BRN Discussion Ongoing

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Hi @DingoBorat

I also just finished listening and agree with the transcription as being accurate and I agree with your interpretation but would say we need to have regard to additional words at the beginning and end:

after that the revenue growth will start to outgrow the expense growth pretty rapidly”

To me Sean Hehir is saying our expenditure will plateau once we get to about 100 employees and after that when expenditure growth is about static that revenue growth will pretty quickly start to outgrow expenditure growth.

He has not said when and he has not said break even which is an entirely different proposition to reaching a point where the growth in expenditure is being exceeded by the growth in income.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
He was answering a question about the breakeven point of the company after the long years of research and development

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
"Remember when i talked building up to 100 people or so this year, we think at that point we actually at a pretty good size scale and were are going to say after that the revenue growth will start to outgrow the expense growth pretty rapidly, thats the model that were going to start to see in leverage"

I think you're interpereting, what he said, incorrectly.

The "expense growth" is the increase in costs of the new employees, not previous expenses, of 7 to 8 million dollars per quarter.

My interpretation, is that he's saying the "revenue growth" will begin to outgrow, these "increased" expenses.

Expecting around 10 million dollars US, in the December quarterly, is entirely unrealistic, in my opinion..
The CEO was replying to a direct question about the breakeven point of the company after the long years of cash burn research and development. The question asked is just as important as the answer ........

Reactions: 5 users

gex

Regular
Pantene

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
The CEO was answering a question about the breakeven point of the company after the long runway of the research and development years , when will the company reach a breakeven point was the question being asked and answered
Breakeven point.....
The interviewer asked that question, but he didn't give that answer.

He answered, with what he could talk about, instead of saying something like "I don't know" which he couldn't possibly, at that point in time.

This guy is switched on, we are in more than capable hands, with Sean at the helm.
The first couple of times I saw him speak, I wasn't too impressed, maybe it was nerves etc, but he has really hit his stride now and you can really see, his enthusiasm and drive.
How he handled the Comsec interview, is a perfect example, of how far he's come, in his own development, as a/our CEO.

Actually Tom asked basically the same question in that interview, from 6min, about profitability and while showing great confidence in our potential, he didn't answer that part of the question.

Hey I'm on your side, how my life and other aspects of how I want to impose my influence on this World, pans out, depends entirely on this Company doing, what I think it can do.

I am 100% behind fostering positivity here and allaying unfounded fears, but by the same token, I don't want that positivity to be based on unreal expectations.
Because, it will undermine that sentiment.

In saying that, my expectations of this Company could be considered "unreal" to those, like the WANCAs, that don't have a clue, of what we have here.

The share price, will more than take care of itself, with further "material" developments, before the actual financial benefits of them, hit our books 😉

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
The CEO was replying to a direct question about the breakeven point of the company after the long years of cash burn research and development. The question asked is just as important as the answer ........
Screenshot_20220701-181656_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220701-181853_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

Morgo

Nice to see we got a mention on Channel 9 news tonight, hopefully the 1st of many now we’re in the ASX 200

Attachments

• 527B303E-2967-4DF5-9C9A-9E345BBB6B1E.jpeg
    527B303E-2967-4DF5-9C9A-9E345BBB6B1E.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 205
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

cosors

👀
The awards ceremony took place at Sensors Converge, June 27-29 at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California.

The 2022 Innovative Product of the Year Award categories and winners included:

 Aerospace/Space: Dynamic Vision Sensor (DVS) by iniVation
 AI/Machine Learning: AML100 Analog Machine Learning Processor by Aspinity, Inc.
 Connectivity: SYN4381 Triple Combo SoC by Synaptics Inc.
 Automotive/Autonomous Technologies: PreAct T30P Flash LiDAR by PreAct Technologies
 Data Acquisition & Analytics: Datalynq by Sourceability
 Industrial IoT: UbiCell Streetlight Controller by Ubicquia
 Industrial Sensors: Rechargeable SuperTag by Link Labs
 Instrumentation & Test: Maxwell: Quantum RF Sensor Platform by ColdQuanta
 MEMS: Instrumems Multi-Sense Platform by Instrumems
 Medical: Powermat PMT 100 Wireless Power Solution by Powermat Technologies Ltd.
 Optical and Cameras: Micro Core by Seek Thermal
 Wearables: RESP Smart Sensor Platform by Strados Labs

The 2022 Individual Awards category winners:
 Startup of the Year: Blickfeld GmbH
 Woman on the Year: Sally Frykman, Velodyne Lidar

I am seriously surprised! Startup of the year a company from Germany and that with our startup "culture"!?! Blickfeld GmbH and LiDAR
https://www.blickfeld.com/

Quercuskid

Regular
Nice to see we got a mention on Channel 9 news tonight, hopefully the 1st of many now we’re in the ASX 200
Nothing on ABC!

Reactions: 1 users
Good morning all from VN.

View attachment 10556
Its nice to see some Green grass below the horizon. Just as the SP.
Maybe I should leave Aus more often, I left yesterday at market closed. Wake up in another country and the SP is green.
Be patient my fellow shareholder, Sunshine and Green fields is always after the rain.

Learning
It's great to be a shareholder.
Wishing I was there for a happy holiday

I love Vietnam 🇻🇳

• Love
Arijit Mukherjee

Arijit Mukherjee

Principal Scientist, Embedded Devices & Intelligent Systems at TCS Research
2mo · Edited

"Efficient Time Series Classification using Spiking Reservoir" - accepted at #IJCNN2022...despite the heat, the morning seemed sweeter 😊 This is the fifth research paper from our Neuromorphic Computing team at Tata Consultancy Services - Research, on neuromorphic/SNN in three years, and third at IJCNN - the others being on spike encoding (both uni and multi-variate data) and action/gesture recognition from DVS and micro-doppler radar... Good job team...Sounak Dey, Arun M George, Dighanchal Banerjee.

And thank you Arpan Pal for constant encouragement. #TCSResearch #neuromorphic #SNN
81 6 Comments
LikeComment
To view or add a comment, sign in
Arijit Mukherjee

Arijit Mukherjee

2mo · Edited

Cometh the darling of capital...just in case you forgot.
  • No alternative text description for this image
LikeComment
To view or add a comment, sign in
Arijit Mukherjee

Arijit Mukherjee

Principal Scientist, Embedded Devices & Intelligent Systems at Arijit Mukherjee

Arijit Mukherjee

2mo

Our whitepaper on Neuromorphic Computing and Edge Intelligence is now live at https://lnkd.in/g7WiuzHw as part of our research on the topic at Embedded Devices & Intelligent Systems lab or Tata Consultancy Services - Research. A big thanks to my coauthors Sounak Dey and Vedvyas Krishnamoorthy for putting in tremendous effort into this. And thanks to Arpan Pal, Balamuralidhar P for continuous encouragement in this particular area of research. Thanks also to Manan Suri for regular inputs as our research advisor in this area. #TCSResearch #EdgeIntelligence #ArtificialIntelliegence #NeuromorphicComputing
Creating Futuristic Edge Systems with Neuromorphic Computing

Creating Futuristic Edge Systems with Neuromorphic Computing

tcs.com​

• Love
  • Wow

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Last edited:
  • Love

Dhm

Regular
The awards ceremony took place at Sensors Converge, June 27-29 at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California.

The 2022 Innovative Product of the Year Award categories and winners included:

 Aerospace/Space: Dynamic Vision Sensor (DVS) by iniVation
 AI/Machine Learning: AML100 Analog Machine Learning Processor by Aspinity, Inc.
 Connectivity: SYN4381 Triple Combo SoC by Synaptics Inc.
 Automotive/Autonomous Technologies: PreAct T30P Flash LiDAR by PreAct Technologies
 Data Acquisition & Analytics: Datalynq by Sourceability
 Industrial IoT: UbiCell Streetlight Controller by Ubicquia
 Industrial Sensors: Rechargeable SuperTag by Link Labs
 Instrumentation & Test: Maxwell: Quantum RF Sensor Platform by ColdQuanta
 MEMS: Instrumems Multi-Sense Platform by Instrumems
 Medical: Powermat PMT 100 Wireless Power Solution by Powermat Technologies Ltd.
 Optical and Cameras: Micro Core by Seek Thermal
 Wearables: RESP Smart Sensor Platform by Strados Labs

The 2022 Individual Awards category winners:
 Startup of the Year: Blickfeld GmbH
 Woman on the Year: Sally Frykman, Velodyne Lidar
Maybe I have rose coloured glasses but surely If we are as good as management and the 1000 eyes say we are there would have been at least one category that we would have come close to winning.
AI/Machine learning
Automotive/Autonomous Technologies
Industrial IoT
Industrial Sensors
Optical and Cameras

We know we are amazing, but it seems the rest of the computer world isn’t as yet looking in our direction.
Still holding firm, but frustrated.
For the golfers amongst us, Dornoch tomorrow.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Just thought I’d re-post this grab from the official Mercedes website about Brainchip, also the short commercial Ad at the US open!

Attachments

• 4BD3BCD3-0E20-48A6-8D3E-A8B7603AB339.jpeg
    4BD3BCD3-0E20-48A6-8D3E-A8B7603AB339.jpeg
    674.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Slade

Top 20
Just thought I’d re-post this grab from the official Mercedes website about Brainchip, also the short commercial Ad at the US open!

Thanks for posting Jesse. I didn’t realise that Mercedes highlight BrainChip on their website for the World to see. Awesome!!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
The CEO was answering a question about the breakeven point of the company after the long runway of the research and development years , when will the company reach a breakeven point was the question being asked and answered
Breakeven point.....
Don’t like to play devils advocate, but he didn’t directly answer the question.

• Love
I don’t think there is a rule but the cynical side of me says which ever sounds the biggest.

For example the big 4 banks like to talk $’s cause it is billions but will never ever mention the percentage return those ballista lions mean against the capital invested and held. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thank you for answering, but forgive me, it was a rhetorical question.

Companies equate growth by percentage after stating actual revenue in $

I am making a guesstimate that this June quarter will contain a minimum $3m income consisting of licence and engineering fees.

September will increase by 50% and December the same. Put that in your calculators and you should see about $6.75m income for December quarter (or thereabouts).

From then on I would imagine growth to increase exponentially and that is when the real action begins.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

cassip

Regular
I am glad that Sean Hehir has not been hired as a clairvoyant but as CEO, who gives the most accurate possible preview of the expected development of the figures.

• Fire
Maybe I have rose coloured glasses but surely If we are as good as management and the 1000 eyes say we are there would have been at least one category that we would have come close to winning.
AI/Machine learning
Automotive/Autonomous Technologies
Industrial IoT
Industrial Sensors
Optical and Cameras

We know we are amazing, but it seems the rest of the computer world isn’t as yet looking in our direction.
Still holding firm, but frustrated.
For the golfers amongst us, Dornoch tomorrow.
Brainchip did not qualify:

“Recognizing the Industry's Best Innovations & Individuals​

Have you introduced a ground-breaking new sensor technology this year or worked with a magnificent colleague or team? If so, congratulations! Now, let’s tell the community about it. For over two decades, the Best of Sensors Awards has shone a spotlight on the best and most innovative products, technologies, teams, and people in the sensors industry. Presented by Sensors Converge and Fierce Electronics, the goal of the awards program is to honor and promote wide recognition of the industry’s most transformative technologies and teams. Submissions for the 2022 program are currently closed.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Well if they have you would think it would be on their website. No mention of a date by which it will turn up.

I don’t see them as other than another startup making claims which means in terms of chip development at least three years behind.

@Diogenese woild be able to find a patent given they have been making their claims for more than 18 months now.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
No patents for AnotherBrain but there are a few for Another Brain.

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pat...ication/WO2021058466A1?q=pa = "another brain"

Maisonnier: this seems to be one of his last inventions for Softbank Robotics:

US10481270B2 Device for detecting an obstacle by means of intersecting planes and detection method using such a device

The nearest it gets to NNs is a reference to "analytic means".

A bit of background on Maisonnier:

https://robohub.org/bruno-maisonnier-moves-on-from-aldebaran/

Bruno Maisonnier moves on from Aldebaran​

Farewell and thank you to Bruno Maisonnier, the founder and CEO of Aldebaran Robotics, which is now 95% owned by Softbank. Softbank had previously acquired a majority stake in the ground breaking French robotics company which created the humanoid NAO. Together Aldebaran and Softbank Robotics developed Pepper, the ‘world’s first robot that reads emotions’. Pepper is on display in Softbank and Nestle stores in Japan and there are somewhat delayed plans for Pepper’s sale in the US later in 2015.

Maisonnier has agreed to sell his remaining shares in Aldebaran, step down as CEO and will become a Special Advisor to Masayoshi Son, the President of Softbank Corp. In a press release from Aldebaran, February 23rd, Maisonnier says that he wants to step back from the day to day operations of growing a robotics company and reflect on the changes that have occurred in the world, analyzing and integrating them back into the world of robotics

WO2021156271A1 ANOMALY DETECTOR, METHOD OF ANOMALY DETECTION AND METHOD OF TRAINING AN ANOMALY DETECTOR
Priority: 20200205

1656672964090.png

1. A method of constructing an anomaly detector for detecting an anomaly in a digital sample of a predetermined type and predetermined first resolution, said method comprising:

- exposing a teacher neural network trained to extract features from digital data sets, to a plurality of digital samples of a training dataset of said predetermined type, to extract features representing each said digital sample at one or more levels;

- exposing an auto-encoder to each said digital sample to reconstruct features representing said digital sample at one or more levels;

- determining a difference value reflecting the difference between said extracted features and respective said reconstructed features for each said sample; and

- repeating said steps of reconstructing features representing said training dataset with further said parameters until a minimal said difference value is obtained across said training dataset

An anomaly detector uses two neural networks, the first, a general purpose classifying convolutional neural network operates as a teacher neural network, while a second neural network in an auto-encoder type configuration. Each of the two neural networks receives the same input stream, and generates respective feature outputs at different levels, corresponding to different resolutions for image data. The respective outputs of the two neural networks are compared at each level, and the resulting difference values consolidated across the difference levels to obtain a final difference value. In a training phase this difference value is used to drive the determination of the weights and biases of the auto-encoder, so as to obtain a auto-encoder trained for a particular input type, under the influence of the teacher neural network. In an operational mode, the difference value is compared to a threshold to determine whether a particular sample is anomalous or not. In certain embodiments, difference values a different levels may be scaled so as to be superimposed at a common resolution, thereby providing an error map indicating the location of anomalous values across the sample.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom