BRN Discussion Ongoing

Mccabe84

Regular
seems like the big institutions are still buying, is this not a good sign?
5F80C1F0-5370-4EB6-8F11-9C3DA10F8F21.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Do you really expect “significant” revenue (which is as vague as the term lumpy) until royalties begin rolling in for mass produced products?

Some, do seem to be disappointed by lack of licence sales. Others appear to be more than satisfied with the strategic partners and alliances Brainchip have been forming. Do you feel a little better after venting your disappointment for the 50th time? Maybe 51 will be the lucky number.
No which is why I said we don't have enough license sales.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Jimmy17

Regular
seems like the big institutions are still buying, is this not a good sign? View attachment 34445
Well Mccabe84, depends whether its a fair playing field in accumulating those shares. Why is it, that day after day month after month, with buyers lining up and outnumbering sellers every day, that institutions are accumulating vast millions of shares, and at the same time the share price is being pushed down. Tell me how that's a good thing?

Reactions: 1 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Well Mccabe84, depends whether it’s a fair playing field in accumulating those shares. Why is it, that day after day month after month, with buyers lining up and outnumbering sellers every day, that institutions are accumulating vast millions of shares, and at the same time the share price is being pushed down. Tell me how that's a good thing?
Nothings stopping you from accumulating to ? Yes it’s sad the price has gone down..

Reactions: 4 users
No which is why I said we don't have enough license sales.
We’ll be in at least one mass produced chip later this year that we know of. How many deals are currently or going to be through Megachips that you and I will never know of?

Can you please explain those unexpected mysterious licence fees from Megachips in 2022? How would we ever possibly know which customers are licensing through MC? Just because sales aren’t being announced doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t happening.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

The Pope

Regular
Do we know where the AGM meeting will be held yet? The announcement only said 23rd May, 11.00am Sydney time. I assume Sydney like last year?
I've just realised I will be in Sydney that day! Could be a great coincidence:D
Yes it is in Sydney on the date and time you mentioned.
My understanding is all the BRN directors will be in attendance including CEO Sean Hehir, CFO Ken Scarince and Tony Dawe.
I hope this helps and make sure you have any questions ready for them to provide responses

Cheers
The Pope

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Kachoo

Regular
I a
And how much? $5 or $10 million ain't going to cut it.

We are going to need significant revenue to justify our current market cap, let alone grow the share price. Which is why there are some, myself included, that are disappointed by the lack of license sales to date.
free our revenue is low. What I'm more curious on is our future revenue. There are a lot of partnerships developing.

NASA keep putting more interest we are quite heavily looked at by USA defense and Air force. I don't know if you really understand how much money is involved in such contracts check what the US spends on defense. Not to mention the industry that it creates too. Yeah all of it would not be BRN but their is huge huge potential. They have been working with Akida for 2.5 years if it was crap we would not keep seeing paper after paper.

The complexity of following the Money in defense is near impossible. I see the puzzle comming together very well revenue is the final part yes.

Tell me why BRN has not pushed sales to China? If they could not get traction in the US they could knock someplace else.

The constant hiring and growth is big the company has go up 3x from 20 some to over 70 people. If they were not getting traction they would not be hiring. What fiscally responsible company increase staffing cost 3 fold if they have nothing.

But yes in my opinion many details holders will sell out way to cheap just my personal opinion.

I see how the chat have deteriorated people mad at each other picking sides. The sharks are eating this up.

Institutional investment is increasing on a daily basis why cause brn has no hope and they just want to by shares to lose money for their clients. IMO

The bashers on HC have been relentless for over 2 years why?
I held shit sticks before lost money sold and moved on never tried to save the rest of the people. That's for each individual to decied.

I'm not telling anyone to buy this either it's not my job. We are just discussing the companies achievements and growth.

Years of work sometimes a lifetime goes into winning the Nobel prize.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users
I don’t know who it was but someone posted that mega chips hits revenue around the likes of 20 billion USD. That’s so incredibly far off. The estimated revenue for the financial year 2023 is around 500 million USD.
Please whoever stated that correct yourself. I’m sure you just confused the currencies ans that’s it. And for the love of god stop cancelling people who are not satisfied with the performance of the company. We all do like BRN ans did our due diligence. It doesn’t prevent the fact that our performance is plain awful. Otherwise we can all stop participating in this forum as it would be plain useless.

Sources: https://www.megachips.co.jp/english/pdf/2303ps-3q_e.pdf

Don’t confuse the currencies. I guess that was the mistake and I’m certain that there wasn’t any malicious intent by the poster. So don’t feel offended it was just a mistake and that’s it. No bad feelings from my side.

• Love
  • Fire

KiKi

Regular
A friend had written an email to Tony Dawe a fews weeks ago with his concerns about the stock price and worries about how successful BRN is going to be and received a reply from him (I cannot post it completely as I do not have his consent to do so) and the last sentences of the reply were:
That is what we are focused on (my explanation: meaning customer relationship) and that is what we are working day and night to achieve (my explanation: achieve sales).
It's not a matter of if we are successful, it’s a matter of when. Please remain patient.
Regards
Tony Dawe

I also hate to see the SP going down further and further, but I keep buying more stocks as I trust Tony Dawe's words. Should he be wrong, well then I will be losing a whole lot of money and cry for a while. But until then, I will not cry about the SP! I will remain patient!

• Love
Reactions: 37 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Damo4 we agree on something. There communication is consistent.;);)

We already have radio silence. Has anyone here heard of the CEO visiting Australia to present to Australian shareholders?

I'm not the only one concerned with this. Stock analysts are also concerned or bemused with this. Go take a listen to the latest Stocks downunder interview (Marc Kennis) where they raise this concern and many others.

I just wonder what it will take for this current CEO to get out and talk about this company to its shareholders in a meaningful way that gives you a grain of hope that positive things are happening.

I want to hear it from the company and not from a forum.

That's what the AGM is for. So you can hear it from the company. I take it you'll be going, since you seem to have a lot of questions that no-one on here can answer for you.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I don’t know who it was but someone posted that mega chips hits revenue around the likes of 20 billion USD. That’s so incredibly far off. The estimated revenue for the financial year 2023 is around 500 million USD.
Please whoever stated that correct yourself. I’m sure you just confused the currencies ans that’s it. And for the love of god stop cancelling people who are not satisfied with the performance of the company. We all do like BRN ans did our due diligence. It doesn’t prevent the fact that our performance is plain awful. Otherwise we can all stop participating in this forum as it would be plain useless.

Sources: https://www.megachips.co.jp/english/pdf/2303ps-3q_e.pdf

Don’t confuse the currencies. I guess that was the mistake and I’m certain that there wasn’t any malicious intent by the poster. So don’t feel offended it was just a mistake and that’s it. No bad feelings from my side.

Hi @DerAktienDude, I'll have to ask @The Pope for forgiveness if I've made an error. In my own defence, I may have been misled by Dr Google and so I should only need to recite a maximum of 3 Hail Mary's.

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 5.57.17 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
D

Deleted member 118

Renesas Round-Up: A Q&A with Roger Wendelken on Trends Shaping Industrial MCUs​

Roger Wendelken

Roger Wendelken
Senior Vice President of the MCU Business Division in Renesas’ IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit

Published: March 29, 2023
Renesas is a leading supplier of MCUs, shipping more than 3.5 billion devices each year backed by a dual-source production model, the industry’s most advanced MCU process technology and a network of more than 200 ecosystem partners. Approximately half of Renesas MCUs are designed into automotive platforms, with the remainder serving a diverse set of applications in IoT, edge-to-cloud computing, consumer, industrial and infrastructure systems. Veteran semiconductor industry editor and consultant, Andrew MacLellan, recently sat down with Roger Wendelken, Senior Vice President of the MCU Business Division in Renesas’ IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit, to discuss the evolving MCU market, thoughts on nurturing a user-friendly customer design ecosystem and the impact of artificial intelligence (AI) on MCU component selection and design flows.
Andrew: What are the major trends influencing the MCU landscape for industrial applications?
Roger: One is to address the emerging AI markets of real-time analytics, vision and voice. The move to embedded AI, or what we call “endpoint intelligence,” is driving the need for higher-performance MCU cores that bring in DSP functionality as well as hardware acceleration engines and neural nodes.
A second key trend is that today's engineer would love to design everything over the Internet – and do it very easily. That requires a user interface that provides engineers with a seamless design flow. Frankly, this trend is directly in line with the overriding goal of Renesas, “To Make Our Lives Easier” by complementing human capabilities. If they become frustrated with the documentation, or they can’t find an evaluation kit, or the app notes or software manuals are hard to follow, then they always have the option of locking in with a competitor.
Andrew: How are you enabling customers to embrace these trends, and how are you helping them manage the growing size and complexity of the MCU ecosystem?
Roger: It's a combination of ease of design, helping them do more work remotely and creating an environment where, say, they can play with an eval kit in the cloud as opposed to buying a physical kit and setting it up. In the cloud, there’s no set up required; it's there already for designers to take measurements and do benchmarking. That was the impetus behind the recent launch of our Quick-Connect Studio, which is a cloud-based design platform that lets users graphically build hardware and software and accelerate product development by quickly validating prototypes.
Secondly, because the ecosystem is becoming so complex, we break it into several subsegments, such as security and safety, AI, tools and user experience, connectivity and cloud, and human machine interface sensing and control. Then, we pick ecosystem partners to support each subsegment. Of those, AI is probably the most complex given the need to build, develop, train and deploy models. There could be ecosystem partners for each of those different categories. Reality AI, which we acquired last year, was initially an AI ecosystem partner, and we saw a tremendous benefit for them to become part of Renesas and our overall customer solution.
Renesas MCUs Bridge Key IoT & AI Technologies

Andrew: I read a report recently that debated whether the move to incorporate multiple, highly optimized cores and AI algorithms will result in general-purpose MCUs being replaced by application-specific devices. What’s your take?
Roger: I wouldn’t necessarily agree that they’re becoming more application specific, and I'll give you my reasoning on this. At Renesas, we have both, and what really differentiates the two is the hardware peripherals. For example, the metering or motor control markets may require certain analog functions that aren’t needed in a general-purpose MCU for someone designing for other applications. That necessitates a trade-off between die size and cost.
Why is that becoming less of an issue? It’s because, as we move to lithographies of 22nm and below, you can start putting a lot more functionality into a single piece of silicon that can now address many segments without incurring a heavy cost penalty. In a sense, as you move to smaller lithographies, you can almost create a general-purpose MCU that is able to address a lot of application-specific designs through different packaging schemes and memory size options. For example, our most advanced 32-bit MCUs have very powerful cores with the ability to handle all aspects of AI, from real-time analytics to vision and voice. But you can also take the IP on the die and bond it out into different packages that can address the networking market, or metering or motor control.
Andrew: With more MCUs being designed into the IoT intelligent endpoint, how is Renesas helping customers manage security?
Roger: As more and more products are connected to the cloud via home and industrial networks, we need to ensure that the network and endpoint are secure. AI/ML (machine learning) is a powerful technology, and it’s important not to underestimate its implied security requirements. Protecting AI IP and device cloud communication – efficiently and cost effectively – is vital, but new technology also introduces new threats. This is why governments around the world are responding with legislation such as the Strengthening American Cybersecurity Act and the EU Cyber Resilience Act. These are designed to defend users and their devices from malicious attack. Protecting the AI model, during both training and operation, is critical to secure operation of the device over its entire lifetime.
Andrew: What effect are AI and ML/TinyML having on the way MCUs are designed in at the system level?
Roger: One thing we've learned is that, when a customer implements AI into their product, there is a direct impact on the MCU selection decision, which now needs to happen far earlier in the design process. This is because customers have to decide how big their model needs to be based on the capabilities they’re designing for. All of that impacts what MCU they need to run the model, the optimal memory density and what performance is required to achieve the goals of their AI application. If I can show my customer how they can implement AI on a 50-cent MCU using my ecosystem and my tools versus a 75-cent MCU from a competitor, that’s what it comes down to. This places a heavy reliance on how tightly these algorithms are written so that they can be executed using fewer resources, and again that’s where Reality AI comes in as a winning solution.
Andrew: What advice do you have for customers at the initial stages of their design process?
Roger: For a product that’s entering design today and will hit the market in a year or two and stay relevant for the next five, engineers need to think about using security and AI to future-proof their product so it remains competitive for its full life cycle.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

suss

Regular
Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 118

Don’t think I’ve seen this on here before. A few months old but might be worth a watch if anyone is interested

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
That's what the AGM is for. So you can hear it from the company. I take it you'll be going, since you seem to have a lot of questions that no-one on here can answer for you.
Hopefully everyone that is worried right now, especially those that like to continually point out that they are worried, go to the AGM to ask their questions. Or I worry that they may continue to point out that they are worried, and then I would be worried for them, but not the least bit worried about the company as I have been all along.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom