BRN Discussion Ongoing

Steve10

Regular
Brainchip, Edge Impulse & SynSense mentioned in competitor analysis section.

NEUROMORPHIC CHIP MARKET - GROWTH, TRENDS, COVID-19 IMPACT, AND FORECASTS (2023 - 2028)​

The Neuromorphic Chip Market is segmented by End-User Industry (Financial Services & Cybersecurity, Automotive (ADAS/Autonomous Vehicles), Industrial (IoT Ecosystem, Surveillance, and Robotics), Consumer Electronics), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest of the World). The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.

Neuromorphic Chip Market Analysis​

The global neuromorphic chip market is expected to register a CAGR of 104.7% over the forecast period.

• The increasing use of biometrics and in-speech recognition drives the demand for neuromorphic chips in smartphones. These chips are used to process audio data in the cloud and then return it to the phone. In addition, Artificial Intelligence (AI) requires more computing power, but low-energy neuromorphic computing could significantly push applications that run presently in the cloud to run directly in the smartphone in the future without substantially draining the phone battery.
  • Neuromorphic is a specific brain-inspired ASIC that implements the Spiked Neural Networks (SNNs). It has an object to reach the massively parallel brain processing ability in tens of watts on average. The memory and the processing units are in single abstraction (in-memory computing).
  • This leads to the advantage of dynamic, self-programmable behavior in complex environments. Instead of traditional bit-precise computing, neuromorphic hardware leads to the probabilistic models of simple, reliable, robust, and data-efficient computing as the brain's highly stochastic nature. Neuromorphic hardware certainly suits more cognitive applications than precise computing.
  • During the next decade, neuromorphic computing will transform the nature and functionalities of a wide range of scientific and non-scientific applications. Some of them include mobile applications that are increasingly demanding powerful processing capacities and abilities.
  • The design of neuromorphic chips follows the goal of modeling parts of the biological nervous system. The aim is to reproduce its computational functionality and especially its ability to solve cognitive and perceptual tasks efficiently. Achieving this requires modeling networks of sufficient complexity regarding the number of neurons and synaptic connections. The brain and its ability to learn and adapt to specific problems are still subject to basic neuroscientific research.
  • The COVID-19 pandemic had a favorable influence on the medical business market. Several market leaders, including IBM, Hewlett Packard, and Qualcomm, pushed their neuromorphic computing solutions into several hospitals and clinics worldwide. Their technologies' computational skills were able to reduce various difficulties inside a normal hospital ecosystem. The pandemic kept the capital equipment sector humming with a strong demand for next-generation electronics.

Neuromorphic Chip Industry Segments​

Neuromorphic chips are digitally-processed analog chips with a series of networks similar to human brain networks. These chips contain millions of neurons and synapses to augment self-intelligence, irrespective of pre-installed codes in normal chips. As a special kind of chip, neuromorphic chips can manipulate data received through sensors. For the purpose of the study, chips that adopt the SNN approach have been considered as part of the scope. The market studied tracks deep learning hardware and neuromorphic chips as separate markets.

The market size for the neuromorphic chip is evaluated by analyzing the market sizes of different market players operating in the market across different end-user industries, such as financial services and cybersecurity, automotive, industrial, and consumer electronics in multiple geographies, including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. Only computing and sensing applications of neuromorphic chips were considered for the market study. The competitive landscape has been taken to calculate the penetration of neuromorphic chips and how players involve themselves in organic and inorganic growth strategies. In addition, these companies continuously innovate their products to increase their market share and profitability. Further, the market study has also focused on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the market ecosystem. The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value in USD million for all the above segments.

By End-User Industry
Financial Services and Cybersecurity
Automotive (ADAS/Autonomous Vehicles)
Industrial (IoT Ecosystem, Surveillance, and Robotics)
Consumer Electronics
Other End-user Industries (Medical, Space, Defense, Etc.)

Consumer Electronics Segment Holds Significant Market Share​

• The consumer electronics industry identifies neuromorphic computing as a promising tool for enabling high-performance computing and ultra-low power consumption to achieve these goals. For instance, AI services, such as Alexa and Siri, rely on cloud computing with the internet to parse and respond to spoken commands and questions. Neuromorphic chips have the potential to allow several varieties of sensors and devices to perform intelligently without requiring an internet connection.
  • Smartphones are expected to be the trigger for the introduction of neuromorphic computing. Several operations, such as biometrics, are power-hungry and data-intensive. For instance, in speech recognition, audio data is processed in the cloud and then returned to the phone.
  • Wearable devices are a fast-growing technology with a considerable impact on personal healthcare for both the economy and society. Due to widespread sensors in pervasive and distributed networks, power consumption, processing speed, and system adaptation are vital in the future of smart wearable devices. Additionally, the field of artificial intelligence further boosts the possibility of smart wearable sensory systems. The emerging high-performance systems and intelligent applications need more complexity and demand sensory units to describe the physical object accurately.
  • Moreover, increasing the number of wearable devices may further drive market growth. For instance, according to Cisco Systems, the number of connected wearable devices reached 1,105 million in 2022 compared to 929 million in the previous year.
  • The increasing interest in neuromorphic engineering shows that hardware-spiking neural networks are considered a critical future technology with high potential in crucial applications, such as edge computing and wearable devices.

North America to Hold Major Share over the Forecast Period​

• North America is home to some of the major market vendors, such as Intel Corporation and IBM Corporation. The market for neuromorphic chips is growing in the region due to factors such as government initiatives, investment activities, and others.
  • One of the significant factors behind the growth of the market in North America is the interest shown by government bodies toward neuromorphic computing.
  • For instance, in September 2022, the Department of Energy (DOE) announced USD 15 million in funding for 22 research projects to advance neuromorphic computing. The initiative by DOE supports the development of hardware and software for brain-inspired neuromorphic computing.
  • On the other hand, the government of Canada is focusing on artificial intelligence technology, which is also expected to create a scope for growth in neuromorphic computing over the coming years. For instance, in June 2022, the Canadian Ministry of Innovation, Science, and Industry announced the start of the second phase of the Pan-Canadian Artificial Intelligence Strategy. The second phase of the strategy is backed by a USD 443 million investment in Budget 2021.
  • Several research projects are attracting collaborations for advancements in neuromorphic technology. For instance, in August 2022, the Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering (PME) at the University of Chicago in the United States developed a flexible, stretchable neuromorphic computing chip that processes information by mimicking the human brain. The device intends to alter the way health data is processed.
  • There has been growth in AI-based chips in Canada, which is also driving the neuromorphic chips market. For instance, in May 2021, Canadian startup Tenstorrent announced that it had raised USD 200 million and achieved unicorn status. The company had planned to deliver its AI chip for real-world applications in the first half of 2022.
  • The increasing defense expenditure of various countries is also expected to drive the demand for neuromorphic computing in North America.
1677748361486.png

Neuromorphic Chip Market Competitor Analysis​

The neuromorphic chip market has large-scale semiconductor vendors that command significant revenue generation capabilities, architecture-development start-ups, and universities. The market is consolidated, and vendors are increasingly spending on R&D and collaboration activities to gain technological capabilities and commercialize the market, making the market less competitive.

Despite neuromorphic chips being at an early stage of development, the patent filing activity by players in the market is gaining interest across key semiconductor companies, R&D centers, and universities, and competitive rivalry is poised to increase in the future.

In August 2022, Edge Impulse was launched, which enables developers to create enterprise-grade ML algorithms trained on real-world sensor data in a low-code environment. These trained algorithms can be quantified, optimized, and turned into Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) that are compatible with and deployable with BrainChip Akida devices. This functionality is available for new and existing Edge Impulse projects by utilizing the platform's integrated BrainChip MetaTF model deployment block. This deployment block allows free-tier and enterprise developer users to design and evaluate neuromorphic models for real-world use cases before deploying them on BrainChip Akida development kits.

In April 2022, SynSense announced a collaboration with BMW to advance the integration of neuromorphic chips and smart cockpits. This is the first step in integrating SynSense's brain-like technology into smart cockpits. This neuromorphic technology collaboration with BMW will focus on SynSense's dynamic visual intelligence SoC-Speck, which combines SynSense's low-power SNN vision processor with an event-based sensor on a single chip.

Neuromorphic Chip Market Recent Developments​

• December 2022: Intel launched the latest AI neuromorphic chip to perform data-crunching tasks 1,000 times faster than standard processors like CPUs and GPUs while using much less power. As they are so energy efficient, the technology is ideal for various applications like industrial equipment, cybersecurity, and smart homes.
  • November 2022: Oppo announced its collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies in ray tracing graphics for mobile devices. The company planned to implement Google Vertex AI Neural Architecture Search (Google NAS) on a smartphone for the first time. The unique solution concentrates on boosting energy efficiency and latency of AI processing on mobile devices. Further, Oppo claims that its next Find X flagship smartphone will be one of the first to get Qualcomm’s latest flagship processor Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset.
  • June 2022: China’s Tsinghua University Center for Brain-Inspired Computing Research researchers created a neuromorphic chip that consumes less power than a conventional NVIDIA chip designed for AI applications. Tianjicat used slightly more than half the power of an identical NVIDIA chip-based robot. They also discovered that their neuromorphic chip-based robot had 79 times less latency than the NVIDIA-based system, allowing it to make decisions much faster.

OPPO new AR Air Glass 2 concept glasses can convert voice to text & display on screen in real time. Gamechanger for deaf people.

• The glasses are extremely light, weighing approximately 38 grams .
  • It is world's first resin SRG-diffractive waveguide lens developed by OPPO.
  • These lenses will support vision correction, while further customisation will make them almost identical to regular glasses.
  • The Air Glass 2 will also be able to make phone calls, conduct real-time translation, provide location-based navigation, convert voice into text for people with hearing impairments.
  • And provide many more smart experiences.

OPPO are also working on Qric the robot dog.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

chapman89

Founding Member
We’ve looked at Innatera before I believe?

They’re analog, and seem to focus on audio sound and speech recognition, health and radar.

No match for akida I don’t believe!

9826E683-AA58-4D7E-B846-6C0C7C7A3D6B.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

Baisyet

Regular
Hi @Baisyet

I don't know anyone here who is actually a fan of the very conservative approach by Brainchip to the making of ASX announcements.

I am not even sure that Brainchip itself likes the approach that it believes it needs to take.

Indeed when I spoke to Tony Dawe after the AGM in Sydney last May he and the two Australian Directors had attended a meeting with the Head of the ASX in an attempt to obtain guidance on what they could safely release without being accused of ramping by the ASX.

I was informed by Tony Dawe that the Head of the ASX response was entirely unhelpful and consisted of a statement that the ASX does not give guidance beyond the published rules and will judge the content of each announcement after they have been released on the ASX.

It has been stated by Brainchip that they are building an international company and will eventually need to list on the Nasdaq and all of the preliminary work to undertake that process has been put in place and when the time is right it will be undertaken.

One of the issues any foreign company listing on the Nasdaq has is that the Nasdaq looks at their record on any previous exchange they may have been listed on and Brainchip received a warning under the stewardship of Mr. Dinardo regarding the quality of the announcements authorised for release on the ASX.

When Brainchip finally takes the step of listing in the USA it would be unfortunate for shareholders if their application was rejected because the Nasdaq did not consider they were fit and proper corporate citizens. One can only imagine what would happen to the share price if that occurred.

So with this in mind Brainchip has elected to take the safest possible approach to making announcements on the ASX.

Do we all like this approach as I said I suspect not but in my case even though I have argued against it with Tony Dawe and Ken Scarince I respect the decision.

The fact that when a positive announcement is made the share price goes down is interesting but not capable of being attributed to the fact that the positive announcement was not made on the ASX.

Those who want it to be announced on the ASX argue that more people will see it and react favourably to the good news.

If the opposite applies that because it was not on the ASX no one saw it then the fall in the price cannot be caused by something no one knows about?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thank you @Fact Finder for taking time to make me understand, Much appreciate it.

Reactions: 10 users

Aretemis

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
A remarkable thing about these job ads is the expressed willingness to consider informal experience in lieu of formal qualifications:

• B.S. in Computer Science, or EE; will consider experience in lieu of education

I guess one thing driving this is the fact that the internet makes all knowledge available.

Another thing is that there are lots of "amateur" software programmers without formal qualifications, and programming can be learnt on-line.

Mind you, I would think that an unqualified applicant would need exceptional experience to be considered for some of the BrainChip jobs that have been advertised.
I have experienced this scenario on a few occasions. As an employer of a workforce of approx. 50 full time and 100 part time staff, I encountered a wide range of talent (and num-nuts!). The part timers were often Uni Students on break, however we also employed many back packers and school drop outs. One school drop-out comes to mind, he was given a job with us on recommendation from one of his teachers. This guy was useful at IT and had skills that suited our Company which was transitioning to Digital Commerce. He started as a labourer then I heard that he could use a keyboard, so I asked if he would do data Entry for the upload of products to the new digital system. Fast forward and he is telling us what is wrong with the Software we are implementing! Eventually he gets a job with an IT Firm, name unknown, re-enforced by a reference from me. A couple of years later I took a call from the Boss of Unknown Co., thanking me for the honest and glowing Reference for the you guy, who was a valued employee. No Formal Qualifications but a Natural Talent, I hope he is happy too. (This all occurred around 1990 when the Internet was in it's early years)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Quectel Demonstrates Advanced Edge Intelligence and Machine Vision Solutions at MWC Barcelona 2023​

by Business Wire
February 27, 2023 7:00 AM | 4 min read

MWC Barcelona – Quectel Wireless Solutions, a global IoT solutions provider, today announces its participation in this year's MWC Barcelona with a focus on showcasing its latest edge intelligence solutions. Quectel's smart module solutions enable customers to process data in real-time and make quicker, data-driven decisions as well as offering a range of features including low power consumption, edge computing, edge intelligence, high-speed connectivity, and advanced security measures
  • Teksun's Tejas Care device will demonstrate how edge computing and machine vision capabilities can provide health monitoring via in-home cameras including temperature monitoring, heart rate monitoring, fall detection, intruder detection, stress monitoring and much more. The Teksun Tejas Care unit and SoMs use Quectel's SC600T module and Quectel's SC20 modules. These solutions are using edge computing and machine intelligence to support a wide range of applications for Smart Cities, HealthCare Tech, Automotive, Industry 4.0, Home Automation, and Logistics.
Quectel's Connectivity-as-a-Service offering is powering all the live demonstrations at the booth at MWC and will also be demonstrating the Quectel Connectivity Management Platform (QCMP) and the Quectel Integrated SIM (iSIM) offering. The QCMP provides a centralized and easy-to-use solution for managing and monitoring IoT devices and their connections over cellular networks. The platform enables users to manage and monitor their IoT devices, perform real-time analysis of connectivity and network performance, and configure and update device settings remotely.

The Quectel iSIM brings in a new era of flexibility and choice that is also supported by enhanced security for all types of devices. By no longer requiring the installation of physical plastic SIM cards and taking away the need to either install SIMs at the point of deployment or to embed market-specific SIMs in factories, costs are reduced and logistics simplified.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Wags

Regular
Hi @skutza

Way back when I was trying to bring myself up to speed on the semiconductor industry I posted a management research paper I think out of Harvard University that went into conversion rates of qualified leads and it claimed that the industry average was 34%. I don't have it anymore as I committed to memory all I needed from it. It will be on the web somewhere just like those photos you wished your friends never took.)

So if this applies then you can pick up 3.4 islands.

The issue I had with this Harvard University paper when trying to apply its findings to Brainchip was that 34% was an industry average so also included software as well as hardware.

Since I read the paper Brainchip has massively increased its software offering which fundamentally did not exist back in about 2018/19 when I found the paper.

The second issue was that 34% being an average did not account for those in the industry who had either a monopoly or duopoly on a particular technology.

This of course means that when you are a Brainchip with a revolutionary never seen before product and a three year at least commercial lead the industry average of 34% is not exactly an appropriate measure when potentially you are going to create and dominate industries that do not yet exist.

So back then I decided not to dwell too much on the best view percentages but with the assistance of Blind Freddie (sorry but he insists I credit his work) I came up with the notion of how successful Brainchip would be if it simply achieved 1% of the then 67 billion edge technology market by 2025.

This 67 billion edge technology market value has constantly been revised upwards since then and now we can use the Cathy Woods trillion dollar edge market by 2030 or the 200 billion automotive semiconductor market by 2030 as the bases for calculating our one percent target.

As the ecosystem partner numbers grown I am increasingly drawn towards imagining that Brainchip might achieve simply the industry average of 34% market share. Failing this I will be entirely satisfied if it fails miserably and achieves only one percent of Cathy Woods predicted market or just one percent of the automotive semiconductor market by 2030.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
There's that bloody 1% again. @Fact Finder get with it man, it will be way more than that, just buckle up and hang on. Love your work.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Wags

Regular
I've just been thinking a bit more about Elon's "AI stresses me out" comment, which he apparently made near the end of a more than three-hour presentation to Tesla investors about company plans. In the article (article 1) below it says the following:

View attachment 31010
However there was another article that I posted earlier today which describes how Tesla inadvertently admitted its so-called Full Self Driving technology is not the world’s most advanced driver assistance system. It stated the following:

View attachment 31011

I thought it was pretty contradictory to on the one hand to acknowledge that other rival car-makers are making greater advancements with their AI technology and then on the other hand claim that "AI isn't helping us make cars any time soon". But that's just my two bobs worth.

Article 1

Article 2
Bravo, of course AI stresses him out. Maybe, just maybe, he knows deep down he needs AKIDA. Love your work too !

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Only at matter of time

LinkedIn; 2nd February 10.30 pm

Marcus Schafer : Mercedes

In addition to the electrification of our vehicles, automated driving is also a crucial future of mobility topic for us Mercedes-Benz AG.

I am proud that we are already at the forefront of automated driving with our Level 3 system DRIVE PILOT and our Level 4 system INTELLIGENT PARK PILOT! The current DRIVE PILOT system, which is certified for speeds of up to 60 km/h on German Autobahn, relies on the LiDAR sensor from our friends at #Valeo as the third sensor-modality.

Looking into the future, we are also happy to use the next-generation LiDAR by Luminar, which is why we invited Austin Russell, CEO of Luminar Technologies, along to discuss our partnership.

He introduced us to their new Iris sensor, which is designed to further improve automated driving systems. Iris is a first-of-its-kind, automotive-grade solution with an extremely long range. And, as it is also designed to be scalable across our #MercedesBenz vehicle fleet, I’m already looking forward to taking our cooperation to the next level.

Before that happens, we will be attending a SXSW 2023 session together, which is scheduled for 15 March at 11:30 am. The exciting subject: “Autonomous Driving: More Time to Do What You Love”. If you are on site, be sure to come by!

Attachments

• F46F1F86-8946-445D-8C6C-7446CB5EDC71.png
    F46F1F86-8946-445D-8C6C-7446CB5EDC71.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
  • 8C4FB2BE-E754-4ECF-9D52-27F31640C559.png
    8C4FB2BE-E754-4ECF-9D52-27F31640C559.png
    511.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Only at matter of time

Marcus Schafer : Mercedes

In addition to the electrification of our vehicles, automated driving is also a crucial future of mobility topic for us Mercedes-Benz AG.

I am proud that we are already at the forefront of automated driving with our Level 3 system DRIVE PILOT and our Level 4 system INTELLIGENT PARK PILOT! The current DRIVE PILOT system, which is certified for speeds of up to 60 km/h on German Autobahn, relies on the LiDAR sensor from our friends at #Valeo as the third sensor-modality.

Looking into the future, we are also happy to use the next-generation LiDAR by Luminar, which is why we invited Austin Russell, CEO of Luminar Technologies, along to discuss our partnership.

He introduced us to their new Iris sensor, which is designed to further improve automated driving systems. Iris is a first-of-its-kind, automotive-grade solution with an extremely long range. And, as it is also designed to be scalable across our #MercedesBenz vehicle fleet, I’m already looking forward to taking our cooperation to the next level.

Before that happens, we will be attending a SXSW 2023 session together, which is scheduled for 15 March at 11:30 am. The exciting subject: “Autonomous Driving: More Time to Do What You Love”. If you are on site, be sure to come by!
Great find TTM,

Drive Pilot is "current".

Valeo SCALA 3 is in Drive Pilot!?

Luminar LiDaR uses "foveated" LidaR which focuses on point(s) of interest (denser laser point distribution) and relegates less interesting data to "peripheral vision".

Will Mercedes mandate the use of Akida with Luminar?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Great find TTM,

Luminar LiDaR uses "foveated" LidaR which focuses on point(s) of interest (denser laser point distribution) and relegates less interesting data to "peripheral vision".

Exciting times Dio ,

Fingers crossed 🤞 the mandate of Akida is placed on the table , it’s certainly a big chance one would think .

This was put to air 1 hr ago , I’ve added photos to my original post

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Great find TTM,

Could this be an important date?
Screenshot_20230302_235159_LinkedIn.jpg

100 years celebratetion.
They will talk about there 'past, present and the future'.

Neuromorphic computing is the future, maybe Valeo can talk about it. (JMHO)

Learning 🏖

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users
I pretty sure SOCIONEXT announced they have a few products with akida IP in them (the CES 2023 announcement below)

6ef58415-b8da-d7ad-010b-60a9a3742b52.png

Book a Meeting
Brainchip invites you to join us at CES 2023 January 5-8, 2023, in Las Vegas, NV to experience our advanced, hyper-efficient, event-based AI technology in action, bringing the future to edge AI devices.

Akida’s unique AI approach is built on applied neuromorphic principles that enables inference and learning, untethered from the cloud in energy-constrained edge devices. It efficiently accelerates today’s models and is ready for future trends. Most importantly, it supports frameworks and flows that developers are very familiar with, so tuning for Akida platforms is seamless and Brainchip partners like Renesas are integrating Akida technology into their platforms.

At CES a few of our partners are demonstrating this technology:

1. Socionext (North Hall, booth 10564): Automotive solutions for remote display, RADAR and embedded sensing and cabin monitoring.
Socionext will demonstrate it’s highly integrated ISO26262-certified SC1721/ SC1722/ SC1723 Series Graphics Display Controllers feature built-in safety mechanisms that enable error-free, safety-critical content to meet the safety standards required by today’s multi-display cockpit applications.

Socionext has created a variety of smart RADAR solutions, including 24GHz and 60GHz, and has developed a roadmap showcasing future technologies features and capabilities to support multiple in-cabin uses, including seat occupancy monitoring, child presence detection, and theft prevention.

1. Prophesee (The Venetian Hotel): Edge learning on device for complex visuals.
Prophesee will demonstrate the alignment of their event-based vision systems with the unique, intelligent edge-learning capabilities of Akida. This enables learning of gestures on device without storing data on device or on cloud - an important aspect of security and privacy expected.

Stay tuned for further updates on our partners CES schedule and announcements.
Just on Socionext and probs posted prev or not, but anyway, this site (translated) has some pretty pics that I hadn't seen.

Our demo imaged is the vibration analysis and wonder if that is where Socionext involved for one?

Passing Socionext at CES? It doesn't matter, read about Socionext's latest solutions

Source: Socionext Release time: 2023-02-06

bb817d4c-a5f0-11ed-bcce-b8ca3a6cb5c4.gif

The world's largest technology event, the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2023), successfully concluded in Las Vegas on January 8, US time. More than 3,200 technology companies from 10 countries and regions participated, and the number of on-site participants exceeded 100,000.The Socionext booth is located in the Mobility Zone area, displaying the company's advanced technologies and solutions in the fields of automotive autonomous driving, automotive smart cockpits, and millimeter-wave radar applications, demonstrating Socionext's continuous investment in innovative research and development to meet the changing needs of the market.

New car display controller
Socionext demonstrated the company's new generation of vehicle-mounted display controllers to the audience. This product is equipped with APIX®3 SerDes repeater, which supports the connection of multiple intelligent display controllers in a daisy chain. A single chain can connect up to four displays. This chip is designed and developed in strict accordance with ISO 26262 functional safety, and the single chip meets the requirements of ASIL-B level. Socionext's latest vehicle display controller can perfectly meet the latest changes in vehicle architecture, as well as the development trend of widescreen and multi-screen vehicle displays.

bb817d4e-a5f0-11ed-bcce-b8ca3a6cb5c4.jpeg

Indigo3-X Cluster Demonstrator

Low-power millimeter-wave radar and its car cockpit monitoring solution
Socionext has developed a variety of millimeter-wave radar sensors that can be applied to various scenarios such as smart homes and small AIoT devices. The company's newly developed 60GHz millimeter-wave radar sensor is highly integrated, with built-in antennas, wireless circuits, A/D converters, FIFO memory, SPI or I2C interfaces, and a high-function fixed sensor that can flexibly change the duty cycle and control power consumption. Sequencer, as well as high-performance ranging and angle measuring signal processing circuits, automatic start and other functions, can easily obtain and use 3D position information without high-frequency and signal processing-related expertise, suitable for multi-person detection and non-contact gesture operation Etc., it can be applied to various scenarios in the car cockpit including seat occupancy monitoring, child retention detection and anti-theft.

bb817d4f-a5f0-11ed-bcce-b8ca3a6cb5c4.jpeg
60GHz CMOS Radar -In Cabin Sensing Solutions

Autonomous driving AI solution
Socionext has partnered with artificial intelligence provider BrainChip to develop a smart sensor data solution based on BrainChip's Akida® processor IP. BrainChip's flexible AI processing fabric IP delivers neuromorphic, event-based computing, achieving ultimate performance while minimizing silicon footprint and power consumption. Sensor data can be analyzed in real time through distributed high-performance and low-power edge inference, resulting in faster response time and lower energy consumption.

bb817d50-a5f0-11ed-bcce-b8ca3a6cb5c4.jpeg

Neuromorphic AI Processor

Automotive grade custom chip solution
At this CES exhibition, Socionext also demonstrated its powerful design and development capabilities for automotive-grade chips. With strong front-end expertise, superb 7nm/5nm design capabilities, and rich experience in automotive-grade chip design, Socionext has successfully provided leading-edge automotive-grade chips for customers in China and around the world, playing a leading role in industry technology .Socionext can provide customers with automotive-grade quality software and hardware technologies, including SoC architecture, system integration, Spec in the ASIC development process, software engineers and technologies from low-level to high-level, and automotive-grade quality assurance. Socionext has rich development experience Support products conform to ISO26262/ISO21434 functional safety system.

bb817d51-a5f0-11ed-bcce-b8ca3a6cb5c4.jpeg

Socionext’s Automotive Custom SoC Solutions and Services

Socionext also works closely with manufacturing subcontractors to carry out various measures such as quality management, and strives to provide high-quality, high-reliability products. Through design strategy (DFM/DFT), test strategy, reliability test (AEC-Q100), production process control (automotive service package), functional safety system (ISO26262), documentation (PPAP), customer complaints (8D report) and other links A design that ensures protection against bad chips and reduces manufacturing defects.
bb817d52-a5f0-11ed-bcce-b8ca3a6cb5c4.png

SocionextAutomotive SoC Support Flow

CES2023

CES 2023 is a big "show" field, which allows people to see the power of technological innovation to lead to the future and change the world. All along, Socionext has provided customized SoC services to global customers through its unique "Solution SoC" business model and world-leading technologies, helping customers create differentiated products and services . In the future, the company will continue to strengthen cooperation with more partners and strive to achieve sustainable development.

"Think Solution SoC. Think Socionext." In 2023, we will accelerate Chuangxin to the future together.

• Fire
Reactions: 35 users

cosors

👀
I don't know if this could be of interest for one or the other in this group because of in general about Renesas and GlobaFoundries.
The info is a few weeks old and I postet it for the other group:

from Hebrew:

"Globalfoundries acquires the resistive memory division of Renesas​

February 12, 2023

The technology was developed at Dialog, which was sold to Renesas 12 months ago. GlobalFoundries is positioned as a spin-off of the Israeli Weebit Nano, which develops resistive memory technology for SoC components.

1677766206741.png

GlobalFoundries reported that it has acquired all the intellectual property and production infrastructure of the Japanese company Renesas Electronics, in the field of Resistive Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) in Conductive Bridging Random Access Memory - CBRAM technology. The attractiveness of the technology in terms of GlobalFoundries is that it is a memory technology that is very economical in power, which is relatively easy to integrate into embedded devices for the industrial market and IoT accessories.

In the company's estimation, the move will strengthen it in the field of manufacturing services for SoC components, as the transaction provides customers with additional technology that allows them to optimize and differentiate their products. GlobalFoundries Chief Business Officer Mike Hogan said the deal is part of a move to position the company as a major supplier of non-volatile memories. "CBRAM technology brings a new paradigm to all battery powered accessories. In some cases, it extends the time between battery charges from hours to weeks and in some cases even to years."

CBRAM technology was originally developed by Dialog Semiconductor. In 2020, GlobalFoundries signed a licensing agreement with Dialog that allows it to use the technology, and in the time that has passed since then it has certified the manufacturing process of the memories using the company's 22FDX process (22 nm). In February 2021, Renesas acquired Dialog for approximately $5.9 billion to strengthen its position in the IoT market. Dialog is particularly strong in the field of low-power connectivity components, while Ransas is mainly focused in the field of microcontrollers (MCU) and MCU-based solutions.

The Renesas company has been working on a process of renewed organization and focus in recent years, with the previous major move being made in 2019, when it purchased the American IDT company for $6.3 billion. The purpose of these two transactions is to enable Renesas to provide solutions based on three central legs: analog, carrier and embedded processing. This strategy made the memory activity that was in the dialogue unnecessary for Renesas. In the first nine months of 2022, GlobalFounders' sales totaled approximately $6.1 billion. The company expects that sales in 2022 as a whole will amount to approximately $8.2 billion, compared to sales of approximately $6.6 billion in 2021. Ransas' sales last year totaled approximately $11.4 billion.

The Israeli competitor of Globalfoundries​

The latest move simultaneously strengthens and weakens the Weebit Nano company of Hod Hasharon, which recently completed a series of certification tests for a demonstration chip of an embedded system that includes its resistive memory, and entered into negotiations with chip manufacturing service providers (Foundries) in order to implement the technology on the production lines. Since its establishment in 2015, Weebit Nano has been engaged in the development of resistive non-volatile memory (NVM) of the ReRAM type in collaboration with the French research institute CEA-Leti .

This memory technology is characterized by extremely low power consumption alongside resistance to high temperatures and harsh environmental conditions. One of its outstanding advantages lies in the fact that the memory cells can be miniaturized and produced even in geometries as small as 28 nm and 22 nm - in contrast to FLASH memories, which are difficult to produce in a geometry smaller than 40 nm. The company plans to illustrate the result through the production of the first series of 22 nm components already in the coming weeks.

Published in the categories: News , Semiconductors
Posted in tags: Globalfoundries , Ransas"

https://techtime.co.il/2023/02/12/globalfoundries-8/

_________
If there are spelling errors then it is due to the translation from Hebrew. Some words are sometimes translated this way or that way, e.g. Renesas sometimes becomes Ransas or similar.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

cosors

👀
Sorry if already posted.

"BLOG POST​

TECH & SOURCING @ MORGAN LEWIS

TECHNOLOGY, OUTSOURCING, AND COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS
NEWS FOR LAWYERS AND SOURCING PROFESSIONALS

Neuromorphic Computing: A More Efficient Technology for Activities That Require a Human Touch

March 01, 2023
ChatGPT and subsequent artificial intelligence (AI) programs have been in the headlines recently. Not as common is the discussion of the cost associated with developing and operating such AI tools or if such AI is right for every job.
It is estimated that ChatGPT can cost millions of dollars per day to operate. Given the potentially large price tag, consumers may ask how users can harness the benefit of AI without the high operating cost and what the best technology is in applications where precise decision-making and outcomes are desired. Some believe that the answer to both of these questions is neuromorphic computing.

What Is Neuromorphic Computing?
Neuromorphic computing is designed to mimic the human brain, operating in a manner that allows the technology to solve problems in ways our brains would. The chips that power neuromorphic computing are specially designed with the same structure as our brain’s neurons and synapses, allowing it to make decisions and judgments in a way that typical computer systems or algorithms cannot.
Neuromorphic computing is intended to be more efficient, powerful, and cost-effective than other AI technologies. Although still in development and not widely deployed, it is being evaluated in various settings, including cloud computing, robotics, and autonomous vehicle technology.

The End of the Algorithm in AI?
Rather than processing all the data to follow an algorithm to an answer, the goal of neuromorphic computing is to decipher the necessary information to determine the correct solution. Leveraging this would allow companies and consumers to implement technology into everyday life wherever a human touch is required—rather than utilizing answers based solely on an algorithm.
AI is effective at providing large amounts of computing power, responding to queries that may take a human or even a standard computer a long time to answer. Neuromorphic computing, on the other hand, takes a more active approach, giving the correct response or action to a scenario.

Key Takeaway
As technology and society integrate on a deeper level, there will be an increased demand on our computers and technology to interact with us as a human would with speech, movement, and reason. Neuromorphic computing’s deployment is no easy feat, and we will be on the lookout for how companies bring humanity into future computers and technologies.
Topics: Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, Technology and Tech Transactions"

https://www.morganlewis.com/blogs/s...ogy-for-activities-that-require-a-human-touch

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Repost by Panasonic Automotive employee

From memory there have been Panasonic posts, but not for automotive applications?

Panasonic Automotive Cockpit Integrated Solutions link
Panasonic Automotive Cabin Interior Innovation Solutions link

Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.

1677779709525.png

1677779606729.png

1677779657327.png

1677779574043.png

1677780581133.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
rob2.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Ian

Founding Member

These guys using Ai for predictive maintenance for lithium batteries and post liked by Brainchip 🤔

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Pmel

Regular

What do you understand from the reply from Mercedes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230303_055348_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230303_055348_Chrome.jpg
    729.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Screenshot_20230303_061737_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230303_061737_Chrome.jpg