in the last year and a half,IF Mercedes’ had not of signed this share would be $0.01 now, Just sitting on a 100k loss but who’s counting,I am,time for change,not time for bonuses and incentive shares.I’ve listen and have had a few chats with Tony,ask him real questions,he doesn’t want to hear them. It’s all right to have this forum and I do enjoy reading some of the posts,but seriously are we a bunch of j witnesses so blind in our convictions not to question our management. This post will probably get taken off by Captain Z so be it, but ask yourself how long are you going to wait,when the share price is $0.10
$0.05 I for one would like the ASX at least look into these so called 100 NDA’S and say yes they do exist. PROOF IS ALL I ASK. a independent entity to prove they exist. Something quantifiable that I can pin my hopes on.
Well spoken by both parties.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Good morning,

Well there you go, the AGM documentation released as was to be expected plus the LDA Capital details released with some nice funds
deposited into our accounts.

Without getting too pedantic, the figures don't quite match up.

Obligation 15,000,000 AUD received to date 12,232,543 AUD outstanding by 31 December 2023 2,767,457 AUD (not 2.85 Million AUD)

12,232,543 AUD raised from the sale of 20,756,540 shares equates to 0.5893 per share not 0.5803 per share (approximately I can read)

Still quietly happy that 0.58 + was the final figure achieved, not as good as $2.34 but it's a lot better than 0.06c a few years ago !!

The company has once again listened, having Sean present twice now recently is important, he needs to been seen so it sends a positive
message, we already have our backroom guys and gals in the engine rooms around the globe, Sean is the face of the company, so lets
just for a minute acknowledge the company in a positive, creative way.

p.s. Isn't Zach Shelby a laid back dude..😁;) Tech x
"Sean is the face of the company"
(He needs to be seen)

Especially when Sean is so well spoken and knowledgeable about the Company, where we are and where we need to go.
As he should be.

I'm impressed whenever I hear him speak, he is a real asset to the Company and I'm glad he's there.

My opinions only, but there are no doubts in my mind, that he will lead BrainChip to Global success and beyond.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

Mercfan

Hi @Mercfan,

since you have Munich‘s Allianz Arena as your profile pic, I assume you are not only a Mercedes, but also an FC Bayern fan? (Who knows, you might be a BVB fan instead, posting this beautiful sunset shot as an ominous Götterdämmerung prediction for Dortmund‘s biggest Bundesliga rival…😉) I just happened to read somewhere that Bayern München are planning a tour through Asia in July. Let’s assume they will be playing each of their three planned matches in Bangkok, Singapore and Tokyo at 8 pm local time. For fans in Germany wanting to watch a live TV broadcast, however, the kick-off will be at different times each match day (3 pm German time for the match in Bangkok, 2 pm for the one in Singapore and 1 pm for the match in Tokyo), as there is no one single Asian time zone. Neither is there one time zone for all of Australia.

So when you are saying that Germany is 8 hours behind Australia, this statement of yours is only partly true. It is indeed, if you are currently in let’s say Port Douglas (Queensland) or Port Macquarie (New South Wales). However, if you are in Port Hedland (Western Australia) instead, Germany is currently only 6 hours behind, as WA is in the same time zone as Singapore. And to make things even more complicated, the time difference between the Ports of Hamburg or Rotterdam and Port Augusta in South Australia is 7.5 hours!

But the point I was trying to get across in my previous post is that those time zones stated in the press release @Opti had asked about were actually North American time zones, not Australian ones.

View attachment 34475

One hint was that the press release was published by Brainchip’s US office in Laguna Hills, CA. It is located in the Pacific Time zone, which is encompassing parts of western Canada, parts of the western United States (except Alaska and Hawaii) as well as the state of Baja California in Mexico. The largest city in the Eastern Time Zone, on the continent’s opposite Atlantic Coast, is New York City.
So another hint - as already mentioned in my previous post - was that only in the Americas (but not in Australia) would it make sense to differentiate between a Pacific (= West Coast) and an Eastern time zone with a three hour time difference between them. In Australia, on the other hand, the East Coast is the Pacific Coast!

So the live online event started at 9.30 am New York time (opening time of the NYSE/NASDAQ) / 6.30 am Los Angeles time, which in turn was 3.30 pm Central European Daylight Saving Time. And way past dinner time (for most people at least) anywhere in Australia & New Zealand. Hope this helps.
Hi Frangipani
Yes you are right I am a FC Bayern fan since they made it into the Bundesliga in 1962 and I am also a huge Mercedes fan since i worked for them in 1968. I know WA time is different but i was just thinking QLD/Germany. All good

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Renases chip to market in coming months according to Sean.
AKIDA 2nd Gen available to the market (on track) in 3rd quarter if not before according to Sean.
As we get closer to Revenue we are seeing a change in marketing to focus on Commercial aspects and the 'why invest' thesis.
This is obviously part of the overall plan Sean had approved by the BOD some time ago.
The Sales Team has increased dramatically.
We are getting closer and it will be interesting to see whether the market picks up on this.
It will also be interesting to see whether the Bullish set up I mentioned recently plays out. If it does then the market is on to us.
If not, well for me another top up opportunity.
It wait and see.
Good point manny.

With mum and dad investors, which I am one, we investors. get a little nervous that our investment is being looked after. I get that. The company is under NDA's, that's a fact. We can like, not like it, but it is a fact. Investors complained, they put out a monthly podcast but couldn't disclose anything concrete because as I said they are under NDA's. We get nervous because it is our hard earned and if we go down, it hurts more than sophisticated investors. IMO it is a slow burner this company due to the nature of the Tech Industry and the companies trying to keep their secrets in house and not let competition in on their future direction. It is a very competitive industry from what I have read and one company coming out with a better product can hurt the competition massively, so the need for secrecy. I'm not sure anyone here would expect DOD to put up in lights what they are working on so other countries know. The same for the Tech Industry. It sucks as an investor, but it is what it is. I would like things to move faster, but it takes a lot of time. As I said a slow burner, but a bang bang at the end IMO.

My two bobs worth.

SC

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
"Sean is the face of the company"
(He needs to be seen)

Especially when Sean is so well spoken and knowledgeable about the Company, where we are and where we need to go.
As he should be.

I'm impressed whenever I hear him speak, he is a real asset to the Company and I'm glad he's there.

My opinions only, but there are no doubts in my mind, that he will lead BrainChip to Global success and beyond.

Agree with you there mate!....I would rather Sean be too busy chatting to customer/clients getting them onboard getting Brainchip's name to the masses, etc... than pumping and appeasing the shareholders/market with hopes and dreams, right?!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Quiltman

Regular
I thought it was interesting when Sean was asked the 3 area's where BrainChip is seeing most activity & interest.

He nominated, in this order :

1) Automobile - smarter cars / electrical
2) Industrial - vibration analysis, sound analysis, preventative maintenance
3) Wearable - On your wrist, ear - Medical

and then he added a 4th ...

4) Communication - Video conferencing and the like

Picking up on 4), where Sean felt it was worth referencing

This article has been posted recently which is of interest in background knowledge :
INTERNET-SCALE VIDEO REQUIRES ITS OWN KIND OF SUPERCOMPUTING

This talks to the massive growth of live video streaming, the bandwidth required, how latency is a key issue.
Also discussion around the notion of “Look-Ahead” to analyze motion and content as well as efficient compression, using an AI processor to optimize the quality of the visuals.

Again, an area of great need, and it would seem that Akida offers functional attributes that might offer part of the solution, that in turn has companies in this space knocking on our door.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 74 users
1681793277919.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

Taproot

Regular
I thought it was interesting when Sean was asked the 3 area's where BrainChip is seeing most activity & interest.

He nominated, in this order :

1) Automobile - smarter cars / electrical
2) Industrial - vibration analysis, sound analysis, preventative maintenance
3) Wearable - On your wrist, ear - Medical

and then he added a 4th ...

4) Communication - Video conferencing and the like

Picking up on 4), where Sean felt it was worth referencing

This article has been posted recently which is of interest in background knowledge :
INTERNET-SCALE VIDEO REQUIRES ITS OWN KIND OF SUPERCOMPUTING

This talks to the massive growth of live video streaming, the bandwidth required, how latency is a key issue.
Also discussion around the notion of “Look-Ahead” to analyze motion and content as well as efficient compression, using an AI processor to optimize the quality of the visuals.

Again, an area of great need, and it would seem that Akida offers functional attributes that might offer part of the solution, that in turn has companies in this space knocking on our door.
Yes @Quiltman
That was my exact same takeaway from the discussion between Sean and Zach. That one liner about video conferencing.
I saw a 60 minutes clip last night which showcased Google's Starline Project. ( Google's AI Video Conferencing Experience )

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 27 users
Some interesting thoughts here from the CEO of OpenAI, in regards to the future of giant AI models:

"But the company’s CEO, Sam Altman, says further progress will not come from making models bigger. “I think we're at the end of the era where it's going to be these, like, giant, giant models,” he told an audience at an event held at MIT late last week. “We'll make them better in other ways.”

"Altman’s statement suggests that GPT-4 could be the last major advance to emerge from OpenAI’s strategy of making the models bigger and feeding them more data. He did not say what kind of research strategies or techniques might take its place. In the paper describing GPT-4, OpenAI says its estimates suggest diminishing returns on scaling up model size. Altman said there are also physical limits to how many data centers the company can build and how quickly it can build them."

"After ChatGPT debuted in November, meme makers and tech pundits speculated that GPT-4, when it arrived, would be a model of vertigo-inducing size and complexity. Yet when OpenAI finally announced the new artificial intelligence model, the company didn’t disclose how big it is—perhaps because size is no longer all that matters. At the MIT event, Altman was asked if training GPT-4 cost $100 million; he replied, “It’s more than that.”

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

TECH

Regular
Expect within the next 7 business days another ASX announcement with the tabling of our Quarterly Report and 4C.

Try to keep a level head, as it may not contain all that you are/were hoping for at this point in time.

My opinion....Tech (y)

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 45 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Intelligent IoT Gateway and it’s Importance in Today’s Connected World​

Published on
April 17, 2023

VVDN publication

blog Banner

As per Statisa, there are a total of 15.14 billion connected IoT devices in 2023 globally, and this number is expected to cross 29 Billion by 2030.
Ever wondered how these devices communicate with each other and the external world? There is a central hub, or IoT Gateway, that serves as a bridge between the devices and the cloud, allowing for communication, data collection, and data processing.
In this blog, we will deep dive to understand what is an IoT gateway, key components to keep in mind while designing, benefits and use cases of using IoT gateways and how VVDN can help customers who are looking for a reliable and secure IoT gateway for their next- gen application.

What is an IoT Gateway? and how does it actually work?​

An IoT gateway is a device that sits between the Internet of Things (IoT) devices and the cloud, allowing them to exchange data, perform analytics, and take actions based on the data collected.
iot-gateway-1-1024x607.jpg

The key components of IoT gateway engineering include:​

• Hardware design: This involves designing the physical components of the gateway, such as the circuit board, power supply, and networking interfaces.
  • Software development: This involves creating the firmware and software that runs on the gateway, including the operating system, drivers, and communication protocols.
  • Mechanical: Designing the mechanical of the gateway also becomes important in terms of ruggedness, IP rating, etc to make it ideal for installing in harsh environments operating over a wide temperature range.
  • Security: Since IoT devices are vulnerable to cyber-attacks, security is a critical component of IoT gateway engineering. Engineers must design the gateway with security in mind and implement appropriate security measures such as encryption, authentication, and access control.
  • Connectivity: The gateway should have multiple connectivity options both wired and wireless such as Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Cellular (LTE, 4G, 5G), Bluetooth, and Zigbee, LoRa, etc to connect to different devices and transmission of data in real time.
  • Integration: IoT gateways must be able to integrate with a wide range of devices and software platforms. Engineers must design the gateway to be compatible with various sensors, devices, and cloud platforms, as well as APIs and communication protocols.
  • Testing and validation: Engineers must test and validate the IoT gateway to ensure that it functions properly and meets the desired performance requirements. This includes stress testing, functional testing, and interoperability testing.

Evolution of IoT Gateways:​

In the past, gateways were designed only to facilitate communication and send the data to the cloud for further analytics and decision making. They do not support performing analytics on the edge. Nowadays, edge gateways are gaining popularity across the globe. They have the capability to perform all analytics on the edge without sending the data to the cloud which eventually reduces latency and improves response times, making IoT applications more responsive. With enabling 5G connectivity to these gateways, it can further help in gaining quick insights, automate and instantly give updates about the connected devices and sensors in real time.

Here are some benefits of using an IoT gateway:​

• Data aggregation: An IoT gateway can aggregate data from multiple IoT devices including sensors, cameras, etc, process it, and send it to the cloud for analysis. This can help reduce the amount of data that needs to be transmitted over the network, making it more efficient and reducing costs.
  • Security: An IoT gateway can act as a firewall, protecting IoT devices from cyberattacks. It can also encrypt data as it is transmitted to the cloud, ensuring that data is protected from unauthorized access.
  • Edge computing: An IoT gateway can perform some processing at the edge, reducing the amount of data that needs to be sent to the cloud. This can help reduce latency and improve response times, making IoT applications more responsive.
  • Interoperability: An IoT gateway can provide a common interface between different types of IoT devices, making it easier to integrate new devices into an existing system.
  • Scalability: An IoT gateway can help scale IoT deployments by providing a centralized management point for large numbers of IoT devices.

Use cases for IoT gateway:​

An IoT gateway can help improve the efficiency, security, and reliability of IoT systems, making them more useful and effective for businesses and consumers. IoT gateways can be used in various use cases to connect and manage IoT devices. Here are some examples of IoT gateway use cases:
  • Industrial IoT (IIoT): In industrial environments or factories, an IoT gateway can be used to connect different types of sensors and devices, collect data from them, and transmit it to the cloud for analysis. This can help optimize industrial processes, improve efficiency, and reduce costs.
  • Retail: In the retail industry, edge gateways are in high demand and can be used to know the consumer buying behavior, taste, needs and habits in real time.
  • Smart City: IoT Gateways can be used in smart cities applications to collect the data from various sensors installed, cameras, etc and take action accordingly by processing the information either on edge or cloud.
  • Transportation: In the transportation industry, an IoT gateway can be used to collect data from vehicles, including speed, location, and engine performance. This data can be used to optimize routes, improve fuel efficiency, and reduce maintenance costs.
  • Smart Home: In a smart home, an IoT gateway can act as a central hub, connecting various smart devices like lights, thermostats, and security cameras. The gateway can then process and analyze the data collected from these devices and take appropriate actions, such as adjusting the temperature or turning on the lights.
  • Agriculture: In agriculture, an IoT gateway can be used to collect data from soil sensors, weather stations, and other agricultural devices. This data can then be analyzed to optimize crop growth and increase yields.
  • Healthcare: An IoT gateway can be used in healthcare settings to monitor patient health and collect data from medical devices like blood glucose monitors and blood pressure cuffs. This data can then be transmitted to healthcare providers for analysis and used to improve patient outcomes.
Overall, IoT gateways can be used in a wide variety of industries and settings to connect and manage IoT devices, collect and process data, and improve efficiency and effectiveness.

How VVDN can help its customers looking for IoT Gateways:​

VVDN supports global OEMs, system integrators with our unique expertise in designing, developing and manufacturing tailored made IoT gateways as per the requirement. In the past, VVDN has designed, developed and manufactured IoT gateways based on different platforms including NXP, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Intel, AMD-Xilinx, Kinara, etc that are currently deployed on the field for different use cases.
If you are also looking to design an IoT gateway, understand how we can help and what real-life industry knowledge we can bring to the table. Contact VVDN today at info@vvdntech.com.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Afternoon Chippers,

Appears to be a little movement in the aftermarket balancing.

Looking a little spicey.

😍.

* from a quick eyeballing of BRN trade history, trades transacted, this is the lowest in over 12 months.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Back again,

Thought this may be helpfull, compiled from everyone's, generously shared findings.

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20230418_155627.jpg
    20230418_155627.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 259
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 43 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Rskiff

Regular
Back again,

Thought this may be helpfull, compiled from everyone's, generously shared findings.

Regards,
Esq.
@Esq.111 , back to the future. Great to see your enthusiasm in creating this masterpiece!!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
From 4 days ago....be great if we are part of this 🔥

Edit...yes, aware of AFRL and ISL EAP etc. Just trusting that if they now pushing public media on their direction that they are ready to launch and that we get a formal acknowledgement that it's our Akida actually being used.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
@Esq.111 , back to the future. Great to see your enthusiasm in creating this masterpiece!!
Afternoon Rskiff,

Deffinately oldschool, Love a hard copy.

For those alittle tired , with some time to burn, this is a compilation of everyone's contributions from December 2020 onwards.

* excuse my 14 month calenders,

* SHOW ME THE MONEY.

These two calenders & the one in the last post contain 98% of all announcements etc .

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20230418_162128.jpg
    20230418_162128.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 236
  • 20230418_162146.jpg
    20230418_162146.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 233
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Afternoon Rskiff,

Deffinately oldschool, Love a hard copy.

For those alittle tired , with some time to burn, this is a compilation of everyone's contributions from December 2020 onwards.

* excuse my 14 month calenders,

* SHOW ME THE MONEY.

These two calenders & the one in the last post contain 98% of all announcements etc .

Regards,
Esq.
Your a legend @ Esq.111

When viewed like that , it’s hard to believe that some are critical of a lack of information.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Top Bottom