BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 10.59.17 am.png

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
D

Deleted member 118

Weird how both Diagnose and FF have both vanished recently and as a conspiracy theorist, maybe they both work for brainchip and we are entering a blackout period.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users

mrgds

Regular
Link to the companies website please. Then you get the prize!

The point I am trying to make is why should I have to go and search the internet for a company presentation? I should be able to easily locate it shouldn't I?

p.s. I have the presentation as I listened to it live.
Hi @belkin
I like you have been with BRN for many years now and agree that the communication to shareholders is far from adequate.

AND ................... do i get the prize .................:p

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire

rgupta

Regular
I am a bit upset with Sean revealing akida 1000 was not for sale purpose.
If it was not for sale then what it was meant for?
1. Just to say to market brn is the 1st neurophonic processor company with a failed chip?
2. If it was for partners then why no deal was signed from akida 1000?
3. If akida 1000 was as good as they told us that results are better than expected then why cannot we sell the product?
4. Is that brn was too quick to release a product without working out the ecosystem?
5. Is that akida 1000 goes the same way as studio get lost?
6. Is that proves incapabilities of management?
Don't take me wrong I am still a holder and am not planning to change flanks but management should be responsible enough to clarify holders what went wrong with akida 1000 and what lessons are learnt and how the same will not be repeated with akida 1500 or akida 2000.
Dyor

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users
Don't you feel though that we should expect honest and timely information about the company we own, from management?

Even though it is a speccy it is clear that the flow of information from the company is disappointing to say the least.
Personally, I feel neutral about Brainchip’s communication. I am neither satisfied or dissatisfied - I just accept they are playing cards close to the chest, whether you feel they are being too careful in regards to official ASX announcements or not. I’ve spoken to Tony about this in the past and his response alleviated my concerns.

And lack of communication about progress with EAPs is in Brainchip’s best interest. So I don’t even need generalised comments about how EAPs are tracking right now for my peace of mind. We will be told about deals when the time is right. NDAs are vital and things can go south very quickly if NDAs are breached. Dre’s situation with Apple and his Beats by Dre headphones always springs to mind.

But I also can understand people being dissatisfied. Not everyone is built like me. I’d just rather not listen to pointless whingeing from holders who won’t even enter a rational discussion to counter logical points and yesterday I had had enough.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

jtardif999

Regular
Yep, pretty sure I'm right. This also ties in with customers are.......'interested' i.e. not committed yet. Also, saying that AKIDA 1000 wasn't ever supposed to create revenue is a huge red flag for me.
Pretty much from the outset of AKD1000 they have been calling it a reference chip. Dunno what all the fuss is about - where the red flag is, BRN made it clear that their EAPs were its main customers. In any case you can still purchase the chip via the boards they sell it with. They have much bigger fish to fry than directly selling chips anyway. I reckon that if a customer were wanting a batch of the chips in enough volume to make it profitable they would get them produced. The way AKD1000 is structured with an already specified ARM pre processor in itself spells out it being reference based imo. Any volume customers would want their own pre processor there. AIMO.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

Hi @belkin
I like you have been with BRN for many years now and agree that the communication to shareholders is far from adequate.

AND ................... do i get the prize .................:p

AKIDA BALLISTA

Signing in is easy. Don't forget to tick the right boxes!

Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 11.22.56 am.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Weird how both Diagnose and FF have both vanished recently and as a conspiracy theorist, maybe they both work for brainchip and we are entering a blackout period.

I think it healthy to take occasional breaks from here now and then.
Can become a little consuming and the older among us don't eat and breathe social media like those of you who have grown up with it. 🤣
Or it may be that life has simply gotten in the way, as it has a tendency to sometimes do.
Or maybe there's just nothing new or notable enough to comment on.
You can only advise to DYOR, be patient and work your own plan, just so many times, before it becomes tedious and repetitious.
Maybe they have decided to limit themselves to an inside cabal having sorted the grain from the chaff. 🤣
All supposition on my behalf of course and hope to read them here again in future times, but if not, I thank them for sharing their wisdom and experience in times past.

• Fire
  • Thinking
I am a bit upset with Sean revealing akida 1000 was not for sale purpose.
If it was not for sale then what it was meant for?
1. Just to say to market brn is the 1st neurophonic processor company with a failed chip?
2. If it was for partners then why no deal was signed from akida 1000?
3. If akida 1000 was as good as they told us that results are better than expected then why cannot we sell the product?
4. Is that brn was too quick to release a product without working out the ecosystem?
5. Is that akida 1000 goes the same way as studio get lost?
6. Is that proves incapabilities of management?
Don't take me wrong I am still a holder and am not planning to change flanks but management should be responsible enough to clarify holders what went wrong with akida 1000 and what lessons are learnt and how the same will not be repeated with akida 1500 or akida 2000.
Dyor
2) Wrong, two contracts were signed officially so far. That likely would not have happened without a proof of concept. Since I invested from end of may 2020, it was clearly an IP strategy they were following.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
D

Deleted member 1270

Anil mentioned Oculi in a presentation - I can’t remember which one/when, but he implied they had some sort of relationship without directly stating that there was. AIMO.
Do you have a company link to the presentationjtardif999?

Thanks in advance.

Bravo

Rob Telson liked this.

RECOGNI https://www.recogni.com/

See Better, Farther, Faster​

Enabling ADAS to Autonomy

The World’s Most Robust Vision Inference System​

Highest Performing Perception Inference

The world’s first Peta-Op class inference solution. With this performance, we enable superhuman object detection accuracy up to 1000m in real-time under various road and environment conditions, with our ability to process multiple streams of ultra-high resolution & very high frame rate cameras.

Lowest Latency

Best-in-class Power Consumption

Vehicles of The Future: Marc Bolitho Of Recogni On The Leading Edge Technologies That Are Making Cars & Trucks Smarter, Safer, and More Sustainable​

An Interview With David Leichner​

1*iEut92MLOolAyMOsM3BOJA.jpeg

The automotive industry has been disrupted recently with new exciting technologies that have made cars and trucks much smarter, much safer, and much more sustainable and more environmentally friendly.
What other exciting disruptive technologies will we see in the next few years? How much longer will fossil fuel powered cars be produced? When will we see fully autonomous vehicles? Can we overcome the challenge of getting stuck in traffic? As cars become “moving computers”, do we have to worry about people hacking our cars? How else will our driving experience be different over the next five years? To address these questions, Authority Magazine started a new interview series about “Exciting Leading Edge Technologies That Are Making Cars & Trucks Smarter, Safer, and More Sustainable.” In this series we are talking to leaders of automotive companies, automotive tech companies, EV companies, and other tech leaders who can talk about the vehicles of the future. As a part of this series, I had the pleasure of interviewing Marc Bolitho, CEO of
Recogni.
Marc Bolitho is the CEO of
Recogni, the leader in AI-based perception purpose-built for autonomous vehicles. He has 28 years of experience in automotive electronics. As the Senior Vice President of ZF Group, he was responsible for the ADAS business unit with $2B in annual revenue and a global team of 5000.

Thank you so much for joining us in this interview series! Before we dive in, our readers would love to “get to know you” a bit better. Can you tell us a bit about your ‘backstory’ and how you got started in the automotive industry?
From an early age, I wanted to understand how things worked and admired people that could solve problems. I made the decision early that I wanted to study engineering. I attended the University of Michigan and received my degree and started my career as a product engineer with an automotive supplier in sensor design for electronic braking and steering systems. I progressed into engineering and business leadership positions for automotive electronic safety systems covering occupant safety, braking, steering, and ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems). Today, I am CEO at Recogni, a semiconductor and software company focused on solving problems to enable autonomous mobility.
Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you began your career?
I have been in the industry for nearly 30 years now and have been through a few business cycles. However, the most interesting was the recent pandemic. The entire industry had to transition from in person work to remote work. At the beginning it was not clear how successful we would be at this. Fortunately, the communication tools like video conferencing were available to facilitate this. If this had happened a few years earlier, the unavailability of these tools would have hindered performance. When there are difficult times, I am always impressed that high functioning teams can accomplish more than they expected they could. This was the case in the pandemic and proved that you can run a business and product development remotely for a significant time.
Ok wonderful. Let’s now shift to the main focus of our interview. Can you tell our readers about the most interesting projects you are working on now?
I am very excited to work on overcoming barriers that the industry faces with autonomous driving. We are taming two diametrically opposing factors being high compute capability for AI processing while minimizing power consumption, effectively enhancing the driving range of electric vehicles. Our current projects are mainly centered around these pillars which are fundamental to realizing autonomous driving.
How do you think this might change the world?
This can change the world by enabling safe and sustainable autonomous driving. High compute capability allows for the full processing of the data from high resolution sensors. This allows the vehicle to detect cars and trucks at greater distance and vulnerable road users over a wide field of view. This leads to a high level of safety. Low power consumption of this processing leads to a longer driving range or less demand on the battery capacity as well as vehicle weight, minimizing the carbon footprint.
Keeping “Black Mirror” in mind, can you see any potential drawbacks of this technology that people should think more deeply about?
Two of the megatrends in the mobility industry are autonomous driving and electric vehicles. One potential drawback that the automotive industry is now comprehending is the computation capability that you need for safe autonomous driving is high. When you increase the compute, you increase the power required. This can have a significant impact on the range of electric vehicles and the carbon footprint.
Achieving driving autonomy requires technology development on many different fronts, including efficient processing, intelligent AI algorithms, and low power consumption on one side, as well as the development of high capacity, low weight batteries, and judicious, purpose-built autonomous system designs. The interdependencies of seemingly orthogonal technologies needs to be addressed to reduce or eliminate the “Black Mirror” effect.
At Recogni, the focus is on purpose-built processors for autonomous driving applications with high compute capacity, low power consumption, and very low latency. High compute capacity facilitates a fewer number of required components, feature upgradability over time, and enabling software-defined vehicles. Low power consumption significantly reduces the burden on the vehicle battery, leading to a longer range of operation and a lower carbon footprint. Low latency allows for faster vehicle reaction times, leading to a higher level of safety.
What are a few things that most excite you about the automotive industry as it is today? Why?
The automotive industry has traditionally been slow paced in development with minor evolutionary changes over time. We are now at an inflection point where OEMs are striving to bring vehicles to the market at an accelerated pace to be competitive. Given the rapid iteration cycle of tech companies — as the tech industry’s role in the development of vehicles continues to grow, innovation will propagate in the automotive industry.
I am excited to see Recogni effectively serving this major inflection point in automotive compute processing with its disruptive and purpose-built solution that resonates well with the top tier OEMs and tier ones.
What are a few things that most concern you about the automotive industry as it is today? What must be done to address these challenges?
One challenge that the industry faces is the transition to electric vehicles while increasing features on the vehicle that consume power and reduce driving range. These are not only ADAS features, but also includes AI assistant features, digital cockpit, and augmented reality.
These systems must be innovative, and purpose built for the task in the vehicle to minimize impact to range anxiety.
Based on your vantage point as an insider in the automotive industry, what other exciting disruptive technologies will we see in the next few years? Can you share some of the new developments that will make vehicles smarter, safer, and more sustainable?
Environmental awareness both outside and inside of the vehicle cabin is crucial for safety and efficient operation. We see the need for vehicle compute increase with the need for processing more environmental data, as noted earlier, in a low power profile, where there is no additional demand for battery capacity and weight.
In your opinion, how much longer will fossil fuel powered cars be produced? When do you think EVs will be the majority of vehicles in use? Can you explain?
From a mass market perspective, we see a conversion from ICE to electric vehicles year over year. In 2022 alone, while California electric passenger vehicle sales were 16%, other states had an adoption rate between 3 to 9 percent. As OEMs grow their EV offerings at various price points, we expect to see a faster conversion rate in the coming years as consumers look to purchase new models.
The time frame of EV adoption is reliant on multiple factors including consumer choices and preferences, price points, governmental policy. Currently, 6% of vehicles sold in the United States are EVs. Assuming a year over year doubling of the EV penetration rate, one could hypothesize that the majority of vehicles will be EVs within 10 years.
When do you think we will see fully autonomous vehicles deployed in a mainstream way? What do you think are the main barriers to reaching that stage?
For AVs to become commonplace, they must be able to navigate as safely as an alert driver in all weather, terrain, and lighting conditions. Existing implementations do not address the environmental sustainability issue at its core. Compute architectures are mostly general purpose and built for applications other than automotive. The key factor here is the availability of purpose-built compute solutions with low latency and low power with the capability to interface with a multitude of sensory functions.
How else will our driving experience be different over the next five years?
Going forward, vehicles will be defined by the software features that are enabled and overall user experience. This includes Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and In-Vehicle Infotainment systems. There will be an increase in the subscription model to enable these features on vehicles. To facilitate this, high performance central computing is needed that allows headroom for feature growth over time.
What are your “5 Things You Need To Create A Highly Successful Career In The Automotive Industry?

1. Have a continuous learning mindset.
  • Always be willing to learn. This includes in your own job role and outside your role. Technology changes over time, so spend the effort to keep up to date.
  • Go outside your comfort zone.
2. Be a great team member and help to cover gaps to make projects successful.

• Understand your role and how it interfaces with the roles around you.
  • You are successful if the team is successful.
3. Maintain optimism.

• Always be optimistic, you and your team can always achieve more than seems possible at the beginning.
4. Focus on the customer and the end consumer.

• Customer proximity is important to ensure you are solving the problems that are important.
  • Understand how the end consumer uses your products.
5. Identify market trends and innovate.

• Create market scenarios and innovate to cover future market gaps.
  • Be bold and take a risk.
You are a person of great influence. If you could inspire a movement that would bring the most amount of good to the most amount of people, what would that be? You never know what your idea can trigger. :)

Outside of day-to-day work and business, there seems to be an increasing amount of divisiveness in the world. More time needs to be spent listening and finding common ground to create sustainable solutions for the future.

How can our readers further follow your work online?

You can follow me at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marc-bolitho-2107346/ and Recogni at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/recogni/ and https://www.recogni.com/.

Thank you so much for the time you spent doing this interview. This was very inspirational, and we wish you continued success.
I find it really interesting that Rob likes that interview @goodvibes. Take a look at Recogni's 1000 TOPS solution below.

In addition, Recogni has announced the availability of the Phoenix ADAS/AD ECU system, an open-source computing platform for autonomous applications. The Phoenix platform combines Recogni’s Scorpio AI inference processor and the Renesas R-Car V4H SoC for configurations up to 2000 TOPS, the highest TOPS per watt capacity on the market, according to Recogni.

Recogni Announces 1000 TOPS Class Solution for Autonomous Driving​

Recogni provides exceptional vision-based perception processing to Autonomous Driving platforms addressing high compute, low latency, and low power consumption. (PRNewsfoto/Recogni Inc.)

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Recogni Inc.
Dec 13, 2022, 09:03 ET

Microprocessor Report Acknowledges Recogni's Superior High Performance Perception Processing at Very Low Power Consumption Over Competitors
SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Recogni, Inc., the leader in AI-based perception for autonomous vehicles, today announced Recogni Scorpio, the world's first 1000 TOPS (Peta-Op) class inference solution for autonomous mobility. The company's vision-inference chip enables superhuman object detection accuracy up to - 300m in real-time under various road and environment conditions, and the ability to process multiple streams of ultra-high resolution and very high frame rate cameras. Microprocessor Report noted that Recogni's solution "performs far better" than other inference engines in leading SoCs on the market.

Recogni Scorpio is the world’s first 1000 TOPS (Peta-Op) class inference solution for autonomous mobility
Recogni Scorpio is the world’s first 1000 TOPS (Peta-Op) class inference solution for autonomous mobility

"Vision is fundamental to accurate perception processing and essential to autonomous driving platforms," said RK Anand, Founder and Chief Product Officer at Recogni. "From the beginning we took a unique approach of processing high resolution images at the edge to achieve near-perfect object detection and classification, and enable autonomous driving stacks to make better driving decisions. Scorpio can process multiple 8 megapixel streams at 30 frames per second in less than 10 milliseconds using only 25 watts. That's a performance order of magnitude greater than anything else on the market and, we believe, will help to accelerate autonomous driving to become a reality."

Currently being evaluated by several top tier automotive manufacturers and suppliers, Recogni's solution can achieve 1000 TOPS with less than 10ms of processing delay and below 25 watts of power consumption. This is not only 10-20 times more power efficient than competing solutions, but it enables the flexible design of autonomous driving vehicle stacks and minimizes the impact on driving range. In addition, with such a short processing time of less than 10ms, the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) has more-than-ample time for taking the necessary driving decisions. High compute capacity, efficient processing, low latency, and low power consumption are the pillars of Recogni's platform.
"Recogni's purpose built architecture is a unique approach to AI perception, allowing customers to perceive the environment in high resolution with very low latency and low power - this is a gamechanger for OEMs and suppliers looking to add new, powerful ADAS and self-driving features to new vehicles," said Marc Bolitho, Chief Executive Officer at Recogni. "Recogni's unique approach in perception processing is truly first of its kind and enables customers to deploy safe autonomous driving functions as well as extending the range for electric vehicles."
Industry Validation
Microprocessor Report's Bryon Moyer completed a thorough evaluation of Recogni's solution and reached the conclusion that, "As the industry moves to greater resolution, Recogni is well positioned, whereas other SoCs will need an upgrade." The report also notes that competing SoCs are likely to be that upgrade, but it's "two to three years behind Recogni's first chip."

The report details Recogni's product superiority in terms of supporting high-resolution cameras at high frame rates, support for red/clear/clear/blue (RCCB) image sensors, the approach of minimizing preprocessing before inference, compression algorithms to reduce the required on-chip memory and the product's self-managing capabilities.
Moyer recognized that "no other stand-alone automotive AI accelerator uses high-resolution cameras and processes each full frame (rather than targeting regions of interest. More common are SoCs that handle inference as one of those many functions." This is one of the biggest differentiators and advantages of the Recogni solution.
To download the full version of the Microprocessor Report, please visit www.linelygroup.com.
About Recogni
Recogni develops AI-based vision perception processing to autonomous driving platforms that achieves high compute and low latency with low power consumption. The company was founded in 2017 with offices in San Jose California and Munich Germany. Lead investors are GreatPoint Ventures, Celesta Capital, Mayfield, DNS Capital, as well as notable automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers including BMW iVentures, Toyota Ventures, Bosch, Continental, Forvia and FluxUnit-OSRAM Ventures. For more information, visit www.recogni.com

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
D

Deleted member 1270

Yes but in a year or 2 those buying around these prices and higher will be patting themselves on the back for their astute buying.
The 'sads' will be long forgotten.
Manny, it is a valid point. We are clearly relying upon our own initiative to find out information about the company where the company should be providing clarity for us.

Don't you think?

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 1270

• Akida 1500 – expected to sell some of these to integrators. AKD1000 chip is essentially a demo chip. Never intended to be a revenue stream itself.
Hey @Foxdog, you mentioned about AKIDA1000 being essentially a demo chip, as being a "red flag" I think you've misconstrued what the Company means here (respecting that this is @Evermonts notes and takeaways).

AKIDA1000 has not been a "product" really, since Sean Hehir took the helm and decided on a basically pure IP model (obviously AKIDA1500, now looks like it will be sold as a chip product).

Saying "Never intended" is a bit of a stretch though, as it was, but the word "never" is often used, without the true appreciation of its meaning..
But again these are @Evermonts words and may not have been verbatim, by the Company.

This is not to say, that AKIDA 1.0 IP (which made AKIDA1000 and also makes AKIDA1500) was "never" intended to be a revenue stream, as it's also in the Renesas MCU and is what MegaChips has sold licences to, to at least 2 of its customers.

Too many 2s 🤔..

My read, is that they are saying AKIDA1500 as a product, is an additional revenue strategy.
One that was basically abandoned with AKIDA1000.

Remember that the additional cost and risk of producing AKIDA1000 chips at the time, may not have been favorable.

AKIDA1500 is a bit of a different kettle of fish, as the Company is in a different more comfortable stage of its commercialisation and this chip was designed with and in conjunction with, specific customer needs and specifications.

No one should be peed, that the Company is sometimes changing tact.
This Company has been changing tact, since its inception.
It's part of the beauty, of being still small enough to do so.

I hope we always retain that ability, while being a Behemoth of course! 😛

Kodak couldn't change tact, despite actually inventing the new direction..

Those who have been around a few years, have seen all the challenges and obstacles in our path and we are slowly but surely surmounting them.

This is one of the many strengths of BrainChip and one of the reasons, why I have confidence in our "visible" success.
Here's a verbatim print of what Sean stated during the confernce.

Virtual Investor Conference, April 13 2023

at approx. 28 mins 40 seconds.. in the Q&A

"The next one (question)…Why do you release information about the Akida 1500 - that’s the next chip, when there is no appreciable? (unintelligible) amount of sales, basically saying why are we gonna announce another chip when the 1000 hasn’t been ah uh you know not not a lot of revenue…

The 1000 is our first chip.. it um, the reason we, the first chip really is a demonstration chip and a reference chip, that’s why.

We were not leaning into making a lot of money on that. It was just to prove it so it was never intended to be a revenue stream at all, so, you know – we have sold modest amounts but it really really just a demonstration chip, more than anything else.

The 1500 we do anticipate selling some of those because ……"

• Fire
  • Thinking
D

Deleted member 1270

I’m not sure which article you are referring to. I have read numerous papers from TATA employees testing and referring to SNN’s and Brainchip therefore I though it was one of their papers you were talking about.

Not sure what your agenda is this morning. It’s obvious by you’re tone you’re unhappy with the company. I hope venting on here makes you feel better.

Usually if for example I go to a restaurant and I don’t like the food I simply don’t go back. I’m not one to return and try and tell the staff how to do their job. Apart from it not being my personality type I appreciate I’m not qualified to do so.

I found your comment earlier to imply the board are incompetent quite distasteful.
Personally I am very pleased with the boards composition. I’d rather we be paying less at this stage for them, or having it KPI based when we aren’t profitable, however I accept to hire top quality people we need to pay top dollar. The board and staff have extensive experience and are highly respected within the industry.

I hope you can add value to the forum in the future.

:)
Sorry you feel that way about me. Not going to attempt to change your mind as we are all entitled to our own opinion.

For clarity here is the Linkedin article i was referring to.

1681523799174.png

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

Do you have a company link to the presentationjtardif999?

Thanks in advance.
Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 11.59.09 am.png

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 1270

Personally, I feel neutral about Brainchip’s communication. I am neither satisfied or dissatisfied - I just accept they are playing cards close to the chest, whether you feel they are being too careful in regards to official ASX announcements or not. I’ve spoken to Tony about this in the past and his response alleviated my concerns.

And lack of communication about progress with EAPs is in Brainchip’s best interest. So I don’t even need generalised comments about how EAPs are tracking right now for my peace of mind. We will be told about deals when the time is right. NDAs are vital and things can go south very quickly if NDAs are breached. Dre’s situation with Apple and his Beats by Dre headphones always springs to mind.

But I also can understand people being dissatisfied. Not everyone is built like me. I’d just rather not listen to pointless whingeing from holders who won’t even enter a rational discussion to counter logical points and yesterday I had had enough.
Fair points DollazAndSense. I've been invested here from the start and have seen the various modes the company has been in.

I'd lreiterate that I would like to see more information from the company published via the ASX portal instead of having to go searching the www under various search criteria just to make sense of where the company is at.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
D

Deleted member 1270

D

Deleted member 1270

Here's an excerpt from the ASX continuous disclosure rules.

How do you interpret them?

12. The requirement to give market announcements to ASX first
Generally speaking, under Listing Rule 15.7, an entity must not release information that is required to be given to ASX under Listing Rule 3.1 to anyone else, unless and until it has been given to ASX and the entity has received an acknowledgement from ASX that the information has been released to the market. This includes releasing the information to the media or to analysts, even on an embargoed basis.
page11image1875896736.png

The reason for this requirement is to make ASX’s Market Announcements Platform the central collection and dissemination point for market sensitive information. This ensures that such information is quickly and broadly disseminated to all sections of the market, enhancing the efficiency and integrity of that process and helping to reduce of risk of informational inequities and insider trading.
ASX acknowledges that the requirement to give information to ASX first can pose practical difficulties for listed entities that have business operations in countries in different time zones to Australia. ASX encourages any entity in this situation which has advance warning that it may need to make an announcement in another country at a time when the ASX Market Announcements office is not open, to contact its ASX home branch to discuss the arrangements that can be made to facilitate that occurring in a manner that does not undermine the policy behind Listing Rule 15.7.
ASX also recognises that sometimes events will occur outside of the hours of operation of the ASX Market Announcements office, whether in Australia or overseas, which require an immediate public announcement (eg, a major natural disaster affecting the operations of a listed entity where an announcement may be required for health and safety reasons or for the peace of mind of staff and relatives). If a listed entity has a pressing commercial or legal need to make a market sensitive announcement outside of the hours of operation of the ASX Market Announcements office, provided it gives a copy of the announcement to the ASX Market Announcements office at the same time as it makes the announcement, so that it is queued for processing by the ASX Market Announcements office before licensed markets in Australia next open for trading, ASX will generally not take any action against the entity for infringing Listing Rule 15.7.

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users
Here's a verbatim print of what Sean stated during the confernce.

Virtual Investor Conference, April 13 2023

at approx. 28 mins 40 seconds.. in the Q&A

"The next one (question)…Why do you release information about the Akida 1500 - that’s the next chip, when there is no appreciable? (unintelligible) amount of sales, basically saying why are we gonna announce another chip when the 1000 hasn’t been ah uh you know not not a lot of revenue…

The 1000 is our first chip.. it um, the reason we, the first chip really is a demonstration chip and a reference chip, that’s why.

We were not leaning into making a lot of money on that. It was just to prove it so it was never intended to be a revenue stream at all, so, you know – we have sold modest amounts but it really really just a demonstration chip, more than anything else.

The 1500 we do anticipate selling some of those because ……"
Like I said, never is a very strong word, I avoid using it if possible.

I won a carton of beer at a place where I worked once..
From a bit of a nemesis, who said I'd "never" best him at something..

My return "gift" was a DVD 😛

_20230415_113848.JPG

That part of his statement was incorrect.

Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

No prize I'm afraid Bravo! You didn't provide a link to the BRN website.

I wasn't asking for a prize @belkin. I was just hoping to get some more information on psychedelics and the like.

• Haha
Top Bottom