BRN Discussion Ongoing

Fenris78

Regular
Not enough info for a definitive here but .......i like it...

View attachment 34526

Sony has been very active in marketing their AI lately... Raspberry Pi, Vision sensors with Prophesee and IOT's below. When Megachips first signed their IP license, Nintendo was a known customer... as well as "a Japanese camera" company. There's a high possibility that Sony have signed an IP deal via Megachips. I didn't have much faith in any cash receipts in the upcoming 4C, as their was not much revenue forecast in the annual report. But. I'm not sure how these IP contracts work. If for example, a company like Sony had products (such as the one below) commercially available.. would BRN be required to invoice them? Or would the IP royalties be paid as products are manufactured? As in cash receipted in a current 4C, that has not been forecast in previous reports?

1681812738323.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

KiKi

Regular
Expect within the next 7 business days another ASX announcement with the tabling of our Quarterly Report and 4C.

Try to keep a level head, as it may not contain all that you are/were hoping for at this point in time.

My opinion....Tech (y)

You are scaring me!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Hello All,

I was just reading through the 2022 Annual Report that came into my email today and on p2, in Viana's Letter From The Chair, he makes the statement:

"Our Board of Directors grew in 2022 with the addition on Duy-Loan Le. Her early contributions have already made a material impact."

Does anyone know what her material impact was? And, isn't anything of a material nature something that needs to be made known public by way of ASX announcement?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

skutza

Regular
So my hot water unit works for a hydronic system as well a boarding house for a school, cost $30k to install. Just found out the sensor to the tanks was malfunctioning and incorrectly telling the system it was 35 degree colder than it was. Condensor is shot and a few other things with it. I said to the guy working on it, how much is the sensor worth, he said $12. So I said a $12 sensor has cost me $4.5k in repairs? he said yep!

Oh dear I said, that sensor isn't too smart is it? Come on BRN lets save me some $$ and make me some while you're at it!!! :)

Reactions: 11 users

skutza

Regular
Hello All,

I was just reading through the 2022 Annual Report that came into my email today and on p2, in Viana's Letter From The Chair, he makes the statement:

"Our Board of Directors grew in 2022 with the addition on Duy-Loan Le. Her early contributions have already made a material impact."

Does anyone know what her material impact was? And, isn't anything of a material nature something that needs to be made known public by way of ASX announcement?
She cost us a lot of money to get her here, therefore immediate Material impact :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
Also involved with Mercedes.

While driving, the platform is available only for audio calls, though it still has nice features such as AI-powered noise cancellation to drown out the traffic around you for the sake of those on the other end of your meeting. Transcription capabilities can also capture notes from the meeting to let you keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel.

The complete immersive Webex experience is accessible only while the car is parked. This includes the use of video with the in-dash camera, automatic AI-powered transcription, content sharing and emoji reactions.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So my hot water unit works for a hydronic system as well a boarding house for a school, cost $30k to install. Just found out the sensor to the tanks was malfunctioning and incorrectly telling the system it was 35 degree colder than it was. Condensor is shot and a few other things with it. I said to the guy working on it, how much is the sensor worth, he said $12. So I said a $12 sensor has cost me $4.5k in repairs? he said yep!

Oh dear I said, that sensor isn't too smart is it? Come on BRN lets save me some $$ and make me some while you're at it!!! :)
Fahrenheit?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

KKFoo

Regular
The new Merc comes with AI

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-18-21-15-01-90_254de13a4bc8758c9908fff1f73e3725.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-18-21-15-01-90_254de13a4bc8758c9908fff1f73e3725.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
@Rocket577 posted a Valeo presentation

I think the most important take-away is that Valeo will sell 1.5 billion ADAS sensors in the next 5 years - Ultrasound, LiDaR, Radar, camera. That's an average of 300M sensors per year.

If we take FF's tried and tested 1% that would be 3 million Akidas p.a. ... but I'll let you do the maths.

Those sensors will be in 30 million ADAS systems, so an average of 10 sensors per ADAS.

Stellantis, owner of several vehicle brands, proposes to use the system in several models in 2024.

The big BMW contact also got a gurnsey.

... and we're not forgetting Mercedes.

... and we still don't know the relationship between BrainChip and Valeo. To repeat myself, the initial announcement reads more like a joint development than a licence. If that's the case, there is no up front licence fee. We have to wait for sales to get our slice, which, under a JD, we might expect to be worth more than a royalty.

The good news is that Valeo has more than 1 billion euros in forward orders.

There is also mention of CVPR self-supervised learning:

CVPR 2022 Open Access Repository (thecvf.com)

It would be great if our share of the Valeo ADAS pie could be revealed before the AGM.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 87 users
@Rocket577 posted a Valeo presentation

I think the most important take-away is that Valeo will sell 1.5 billion ADAS sensors in the next 5 years - Ultrasound, LiDaR, Radar, camera. That's an average of 300M sensors per year.

If we take FF's tried and tested 1% that would be 3 million Akidas p.a. ... but I'll let you do the maths.

Those sensors will be in 30 million ADAS systems, so an average of 10 sensors per ADAS.

Stellantis, owner of several vehicle brands, proposes to use the system in several models in 2024.

The big BMW contact also got a gurnsey.

... and we're not forgetting Mercedes.

... and we still don't know the relationship between BrainChip and Valeo. To repeat myself, the initial announcement reads more like a joint development than a licence. If that's the case, there is no up front licence fee. We have to wait for sales to get our slice, which, under a JD, we might expect to be worth more than a royalty.

The good news is that Valeo has more than 1 billion euros in forward orders.

There is also mention of CVPR self-supervised learning:

CVPR 2022 Open Access Repository (thecvf.com)

It would be great if our share of the Valeo ADAS pie could be revealed before the AGM.
Hey @Diogenese

After I posted that new AFRL promo vid earlier on neuromorphic, I had an ISL revisit.

We Ann'd Jan 22 re their EAP, they lodged a patent as below in 2021 and was granted Feb 22. Timing :unsure:

Is primarily DNN training and conversion to SNN on neuromorphic hardware from what I can see.

What's your thoughts if get time?

Process and method for real-time sensor neuromorphic processing​

Jul 19, 2021 - Information Systems Laboratories, Inc

A novel system and method are described that allows for implementation of compact and efficient deep learning AI solutions to advanced sensor signal processing functions. The process includes the following stages: (1) A method for generating requisite annotated training data in sufficient quantity to ensure convergence of a deep learning neural network (DNN); (2) A method for implementing the resulting DNN onto a Spiking Neural Network (SNN) architecture amenable to efficient neuromorphic integrated circuit (IC) architectures; (3) A method for implementing the solution onto a neuromorphic IC; and (4) A statistical method for ensuring reliable performance.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Just a little refresher ;
Valeo & Ford have been aboard for nearly 3 years .
Keep holding chippers it’s not if but when

Let us look at the two recent deals signed by the Company that led to the stock rally.

Joint Agreement with Tier-1 Automotive Supplier

On 8 June 2020, Brainchip Holdings Ltd entered a joint development pact using BRN’s Akida neuromorphic SoC with Valeo Corporation, a Tier-1 European automotive supplier of sensors as well as systems for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Vehicles (AV).

Under the agreement, certain performance milestones & payments that are anticipated to include the Company’s expenditures. The term of the deal is specified by the accomplishment of performance goals & the accessibility of the Akida devices. Each party has the option to end the agreement for convenience with specific notification.

The confirmation of the Company’s Akida device by a Tier-1 supplier of sensors & systems to the automotive industry is believed to be significant progress.

In ADAS & AV applications, the real-time processing of data is vital for security as well as dependability of the autonomous systems. From the automotive industry, the suppliers, as well as the manufacturers, have acknowledged that the advanced & highly efficient neuromorphic nature of the Akida SoC makes it ideally fit to process data at the “Edge” for their advanced system solutions.

With the integration of the Akida neural network processor with sensors, the subsequent system can attain ultra-low power, min. latency, max. reliability & incremental learning.

The Akida neural processor’s game-changing high performance & ultra-low power utilisation allows smart sensor combination by resolving power and footprint difficulties for a range of sensor technologies. Further, it consumes less power than alternative AI solutions and simultaneously maintaining the necessary performance as well as accuracy in a fraction of the physical space.

Agreement with Ford Motor Company for the Evaluation of AkidaTM Neural Processor

On 24 May 2020, the Company signed a joint agreement with Detroit-based Company for evaluation of the Akida neural network System-on-Chip for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems & Autonomous Vehicle applications.

The evaluation agreement was binding on execution which was signed into with Ford Motor Company and is not the subject of a fixed term. The deal is based upon a partnership to assess Akida as it relates to the automotive industry & payments under the agreement proposed to cover related expenses and received periodically during the evaluation process.

Akida NSoC has an advanced and highly efficient neuromorphic nature, and the partners in the collaboration have also realised that these features provide a broad range of potential solutions to complex problems such as driver behaviour assessments and real-time object detection.

The Akida NSoC exemplifies ground-breaking Neural Processing computing tools for Edge AI systems and gadgets. Each Akida NSoC has 10 billion synapses and 1.2 million neurons, demonstrating orders of magnitude improved effectiveness than other neural processing devices available.

The unique combination of meagre power, high performance and on-chip learning enables for real-time processing at the sensor along with continuous learning. The objective is to facilitate personalisation of every driver’s understanding in real time & constant updates to the system with the change in the environmental conditions.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

cosors

👀
Back again,

Thought this may be helpfull, compiled from everyone's, generously shared findings.

Regards,
Esq.
You are the best. I love your work!
I was a little distracted in my graphite corner....

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Afternoon Rskiff,

Deffinately oldschool, Love a hard copy.

For those alittle tired , with some time to burn, this is a compilation of everyone's contributions from December 2020 onwards.

* excuse my 14 month calenders,

* SHOW ME THE MONEY.

These two calenders & the one in the last post contain 98% of all announcements etc .

Regards,
Esq.
I'm really impressed. WoW!
Legend you are

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

SiFive Intelligence​

Building Solutions for Modern AI/ML​

AI/ML Challenges​

Commonly used embedded control processors lack compute resources needed to execute inference workloads efficiently. Dedicated accelerators can work well for CNN layers, however:
  • They may not work for modern neural networks
  • They can be difficult to program, may have immature tools
  • In-house solutions may be expensive to maintain
The SiFive Intelligence™ solution is a better option: A high-performance control processor with scalable vector compute resources, all based on an open instruction set. SiFive Intelligence is a scalable platform to meet ML processing requirements, from extremely low power to high-performance compute.

The SiFive Solution​

SiFive Intelligence is an integrated software + hardware solution that addresses energy efficient inference applications. It starts with SiFive’s industry-leading RISC-V Core IP, adds RISC-V Vector (RVV) support, and then goes a step further with the inclusion of software tools and new SiFive Intelligence Extensions, vector operations specifically tuned for the acceleration of machine learning operations. These new instructions, integrated with a multi-core capable, Linux-capable, dual-issue microarchitecture, with up to 512b wide vectors, and bundled with TensorFlow Lite support, are well-suited for high-performance, low-power inference applications.
Learn more about the first announced SiFive Intelligence product, the SiFive Intelligence X280.

Reactions: 14 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Scaling IoT and IIoT Ecosystems: Qualcomm Unveils New Solutions​

By Alex Passett
April 17, 2023
5534083398-AdobeStock_505130516-IIOT-industrial-iot-industry-supersize-1200x630.jpeg

Since 1985, Qualcomm has cemented its international footprint in the development of critical technologies.
In 2023, it still offers a whole host of innovations; extended reality (XR) and wireless capabilities for mobile, connectivity and location awareness for automotive, numerous outfitted wearables and smart solutions for consumer and networking IoT (Internet of Things), and breakthroughs for Industrial IoT (IIoT).
In short, per Qualcomm’s mission statement, the company “transforms how the world communications, connects, and computes.” It’s also a Promoter-level member of the Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI) Alliance alongside the likes of Google, Bosch, and Samsung.
In continuing to bring data processing and intelligence to the edge in order to further power the digital economy, Qualcomm announced two new sets of IoT solutions just earlier today: its QCS8550 and QCM8550 Processors, and its QCS4490 and QCM4490 Processors, respectively.
Let’s break this news down.
These versatile, upgraded, IoT-expanding processor solutions are poised to meet the needs of demanding commercial and industrial applications. (Use cases include, but aren’t limited to: 5G connectivity, next-gen smart cameras, robotics, cloud gaming, crystal-clear video collaboration, industrial handhelds, point-of-sale devices and more.)
The Qualcomm QCS8550 and QCM8550 Processors are designed for performance-intense IoT applications. They combine Wi-Fi 7 connectivity, extreme compute power and edge AI processing to quickly enable and deploy autonomous mobile robots, industrial drones, etc.
The Qualcomm QCS4490 and QCM4490 Processors are equipped with both 5G and Wi-Fi 6E for multi-gigabit speeds, extended range, and low latency for the super-efficient processing of complex computing tasks. With planned support for Android releases (through version 18), they can be used in industrial designs through the year 2030 and are ideal for advanced retail, control and automation applications like security panels, etc.
“Qualcomm Technologies is uniquely positioned to expediently take the IoT and IIoT ecosystems forward,” said Dev Singh, Vice President of Business Development and Head of Building, Enterprise & Industrial Automation at Qualcomm. “These are our newest solutions for bringing top industry technologies together, and to fuel the next generation of resilient, high-performing applications.”

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Apologies if already posted

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Home101

Regular
This doesn’t sound very smart

Reactions: 2 users