BRN Discussion Ongoing

Fox151

Regular
So,....if I understand your post properly, what you are saying is that only Megachips should be showing as the tip of the iceberg. Would that be another way to graphically present what you wrote? dippY
I prefer to think of megachips as the water. Shielding 2/3 of the iceberg from view. And Mike Davies as Edward Smith, captain of the Titanic.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
A611A81D-38CD-47FC-836A-CE9DEDB99294.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Thought provoking article especially the dilemma of choosing what to crash into.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Didn’t think this one needed it’s own thread for now.

Has anyone looked into SoftCryptum recently? @MC🐠 possibly?

They posted this LinkedIn post a month ago which has some familiar looking photos of event based object detection, recognition and classification.

I also noticed after a quick google that we already have a partnership with them dating back to January 2019. Brn website post here.

Does anyone have any additional background on this worth discussing or is there a reason why I’ve never seen the name “SoftCryptum” pop up over the last 2 years?

Cheers
I emailed them direct a while back and got no reply at all.

Reactions: 1 users

Cyw

Regular
Thought provoking article especially the dilemma of choosing what to crash into.
Very interesting article, especially the legal aspect. If something bad happens, who is responsible?

Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
Very interesting article, especially the legal aspect. If something bad happens, who is responsible?
I have not read it am too tired. The first OEM in the world to take blanket responsibility is MB I mean.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

stuart888

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Build-it

Regular
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I found an interesting article about AI at the edge for IoT devices.

https://www.embedded.com/edge-ai-will-forever-change-smart-home-iot/

AI at the edge will forever change IoT in smart home May 26, 2022 Carsten Rhod Gregersen

The sky is the limit for better, smarter devices

AI processing at the edge is only getting started. Apple bought a company that specializes in it, Google’s Coral initiative is meant to make it easier and chipmaker Arm has already been working on it for years. In my view, the pandemic has only kicked this connected device trend into overdrive. The number of smart homes is forecast to grow and surpass the 350 million mark by next year with consumer expectations growing as a result.

Edge Compute

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-201644_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-201644_YouTube.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

stuart888

Regular
Great thought Rise from the ashes. My perspective is that I cannot wait for better safety systems intelligently applied. Brainchip fits so nicely here.

A few years ago I first tried and loved just Blind Spot Monitoring Notifications, that was Wow. It was in a 2018 Honda CR-V. Helping a driver not do a stupid move like change lanes into a car, big societal impact. The frontal crash avoidance safety features are so needed desperately to save lives. Hopefully, adoption will blast off given proven statistics in testing, likely lots of people making choices on the safety features.

1655763498820.png

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/cars-with-advanced-safety-systems-a7292621135/

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Here is the Valeo reveal which most here would have seen, but if you haven’t seen it I’d recommend watching it, it only goes for 6 minutes and it explains how the next generation Lidar will work, thanks to Brainchip. Now they don’t mention Brainchip in the video but Brainchip and Valeo have been working together 2 years now, and Valeo are on Brainchips website as a “trusted partner”

It mentions that it will be in the market in 2024, the same time that Mercedes’ will have the new EQXX ready to go to market along with akida, we know that Valeo have been working with and tested this lidar on Mercedes’ and Honda, blind Freddy can see what’s been going on behind the scenes for a while now!

If Mercedes and Valeo are planning on having market ready products for 2024, one would assume that production would start in 2023 sometime, so IMO thats shaping up for a huge jump in revenue towards the end of 2023 and some material contracts signed by both parties providing they don’t want to hide…

When the ceo of Dell says that currently there’s only 10% of devices connected to the edge, and by 2024 over 75% will be connected at the edge, that paves the way for a exponential rise, and Brainchip are leading the way as we know!

IMO, and some may disagree, but there’s no reason by the year 2025 that Brainchip will be bringing in anything under US$500 million in revenue with what we know so far, and that’s only what we know, just think of all the things we don’t know about yet.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 82 users

Foxdog

Regular
Any estimates for 2025 SP based on minimum USD500Mil revenue?

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Build-it

Regular
Copied from the Dell website.

Dell Technologies was selected as the winner of the 2022 SIA award in the “Convergence and Integration Solutions” category for ‘Dell Validated Design for Computer Vision.’

Delivering Game-Changing, Actionable Intelligence with AI-driven Computer Vision

Data-driven organizations across all industries are unlocking actionable intelligence from real-time video data coupled with other edge sensor data (audio, biometric, etc.), artificial intelligence (AI), and high-performance edge computing. Adding stored historical data enables a powerful method of using deep learning techniques on videos and digital images known as computer vision, and it’s not only transforming organizations, but more importantly, it’s transforming how they build or deliver a product or service.

The language is remarkably dare I say it identical as to what brainchip can offer.

I know where bullish with Dell and what a day it would be if that announcement drops "Excited" would be an understatement.

Dell #1 OEM Provider they claim.

Edge Compute.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
Great thought Rise from the ashes. My perspective is that I cannot wait for better safety systems intelligently applied. Brainchip fits so nicely here.

A few years ago I first tried and loved just Blind Spot Monitoring Notifications, that was Wow. It was in a 2018 Honda CR-V. Helping a driver not do a stupid move like change lanes into a car, big societal impact. The frontal crash avoidance safety features are so needed desperately to save lives. Hopefully, adoption will blast off given proven statistics in testing, likely lots of people making choices on the safety features.

View attachment 9758

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/cars-with-advanced-safety-systems-a7292621135/
Blind Freddie has been harping on for years how sighted people have a blind spot for blind spots.

He says just because they can see doesn’t mean they don’t have a blind spot.

He argues that sighted people have sayings like ‘do you think I have eyes in the back of my head’ so at one level they acknowledge they have a blind spot but as drivers when reversing they completely ignore this knowledge.

As pedestrians sighted people happily walk behind parked cars in car parks even though sighted people all have blind spots.

Blind Freddie claims his advantage is that he never forgets he cannot see unlike the sighted and that is why he cannot wait for AKIDA to take over from human drivers as he will be a lot safer when he goes out.

It was his original reason for investing in BRN apparently.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Any estimates for 2025 SP based on minimum USD500Mil revenue?
$15-$20 but by then we will be listing on the Nasdaq I would imagine.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

stuart888

Regular
Hi TFM,

The origin of the ogre was that after I had rebutted several suggestions that "Akida is here" over at the other place, @MC and @Fact Finder got into a huddle in a corner muttering darkly about my relentless negativity, and I drew the conclusion that they viewed me as the Akida-eating ogre. So really the ogre is a self-parody.
Love the ogre message. What about another other option, the dreaded backpropagation neural network image! Backpropagation does not equal low power. It has its place, but energy conservation is a real winner for Brainchip technology solutions. Orge = Backprop! Perhaps that is what @Diogenese is saying with the orge.
1655768185091.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Blind Freddie has been harping on for years how sighted people have a blind spot for blind spots.

He says just because they can see doesn’t mean they don’t have a blind spot.

He argues that sighted people have sayings like ‘do you think I have eyes in the back of my head’ so at one level they acknowledge they have a blind spot but as drivers when reversing they completely ignore this knowledge.

As pedestrians sighted people happily walk behind parked cars in car parks even though sighted people all have blind spots.

Blind Freddie claims his advantage is that he never forgets he cannot see unlike the sighted and that is why he cannot wait for AKIDA to take over from human drivers as he will be a lot safer when he goes out.

It was his original reason for investing in BRN apparently.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Case in point
april fools prank GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
Top Bottom