BRN Discussion Ongoing

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
My flux capacitor can’t cope if the return is 15% on IP!
Great Scot! 😂😂
Neither can my heart

Shocked Oh No GIF by Kinda Funny

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Please correct me if I'm wrong here. Looking at the above figures for the sensor market at $34.1bn by 2028. Who will take what share of that market, sensor manufacturers, chip manufacturers, Sensor and chip IP, AI IP. Is a 1% share realisitic.
Somebody suggested that the IP revenue is somewhere between 2 and 5% of the price of the item (chip or sensor). For my income figures, I will go with 3% and Brainchip has a 50% market coverage. (Both figures are conservative).
This gives a potential revenue of ca $510m.
At 2% - $340m, 50% market share
At 5% - $850m, 50% market share

Given we are the only commercial IP that is proven right now then the 50% market share is very probably light.

Does this make sense?

If this is correct and we go with FF's figures above for all markets - $5bn in revenue at 80% profit (LDN said 97%) gives a $4bn profit in 2028.
At a PE of 20 it gives an $80bn MC. Given current shares on issue (1.8bn) = $44+ share price.
If figures are in US dollars then do your own sums for AUD share price!
All rough calcs
That is freakin scary!!!

PS. Loved the fact Graimatter were pissed they had missed out on Prophesee, as per the tweets earlier!
On Graimatter I was reminded of the parable of the Fox and the Grapes after reading his comment.

Perhaps he is letting his backers/ investors know that they could have had a deal but it was not right at the time and so Prophesee partnering with Brainchip says nothing about his technology being inferior.

I wonder if they have other design losses where Brainchip is concerned.

As sensor fusion is the future AKIDA has a significant lead covering all five human senses plus LiDAR, radar and ultrasound.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Hi @Lex555

This is the paragraph from the Pitt Street Research Report referring to royalties:

Royalties:
We believe the most lucrative future revenue stream for the company will be royalties paid by customers for each product they sell that includes Akida IP.

These royalties are usually a percentage of the customer’s revenue from sales and typically range from 2% to 15%, again depending on the intended application areas, the amount of IP used and expected production volumes.

Notably, royalty percentages also depend on the uniqueness of the IP that is being licensed.

As the specifications and features of Akida are quite unique vs. other technologies, including Intel’s Loihi and IBM’s TrueNorth, this may help the company charge higher-than-average royalty percentages for Akida.

Other royalty revenue models simply use a fixed dollar amount per chip sold. This is a preferred model for many high-volume production companies, including cell phone manufacturers“

My opinion only but I think the unique nature and three year lead should see an at least 5% percentage being achieved.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Just a reminder that these numbers are not made up by me they come directly from the Pitt Street Research report commissioned by Brainchip and published to shareholders by the company:

“These royalties are usually a percentage of the customer’s revenue from sales and typically range from 2% to 15%, again depending on the intended application areas, the amount of IP used and expected production volumes.”

No opinion that’s “ just the way it is” so DYOR and plagiarising of popular song lyrics.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Newk R

Regular
Venkman, where do these shares go?

They go up!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
So far BRN has traded just below 7 million shares on ASX.
That's from 1000 to 1255hrs.
Remember those days when BRN was trading 7 million in the first 30 minutes?

There's hardly any shares for sale.
Some of those index funds imo are still buying or waiting to buy, and there'll come a time when they will HAVE to buy, and not enough shares left.

Tide is slowing starting to turn, and few more people have started to see the name of Brainchip pop up with the recent ASX200 inclusion.

I might also add, once the revenue figures starting to flow, the PE ratios for tech companies are rather high.

As FF says, make a plan, write it down in your diary, so when adrenaline is rushing through your system, you can still make reasonable decisions based on own personal financial situations.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

Some of those index funds imo are still buying or waiting to buy, and there'll come a time when they will HAVE to buy, and not enough shares left.

Tide is slowing starting to turn, and few more people have started to see the name of Brainchip pop up with the recent ASX200 inclusion.

I might also add, once the revenue figures starting to flow, the PE ratios for tech companies are rather high.

As FF says, make a plan, write it down in your diary, so when adrenaline is rushing through your system, you can still make reasonable decisions based on own personal financial situations.
On the subject of having a plan the wisdom of the ages found in the parable of the Mustard Seed is to be taken note of and possibly applied to Brainchip.

Parables have moral or religious beginnings but still exist today not because of religion or historical morality but because they encapsulated an idea which has held true for in some cases thousands of years.

Take HC had it heeded the parable of the ‘boy who cried wolf’, The Stock Exchange would not now exist.

To some parables are for children or too tied up with religion but in reality they are lessons in commonsense, logic and why bad behaviour or lack of fortitude will be rewarded with failure.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

SiDEvans

Regular

Does anyone know if the insto's have a buy window by which time they have to have acquired the necessary holdings in a new ASX200 listing? ie do they need their portion of BRN in a week, end of month, etc?

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.

Afternoon BaconLover,

Just clicked on your avatar picture & saw Warren Buffets picture, made me smile.

On the news today, an anonymous bidder shelled out $19,000,000.00 for a private lunch with Warren Buffet at a steakhouse in New York , with the funds going to help a homeless charity in San Francisco.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Does anyone know if the insto's have a buy window by which time they have to have acquired the necessary holdings in a new ASX200 listing? ie do they need their portion of BRN in a week, end of month, etc?
Depending on how often they report I would imagine.
So if they do quarterly reporting, which mostly do, they could buy before their report?

It's only my speculation, I've been looking for this info since the news came, but only could find general information from the US markets, which basically says they spread it over a "few weeks" for the stock deletion and addition.

Edit: If anyone holds funds such as A200 (Betashares), you could contact the fund directly and ask this question? I haven't held an index fund for a few years now, so I can't help 😔

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Quiltman

Regular
My opinion dyor.

People waiting for the revenue to kick in first dont realise that the SP wont be cheap then and have to pay the premium whihc could lot more it could be x3 ,x5 or x10 who knows.

How to value in future potential as well.

By 2025 with revenue flowing, the genius of Peter van der Made will have been proven beyond doubt. Anyone listening to the 2013 podcast will be gobsmacked at the 10 - 15 year vision, and the ability to translate this vison into a commercial behemoth. I think of comparison to the likes of Bill Gates, Elon Musk or Steve Jobs.
And while we are all getting excited about 2023 thru 2025, I have no doubt Peter has envisioned 2030 & beyond, and what BrainChip needs to have morphed into to become an even bigger behemoth.
And the market, with a track record of success behind BrainChip & listed on the NASDAQ, will be trying to price this in, over and above PE ratio and a 2 year sale forecast.

Truly, IMO, DYOR, but this is going to be one hell of a ride !

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

ndefries

Regular
Depending on how often they report I would imagine.
So if they do quarterly reporting, which mostly do, they could buy before their report?

It's only my speculation, I've been looking for this info since the news came, but only could find general information from the US markets, which basically says they spread it over a "few weeks" for the stock deletion and addition.

Edit: If anyone holds funds such as A200 (Betashares), you could contact the fund directly and ask this question? I haven't held an index fund for a few years now, so I can't help 😔
I think they just promote that their returns will match the ASX200 so they need to have proportionate allocations in all entities in it. BRN will be such a small percentage of ASX200 that they can live without it for a while and not risk deviating from the index returns. They wont do that out of spite it will just be on their to do list to get some BRN. They probable recognise everyone buying all at once creates an inflated price so they may set one month to be balanced again etc.

Reactions: 16 users

TECH

Regular
A year or so ago, we had the group known is the "Pretenders", and no, I'm not referring to Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders. :ROFLMAO:

Pretending to sell, Pretending that Brainchip was a fake, Pretending that Brainchip was a lifestyle company.....meanwhile Buying and Buying up Brainchip stock from unexpecting, unresearched, time poor investors.

Pretending to have a revolutionary, ground-breaking technology was never, ever what Brainchip was about, so trying to bad mouth our company, trying to undermine the brilliance of the technology just won't work....and now we move onto the present.

Don't give up your shares, "we have what they want"....the pretence is well and truly over....the game's well and truly up ! :mad:

BRAINCHIP IS 100% REAL....BRAINCHIP IS AND WILL BE FOR SOMETIME INTO THE FUTURE....

THE CENTRE OF GRAVITY, ATTRACTING MANY MAJOR COMPANIES ALONG THE WAY.

My opinion only, you may disagree, and that's 100% fine with me.

Tech :geek:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 69 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
My office window today. Stopped for a nature break😉 and although the scenery this time of year is just magic my mind is constantly turning to thoughts of BRN. Yes I am an addict.
My Office window.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 57 users

Yak52

Regular
A year or so ago, we had the group known is the "Pretenders", and no, I'm not referring to Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders. :ROFLMAO:

Pretending to sell, Pretending that Brainchip was a fake, Pretending that Brainchip was a lifestyle company.....meanwhile Buying and Buying up Brainchip stock from unexpecting, unresearched, time poor investors.

Pretending to have a revolutionary, ground-breaking technology was never, ever what Brainchip was about, so trying to bad mouth our company, trying to undermine the brilliance of the technology just won't work....and now we move onto the present.

Don't give up your shares, "we have what they want"....the pretence is well and truly over....the game's well and truly up ! :mad:

BRAINCHIP IS 100% REAL....BRAINCHIP IS AND WILL BE FOR SOMETIME INTO THE FUTURE....

Hi Tech.
That group "the pretenders" from a year ago are probably the same group consisting of the consortium of TMH, HC & MF and "that" small time Broker which ended up giving us the reason to abandon that crapper place.
They were "Shorting" in a major way while doing the negative stuff.

They seem to still be around as I am nearly 100% sure they are the same mob who was Shorting BRN with 13 Mil and 6.5Mil Short Day trades last month and early June.

I am pretty sure they are the ones who took out 11 mil shorts last Friday expecting the market to drop on Monday! But it did not and as they had sold into the end of Friday "buy up" they were/are facing a loss so far. Burn bastards!
Yesterday 3.1 Mil additional Shorts were taken out probably to try to drive the SP down below 86c mark (breakeven).
This has FAILED also so they now have 16.5 mil Shorts at aprox 86c & 91.5c respectively.
TODAY trading has shown again like yesterday (Mon) that someone is trying to sell down BRN SP and they have largely been totally unsuccessful with this dip from 1.30pm probably a THIRD attempt with yet more shorts to drive the SP down.
There is definately some Insto BUY action and accumulation going on since Monday and it is consistently supporting and slowly bringing the SP up and so far destroying the hopes of these Short trades to become positive trades instead of loosing trades!
The "Short" action is only very small in Volume so far and probably run out of steam already.

Tomorrow afternoon we will see if any "new" Shorts were added today.

Yak52 :cool:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 69 users

Baisyet

Regular
This Mob you mean Yak

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-21 153533.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-21 153533.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Hi Tech.
That group "the pretenders" from a year ago are probably the same group consisting of the consortium of TMH, HC & MF and "that" small time Broker which ended up giving us the reason to abandon that crapper place.
They were "Shorting" in a major way while doing the negative stuff.

They seem to still be around as I am nearly 100% sure they are the same mob who was Shorting BRN with 13 Mil and 6.5Mil Short Day trades last month and early June.

I am pretty sure they are the ones who took out 11 mil shorts last Friday expecting the market to drop on Monday! But it did not and as they had sold into the end of Friday "buy up" they were/are facing a loss so far. Burn bastards!
Yesterday 3.1 Mil additional Shorts were taken out probably to try to drive the SP down below 86c mark (breakeven).
This has FAILED also so they now have 16.5 mil Shorts at aprox 86c & 91.5c respectively.
TODAY trading has shown again like yesterday (Mon) that someone is trying to sell down BRN SP and they have largely been totally unsuccessful with this dip from 1.30pm probably a THIRD attempt with yet more shorts to drive the SP down.
There is definately some Insto BUY action and accumulation going on since Monday and it is consistently supporting and slowly bringing the SP up and so far destroying the hopes of these Short trades to become positive trades instead of loosing trades!
The "Short" action is only very small in Volume so far and probably run out of steam already.

Tomorrow afternoon we will see if any "new" Shorts were added today.

Yak52 :cool:
If those shorting pests are stuck at 86 cents, I might buy another 1000 shares, just to make their life a little more miserable. Every bit counts.

Nothing like the smell of a shorty's burnt azze.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 41 users
I was just musing over on Edge Impulses web site and came across the following:

ecosystem​

Benefit from access and integrations to the leading hardware partner ecosystem from MCUs to MPUs and GPUs including acceleration.
61bb4b0c91ca5b4276535711_logos%2001.png

Then I thought about MegaChips and how apart from Nintendo it has had a long term relationship with Sony.

Then I thought about Prophesee and Sony.

Then I thought about at @Bravo reminding us of the references to Sony by Brainchip back in 2019 by the former CEO Mr. Dinardo.

Then I thought about Renesas and Sony.

Then I thought about the long relationship between Sony and ARM.

Then I thought about how Sony was presenting its own EV at the same show that Mercedes was revealing the EQXX and lauding Brainchip as Ai experts.

Then I thought Sony is actually surrounded and it would clearly know who Brainchip is and will be under pressure from one or all of the above to open a door or two and let Brainchip enter to at least look at what it has to offer.

Then I thought the outcome thereafter seems inevitable.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 71 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Newk R

Regular
How's the action with all the small trades at the end???

Reactions: 2 users

davidfitz

Regular
I was just musing over on Edge Impulses web site and came across the following:

ecosystem​

Benefit from access and integrations to the leading hardware partner ecosystem from MCUs to MPUs and GPUs including acceleration.
61bb4b0c91ca5b4276535711_logos%2001.png

Then I thought about MegaChips and how apart from Nintendo it has had a long term relationship with Sony.

Then I thought about Prophesee and Sony.

Then I thought about at @Bravo reminding us of the references to Sony by Brainchip back in 2019 by the former CEO Mr. Dinardo.

Then I thought about Renesas and Sony.

Then I thought about the long relationship between Sony and ARM.

Then I thought about how Sony was presenting its own EV at the same show that Mercedes was revealing the EQXX and lauding Brainchip as Ai experts.

Then I thought Sony is actually surrounded and it would clearly know who Brainchip is and will be under pressure from one or all of the above to open a door or two and let Brainchip enter to at least look at what it has to offer.

Then I thought the outcome thereafter seems inevitable.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I would be happy with Sony as a partner or using the technology via one of our existing partners.

Sony Says Smartphone Cameras Will Surpass DSLRs Soon​

June 13, 2022

Sony also noted the development in AI processing abilities, which, when paired with dedicated and upgraded hardware, increase video recording quality and advance the frontiers of long-range zoom and multi-frame HDR.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Top Bottom