BRN Discussion Ongoing

hotty4040

Regular
Hi @Lex555

This is the paragraph from the Pitt Street Research Report referring to royalties:

Royalties:
We believe the most lucrative future revenue stream for the company will be royalties paid by customers for each product they sell that includes Akida IP.

These royalties are usually a percentage of the customer’s revenue from sales and typically range from 2% to 15%, again depending on the intended application areas, the amount of IP used and expected production volumes.

Notably, royalty percentages also depend on the uniqueness of the IP that is being licensed.

As the specifications and features of Akida are quite unique vs. other technologies, including Intel’s Loihi and IBM’s TrueNorth, this may help the company charge higher-than-average royalty percentages for Akida.

Other royalty revenue models simply use a fixed dollar amount per chip sold. This is a preferred model for many high-volume production companies, including cell phone manufacturers“

My opinion only but I think the unique nature and three year lead should see an at least 5% percentage being achieved.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi FF, my minds in a bit of a quandary in regard to Intel's ( Loihi ) and IBM's ( TrueNorth ) and there usefulness only as research hardware ?. Are they both still being developed further, and could still be contenders, ( competition ) as they are or could be, ??.

For years it has been stated that these neuromorphic chips won't have any commercial value to fabricate, and sell and are only useful for research purposes. As one notable professor often muttered, ( why is it so ? )

Wouldn't Akida itself be more than useful as a research candidate ( because it's more powerful etc ) than the Intel or IBM offering, particularly as it has much more features, ( useful features ) and is far and away considered more ( state of the art, so to speak ) leading edge than the other 2 offerings.

Also, because the Loihi and TrueNorth processors won't ever be considered worthy of commercialization, ( and only worthy for research purposes ) doesn't this mean that Akida is the front runner both for research and as a commercial ( in the " first to market" sense ) solution.

I must be missing something, the boss ( i.e. she who must be obeyed ) often picks me up on the somethings in life that we come across and the missings of same. ;) It's not unusual. ( to be loved my anyone )

Just thought I'd put this concern ( not a worrying one, hopefully ) out there ( and is not a daft query ) for some comment from all/any of the technical wizkids ( that appear to be in abundance, on these threads ). I'll just sleep better for having this quandary removed from my thought processes for good.

Akida Ballista >>>>> Are we getting there driver ?? and, How soon will we arrive <<<<<

gltah and followers ......

hotty...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

uiux

Regular
Also I contacted the CEO of Prophesee, asked him a question about the partnership with Synsense and if it’s still going or if Brainchip had succeeded Synsense with akida, this was his response, take note, at the bottom of the response he said

“More To Come Soon :)

View attachment 9728

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

gex

Regular
Also I contacted the CEO of Prophesee, asked him a question about the partnership with Synsense and if it’s still going or if Brainchip had succeeded Synsense with akida, this was his response, take note, at the bottom of the response he said

“More To Come Soon :)

View attachment 9728
how did i miss this

Good job jessie

• Love
I would be happy with Sony as a partner or using the technology via one of our existing partners.

Sony Says Smartphone Cameras Will Surpass DSLRs Soon​

June 13, 2022

Sony also noted the development in AI processing abilities, which, when paired with dedicated and upgraded hardware, increase video recording quality and advance the frontiers of long-range zoom and multi-frame HDR.
2024 is a popular year for bringing products making a technology leap to market.

Wonder why?

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

davidfitz

Regular
Cameras may well be a good focus for us! I shutter to think of the possibilities :)

AI-enabled cameras and lidar can improve traffic today and support the AVs of tomorrow​

Upgrading traffic cameras with artificial intelligence can improve performance and prepare for advancements like autonomous vehicles.

Published June 17, 2022

While in-vehicle technology for autonomous vehicles gets substantial attention, service providers and municipalities are just starting to discuss the road infrastructure technology that supports AVs and provides other traffic management benefits.

With advancements in artificial intelligence and 5G network connectivity, smart-road infrastructure technologies offer the promise of improving real-time traffic analytics and tackling the most challenging road safety and traffic management problems when they’re added to roads, bridges and other transit systems across the U.S.

Two technologies at the center of this discussion are AI-enhanced cameras and lidar: light detection and ranging devices.

The U.S. has hundreds of thousands of traffic cameras — millions when you also count closed-circuit TV cameras — used mainly for road monitoring and basic traffic management applications, such as loop emulation. Bringing the latest AI advancements to both cameras and data management systems, these assets can immediately improve basic application performance and unlock more advanced software applications and use cases.

AI and machine learning deliver superior sensing performance over legacy cameras’ computer vision techniques. By using algorithms that can automatically adapt to various lighting and weather conditions, they enable more robust, flexible and accurate detection, tracking and classification of all road users — distinguishing between a driver, pedestrian, and cyclist on or surrounding the road. In addition, their predictive capabilities can better model road-user movements and behaviors and improve road safety. Transportation agencies can immediately benefit from AI-enhanced cameras with applications such as road conflict detection and analysis, pedestrian crossing prediction and infrastructure sensing for AV deployments.

Lidar can provide complementary and sometimes overlapping value with cameras, but in several safety-critical edge cases, such as in heavy rain and snow or when providing more granular classification, our experience has been that cameras still provide superior results. Lidar works better in challenging light conditions and for providing localization data, but today’s lidar technology remains expensive to deploy at scale due to its high unit price and limited field of view. For example, it would take multiple lidar sensors deployed in a single intersection, at a hefty investment, to provide the equivalent information of just one 360-degree AI-enhanced camera, which is a more cost-effective solution.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

jtardif999

Regular
Thanks FF.

Yeah, these companies don't mess around. If something better comes up (ie.Akida), then they're not going to umm & ahh for too long. They're going to jump onboard mighty quick as they definitely don't want to fall behind.

Tough industry to be in. Only 6 months ago Xailient and SynSense believed they had the game changing technology, and now they've possibly been ditched for Brainchip.
And it’s not even falling behind. In the case of Prophesee it’s we have this amazing technology that we have collaborated with Sony to bring to mass production, but we can’t find a complimentary possessor technology that will see this EVS utilised to its maximum. Oh wait.., say what? Akida might actually be complimentary - wow now we are cooking,.. woot!!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

M_C

Founding Member
Probably posted already, apologies if so

Screenshot_20220621-164601_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
I was just musing over on Edge Impulses web site and came across the following:

ecosystem​

Benefit from access and integrations to the leading hardware partner ecosystem from MCUs to MPUs and GPUs including acceleration.
61bb4b0c91ca5b4276535711_logos%2001.png

Then I thought about MegaChips and how apart from Nintendo it has had a long term relationship with Sony.

Then I thought about Prophesee and Sony.

Then I thought about at @Bravo reminding us of the references to Sony by Brainchip back in 2019 by the former CEO Mr. Dinardo.

Then I thought about Renesas and Sony.

Then I thought about the long relationship between Sony and ARM.

Then I thought about how Sony was presenting its own EV at the same show that Mercedes was revealing the EQXX and lauding Brainchip as Ai experts.

Then I thought Sony is actually surrounded and it would clearly know who Brainchip is and will be under pressure from one or all of the above to open a door or two and let Brainchip enter to at least look at what it has to offer.

Then I thought the outcome thereafter seems inevitable.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

This is how i see it going down..

15-11-57-6kcmr9.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Hi FF, my minds in a bit of a quandary in regard to Intel's ( Loihi ) and IBM's ( TrueNorth ) and there usefulness only as research hardware ?. Are they both still being developed further, and could still be contenders, ( competition ) as they are or could be, ??.

For years it has been stated that these neuromorphic chips won't have any commercial value to fabricate, and sell and are only useful for research purposes. As one notable professor often muttered, ( why is it so ? )

Wouldn't Akida itself be more than useful as a research candidate ( because it's more powerful etc ) than the Intel or IBM offering, particularly as it has much more features, ( useful features ) and is far and away considered more ( state of the art, so to speak ) leading edge than the other 2 offerings.

Also, because the Loihi and TrueNorth processors won't ever be considered worthy of commercialization, ( and only worthy for research purposes ) doesn't this mean that Akida is the front runner both for research and as a commercial ( in the " first to market" sense ) solution.

I must be missing something, the boss ( i.e. she who must be obeyed ) often picks me up on the somethings in life that we come across and the missings of same. ;) It's not unusual. ( to be loved my anyone )

Just thought I'd put this concern ( not a worrying one, hopefully ) out there ( and is not a daft query ) for some comment from all/any of the technical wizkids ( that appear to be in abundance, on these threads ). I'll just sleep better for having this quandary removed from my thought processes for good.

Akida Ballista >>>>> Are we getting there driver ?? and, How soon will we arrive <<<<<

gltah and followers ......

hotty...
Hi @hotty4040
Historically if we start with IBM's True North they never intended on taking it to the edge it was about trying to develop AGI in the form of a super computer much the same as the idea being pursued with SpinNaker in Europe. So while it is listed as a competitor Brainchip sensibly positioned itself in a space where they would not be confronting IBM's mite in the market place. IBM has always had a relationship in consequence with Universities and engages in cross over research as a matter of course.

Now moving on to Intel and Loihi. As initially disclosed years ago now it ran up against two things with Brainchip the first being that Peter van der Made jumped on a plane and took an exclusive licence to the JAST learning rules before Intel and as a result when Intel's patent came up against Brainchip's patent they were forced to go around.

The problem with this is as I have said many times is the shortest distance between two points (pure mathematicians need not argue the contrary position for the purpose of this analogy ie I do know the Earth is curved) is a straight line and Peter van der Made had made the straight line Brainchip's all the way to convolutional spiking neuromorphic computing.

Intel's solution to the straight line was to endow any university in the world prepared to undertake research using Loihi in an attempt to create a second straight line and to date has not done so and in fact so convoluted is the line that Loihi takes Intel in fact has endowed universities to set up courses that train student engineers and computer scientists in the language of Loihi.

While Intel was trying to create the new straight line to neuromorphic computing using SNN Peter van der Made and Brainchip remained in deep stealth mode and had very limited interaction with the university research community for the purpose of maintaining strict control over its intellectual property.

It was for these reasons that Intel and IBM are cited in many research papers and Brainchip and AKIDA have been ignored. Brainchip was pursuing a course that did not need outside researchers and the risk of intellectual property being stolen.

This year however as you know Brainchip came out of stealth and declared itself fully commercial and in the same breath opened up AKIDA to researchers in universities around the world confident that it had patent protected the straight line that Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar had reserved all the way to artificial general intelligence.

In consequence by the process of AKIDA saturating the market and becoming the default standard, universities will obviously embrace AKIDA technology if for no other reason than as the default standard this is going to be where all the jobs are and students will want to study courses that lead to jobs not further research except in the minority of cases.

Intel over all will probably move to AKIDA as it has a whole new approach to what its primary direction should be and it involves foundries and the people now at the top of Intel were not there when the Loihi project was commenced and have no professional or intellectual stake in it being a success.

The beauty of Brainchip's AKIDA is that you do not need to have studied a specific course to use it thanks to the Meta TF software solution from Brainchip so the fact that they have not been in universities is no impediment to its adoption.

As universities now start to experiment with it they will act as advertisements for AKIDA technologies amazing advantages but they will lag well behind the commercial adopters the names of which you already well know. And yes AKIDA could well displace Intel in this area of university research.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 99 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Hi @hotty4040
Historically if we start with IBM's True North they never intended on taking it to the edge it was about trying to develop AGI in the form of a super computer much the same as the idea being pursued with SpinNaker in Europe. So while it is listed as a competitor Brainchip sensibly positioned itself in a space where they would not be confronting IBM's mite in the market place. IBM has always had a relationship in consequence with Universities and engages in cross over research as a matter of course.

Now moving on to Intel and Loihi. As @uiux initially disclosed years ago now it ran up against two things with Brainchip the first being that Peter van der Made jumped on a plane and took an exclusive licence to the JAST learning rules before Intel and as a result when Intel's patent came up against Brainchip's patent they were forced to go around.

The problem with this is as I have said many times is the shortest distance between two points (pure mathematicians need not argue the contrary position for the purpose of this analogy ie I do know the Earth is curved) is a straight line and Peter van der Made had made the straight line Brainchip's all the way to convolutional spiking neuromorphic computing.

Intel's solution to the straight line was to endow any university in the world prepared to undertake research using Loihi in an attempt to create a second straight line and to date has not done so and in fact so convoluted is the line that Loihi takes Intel in fact has endowed universities to set up courses that train student engineers and computer scientists in the language of Loihi.

While Intel was trying to create the new straight line to neuromorphic computing using SNN Peter van der Made and Brainchip remained in deep stealth mode and had very limited interaction with the university research community for the purpose of maintaining strict control over its intellectual property.

It was for these reasons that Intel and IBM are cited in many research papers and Brainchip and AKIDA have been ignored. Brainchip was pursuing a course that did not need outside researchers and the risk of intellectual property being stolen.

This year however as you know Brainchip came out of stealth and declared itself fully commercial and in the same breath opened up AKIDA to researchers in universities around the world confident that it had patent protected the straight line that Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar had reserved all the way to artificial general intelligence.

In consequence by the process of AKIDA saturating the market and becoming the default standard, universities will obviously embrace AKIDA technology if for no other reason than as the default standard this is going to be where all the jobs are and students will want to study courses that lead to jobs not further research except in the minority of cases.

Intel over all will probably move to AKIDA as it has a whole new approach to what its primary direction should be and it involves foundries and the people now at the top of Intel were not there when the Loihi project was commenced and have no professional or intellectual stake in it being a success.

The beauty of Brainchip's AKIDA is that you do not need to have studied a specific course to use it thanks to the Meta TF software solution from Brainchip so the fact that they have not been in universities is no impediment to its adoption.

As universities now start to experiment with it they will act as advertisements for AKIDA technologies amazing advantages but they will lag well behind the commercial adopters the names of which you already well know. And yes AKIDA could well displace Intel in this area of university research.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Fantastic background story that I wasn't aware of FF.
Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: 26 users

Build-it

Regular

Buy stocks of this global technology to cash in on EV Boom, UBS says​

NewsArea June 20, 2022 0 Comment

UBS has named its top technology stock pick to embark on the electric vehicle revolution. Analysts at UBS, led by Grace Chen, said on June 17 that “with the increase in EV penetration and the emergence of autonomous driving, we are seeing significant growth in the technology supply chain.” The global EV market will surpass the combined market size of personal computers, smartphones and servers. And increasing electrification and automation will drive electronic content per vehicle – presenting technology companies with a key growth opportunity, Chen said. Among the technology sectors, UBS believes that semiconductor suppliers will probably benefit the most, due to the significant increase in semiconductor content in an EV. The bank expects global semi-sales to more than triple from 30 30 billion in 2015 to 10 109 billion by 2030, driven by improved driver-assistance systems (ADAS) and powertrains.
Among the stock pick power semi-space, UBS prefers Infineon, which they consider to be one of the “biggest and best-ranked” beneficiaries of the upcoming EV revolution. It prefers Nvidia in ADAS space. The bank sees stocks as a key holding for any growth portfolio and autos as a “rich playground” for the company. It also sees “plenty of opportunities” for the company to replicate partnerships with Mercedes and Jaguar Land Rover. Delta Electronics of Taiwan also made the UBS list. The bank believes that Delta EV exposure is “ahead of many Taiwanese hardware counterparts” and expects the company to grow its annual profit by 19% in 2022, driven primarily by its EV portfolio. UBS says it is bullish on Japanese electric motor maker Nidec to focus on the EV motor business. The bank also sees opportunities for the company in new areas, such as machine tools for EV parts. French automaker Valeo is another stock that UBS prefers. It believes that the company is one of the best auto suppliers in the market to increase its market share in EV Powertrain. Another analyst is favorite Irish automotive supplier Aptiv, which UBS says is one of the best quality names in the auto space. The bank also believes that the company is in a good position to capture the strength of the US market. The German automaker Vitesco Technologies also made the list. The bank noted that the company has completed its transition to electrification and is now one of the largest electrification product portfolios. Eye on Apple According to UBS, more than 50% of the content used in an EV is related to electronic content, compared to just over 10% of a traditional internal combustion vehicle. The bank believes that technology companies will benefit as EV brands are increasingly working directly with them, while the emergence of open platforms will enable technology companies to make their mark in the EV ecosystem. “We expect technology companies to accelerate investment in autos, due to the mature growth of IT products, and thus gain a foothold in the auto space from a small base,” Chen said. UBS is also keeping an eye on Apple – if the technology giant decides to enter the EV market. The bank said the company would probably be in an asset-light strategy that could turn the EV into a smartphone-like supply chain, according to Chen.

Bravo your volunteering work has no boundaries, exceptional and greatly appreciated.

It prefers Nvidia in ADAS space. The bank sees stocks as a key holding for any growth portfolio and autos as a “rich playground” for the company. It also sees “plenty of opportunities” for the company to replicate partnerships with Mercedes and Jaguar Land Rover and...
French automaker Valeo is another stock that UBS prefers. It believes that the company is one of the best auto suppliers in the market to increase its market share in EV Powertrain.

From memory Rob had mentioned Nvidia, not to be viewed as a competitor, not that I think their are any left😁.

Any LinkedIn activity between BRN & Nvidia ? Have any of the 1000 eyes got any recollection or posts saved. Maybe MC or TLS.

Edge Compute.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

gazar

Emerged
Very interesting article, especially the legal aspect. If something bad happens, who is responsible?
Two stories about the responsibility delimar come to my mind.
The first one is a similar and simpler version of the motor bike and the volvo. An autonomous vehicle is travelling around a curve in a mountain road with a sheer drop on one side and a cliff face on the other. There is a little girl sitting on the road in front. In a split second the autonomous car need to make a decision,a choice, which can be programmed into the vehicle. Whether to keep to the road and hit the little girl, or save the girl by driving over the cliff and killing the car owner. You can see the legal consequences of the deliberate choice by the carmaker in this instance.
The second story is i believe a true story of a truck driver faced with a similar delimar. He was driving down a steep hill and his brakes failed. There are exit points on steep descents that a driver can use in an emergency that takes him up a very steep incline and slows down. As the driver took the emergency exit he encounters a family having a picnic on the overgrown road. His delimar is to hit the family or steer off the cliff. He drove off the cliff.

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
On the subject of having a plan the wisdom of the ages found in the parable of the Mustard Seed is to be taken note of and possibly applied to Brainchip.

Parables have moral or religious beginnings but still exist today not because of religion or historical morality but because they encapsulated an idea which has held true for in some cases thousands of years.

Take HC had it heeded the parable of the ‘boy who cried wolf’, The Stock Exchange would not now exist.

To some parables are for children or too tied up with religion but in reality they are lessons in commonsense, logic and why bad behaviour or lack of fortitude will be rewarded with failure.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I love parables. Jesus often used them to illustrate the Kingdom of God to the spiritually blind. Maybe Brainchip needs to use more parables to get the WANCA’s and Blind Freddie’s out there to grasp the revolution behind Akida?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Hi @hotty4040

Now moving on to Intel and Loihi. As @uiux initially disclosed years ago now it ran up against two things with Brainchip the first being that Peter van der Made jumped on a plane and took an exclusive licence to the JAST learning rules before Intel and as a result when Intel's patent came up against Brainchip's patent they were forced to go around.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Fantastic post @Fact Finder

• Love
Edge Impulse tweeted this paper (Brainchip mentioned on page 4 next to Intel and IBM):

This paper proposes an end-to-end design for a neuromorphic wireless IoT system that integrates spike-based sensing, processing, and communication: https://t.co/UHS5eDOvh9 https://t.co/NDXNcR2rVQ

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

ndefries

Regular
I love parables. Jesus often used them to illustrate the Kingdom of God to the spiritually blind. Maybe Brainchip needs to use more parables to get the WANCA’s and Blind Freddie’s out there to grasp the revolution behind Akida?
I prefer the WANCAs pay a much higher price later. Last thing we need are WANCAs in a EQXX

• Haha
Reactions: 29 users
Two stories about the responsibility delimar come to my mind.
The first one is a similar and simpler version of the motor bike and the volvo. An autonomous vehicle is travelling around a curve in a mountain road with a sheer drop on one side and a cliff face on the other. There is a little girl sitting on the road in front. In a split second the autonomous car need to make a decision,a choice, which can be programmed into the vehicle. Whether to keep to the road and hit the little girl, or save the girl by driving over the cliff and killing the car owner. You can see the legal consequences of the deliberate choice by the carmaker in this instance.
The second story is i believe a true story of a truck driver faced with a similar delimar. He was driving down a steep hill and his brakes failed. There are exit points on steep descents that a driver can use in an emergency that takes him up a very steep incline and slows down. As the driver took the emergency exit he encounters a family having a picnic on the overgrown road. His delimar is to hit the family or steer off the cliff. He drove off the cliff.
The negligence is the failure to use LiDAR to see around the corner and pick up the presence of the obstacle on the road and brake. In the absence of LiDAR human and autonomously controlled vehicles should not drive at a speed around a blind corner that makes it impossible to stop if there is a child, an animal, a bolder or another vehicle present.

The negligence in the second is to be found in the failure to identify the inability of the brakes to stop the weight of the truck in normal operation or overloading the truck so as to create the risk of brake failure. As it was his fault he acted with honour. An autonomous truck would not operate with unserviceable brakes or when overloaded.

Just two different views with no opinion involved.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Taproot

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Edge Impulse tweeted this paper (Brainchip mentioned on page 4 next to Intel and IBM):

This paper proposes an end-to-end design for a neuromorphic wireless IoT system that integrates spike-based sensing, processing, and communication: https://t.co/UHS5eDOvh9 https://t.co/NDXNcR2rVQ

I posted this paper a few days ago and sent it to Brainchip.

Edge Impulse might read The StockExchange. 😂🤣😂😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

hotty4040

Regular
Hi @hotty4040

Now moving on to Intel and Loihi. As initially disclosed years ago now it ran up against two things with Brainchip the first being that Peter van der Made jumped on a plane and took an exclusive licence to the JAST learning rules before Intel and as a result when Intel's patent came up against Brainchip's patent they were forced to go around.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi again FF, thanks for that very informative reply. I will rest ( and dream now ) much easier after that response. It would appear as though Intel and IBM have truly missed the boat with this ( our ) tech. As you suggest, Akida could well become the standard ( read - new standard ) for research purposes, I'm hoping you're correct, well, what else is there currently ?.. Thanks again.

Going to have an early nightcap, now, this dilemma has been resolved. 🍻🍷

Akida Ballista >>>>> Forward - into the unknown and beyond with each new version <<<<< :unsure: :coffee:

hotty...

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom