BRN Discussion Ongoing

Überspringen wir alle Zahlen bis 20nein für Slade und gehen zu durstig.🍺
Ja wie in der Schule , überspringt die Zahlen 🥳🤟

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
I gave you a like because you have shown how unbelievable is the improvement AKIDA technology brings by not believing 4cm means 4 centimetres.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I often get a horror when I read about cm/dm, inch³, or acres or feet - a no go. We engineers are forbidden to use cm/dm, no (German) one takes you seriously anymore. Can be a bit of a quibble, I admit. But I have my problem with it and the scientist or professors turn a deaf ear. Professionally I had to deal with feets once and there are hundreds of this unit of measurement, in fact. Do not take seriously, but if it were up to me, I would ban all other units of measurement, meters and basic SI units and good is - LoL 🤣
=> 0,04m (0.04m - ok.)
m/h / km/h (~ok) / cm/h

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 118

I often get a horror when I read about cm/dm, inch³, or acres or feet - a no go. We engineers are forbidden to use cm/dm, no (German) one takes you seriously anymore. Can be a bit of a quibble, I admit. But I have my problem with it and the Scientist or professors turn a deaf ear. Professionally I had to deal with feets once and there are hundreds of this unit of measurement, in fact. Do not take seriously, but if it were up to me, I would ban all other units of measurement, meters and basic SI units and good is - LoL 🤣
=> 0,04m (0.04m - ok.)
m/h / km/h (~ok) / cm/h

I started junior schools in the late 70s so I was lucky enough to be brought up using inches,mm,cm,mi,ft,yds,km,m and we wasn’t allowed to use a calculator.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
I started junior schools in the late 70s so I was lucky enough to be brought up using inches,mm,cm,mi,ft,yds,km,m
Some unfortunately really need to work scientifically and understand each other.
The one to the other: do you mean mountainous, Belgian, British or Prussian inch?!
The other: I mean nevertheless how many meters our Akida Rover covers on Mars per hour, so m/h 🤣
and cm? 🤔
___
Remember your shot. What should I administer? cl ml or liters or gallons?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dang Son

Regular
That should be worth a few pennies. I haven’t had time to try and calculate the earnings however Butch put up some figures to get us started.

Reality is Renesas will use their own products first to maximise profits and only use Akida where it’s needed; where they don’t have the technology. That’s business!

The pie will be big enough for Brainchip to be very successful!
Hi SG
Thanks for reply.
My point is Renesas enables development progress in electronic consumer goods by their progressive innovations and
Akida offers sensor agnostic advanced
Neuromorphic IP.
As much as I will appreciate seeing our first product with Akisda on board , with infinite functionality available ,
Renesance licensing 2 nodes appears to me to place unnecessary limitation on Akida product development progress with them.
Let's see some more licencee's to capture the market while we can !!!
Please

Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

I’ve not watched it but think you need to sign up to be able too.

709BE603-197F-4E10-84EC-C90BEBE9779A.png

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Please let's get this over with quickly 🤗
Screenshot_2022-07-03-00-20-33-96_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 118

RISC-V chip designer SiFive has opened its new UK Research & Development (R&D) Centre headquartered in Cambridge. SiFive plans to hire over 100 employees across multiple roles and positions for the centre, taking advantage of the job losses at neighbouring ARM. However it is competing for staff with other RISC-V…
By Nick Flaherty
Share:
RISC-V chip designer SiFive has opened its new UK Research & Development (R&D) Centre headquartered in Cambridge.

SiFive plans to hire over 100 employees across multiple roles and positions for the centre, taking advantage of the job losses at neighbouring ARM. However it is competing for staff with other RISC-V design companies such as Imagination Technologies and Codasip that have also set up design centres in the city.

Codasip looks to hire 100 RISC-V engineers in Cambridge, Bristol
Imagination launches its first real-time embedded RISC-V CPU
“The market demand for SiFive’s leading RISC-V cores is unprecedented, providing an incredible opportunity for both seasoned and up-and-coming talent to join us in delivering innovative solutions to customers who represent an elite list of leading global technology brands,” said Patrick Little, CEO and Chairman of SiFive.

“As part of our global expansion, we’re proud to open our UK R&D Centre in Cambridge to access the considerable local technical talent, especially CPU experts,” he said. “We offer a chance to work alongside true industry pioneers to develop critical technology that is fundamentally changing the way the semi industry does business. With long-term plans to grow talent and teams in Cambridge and across the UK, we are looking for employees who want to make an impact, working on some of SiFive’s highest performance products. It’s a great chance to join us early in our growth in the UK and beyond.”

Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Wann kommt Elon auf den Zug BRN , Mercedes rennt ihm davon wenn man das so verfolgt ! https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-95800 🚀

@NASA hat @Brainchip als die Technologie identifiziert, die ihnen hilft, ihre Ziele für ihren autonomen Rover zu erreichen. „Aktuelle Routing-Methoden begrenzen Geschwindigkeiten auf 4 cm/s, during sterben NASA das Ziel hat, autonome Rover mit Geschwindigkeiten von bis zu 20 km/h

Um das vergleichbar zu machen: Das bedeutet von 0,144 km/h auf 20 km/h. Das bedeutet eine Steigerung um schnell das 140-fache(!)

I don't want to be petty. But I also have to translate sometimes.
I'm so petty sometimes...
...bold comes from Phone - sorry

cm/s?!?

• "English Only - We welcome investors from all over the globe, but please consider the primary audience of this site. All posts should be written in English to avoid conversation derailment or confusion. Consider using a tool like Google Translate before posting. This is not intended to be unfair, but rather, to ensure your post is understood and that our community thus communicates back to you. Without that, there is not much value in posting at all."
https://thestockexchange.com.au/help/terms/

I really recommend DeepL
"More than 1 billion choose DeepL for our exceptional translation quality, powered by our groundbreaking artificial intelligence technology." That's already far better than Google translate, try it

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I started junior schools in the late 70s so I was lucky enough to be brought up using inches,mm,cm,mi,ft,yds,km,m
My pet peeve on reporting measurements is when people ignore the number of significant digits. US publications seem to do this often when ‘metricizing’ their figures.

e.g. “We shouldn‘t judge others until we walk a mile (1.60934 km) in their shoes.”

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Violin1

Regular
My pet peeve on reporting measurements is when people ignore the number of significant digits. US publications seem to do this often when ‘metricizing’ their figures.

e.g. “We shouldn‘t judge others until we walk a mile (1.60934 km) in their shoes.”
And the good thing is that if they get angry about your judgement of them.......well, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes!

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire

Taproot

Regular
Think akida can run up to 80 nodes?

Akida is a fully customizable event-based AI neural processor. Akida’s scalable architecture and small footprint boosts efficiency by orders of magnitude, supporting up to 256 nodes that connect over a mesh network. Every node consists of four Neural Processing Units (NPUs), each with scalable and configurable SRAM. Within each node, the NPUs can be configured as either convolutional or fully connected.

Akida is flexible and scalable for multiple edge AI use cases. Achieve the most cost-effective solution by optimizing the node configuration to the desired level of performance and efficiency. Scale down to 2 nodes (@ 1Ghz = 1 TOPS) for ultra low power or scale up to 256 nodes (@ 1Ghz = 131 TOPS) for complex use cases.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Chippers,

Having a read of a weekend financial newspaper...

FULL PAGE advert from Mercedes-Benz.

* with a picture of the single panel glass dashboard floating above a Mercedes and a young lass looking up at the panel in wonderment.

* the caption at bottom of picture reads....

As innovative as it is intuitive: the Mercedes-Benz MBUX Hyperscreen with artificial intelligence.
INNOVATIONS BY
( Mercedes-Benz logo ).

* At the top of the advert , in very small print....
Overseas model showen. Vehicle showen not currently available in Australia.

Apart from what we all know here, there is no mention of Brainchip in the advert.

Getting closer by the day.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

cosors

👀
Morning Chippers,

* with a picture of the single panel glass dashboard floating above a Mercedes and a young lass looking up at the panel in wonderment.

As innovative as it is intuitive: the Mercedes-Benz MBUX Hyperscreen with artificial intelligence.
INNOVATIONS BY
( Mercedes-Benz logo ).

Apart from what we all know here, there is no mention of Brainchip in the advert.

Regards,
Esq.
I have often thought about this and wanted to write about it in detail. It's perfectly normal for companies to want to sell their success and ingenious new technology as their own. I'm getting used to that, or I already am.
Type that maybe so that the 999 disappears quickly

• Fire

VictorG

Under 5 months since TSE began and we are on the precipice of 1000 pages in the main BRN thread and hundreds more in the other threads. Well done all, the information generated in this forum could be licensed for huge profits.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Morning Chippers,

INNOVATIONS BY
( Mercedes-Benz logo ).

Regards,
Esq.
Pretty standard advertising where no one wants to reveal the ingredients of the recipe.
Luckily we know whats inside. 😉😉

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

cosors

👀
Happy 1000th 🚀🕺
Might the force of 1000 eyes be with us!
🥳
____
4Crap, still not 😂

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
We have long been looking for official confirmation of a successful NASA Vorago Brainchip Phase 1 project.
Well I have found it and it is copied with a link below.

Note:

1. Vorago is Silicon Space Technology Corporation for newer shareholders.
2. Vorago used the term CNN RNN to describe AKIDA not SCNN.

As you read through the extracts you will note the following:

A.
Vorago met all of the Phase 1 objectives
B. Vorago has five letters in support of continuing to the next Phase 2 importantly/interestingly two of these letters offer funding for the Phase 2 independent of NASA - (I personally am thinking large Aerospace companies jumping on board)
C. Vorago has modelling which shows AKIDA will allow NASA to have autonomous Rovers that will achieve speeds of up to 20 kph compared with a present speed of 4 centimetres a second.

There is in my opinion no other company on this planet with technology that can compete with the creation of Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar.

The Original Phase 1:
"The ultimate goal of this project is to create a radiation-hardened Neural Network suitable for Ede use. Neural Networks operating at the Edge will need to perform Continuous Learning and Few-shot/One-shot Learning with very low energy requirements, as will NN operation. Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs) provide the architectural framework to enable Edge operation and Continuous Learning. SNNs are event-driven and represent events as a spike or a train of spikes. Because of the sparsity of their data representation, the amount of processing Neural Networks need to do for the same stimulus can be significantly less than conventional Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs), much like a human brain. To function in Space and in other extreme Edge environments, Neural Networks, including SNNs, must be made rad-hard.Brainchip’s Akida Event Domain Neural Processor (www.brainchipinc.com) offers native support for SNNs. Brainchip has been able to drive power consumption down to about 3 pJ per synaptic operation in their 28nm Si implementation. The Akida Development Environment (ADE) uses industry-standard development tools Tensorflow and Keras to allow easy simulation of its IP.Phase I is the first step towards creating radiation-hardened Edge AI capability. We plan to use the Akida Neural Processor architecture and, in Phase I, will: Understand the operation of Brainchip’s IP Understand 28nm instantiation of that IP (Akida) Evaluate radiation vulnerability of different parts of the IP through the Akida Development Environment Define architecture of target IC Define how HARDSIL® will be used to harden each chosen IP block Choose a target CMOS node (likely 28nm) and create a plan to design and fabricate the IC in that node, including defining the HARDSIL® process modules for this baseline process Define the radiation testing plan to establish the radiation robustness of the ICSuccessfully accomplishing these objectives:Establishes the feasibility of creating a useful, radiation-hardened product IC with embedded NPU and already-existing supporting software ecosystem to allow rapid adoption and productive use within NASA and the Space community.\n\n\n\n\t Creates the basis for an executable Phase II proposal and path towards fabrication of the processor."

CNN RNN Processor
FIRM: SILICON SPACE TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION PI
: Jim Carlquist Proposal #:H6.22-4509
NON-PROPRIETARY DATA
Objectives:

The goal of this project is the creation of a radiation-hardened Spiking Neural Network (SNN) SoC based on the BrainChip Akida Neuron Fabric IP. Akida is a member of a small set of existing SNN architectures structured to more closely emulate computation in a human brain. The rationale for using a Spiking Neural Network (SNN) for Edge AI Computing is because of its efficiencies. The neurmorphic approach used in the Akida architecture takes fewer MACs per operation since it creates and uses sparsity of both weights and activation by its event-based model. In addition, Akida reduces memory consumption by quantizing and compressing network parameters. This also helps to reduce power consumption and die size while maintaining performance.
Spiking Neural Network Block Diagram

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Notable Deliverables Provided:
• Design and Manufacturing Plans
• Radiation Testing Plan (included in Final report)
• Technical final report

Key Milestones Met
• Understand Akida Architecture
• Understand 28nm Implementation
• Evaluate Radiation Vulnerability of the IP Through the Akida
Development Environment
• Define Architecture of Target IC
• Define how HARDSIL® will be used in Target IC
• Create Design and Manufacturing Plans
• Define the Radiation Testing Plan to Establish the Radiation
Robustness of the IC

FUTURE PLANNED DEVELOPMENTS

Planned Post-Phase II Partners

We received five Letters of Support for this project.

Two of which will provide capital infusion to keep the project going, one for aid in radiation testing, and the final two for use in future space flights.

Planned/Possible Mission Infusion

NASA is keen to increase the performance of its autonomous rovers to allow for greater speeds.

Current routing methodologies limit speeds to 4cm/sec while NASA has a goal to be able to have autonomous rovers traverse at speeds up to 20km/hr.

Early calculations show the potential for this device to process several of the required neural network algorithms fast enough to meet this goal.

Planned/Possible Mission Commercialization

A detailed plan is included in the Phase I final submittal to commercialized a RADHARD flight ready QML, SNN SoC to be available for NASA and commercial use.

This plan will include a Phase II plus extensions to reach the commercialization goals we are seeking.

CONTRACT (CENTER): SUBTOPIC:
SOLICITATION-PHASE: TA:
80NSSC20C0365 (ARC)
H6.22 Deep Neural Net and Neuromorphic Processors for In- Space Autonomy and Cognition
SBIR 2020-I4.5.0 Autonomy

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Originally posted in a NASA thread by @uiux but now has greater significance:

Proposal Summary​

Proposal Information

Proposal Number:
21-2- H6.22-1743

Phase 1 Contract #:
80NSSC21C0233

Subtopic Title:
Deep Neural Net and Neuromorphic Processors for In-Space Autonomy and Cognition

Proposal Title:
Neuromorphic Enhanced Cognitive Radio

Small Business Concern

Firm: Intellisense Systems, Inc.

Address:

21041 South Western Avenue, Torrance, CA 90501

Phone:
(310) 320-1827

Principal Investigator:

Name:
Mr. Wenjian Wang Ph.D.

E-mail:
wwang@intellisenseinc.com

Address:

21041 South Western Avenue, CA 90501 - 1727

Phone: (310) 320-1827

Business Official:

Name: Selvy Utama

E-mail:
notify@intellisenseinc.com

Address:
21041 South Western Avenue, CA 90501 - 1727

Phone: (310) 320-1827

Summary Details:

Estimated Technology Readiness Level (TRL) :
Begin: 3
End: 4

Technical Abstract (Limit 2000 characters, approximately 200 words):
Intellisense Systems, Inc. proposes in Phase II to advance development of a Neuromorphic Enhanced Cognitive Radio (NECR) device to enable autonomous space operations on platforms constrained by size, weight, and power (SWaP). NECR is a low-size, -weight, and -power (-SWaP) cognitive radio built on the open-source framework, i.e., GNU Radio and RFNoC™, with new enhancements in environment learning and improvements in transmission quality and data processing. Due to the high efficiency of spiking neural networks and their low-latency, energy-efficient implementation on neuromorphic computing hardware, NECR can be integrated into SWaP-constrained platforms in spacecraft and robotics, to provide reliable communication in unknown and uncharacterized space environments such as the Moon and Mars. In Phase II, Intellisense will improve the NECR system for cognitive communication capabilities accelerated by neuromorphic hardware. We will refine the overall NECR system architecture to achieve cognitive communication capabilities accelerated by neuromorphic hardware, on which a special focus will be the mapping, optimization, and implementation of smart sensing algorithms on the neuromorphic hardware. The Phase II smart sensing algorithm library will include Kalman filter, Carrier Frequency Offset estimation, symbol rate estimation, energy detection- and matched filter-based spectrum sensing, signal-to-noise ratio estimation, and automatic modulation identification.

These algorithms will be implemented on COTS neuromorphic computing hardware such as Akida processor from BrainChip, and then integrated with radio frequency modules and radiation-hardened packaging into a Phase II prototype.

At the end of Phase II, the prototype will be delivered to NASA for testing and evaluation, along with a plan describing a path to meeting fault and tolerance requirements for mission deployment and API documents for integration with CubeSat, SmallSat, and 'ROVER' for flight demonstration.

Potential NASA Applications (Limit 1500 characters, approximately 150 words):
NECR technology will have many NASA applications due to its low-SWaP and low-cost cognitive sensing capability. It can be used to enhance the robustness and reliability of space communication and networking, especially cognitive radio devices. NECR can be directly transitioned to the Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD) Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN) Program, CubeSat, SmallSat, and 'ROVER' to address the needs of the Cognitive Communications project.

Potential Non-NASA Applications (Limit 1500 characters, approximately 150 words):
NECR technology’s low-SWaP and low-cost cognitive sensing capability will have many non-NASA applications. The NECR technology can be integrated into commercial communication systems to enhance cognitive sensing and communication capability. Automakers can integrate the NECR technology into automobiles for cognitive sensing and communication.

Duration: 24

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users
Top Bottom