BRN Discussion Ongoing

This looks better :)

View attachment 9679
DYOR, I've saved the hard work for Prophesee, by showing how nice their page would look like with our company logo.
Don’t know if you remember Con but if he was here he would say:
Beautifuuuul.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Dougie54

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I said it was speculation so you can put your ogre back under the bridge.

The words used are to “process inference on Akida” which is not how it is normally put by Anil Mankar or others from Brainchip.

I think that with LSTM lurking in the background your ogre has jumped too early.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I'll see your: "process inference on Akida", and raise:

"We've successfully ported the data from Prophesee's neuromorphic-based camera sensor to process inference on Akida with impressive performance," said Anil Mankar, Co-Founder and CDO of BrainChip. "This combination of intelligent vision sensors with Akida's ability to process data with unparalleled efficiency, precision and economy of energy at the point of acquisition truly advances state-of-the-art AI enablement and offers manufacturers a ready-to-implement solution."

I think the first "process" could be replaced by "perform" or "carry out" without altering the meaning.

Also "to process inference on Akida with impressive performance" implies that the inferencing was carried out on an Akida SoC rather than in software simulation, and, as far as we know, there is only Akida 1000 SoC.

I rest my briefs.

PS: As to "speculation" consider it a pre-emptive ogre.

1655682152239.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users
Can we assume from the Prophesee / Brainchip partnership that Prophesee are no longer using SynSense for their neuromorphic chips? I can’t see how there would be a need for Prophesee to use Akida as well as any of the SynSense hardware or software?!

Partnering up with Prophesee is great….but edging out their existing neuromorphic partner is even better….and a real validation of our technology versus a direct and now proven inferior competitor.
Well they do not appear on their list of partners. If Brainchip fills the gap on the list over the next week or so then I suspect they have moved on.

Perhaps SynSense web site will tell the story.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Build-it

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

JK200SX

Regular
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users
I'll see your: "process inference on Akida", and raise:

"We've successfully ported the data from Prophesee's neuromorphic-based camera sensor to process inference on Akida with impressive performance," said Anil Mankar, Co-Founder and CDO of BrainChip. "This combination of intelligent vision sensors with Akida's ability to process data with unparalleled efficiency, precision and economy of energy at the point of acquisition truly advances state-of-the-art AI enablement and offers manufacturers a ready-to-implement solution."

I think the first "process" could be replaced by "perform" or "carry out" without altering the meaning.

Also "to process inference on Akida with impressive performance" implies that the inferencing was carried out on an Akida SoC rather than in software simulation, and, as far as we know, there is only Akida 1000 SoC.

I rest my briefs.

PS: As to "speculation" consider it a pre-emptive ogre.
Therein lies the weakness of your argument ‘as far as we know’.

Given we all know we do not know everything that is taking place behind the Brainchip veil your certainty is certainly misplaced.

If you read what Anil Mankar said at 2021 Ai Field Day he left wide open the opportunity that LSTM could be added to AKD1000 neural fabric by software without changes to the fabric as it already uses ‘itegrate and fire neuron’.

So put your briefs back on for the moment my speculation is still taking up the surface of the table.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Xray1

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

butcherano

Regular
Well they do not appear on their list of partners. If Brainchip fills the gap on the list over the next week or so then I suspect they have moved on.

Perhaps SynSense web site will tell the story.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yeah…interesting that SynSense aren’t listed as a partner on the About tab here…https://www.prophesee.ai/about-prophesee/

But they’re still listed as a partner on the homepage here…. https://www.prophesee.ai/

Will be interesting to see if they’re still there when Brainchip make an appearance on the list…(y)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Reuben

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love

Xray1

Regular
This looks better :)

View attachment 9679
DYOR, I've saved the hard work for Prophesee, by showing how nice their page would look like with our company logo.
I think our Co name would look a lot better if it was placed at the "top" of the partners lists.... lol

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

butcherano

Regular
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 28 users

"By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to deliver a complete high-performance and ultra-low power solution to OEMs looking to leverage edge-based visual technologies as part of their product offerings, said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee."

Its great to be a shareholder
If you take the following part of Prophesee’s statement above:

“"By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to deliver a complete high-performance and ultra-low power solution to OEMs”

with what they said when they partnered with SynSense in October, 2021 it is clear that SynSense was not all they thought it was going to be:

If you were SynSense you would cringe at the statement that Brainchip is ‘better able’ to do what they were supposed to in the above announcement.

Ubiquitous. DEFAULT STANDARD.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
If you take the following part of Prophesee’s statement above:

“"By combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to deliver a complete high-performance and ultra-low power solution to OEMs”

with what they said when they partnered with SynSense in October, 2021 it is clear that SynSense was not all they thought it was going to be:

If you were SynSense you would cringe at the statement that Brainchip is ‘better able’ to do what they were supposed to in the above announcement.

Ubiquitous. DEFAULT STANDARD.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
WASCA - What's a SynSense Chip Anyway

• Haha
Reactions: 37 users
Therein lies the weakness of your argument ‘as far as we know’.

Given we all know we do not know everything that is taking place behind the Brainchip veil your certainty is certainly misplaced.

If you read what Anil Mankar said at 2021 Ai Field Day he left wide open the opportunity that LSTM could be added to AKD1000 neural fabric by software without changes to the fabric as it already uses ‘itegrate and fire neuron’.

So put your briefs back on for the moment my speculation is still taking up the surface of the table.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF,

Personally I disagree with all the comments said here about this. The word inference has different meanings depending on which industry you are referring to. In the context of machine learning, inference refers to the data being fed into the machine learning model or algorithm (see link below).

So in the context here, processing inference simply refers to processing sensor data. Nothing further to read here, definitely no reference to LSTM's.
On top of this, since English isn't Anil's primary language, I think some leniency may be required, so there's not much point reading too deeply into how his sentences are structured.

Pure speculation, DYOR

Machine learning inference is the process of running data points into a machine learning model to calculate an output such as a single numerical score. This process is also referred to as “operationalizing a machine learning model” or “putting a machine learning model into production.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

LuWil

Regular
1A32D054-D5BD-49CB-8A39-AC011A846518.jpeg

9B35EF77-E988-4E24-9D40-159EEFBC2F38.jpeg

0A725E17-5472-4FA7-9F96-021E2167F7C4.jpeg

251ED420-6BBA-4BD2-9E94-F625DC82DCE9.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
The following is dedicated to the folks at SynSense:

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
Hi FF,

Personally I disagree with all the comments said here about this. The word inference has different meanings depending on which industry you are referring to. In the context of machine learning, inference refers to the data being fed into the machine learning model or algorithm (see link below).

So in the context here, processing inference simply refers to processing sensor data. Nothing further to read here, definitely no reference to LSTM's.
On top of this, since English isn't Anil's primary language, I think some leniency may be required, so there's not much point reading too deeply into how his sentences are structured.

Pure speculation, DYOR

Machine learning inference is the process of running data points into a machine learning model to calculate an output such as a single numerical score. This process is also referred to as “operationalizing a machine learning model” or “putting a machine learning model into production.”
I am still speculating. The logic is that the next generation with LSTM has been available to early access customers and robotics needs LSTM and Prophesee have jumped ship mid voyage.

I am joining the @MC🐠 school of early speculation.

Prove that Brainchip has not released LSTM to early access customers as it did with AKD1000 IP before announcing its availability to the market generally and I will give up speculating.

We both know you cannot anymore than I can prove it has been so I will continue to rely on the history of how Brainchip has done things in the past and the unusual language.

My opinion and speculation only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Haha

Proga

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

LuWil

Regular

Researchers at the Collaborative, Learning, and Adaptive Robots (CLeAR) Lab and TEE Research Group at National University of Singapore are taking advantage of the benefits of Event-Based Vision, in combination with touch, to build new visual-tactile datasets for the development of better learning systemsin robotics. The neuromorphic sensor fusion of touch and vision is being used to help robots grip and identify objects.

Their research work on ‘electronic skin’ includes Prophesee’s Metavision Event-Based Vision sensor, and demonstrates how touch and vision can be combined for enhanced capabilities in robotics.

78C329F8-136F-48E3-B44B-AC2B77057095.jpeg

This looks like it all ties in with TACNIQ which was founded by Benjamin Tee (TEE Research Group) which as we know, are currently evaluating Akida.

My opinion only.
DYOR

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom