BRN Discussion Ongoing

This is new from Valeo. More about electrification than adas but hopefully we’ll get a gurnsey!

Valeo, Atul and Honda join hands to accelerate three wheelers electrification in India​

Valeo, Atul Greentech Private Limited, the electric three-wheeler manufacturer, and Honda Powerpack Energy Private Limited, the swappable battery service provider, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), through which Valeo will provide the electric powertrains and powertrain control unit for Atul's electric three-wheelers to work with Honda’s swappable battery solution.

Valeo will provide its 48V integrated compact electric powertrain system along with the Powertrain Control Unit for Atul’s upcoming cargo and passenger three-wheeler that is to be launched in India soon. In addition, Valeo’s engineers will provide the technology integration support to help Atul go to market quickly with Honda’s swappable battery.
Valeo, a pioneer and world leader in 48V affordable systems, launched in 2020 a fully integrated compact 48V electric powertrain system in India to aid affordable electrification for small mobility vehicles –two- and three-wheelers, that are extensively used for first- and last-mile connectivity in the country.

Commenting on the partnership, Mr. Jayakumar G, Group President and Managing Director, Valeo India, said, “This tri-party engagement between Atul Greentech Private Limted, Honda Powerpack Energy Private Limited and Valeo brings domain expertise together to accelerate three-wheeler electrification in both passenger and cargo segments. Valeo’s advanced CO2-reducing technologies, strong engineering and local manufacturing expertise will help strengthen our partnership in the fast-growing Indian market and other markets.
Valeo has the full spectrum of electric powertrain systems, from low to high voltage. Its technologies power from two- and three-wheel urban vehicles to premium sedans and SUVs. In India, Valeo produces electric powertrain units at its manufacturing facility in Pune, Maharashtra.
About Valeo India: Present in India since 1997, Valeo has developed a very strong footprint in the country over the last 20 years. Valeo today has eight Production Sites, one global R&D center, five Distribution Platforms and a Front Office to serve clients. Valeo employs 6,000 + people in India, of which nearly 50% are engineers.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Don’t forget the NVISO webinar tomorrow, they will be doing a live demo using Akida and will also be taking questions, so get your questions ready.

It’s at 7pm Sydney time (AEST)
Here’s the link for those who haven’t registered-

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users

Zedjack33

Regular
Reactions: 7 users

chapman89

Founding Member
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi @hotty4040
Historically if we start with IBM's True North they never intended on taking it to the edge it was about trying to develop AGI in the form of a super computer much the same as the idea being pursued with SpinNaker in Europe. So while it is listed as a competitor Brainchip sensibly positioned itself in a space where they would not be confronting IBM's mite in the market place. IBM has always had a relationship in consequence with Universities and engages in cross over research as a matter of course.

Now moving on to Intel and Loihi. As initially disclosed years ago now it ran up against two things with Brainchip the first being that Peter van der Made jumped on a plane and took an exclusive licence to the JAST learning rules before Intel and as a result when Intel's patent came up against Brainchip's patent they were forced to go around.

The problem with this is as I have said many times is the shortest distance between two points (pure mathematicians need not argue the contrary position for the purpose of this analogy ie I do know the Earth is curved) is a straight line and Peter van der Made had made the straight line Brainchip's all the way to convolutional spiking neuromorphic computing.

Intel's solution to the straight line was to endow any university in the world prepared to undertake research using Loihi in an attempt to create a second straight line and to date has not done so and in fact so convoluted is the line that Loihi takes Intel in fact has endowed universities to set up courses that train student engineers and computer scientists in the language of Loihi.

While Intel was trying to create the new straight line to neuromorphic computing using SNN Peter van der Made and Brainchip remained in deep stealth mode and had very limited interaction with the university research community for the purpose of maintaining strict control over its intellectual property.

It was for these reasons that Intel and IBM are cited in many research papers and Brainchip and AKIDA have been ignored. Brainchip was pursuing a course that did not need outside researchers and the risk of intellectual property being stolen.

This year however as you know Brainchip came out of stealth and declared itself fully commercial and in the same breath opened up AKIDA to researchers in universities around the world confident that it had patent protected the straight line that Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar had reserved all the way to artificial general intelligence.

In consequence by the process of AKIDA saturating the market and becoming the default standard, universities will obviously embrace AKIDA technology if for no other reason than as the default standard this is going to be where all the jobs are and students will want to study courses that lead to jobs not further research except in the minority of cases.

Intel over all will probably move to AKIDA as it has a whole new approach to what its primary direction should be and it involves foundries and the people now at the top of Intel were not there when the Loihi project was commenced and have no professional or intellectual stake in it being a success.

The beauty of Brainchip's AKIDA is that you do not need to have studied a specific course to use it thanks to the Meta TF software solution from Brainchip so the fact that they have not been in universities is no impediment to its adoption.

As universities now start to experiment with it they will act as advertisements for AKIDA technologies amazing advantages but they will lag well behind the commercial adopters the names of which you already well know. And yes AKIDA could well displace Intel in this area of university research.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

"Peter van der Made jumped on a plane and took an exclusive licence to the JAST learning rules before Intel and as a result when Intel's patent came up against Brainchip's patent they were forced to go around."

PvdM also jumped on a plane to Greece to get an exclusive licence for SNN security software. Maybe implementations of that will be in permanent stealth mode because of its intrinsic nature.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

Galaxycar

Regular
What is on with all the small under 5k unit trades in the after hours auction absolutely hundreds of them??

Reactions: 3 users

M_C

Founding Member
Valeo working with Honda

Screenshot_20220621-195802_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
I just returned from Mount Sinai and the lord said unto me, a faithful BRN investor will be richly blessed.

Did he mention anything about upcoming announcements?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

Mws

Regular
Depending on how often they report I would imagine.
So if they do quarterly reporting, which mostly do, they could buy before their report?

It's only my speculation, I've been looking for this info since the news came, but only could find general information from the US markets, which basically says they spread it over a "few weeks" for the stock deletion and addition.

Edit: If anyone holds funds such as A200 (Betashares), you could contact the fund directly and ask this question? I haven't held an index fund for a few years now, so I can't help 😔
I used to but I sold them to buy more BRN. True story

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

RobjHunt

Regular
So that makes it 100% green since inception 😉👌

PANTENE PEEPS

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Looks like MegaChips are friends with DENSO.

Wanted to keep in relevant thread, so if you want to Ogre me, please go to :

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Mws

Regular
I just returned from Mount Sinai and the lord said unto me, a faithful BRN investor will be richly blessed.
Me being agnostic, it’s a bit deep but I still like it👍

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Tony Coles

Regular
Computers you say - how would that work?
Hi @hotty4040
Historically if we start with IBM's True North they never intended on taking it to the edge it was about trying to develop AGI in the form of a super computer much the same as the idea being pursued with SpinNaker in Europe. So while it is listed as a competitor Brainchip sensibly positioned itself in a space where they would not be confronting IBM's mite in the market place. IBM has always had a relationship in consequence with Universities and engages in cross over research as a matter of course.

Now moving on to Intel and Loihi. As initially disclosed years ago now it ran up against two things with Brainchip the first being that Peter van der Made jumped on a plane and took an exclusive licence to the JAST learning rules before Intel and as a result when Intel's patent came up against Brainchip's patent they were forced to go around.

The problem with this is as I have said many times is the shortest distance between two points (pure mathematicians need not argue the contrary position for the purpose of this analogy ie I do know the Earth is curved) is a straight line and Peter van der Made had made the straight line Brainchip's all the way to convolutional spiking neuromorphic computing.

Intel's solution to the straight line was to endow any university in the world prepared to undertake research using Loihi in an attempt to create a second straight line and to date has not done so and in fact so convoluted is the line that Loihi takes Intel in fact has endowed universities to set up courses that train student engineers and computer scientists in the language of Loihi.

While Intel was trying to create the new straight line to neuromorphic computing using SNN Peter van der Made and Brainchip remained in deep stealth mode and had very limited interaction with the university research community for the purpose of maintaining strict control over its intellectual property.

It was for these reasons that Intel and IBM are cited in many research papers and Brainchip and AKIDA have been ignored. Brainchip was pursuing a course that did not need outside researchers and the risk of intellectual property being stolen.

This year however as you know Brainchip came out of stealth and declared itself fully commercial and in the same breath opened up AKIDA to researchers in universities around the world confident that it had patent protected the straight line that Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar had reserved all the way to artificial general intelligence.

In consequence by the process of AKIDA saturating the market and becoming the default standard, universities will obviously embrace AKIDA technology if for no other reason than as the default standard this is going to be where all the jobs are and students will want to study courses that lead to jobs not further research except in the minority of cases.

Intel over all will probably move to AKIDA as it has a whole new approach to what its primary direction should be and it involves foundries and the people now at the top of Intel were not there when the Loihi project was commenced and have no professional or intellectual stake in it being a success.

The beauty of Brainchip's AKIDA is that you do not need to have studied a specific course to use it thanks to the Meta TF software solution from Brainchip so the fact that they have not been in universities is no impediment to its adoption.

As universities now start to experiment with it they will act as advertisements for AKIDA technologies amazing advantages but they will lag well behind the commercial adopters the names of which you already well know. And yes AKIDA could well displace Intel in this area of university research.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Im really sorry about this Fact Finder, I’m putting you on ignore! Just to let you know that it was your posts that i read in HC a couple of years ago that made me decide to invest in our BrainChip company. “ so great full for that “ The reason i put you on ignore is because the post that you put out and the information you share and research with us chippers, just makes me want to buy more shares, so going on ignore until 2025… 🥹 good luck in your investment! 🥸

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Just a reminder that these numbers are not made up by me they come directly from the Pitt Street Research report commissioned by Brainchip and published to shareholders by the company:

“These royalties are usually a percentage of the customer’s revenue from sales and typically range from 2% to 15%, again depending on the intended application areas, the amount of IP used and expected production volumes.”

No opinion that’s “ just the way it is” so DYOR and plagiarising of popular song lyrics.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

❤️

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Im really sorry about this Fact Finder, I’m putting you on ignore! Just to let you know that it was your posts that i read in HC a couple of years ago that made me decide to invest in our BrainChip company. “ so great full for that “ The reason i put you on ignore is because the post that you put out and the information you share and research with us chippers, just makes me want to buy more shares, so going on ignore until 2025… 🥹 good luck in your investment! 🥸
Hi Tony,

Cheer for the post. That's make me laugh 😁

Learning.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Bravo your volunteering work has no boundaries, exceptional and greatly appreciated.

It prefers Nvidia in ADAS space. The bank sees stocks as a key holding for any growth portfolio and autos as a “rich playground” for the company. It also sees “plenty of opportunities” for the company to replicate partnerships with Mercedes and Jaguar Land Rover and...
French automaker Valeo is another stock that UBS prefers. It believes that the company is one of the best auto suppliers in the market to increase its market share in EV Powertrain.

From memory Rob had mentioned Nvidia, not to be viewed as a competitor, not that I think their are any left😁.

Any LinkedIn activity between BRN & Nvidia ? Have any of the 1000 eyes got any recollection or posts saved. Maybe MC or TLS.

Edge Compute.
Thanks @Build-it, so kind of you and very much appreciated!

Posters such as MC and others have plenty of info to share regarding NVIDIA.

The way I personally look at it may seem a little simplistic, in that nowadays anytime I see the word ECOSYSTEM mentioned in respect of edge computing, I automatically insert AKIDA into the equation.

After all UBIQUITOUS means it's going to be everywhere and I have no doubt it will be.

B x

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Frodolfo

Hello, how many employees does BRN currently have?

VictorG

Hello, how many employees does BRN currently have?
Approx 100 employees internally and 30,000 externally if you count all the partners and licencees doing the heavy lifting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

60E0D3D9-1474-43FB-8500-CA4B6A701618.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users
Top Bottom