BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sorry and happy to be wrong.

From 144 metres an hour to 20 km an hour is a really a remarkable achievement.
That’s moving faster than the share price

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Slade

Top 20
Sorry and happy to be wrong.

From 144 metres an hour to 20 km an hour is a really a remarkable achievement.
Don’t be sorry. I’m still in a state of disbelief.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
This sort of advance is something you would want to keep secret. Think about the implications for autonomous weapons in battlefield settings.

IMAFOFTLTGLTAH
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Today's lack of volume in Brainchip shares traded has me wondering about something.

I am just blown away by the effectiveness of the Integrous Communications investor relations advisory campaign to ah, .........well,....let's just quote the press release from a year ago (July 14).....

"...to lead Brainchip's financial communications and investor relations initiatives". And further, "....we have seen a tremendous rise in opportunities on the financial side of our business that requires further attention. By retaining an investor relations firm like Integrous we are able to concentrate on our core competencies....." And further, ".....We anticipate our work with Integrous will help attract additional institutional investment while maximizing the returns for our current shareholders." The above is quoting or paraphrasing Ken Scarince, Brainchip, CFO.

When this was released I was pleased and hoped like everyone that it would result in more tangible interest in owning the equity. I think it is quite reasonable to give a relationship such as this a year to develop and bear fruit, or produce tangible results. So I bided my time, and waited. And waited.

Unless I have missed announcements I can't remember what, if anything, has come from this relationship. I thought Integrous may have been involved in the move to get ADR shares (BCHPY) for institutional trading, but that action is non-existent. Clearly, institutional interest in the U.S. has been insignificant. Maybe non-existent is more accurate since virtually no ADR shares trade. And the move to eliminate a foreign trading fee of $50 per trade for BRCHF shares by gaining DTC eligibility went away for a couple months but is now back, at least on my trading platform (Fidelity). So, if Integrous was involved with the DTC thing it has since fizzled out. That fee suppresses trading. And even though there does not appear to be any fee associated with the ADR shares it doesn't seem to matter as the market yawns and says, "meh".

Is Brainchip still using Integrous? If so, why? My guess is they have gone their separate ways, and announcing that breakup doesn't get the same rosy press release with all the optimism as when they started working with Brainchip.

To make my point, today BRCHF traded 529 shares, and BCHPY traded 12 ADR's. These volumes are sad. Some may say well, it is July 4th weekend - summer - low interest. Sorry, that doesn't explain this pathetic U.S. interest for a tech company that should be doing better, revenue's notwithstanding. And it misses the point to say, yeah, but BRCHF went up 3.5 cents.

Does anyone know anything about Integrous? I really hope Brainchip and Integrous have gone their separate ways. Regards, dippY
Ahhh… todays lack of volume……. Maybe caused by the fact today is Saturday 😂😂

Sorry for taking the piss. I do get your point though. The bruised SP is not helping. Have faith. 2022 was promised to be the year. Only 6 months in. The next 6 is what we have been waiting for. Income will show up and that magical IP print press will start performing its magic.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
D

Deleted member 118

Mention for BrN

64982F4D-C7AD-4AF2-90DF-FA00A19B1D58.png

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
This sort of advance is something you would want to keep secret. Think about the implications for autonomous weapons in battlefield settings.

IMAFOFTLTGLTAH
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Now you tell me.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Taproot

Regular
We have long been looking for official confirmation of a successful NASA Vorago Brainchip Phase 1 project.
Well I have found it and it is copied with a link below.

Note:

1. Vorago is Silicon Space Technology Corporation for newer shareholders.
2. Vorago used the term CNN RNN to describe AKIDA not SCNN.

As you read through the extracts you will note the following:

A.
Vorago met all of the Phase 1 objectives
B. Vorago has five letters in support of continuing to the next Phase 2 importantly/interestingly two of these letters offer funding for the Phase 2 independent of NASA - (I personally am thinking large Aerospace companies jumping on board)
C. Vorago has modelling which shows AKIDA will allow NASA to have autonomous Rovers that will achieve speeds of up to 20 kph compared with a present speed of 4 centimetres a second.

There is in my opinion no other company on this planet with technology that can compete with the creation of Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar.

The Original Phase 1:
"The ultimate goal of this project is to create a radiation-hardened Neural Network suitable for Ede use. Neural Networks operating at the Edge will need to perform Continuous Learning and Few-shot/One-shot Learning with very low energy requirements, as will NN operation. Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs) provide the architectural framework to enable Edge operation and Continuous Learning. SNNs are event-driven and represent events as a spike or a train of spikes. Because of the sparsity of their data representation, the amount of processing Neural Networks need to do for the same stimulus can be significantly less than conventional Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs), much like a human brain. To function in Space and in other extreme Edge environments, Neural Networks, including SNNs, must be made rad-hard.Brainchip’s Akida Event Domain Neural Processor (www.brainchipinc.com) offers native support for SNNs. Brainchip has been able to drive power consumption down to about 3 pJ per synaptic operation in their 28nm Si implementation. The Akida Development Environment (ADE) uses industry-standard development tools Tensorflow and Keras to allow easy simulation of its IP.Phase I is the first step towards creating radiation-hardened Edge AI capability. We plan to use the Akida Neural Processor architecture and, in Phase I, will: Understand the operation of Brainchip’s IP Understand 28nm instantiation of that IP (Akida) Evaluate radiation vulnerability of different parts of the IP through the Akida Development Environment Define architecture of target IC Define how HARDSIL® will be used to harden each chosen IP block Choose a target CMOS node (likely 28nm) and create a plan to design and fabricate the IC in that node, including defining the HARDSIL® process modules for this baseline process Define the radiation testing plan to establish the radiation robustness of the ICSuccessfully accomplishing these objectives:Establishes the feasibility of creating a useful, radiation-hardened product IC with embedded NPU and already-existing supporting software ecosystem to allow rapid adoption and productive use within NASA and the Space community.\n\n\n\n\t Creates the basis for an executable Phase II proposal and path towards fabrication of the processor."

CNN RNN Processor
FIRM: SILICON SPACE TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION PI
: Jim Carlquist Proposal #:H6.22-4509
NON-PROPRIETARY DATA
Objectives:

The goal of this project is the creation of a radiation-hardened Spiking Neural Network (SNN) SoC based on the BrainChip Akida Neuron Fabric IP. Akida is a member of a small set of existing SNN architectures structured to more closely emulate computation in a human brain. The rationale for using a Spiking Neural Network (SNN) for Edge AI Computing is because of its efficiencies. The neurmorphic approach used in the Akida architecture takes fewer MACs per operation since it creates and uses sparsity of both weights and activation by its event-based model. In addition, Akida reduces memory consumption by quantizing and compressing network parameters. This also helps to reduce power consumption and die size while maintaining performance.
Spiking Neural Network Block Diagram

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Notable Deliverables Provided:
• Design and Manufacturing Plans
• Radiation Testing Plan (included in Final report)
• Technical final report

Key Milestones Met
• Understand Akida Architecture
• Understand 28nm Implementation
• Evaluate Radiation Vulnerability of the IP Through the Akida
Development Environment
• Define Architecture of Target IC
• Define how HARDSIL® will be used in Target IC
• Create Design and Manufacturing Plans
• Define the Radiation Testing Plan to Establish the Radiation
Robustness of the IC

FUTURE PLANNED DEVELOPMENTS

Planned Post-Phase II Partners

We received five Letters of Support for this project.

Two of which will provide capital infusion to keep the project going, one for aid in radiation testing, and the final two for use in future space flights.

Planned/Possible Mission Infusion

NASA is keen to increase the performance of its autonomous rovers to allow for greater speeds.

Current routing methodologies limit speeds to 4cm/sec while NASA has a goal to be able to have autonomous rovers traverse at speeds up to 20km/hr.

Early calculations show the potential for this device to process several of the required neural network algorithms fast enough to meet this goal.

Planned/Possible Mission Commercialization

A detailed plan is included in the Phase I final submittal to commercialized a RADHARD flight ready QML, SNN SoC to be available for NASA and commercial use.

This plan will include a Phase II plus extensions to reach the commercialization goals we are seeking.

CONTRACT (CENTER): SUBTOPIC:
SOLICITATION-PHASE: TA:
80NSSC20C0365 (ARC)
H6.22 Deep Neural Net and Neuromorphic Processors for In- Space Autonomy and Cognition
SBIR 2020-I4.5.0 Autonomy

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
1656738737963.png

20 Nodes for this NASA application ?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
  • Love
  • Fire

Earlyrelease

Regular
Yes, and it will go even faster than that when it travels downhill.
Maybe go faster on the second lap once it has mapped it the first time. Bit like the race track all those years back

• Fire
  • Love

Kachoo

Regular
That's some nice validation. All this info slowly leaking tells me to be patient. IMO Things should only grow from here!

• Fire

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I found an interesting article/interview published a few days ago with Jean-Rene Leuepeys who is the deputy director and CTO at CEA-Leti. He says they are preparing the next generation of their own neuromorphic chip which will have "more than 100,000 neurons on a chip and more than 75 million synapses". 🤏I'm thinking Jean-Rene must have missed the memo about AKIDA and it's 1.2 million neurons and 10 billion synapses.🤭

Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 4.20.30 pm.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love

TasTroy77

Founding Member
So when do we actually get paid by NASA ?

Or have they paid the early access program fees for testing @Fact Finder

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220702-171110_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220702-171110_Drive.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So when do we actually get paid by NASA ?

Or have they paid the early access program fees for testing @Fact Finder
Hi Tas,

The SBIR is between Vorago and NASA, so we probably won't get paid by NASA, but I guess we would have had to work with Vorago on the RadHard Hardisil, because the Akida circuit IP is encrypted, so there would need to be some agreement to allow Vorago to access the circuit design and probably to receive engineering support from BRN. We would also need NASA security clearance to work on the project.

And than there's the third party money ...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
Wann kommt Elon auf den Zug BRN , Mercedes rennt ihm davon wenn man das so verfolgt ! https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-95800 🚀

@NASA hat @Brainchip als die Technologie identifiziert, die ihnen hilft, ihre Ziele für ihren autonomen Rover zu erreichen. „Aktuelle Routing-Methoden begrenzen Geschwindigkeiten auf 4 cm/s, during sterben NASA das Ziel hat, autonome Rover mit Geschwindigkeiten von bis zu 20 km/h

Um das vergleichbar zu machen: Das bedeutet von 0,144 km/h auf 20 km/h. Das bedeutet eine Steigerung um schnell das 140-fache(!)

Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom