BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I think I read somewhere that the EQS has as many as 350 sensors, depending on the equipment.

And from this link #3,159 you can see that Markus Shafer has stated "The plan is to bring most of the elements of the Vision EQXX into real vehicles in a time frame of 2024 to 2025," He also said in the future, Mercedes will “make sure we have custom, standardized chips in the car. Not a thousand different chips.”

So, let's just ponder for a moment what this all means in the context of Markus Shafer also having suggested neuromorphic systems will be applied at scale throughout a vehicle and you'll feel quite warm and fuzzy inside.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
After another 2 companies onboard so I thought I’d better update the list of ”Known” announced partners.

Can’t wait until all the royalties start rolling in over the next 12-24 months.

It’ll be a tsunami of revenue!

NASA
FORD
VALEO
MERCEDES
SIFIVE
MAGIKEYE
MEGACHIPS
RENESAS
BIOTOME
PROPHESEE
EDGE IMPULSE
ARM
NVISO
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES
VVDN
SOCIONEXT
MOSCHIP
INTEL
NANOSE
AI LABS
SAHOMA CONTROLWARE
EMOTION3D
TEKSUN

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 67 users

Bravo

I'll definitely be tuning into this on Monday!🎺

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 10.55.5.png

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

skutza

Regular
So on another note, do we think that now Prophesee has signed the multi year deal with Qualcomm that will force Luca to do as mentioned and make the Brainchip partnership a commercial one?

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Cardpro

Regular
So on another note, do we think that now Prophesee has signed the multi year deal with Qualcomm that will force Luca to do as mentioned and make the Brainchip partnership a commercial one?
My guess is yes Prophesee will need to sign a contract should Qualcomm decide to use/develop the product which utilises brainchip given Prophesee is only a partner of ours not a commercial customer. (Unless the revenue is flowing through Megachips or Renesas which I hardly doubt)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Fact Finder, my favourite part would have to be this "when applied at scale throughout a vehicle"...because it doesn't mean when attached to a set of bathroom scales, it means when applied in LARGE quantities! 🥳
Hi @Bravo
Yes so really for retail shareholders there is only one question that they need to ask themselves do they believe based upon their own research that Brainchip's AKIDA technology is as advanced as stated by the company.

If the answer is yes then they may well conclude that Mercedes Benz will be introducing AKIDA technology in series production vehicles at some point in the future.

They may well also conclude that the 'Hey Mercedes' system which Mercedes Benz first proved AKIDA technology in as being 5 to 10 times more efficient than competitor options will be the starting point.

They may well also conclude that the EU's mandating of driver monitoring for alertness and fatigue will also likely involve AKIDA technology as a result of the published findings of Nviso comparing AKD1000 to competitor processing solutions and the recent partnership with Emotion3D.

If they arrive at these conclusions they then may well take note of the historical precedent for technological developments pioneered by Mercedes Benz to become the gold standard across all of the automotive industry over time. Perhaps the most well known being anti-lock braking systems (ABS).

The ABS was adopted because it upgraded the ability of every driver to a higher level of efficiency from day one of learning to drive a vehicle. Its wide spread adoption was always written in the stars.

The move to Electric Vehicles world wide has written in the stars that any technology which can increase the percentage of battery power available for the driving wheels will eventually be adopted universally.

A technology that is 5 to 10 times more efficient than competitor technologies and in so doing adds to the amount of battery available to propel the driving wheels will be universally adopted in other words it will like ABS be considered essential.

One additional fact that is available to consider is whether a competitor can bridge this 5 to 10 times more efficiency gap.

When AKD1000 reference or engineering chip was produced Anil Mankar and his team tweaked the design and when AKD1000 commercial version arrived it was as we know more efficient again.

We also know that AKD1000 was always claimed by Brainchip to be scalable down to at least 5nm. It is a fact that one of the reasons to scale down is that in so doing power usage reduces along with latency. In other words it becomes more efficient as you scale down.

We can assume that Mercedes Benz and Brainchip were using the AKD1000 for 'Hey Mercedes' as Brainchip demonstrates in its video AKD1000 doing 'Hey AKIDA'.

We know that AKD1500 at 22nm will be more energy efficient with less latency than AKD1000 at 28nm. It seems logical that the 5 to 10 times more efficient claim by Mercedes Benz will be extended to some higher level of efficiency over competitors if AKD1500 were in play.

Thus for a competitor to bridge the gap they will not only have to become 5 to 10 times more efficient but they will have to go further because with the release of AKD1500 the gap will be even wider when comparing silicon. The other thing to consider is that Mercedes Benz is building its own chip and as such it can determine what scale it intends to use. The lower it goes taking AKIDA IP with it the wider the gap becomes for competitors to catch up.

On a side note Intel's Loihi 2 is at 7nm but cannot achieve the low power and latency of AKD1000 at 28nm.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 67 users
Qualcomm certainly is comfy with its edge ai development:

menu icon
header logo image

WATCH LIVE
TECH

The popularity of ChatGPT is a 'milestone' in establishing Qualcomm as an A.I. company, CEO says​

PUBLISHED WED, MAR 1 2023 9:27 AM ESTUPDATED WED, MAR 1 2023 10:51 AM EST

Jenni Reid
WATCH LIVE
KEY POINTS
  • The chief executive of chipmaker Qualcomm sees the prominence of ChatGPT as a key opportunity to popularize artificial intelligence tools on smartphones.
  • "This is the milestone we've been waiting for to establish Qualcomm as an AI company," Cristiano Amon told CNBC.
  • Amon said that his company had an edge in creating the required processing power to run large language models without compromising battery life.
107201459-1677670578610-1677670243-28394886840-hd.jpg

The explosive popularity of ChatGPT is an opportunity to show off the capabilities of artificial intelligence on smartphones, according to chip company Qualcomm's chief executive.
"This is the milestone we've been waiting for to establish Qualcomm as an AI company," Cristiano Amon told CNBC at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Developed by research company OpenAI, chatbot ChatGPT has been shared widely online, as users ask it to answer questions, generate text or provide detailed, responsive information.
Qualcomm recently released videos of text being used to generate AI images on an Android phone, which it also demonstrated at the conference.
"You want to generate any image that you want to share with somebody, you want to do it in real-time — think about what Microsoft is doing with search, and you want to chat with the search results," Amon told CNBC's Karen Tso and Arjun Kharpal. "For you to make that happen, you can't run everything in a data center, you're going to have to bring the AI to the devices."
Large-language models will be generated entirely within smartphones, he said, meaning that they will be able to work without being connected to the internet.
"The ability to create that much processing power in a smartphone and run that without compromising the battery life is something that only Qualcomm can do," he claimed.
107194865-16764622781676462275-28206109835-1080pnbcnews.jpg

In a note this week, analysts at Bernstein said that the powering of AI queries could be a multi-billion dollar annual market opportunity for chipmakers.
Qualcomm has also supplied chips for a variety of virtual reality devices, partnering with the likes of Meta, Samsung and Google.
Amon said that he believed smart glasses were the next frontier of computing and the "merging of physical and digital spaces."
"I can see a scenario that you're going to have your companion glasses to your phone, and eventually you're just going to have the glasses. And the potential is incredible."
He added, "It's going to happen, it's coming very soon."
Amon also told CNBC that Qualcomm did not expect to produce modems for Apple's new iPhone in 2024, suggesting that the tech giant's highly-anticipated move into in-house products may be approaching.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Cardpro

Regular
We r doing amazing work lets reflect that on our share priceeeeee... which prob only cares about commercial agreements / revenues...

Although we are doing amazing work, I am a bit surprised that we did t land any IP contract after Renesas and Megachips for years...

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

In no particular order and not for any particular reason.

• Renesas is adopting Si-Five's Intelligence Series for it's automotive processors.
  • Yesterday Arteris announced their partnership to help speed up Edge AI via the combination of the SiFive Intelligence™ processor IP and Arteris Ncore interconnect to enable various data-driven applications, including AI inference, image processing, data center acceleration and other use cases.
  • Previously SiFive and BrainChip have annouced have combined their respective technologies (AKIDA + SiFive's Intelligence Series) to offer chip designers optimized AI/ML compute at the edge.
  • In September 2022 SiFive said their Intelligence Series was being used in Google's datacenters, in "AI compute hosts" to speed up machine-learning work.
So presumably we'll wind up in Google's data centres at some point in time IMO.

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 11.29.26.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

skutza

Regular
Ok, so I may be just clutching at staws here but I went back and listened to Luca and Rob on the podcast. Does Rob give us a heads up here on the most likely (earliest) movement for Prophesee and Brainchip collaboration?

Listening it sounds like Prophesee's event based cameras can fix the blur to a point. (they use a baseball analogy, not tennis :)) But what's important in battery devices? Power! So with their event based cameras and AKIDA IP working together is this something that got them over the line with Qualcom? who knows, but if you listen to the podcast again Luca talks about 3 areas of use. Industrial IOT and Mobile devices. Then if you go to the recap at 18.46m Robs says Bla blah blah about the other stuff then when it comes to mobile he suddenly says this " This last one is where our listeners really need a moment to really understand Prophesee Technology and Brainchips technology this is where we want to go, into mobile devices where we can enhance our everyday lives."

Why does Rob tell us to really understand this point especially?

Is Prophesee going to beat Mercedes to be the next sign up?

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
D

Deleted member 2799

I asked just for fun… but better don’t trust anything… 😂
0F3C0C33-9E9A-4F28-8A48-F114C082641F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Cardpro

Regular
Nooooooo we hit 52 weeks low again:(

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

robsmark

Regular
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Reactions: 6 users
Was sniffing around emotion3D to get a better idea of where they're at.

Interestingly, I found this ARM Case Study and I'm wondering if our being a part of the ARM ecosystem is starting to slowly create the opportunities & introductions we hoped for :unsure:

Plenty to like me thinks.

1677807261879.png

1677806993659.png

1677807037099.png

1677807087178.png

I also saw emotion3D commenced a collaboration with Ambarella end of 2020 and wonder if we may supersede or compliment this.

emotion3D and Ambarella Collaborate on AI-Based Edge Camera Systems for Driver and Occupant Monitoring

Sure I read someone else ( @Bravo ?) posted about the connection between emotion3D and Garmin as well as SAT.

SAT and emotion3D showcase next-level sensor fusion driver monitoring system at CES 2023 and collaborate with Garmin

By combining camera- and vital-sign based drowsiness detection, SAT and emotion3D deliver novel system for enhanced road safety with support of Garmin.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
I'm going to say "yes".
I’m going with yes too.

@TechGirl posted an article last year which states Luminar are using Valeo’s Lidar sensors that will be included in some future Mercedes models.

Although it doesn’t guarantee they are using AKIDA we know that AKIDA is trusted by VALEO and that AKIDA can make Valeo’s senses smart.

"Just recently, Mercedes-Benz became the first automotive manufacturer in the world to receive an internationally valid system approval for highly automated driving (SAE Level 3) – a milestone in automotive development. The “Drive Pilot” highly automated driving system is to go into series production this year in the S-Class and the EQS. However, the lidar sensors for these models do not come from Luminar. Instead, Valeo supplies these components. Luminar, on the other hand, supplies its technology not only to Mercedes Benz, but also to Daimler Truck AG and Volvo. In addition, Luminar cooperates with Nvidia and Mobileye – so one can assume that their platforms for autonomous driving are equipped with Luminar lidars."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

ndefries

Regular
I’m going with yes too.

@TechGirl posted an article last year which states Luminar are using Valeo’s Lidar sensors that will be included in some future Mercedes models.

Although it doesn’t guarantee they are using AKIDA we know that AKIDA is trusted by VALEO and that AKIDA can make Valeo’s senses smart.

"Just recently, Mercedes-Benz became the first automotive manufacturer in the world to receive an internationally valid system approval for highly automated driving (SAE Level 3) – a milestone in automotive development. The “Drive Pilot” highly automated driving system is to go into series production this year in the S-Class and the EQS. However, the lidar sensors for these models do not come from Luminar. Instead, Valeo supplies these components. Luminar, on the other hand, supplies its technology not only to Mercedes Benz, but also to Daimler Truck AG and Volvo. In addition, Luminar cooperates with Nvidia and Mobileye – so one can assume that their platforms for autonomous driving are equipped with Luminar lidars."

i don't get how any significant player that is relying on our IP and is close to maket of their product has not signed an IP with plenty of time unless there is some unoffical agreement behind the scenes. It is great work digging up this information but Renases and MegaChips are no where near the Valeo or Mercedes arrangement so it's perplexing.

it is something worth exploring. i dont want direct contact with the company but understanding when a partnership trickles into a licensing arrangment would be handy to explore

Reactions: 6 users

Wickedwolf

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom