BRN Discussion Ongoing

Proga

Regular
I need to listen again but my feeling is MegaChips featured more strongly than I was expecting.

Probably wrong but I think MegaChips is likely close to embedding AKIDA somewhere that Nviso can be used.

Again could an interactive Nintendo game that responded to facial expressions and hand gestures have appeal.

Then perhaps a Sony camera for driver alertness monitoring.

As I said need to listen again.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Having a memory brain fart but what's the game where you move playing tennis/basketball etc using paddles against someone and it's reflected on a screen? Was thinking if Akida can process 1000 FPS it would make the game more responsive/life like.

Reactions: 4 users

Proga

Regular
Fair call.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if a product was released as a result of this partnership this year unless it’s a toy.

But that’s fine because the main market use, e.g. Vehicle safety, patient comfort etc will be extremely large. Due to legislation in the case of cars in Europe then if we get our foot in the door as the certified standard then market share will be fantastic!
Agree SG. I don't think they could get the chips manufactured if they did come up with an application this year. The only chance is if a manufacturer had slots booked for a current application and wanted to change chips like a toy as you suggested.

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users
Hi DB...........my thoughts also! Including all Shorts since Fridays 11.3 Mil the total is 18.4 million SHORTs they have acquired. Looking at the ASX data for Monday 20th June its getting hard to define if they have "closed or covered" their Shorts and that extra large Short (50 Million) taken out after the AGM around Thursday /Friday (26/27 May) (sorry I cannot confirm, I do not have any data for these 2 days).

Below is a JPEG showing the 25 May Total of 38.4 Mil /29.7 Covered position and then on Tuesday 31 May it has jumped up significantly to
88.1 Mil Total / 61.1 Mil Covered numbers. Somewhere between the AGM and Tuesday 31st May 50 Million got added !

Now after all the Shorts added since last Friday 17 June, Monday 20th & Tuesday 21st June its hard to follow whats been closed or not.

The Bottom GPEG shows the Monday 20th June Shorts. Note the Total has gone up but Covered has actually dropped. Anyones guess which lot has been "Covered/Closed".
Of note is that I believe the 50 Million Shorts taken out AFTER the AGM were done by a Major Insto and not our local "favorite" Bandits.
SP since Friday suggests that they have not been closed out probably UNLESS.........they have got nervous and bought back at a "higher" SP making them a loosing trade.
The repeated Shorts taken out on Monday 3.3 il and Tuesday 3.8 Mil suggest strongly they have been trying desperately to drive the price down with more Shorts to get all the trades in the money without much success!
Will they continue? How much can you keep throwing at a loosing position?

One other tactic that could be played is this. You do not have to "Sell" immediately the Shorts {borrowed stock) so its possible to hold onto them in this situation (SP WON"T GO DOWN - HELP) and wait for a very high top out perhaps after an Announcement then Sell @top and replace/close trades after a significant drop back down. No telling how long you might have to wait though. Possible what those 50 mil (Shorts) is destined for.

Yak52:cool:

View attachment 9880

View attachment 9881

Yak52
Yeah, it's really hard to say where they're at, as to how many they've actually sold, but if you consider the relative stability and strength of the share price, at these levels..
It certainly looks like a bit of an act of desperation, indicating, that the previous lots have been sold.

For all we know, a large amount of the volume, may be shorters selling their borrowed shares, to others that are covering..

How much genuine share volume, is being sold at these levels?

Overseas markets not looking flash again, so it will be interesting to see what they can do, but again, will there be retail selling, to any extent?

Less than a week, until the new financial year too (business days).

We have to be on the cusp of a significant announcement, surely?
That's the spark, we really need 😉

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Yak52

Regular

EXCELLENT SPOTTING ........cosors! NVISO using the Continental Press Release pic for there own NVISO Press Release (todays webinar) solidifies Akida & Brainchip being part of this with Continental.
Better still this was a Press release from Continental 12 months ago in which they state.......... they have received their FIRST major order for a pillar-to-pillar display in a production vehicle from a global vehicle manufacturer.
And NVISO would not use that Continental image in a NVISO Press release without authorization from Continental and that would only be given to a Partner/Supplier. (remember the Merc/BRN pic)
(can anyone please confirm/link Continental & NVISO ??)

Is this order in production yet or even produced and waiting for NVISO/AKIDA inclusion? Royalties could be already in play if not soon!
One thing stands out if Continental are using NVISO/AKIDA in their products and they have orders already then BRAINCHIP/AKIDA will be in Production vehicles very soon if not already!

Yak52 :cool:;)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Reactions: 9 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Yak52

Regular
Yeah, it's really hard to say where they're at, as to how many they've actually sold, but if you consider the relative stability and strength of the share price, at these levels..
It certainly looks like a bit of an act of desperation, indicating, that the previous lots have been sold.

For all we know, a large amount of the volume, may be shorters selling their borrowed shares, to others that are covering..

How much genuine share volume, is being sold at these levels?

Overseas markets not looking flash again, so it will be interesting to see what they can do, but again, will there be retail selling, to any extent?

Less than a week, until the new financial year too (business days).

We have to be on the cusp of a significant announcement, surely?
That's the spark, we really need 😉

Yes desperation was definitely on the cards for them. Having taken out the first block of Shorts on Friday 17 expecting the SP to drop and instead it shot up would have unnerved them.
Taking the second block out on the Monday (20th) and trying to push the SP down unsuccessfully made them desperate enough to go for another block on Tuesday (21st) which also appears to have failed to drive the SP down enough!
Big question is did they get another block of Shorts today Wednesday (22nd) and feed it into the Market as well?
Data tomorrow arvo will answer that question.

What a surprise it must have been when our SP shot up on entering the ASX 200 instead of dumping like the other 3 companies also included in the ASX 200 did.

Yak52 :cool:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

mrgds

Regular
Having a memory brain fart but what's the game where you move playing tennis/basketball etc using paddles against someone and it's reflected on a screen? Was thinking if Akida can process 1000 FPS it would make the game more responsive/life like.
Do you mean that really "smelly game" .................. "PONG" ?

Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I need to listen again but my feeling is MegaChips featured more strongly than I was expecting.

Probably wrong but I think MegaChips is likely close to embedding AKIDA somewhere that Nviso can be used.

Again could an interactive Nintendo game that responded to facial expressions and hand gestures have appeal.

Then perhaps a Sony camera for driver alertness monitoring.

As I said need to listen again.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes. he did mention MegaChips designing Akida into hardware for third parties and running nViso software on the hardware.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Dhm

Regular
Great Sony Video

Imaging & Sensing​

Unlocking the potential of imaging and sensing technology with AI to unveil new opportunities

Our Approach​

We are working on combining industry leading sensor technologies developed at Sony Semiconductor Solutions with new machine learning methods and robotic actuators. By developing novel learning and control algorithms, while also evolving the computing hardware to handle the sensor data in optimal ways, we will discover and explore the full potential of Sony’s sensor technologies and sensor-based solutions.We believe that the resulting systems will open up applications for imaging and sensing technology in areas that no one has imagined before.

Thank you for this video @TechGirl
I have emailed Sony AI about their Imaging and Sensing Project, and will report back.
However if Sony AI have a NDA with us I doubt that they will reply. But, never say never.
3F76CBA2-EF95-4BA2-AD12-3190D2B617D8.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
what do our 1000 eyes think?
Does cerence works together with our KI from brainchip?

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Doz

Regular
Hi DB...........my thoughts also! Including all Shorts since Fridays 11.3 Mil the total is 18.4 million SHORTs they have acquired. Looking at the ASX data for Monday 20th June its getting hard to define if they have "closed or covered" their Shorts or its that extra large Short (50 Million) taken out after the AGM around Thursday /Friday (26/27 May) (sorry I cannot confirm, I do not have any data for these 2 days).

Below is a JPEG showing the 25 May Total of 38.4 Mil /29.7 Covered position and then on Tuesday 31 May it has jumped up significantly to
88.1 Mil Total / 61.1 Mil Covered numbers. Somewhere between the AGM and Tuesday 31st May another 50 Million Shorts got added !

Now after all the Shorts added since last Friday 17 June, Monday 20th & Tuesday 21st June its hard to follow whats been closed or not.

The Bottom JPEG shows the Monday 20th June Shorts. Note the Total has gone up but Covered has actually dropped. Anyones guess which lot has been "Covered/Closed".
Of note is that I believe the 50 Million Shorts taken out AFTER the AGM were done by a Major Insto and not our local "favorite" Bandits.
SP since Friday suggests that they have not been closed out probably UNLESS.........they have got nervous and bought back at a "higher" SP making them a loosing trade.
The repeated Shorts taken out on Monday 3.3 Mil and Tuesday 3.8 Mil suggest strongly they have been trying desperately to drive the price down with more Shorts to get all the trades in the money without much success!

One other tactic that could be played is this. You do not have to "Sell" immediately the Shorts {borrowed stock) so its possible to hold onto them in this situation (SP WON"T GO DOWN - HELP) and wait for a very high top out perhaps after an Announcement then Sell @top and replace/close trades after a significant drop back down. No telling how long you might have to wait though. Possibly what those 50 mil (Shorts) is destined for.

View attachment 9880

View attachment 9881

Yak52

“ Thursday /Friday (26/27 May) (sorry I cannot confirm, I do not have any data for these 2 days). “

Yak , missing info below

26 May 85,730,073 Gross / 68,197,586 Net 3.98%
27 May 93,137,091 Gross / 68,690,167 Net 4.01%
30 May 85,943,406 Gross / 58,786,482 Net 3.43%

PS , the data you have on the 25 May is the loaned information and not the borrowed / 57,504,661 G / 48,803,692 N 2.85%

Doz

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
nice to read
"Time to do a shoutout to our Mercedes-Benz AG #software team in Bengalaru, India! The colleagues have successfully simulated the range of the EQXX. Our vision car reached 1,000 kilometres with only one charge back in April."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Dhm

Regular
I Remember hearing about this on the national news
Fell through huh, wonder who could help

• ResApp Health (RAP) has plunged into the red after inadequate test results for its COVID-19 detection app shaved $53 million off of a takeover bid from Pfizer
  • An independent confirmation study for RAP’s smartphone-based COVID-19 identification technology showed “significantly lower” results than a previous study in March
  • Pfizer had offered to pay 20.7 cents per share for control of ResApp if the latest results were on par with the March results, but the biotech giant will now offer 14.6 cents
  • This effectively lowers the value of the Pfizer deal from $180 million to $127 million given the test results came in below the threshold of the higher Pfizer offer
  • ResApp is down 24.57 per cent and trading at 13 cents per share at 1:15 pm AEST.
I hold this company and am somewhat gutted by this news. There is so much to like about them, but they always seem to stumble approaching the finish line. There is more to play out with them though and their tech is strong in diagnosing other respiratory diseases.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Interesting video and only a couple of minutes long.

They have reduced the labelling of 1 hour of driving video to 50 hours which is very impressive until you realise that Tesla has somewhere in the order of 3 billion miles of driving video.

To make it easy this means for every billion miles travelled at 100 kph you would generate 10 million hours of video which times 50 hours becomes 500 million hours of labelling that needs to take place. At 3 billion miles this becomes 1.5 billion hours. It is easy to see why some think this is unsustainable.

What we really need is one shot and incremental learning on device I wish someone would invent it.

If the maths is wrong it was Blind Freddie otherwise
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
"They have reduced the labelling of 1 hour of driving video to 50 hours"

Well at least it shouldn't cost them too much, 100s or 1000s of people, labelling images, in cheap labour countries..

What's the worst that could happen?...

_20220623_002813.JPG

Not meant to offend anyone..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Have to make some time to catch up on post reading especially as saw the Nviso vid to view. Thanks for posting, Tech I think?

Just reading a couple year old interesting article on Sony and Samsung image sensors & neuromorphic. Might notice a familiar name with Sony plus a few others in the infographics we know haha

Is around the Yole report at the time and liked the second infographics having a lone SNN standout at the time ;)

Interesting where it's all at now....a couple years later.

December 12, 2019

The race between Sony and Samsung for neuromorphic image sensors is heating up

Last September, Yole published a market and technology analysis named “Neuromorphic Sensing & Computing 2019”. It ambitiously looked at the immediate and long-term potential of neuromorphic “event based” image sensors and AI computing chips. Based on our analysis, we forecast that neuromorphic semiconductors, sensing and computing will become a $7.1B market by 2029. And here’s a short look at what happened in this area in recent weeks.

1655911728107.png

The two CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) giants Sony and Samsung have revealed some of their neuromorphic image sensor strategy. It all started on the 28th of October when Prophesee, the neuromorphic vision startup, announced that it had raised an additional $28M, bringing its total funding to $68M. Then, at the beginning of November 2019 we learned that Samsung had filed a trademark application for ISOCELL-Motion, number WIPO 88676829, for its Dynamic Vision Sensor (DVS) technology intended for mobile and tablet applications. This was a surprise, since Samsung had originally marketed DVS mainly for automotive advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). In early December 2019 we learned that Prophesee and Sony would give a joint presentation at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference in San Francisco in February 2020, about an “event based” image sensor. This was a surprise too, because Prophesee has been developing its own image sensors so far. Therefore such an alliance is a sign of great interest in the neuromorphic sensing topic. And now, we have learned that the team at Insightness, another “event-based” image sensor startup from Zurich, Switzerland, has silently joined Sony.

1655911775953.png

This is a similar move to what Sony did in 2015 when it acquired Softkinetic for its 3D Time-Of-Flight (ToF) image sensors, which are now such a success in the Huawei P30 Pro and Samsung S10 5G. Sony can manage both internal and external growth with great prowess. Samsung, by contrast, relies mostly on internal growth, but as most of its DVS R&D is done in Tel Aviv, Israel, it has a similarly worldwide footprint.

We emphasize again that Sony and Samsung are the two largest CIS players. Their visible interest in neuromorphic image sensors is a sign we could get them in our smartphones soon. Remember that event-based sensors can already be found in some industrial applications. Before seeing those sensors in our pockets, we will ensure to keep you updated on a regular basis.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Perhaps

Regular
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

cosors

👀
Hi DB...........my thoughts also! Including all Shorts since Fridays 11.3 Mil the total is 18.4 million SHORTs they have acquired. Looking at the ASX data for Monday 20th June its getting hard to define if they have "closed or covered" their Shorts or its that extra large Short (50 Million) taken out after the AGM around Thursday /Friday (26/27 May) (sorry I cannot confirm, I do not have any data for these 2 days).

88.1 Mil Total / 61.1 Mil Covered numbers. Somewhere between the AGM and Tuesday 31st May another 50 Million Shorts got added !

The Bottom JPEG shows the Monday 20th June Shorts. Note the Total has gone up but Covered has actually dropped. Anyones guess which lot has been "Covered/Closed".
The repeated Shorts taken out on Monday 3.3 Mil and Tuesday 3.8 Mil suggest strongly they have been trying desperately to drive the price down with more Shorts to get all the trades in the money without much success!

One other tactic that could be played is this. You do not have to "Sell" immediately the Shorts {borrowed stock) so its possible to hold onto them in this situation (SP WON"T GO DOWN - HELP) and wait for a very high top out perhaps after an Announcement then Sell @top and replace/close trades after a significant drop back down. No telling how long you might have to wait though. Possibly what those 50 mil (Shorts) is destined for.

View attachment 9880

View attachment 9881

Yak52
I find your posts very interesting and insightful, I learn a lot. I would like to thank you for this once especially!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

cosors

👀
Well butter me up like a bit of bread and sprinkle on some hundreds & thousands, those two nags look similar to me 😉
1655926478222.png

I think not ;):cry:😂

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Quiltman

Regular
All this excitement about NVISO we had best not forget MOSCHIP in the race to be the first across the line with a commercial product.
A new appointment announced today with a focus on the execution of programs around Edge AI.

Santa Clara & Hyderabad – June 22, 2022 – MosChip Technologies, a semiconductor and system design services, and IP company, announced today that DVR Murthy has joined as “Vice President of Strategic Initiatives”. Mr. DVR will lead the execution of MosChip’s strategic programs for SerDes IP, ASIC platforms for RISC-V and Edge Artificial Intelligence ( AI ), and other emerging technologies. MosChip has over a twenty-year track record in designing semiconductor IP, products, and SoCs for IoT, networking, storage, and consumer applications.

“MosChip is very well positioned to address the emerging markets in semiconductor and system design,” said Mr. DVR. “MosChip’s analog / mixed-signal IP design capability, high-speed serial interfaces IP portfolio with proven RTL to Silicon, and system bring-up expertise is perfectly positioned to take advantage of the growing need of system-optimized solutions/services for Edge AI ASICs.

Mr. DVR has broad experience in the electronics industry with a specific focus on the Semiconductor industry for 25+ years. Mr. DVR has demonstrated expertise in all areas of SoC and IP development, System Architecture, Product and Services Development, and Innovation management.

“We are pleased to add Mr. DVR to our executive team to further expand our solution offerings for MosChip’s long-term growth,” said Mr. Venkata Simhadri, MD/ CEO of MosChip. “DVR Murthy’s proven domain knowledge in AMS IP development process, Interface IP protocols, System bus architectures, and Processors will be instrumental in expanding our IP and ASIC platform offerings.”

Mr. DVR is a B.E graduate in Electronics and Communications Engineering from Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam, India.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom